PDA

View Full Version : T-Mac or Reggie Miller

MrFonzworth
11-26-2016, 05:41 PM
You down by ten with a minute left. Location: Wells Fargo Center. You can pick T-Mac or Reggie Miller to bring your team back. Who you got?

Smoke117
11-26-2016, 05:43 PM
Tracy Mcgrady. He's much better at creating his own shot.

BigKAT
11-26-2016, 05:49 PM

Yup.

But it really depends on who I got.
If I got a Gasol/Bynum/Bogut to set the screen, I'd rather give it to Reggie.
I think he's a better off-the-dribble shot.

Also the guy's clutch af.

But yeah, T-Mac if I don't have that solid screener.

MrFonzworth
11-26-2016, 05:56 PM
May I remind you two the location is the Wells Fargo Center?

BigKAT
11-26-2016, 05:57 PM
May I remind you two the location is the Wells Fargo Center?

76ers.
So, is this like a joke?

jstern
11-26-2016, 06:25 PM
I know they've had some great moments in similar situation, but still, the vast majority of the time they're not going to bring you back from ten down a minute to go. Everything has to line up perfectly for it to happen. The only player that I truly feared in such situations is Jordan, but usually more when there were down by 6 and maybe 8. The game was never really safe.

MrFonzworth
11-26-2016, 06:37 PM
I know they've had some great moments in similar situation, but still, the vast majority of the time they're not going to bring you back from ten down a minute to go. Everything has to line up perfectly for it to happen. The only player that I truly feared in such situations is Jordan, but usually more when there were down by 6 and maybe 8. The game was never really safe.

Typed up a paragraph, still avoided the question.

jstern
11-26-2016, 06:41 PM
Typed up a paragraph, still avoided the question.

T-Mac if we're going by ability. But like I said, if things have to line up perfectly for them to give their team the win, then the real answer is that it depends on who's luckiest that day.

pauk
11-26-2016, 07:17 PM

Reggie Miller. He's much better at MAKING the shot.

Smoke117
11-26-2016, 07:20 PM
Reggie Miller. He's much better at MAKING the shot.

A Reggie Miller stan would take Miller...how surprising. :rolleyes: Nobody else would.

Real14
11-26-2016, 07:32 PM
Tmac

pauk
11-26-2016, 07:54 PM
A Reggie Miller stan would take Miller...how surprising. :rolleyes: Nobody else would.

Stop it man, Reggie could create his own shot better than anybody when it mattered in his own way, he was the GOAT by far working of the ball, he could make a damn book & hours long tutorials on his bag of tricks, there is a reason Kobe said: "Reggie is the toughest player i ever guarded" (and keep in mind he did guard prime'ish Jordan at some point), he would lose you completely of the screens guaranteed, needed just a tiny bit of space & didnt need to take it comfortably, catch & shoot, SWISH, all you had to do with the ball as a PG was wait at the top of the key ready to zip the pass left or right base/wing.... and surely T-Mac couldnt shoot as Reggie, he would outshoot him blindfolded, especially in the ***ing clutch....

I would take Reggie over ANYBODY in NBA history to take the last shot.... Reggie is the most clutch player i have ever seen in those last shot situations, better than Jordan, i have seen him hit more gamewinners than anybody.... there i said it...

Even if you are Jordan with the ball in your hands, last seconds, if you have Reggie next to you, you HAVE to look for him if you want the highest chance possible to nail the shot.... if you are wideopen and Reggie is wideopen aswell, you pass him the ball.... its just logic, better shooter = better chance of it going in... now that decreases for most shooters in the clutch, they choke... but Reggie's chances only increased in those situations, he loved those situations more than anybody in NBA history, the more stress, the better he got.... Thats why you have to go with Reggie...

K Xerxes
11-26-2016, 08:00 PM
Stop it man, Reggie could create his own shot better than anybody when it mattered in his own way, he was the GOAT by far working of the ball, he could make a damn book & hours long tutorials on his bag of tricks, there is a reason Kobe said: "Reggie is the toughest player i ever guarded" (and keep in mind he did guard prime Jordan at some point), he would lose you completely of the screens guaranteed, needed just a tiny bit of space & didnt need to take it comfortably, catch & shoot, SWISH, all you had to do with the ball as a PG was wait at the top of the key ready to zip the pass left or right base/wing.... and surely T-Mac couldnt shoot as Reggie, he would outshoot him blindfolded, especially in the ***ing clutch....

I would take Reggie over ANYBODY in NBA history to take the last shot.... Reggie is the most clutch player i have ever seen in those last shot situations, better than Jordan, i have seen him hit more gamewinners than anybody.... there i said it...

Even if you are Jordan with the ball in your hands, last seconds, if you have Reggie next to you, you HAVE to look for him if you want the highest chance possible to nail the shot.... if you are wideopen and Reggie is wideopen aswell, you pass him the ball.... its just logic, better shooter = better chance of it going in... now that decreases for most shooters in the clutch, they choke... but Reggie's chances only increased in those situations, he loved those situations more than anybody in NBA history, the more stress, the better he got.... Thats why you have to go with Reggie...

The real question is... who was a better flopper, Reggie or MJ?

pauk
11-26-2016, 08:02 PM
The real question is... who was a better flopper, Reggie or MJ?

I love Reggie to death, but he was arguably the biggest flopper ever, back in the days it was called just "a veteran move!".

With Reggie's cold blooded trashtalking, competitive nature, character, flopping, fighting etc. he would be in jail if he played in todays era lol

K Xerxes
11-26-2016, 08:06 PM
I love Reggie to death, but he was arguably the biggest flopper ever, back in the days it was called just "a veteran move!".

With Reggie's cold blooded trashtalking, competitive nature, character, flopping, fighting etc. he would be in jail if he played in todays era lol

What about MJ's flop compilation?

pauk
11-26-2016, 08:10 PM
What about MJ's flop compilation?

What about it?

...and what does that have anything to do with anything in this thread?

MrFonzworth
11-26-2016, 08:18 PM
You guys need to remember: We're talking about the Wells Fargo Center here...

ClipperRevival
11-26-2016, 10:34 PM
What about it?

...and what does that have anything to do with anything in this thread?

I stumbled on this. But what this means is you ain't got sh't in MJ. You thought MJ was born in the same era as LeBaldo with the flopping but you were wrong. Accept it and move on.

Cold soul
11-26-2016, 11:06 PM
Career: Miller.
As player prime and peak: T-Mac.

paksat
11-27-2016, 12:59 AM
this shouldn't even be a question

in 03 it was tmac and then everyone else regardless of what the kobe ******gers wanna say