PDA

View Full Version : Where would Lebron rank if the Cavs beat the Warriors, but doesn't win FMVP?

jstern
11-27-2016, 07:19 PM
Based on how these things are judged nowadays, where would Lebron rank?

Will he move up the list? Or will his ranking get lowered by people who say he has too much help?

Cocaine80s
11-27-2016, 07:23 PM
Does he get shot by warriorfan minutes before they hand him the fmvp? only scenario i can see happening

Meticode
11-27-2016, 07:25 PM
I don't see how you lower his ranking. He gets a 4th ring. He's slightly taken a step back in the scoring role this season and let Irving and Love blossom. Love is playing his best basketball as a Cavalier right now and honestly he's looking close to his late Minnesota days. Irving is playing his best season of his career thus far right now as well because LeBron is creating so many shots for him.

If LeBron wants to lengthen his career he needs to do exactly what he's doing right now. Score when he needs to, create open shots for Love and Irving to take on the scoring load and save himself for the playoffs.

NBAGOAT
11-27-2016, 07:25 PM
you cant lower someone on a list. It's like saying it would be better if he just retired right now. Doubt Lebron would play that bad in the Finals where the team is better with richard jefferson in the game instead of him. It all depends on how he plays if it helps him at all in an all time list. Maybe he has a great series like 25/10/10 and has clutch plays but Kyrie puts up like 40. That performance is enough to help. I could have him 3 since I don't have him that far from 3 right now.

knicksman
11-27-2016, 08:24 PM
lebron still has to win 1 respected ring to be ranked

bobopenguin
11-27-2016, 10:09 PM
cavs doesnt need to go through teams like spurs, clippers, rockets, lakers and grizzlies to the finale.

so even if he wins another ring&fmvp, he will never be as good as mj.

SouBeachTalents
11-27-2016, 10:14 PM
It's absurd to debate whether winning a title will move you DOWN in ranking :oldlol: But if LeBron is the Cavs best player all season, as he has been thus far (with Kyrie & Love both playing great), then I think another title, especially beating this Warrior team will move him up in ranking past anybody but Jordan

Marchesk
11-27-2016, 10:18 PM
Wonder how ISH responds to Love getting a FMVP. Will it be empty?

NBAGOAT
11-27-2016, 10:19 PM
cavs doesnt need to go through teams like spurs, clippers, rockets, lakers and grizzlies to the finale.

so even if he wins another ring&fmvp, he will never be as good as mj.

:lol the cavs will face teams tougher than those teams

egokiller
11-27-2016, 10:31 PM
It's absurd to debate whether winning a title will move you DOWN in ranking :oldlol: But if LeBron is the Cavs best player all season, as he has been thus far (with Kyrie & Love both playing great), then I think another title, especially beating this Warrior team will move him up in ranking past anybody but Jordan

I said this but it was argued that he still would not pass alcindor

Dray n Klay
11-27-2016, 10:47 PM
Don't know, but LeBron with another FMVP is automatically GOAT

hold this L
11-27-2016, 10:54 PM
He's probably 7th best atm for me but would move instantly to top around 4th best I think. Regardless of FMVP, you know if Cavs win he would make a huge impact. The two players will get abused defensively so I don't know how either Kyrie or Love will make a bigger difference than Bron whose an elite defensive player on top of offering a ton offensively. :confusedshrug:

And you never go down in ranking for winning, that's insane. :facepalm

Prime_Shaq
11-27-2016, 10:59 PM
You can never go down a ranking unless another player leapfrogs you with better accomplishments.

Marchesk
11-27-2016, 11:08 PM

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.2017837.1416509842!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_750/mj6title21a-1-web.jpg

Devin Booker
11-28-2016, 02:52 AM

Lol. No

francesco totti
11-28-2016, 03:36 AM
I dont see Cavs beating the Warriors, if Lebron doesnt have 40 point game and triple double games....

Kyrie - Love will carry the load, until Lebron takes over when it matters.

sportjames23
11-28-2016, 04:22 AM
you cant lower someone on a list. It's like saying it would be better if he just retired right now. Doubt Lebron would play that bad in the Finals where the team is better with richard jefferson in the game instead of him. It all depends on how he plays if it helps him at all in an all time list. Maybe he has a great series like 25/10/10 and has clutch plays but Kyrie puts up like 40. That performance is enough to help. I could have him 3 since I don't have him that far from 3 right now.

Actually, you can. If someone comes along in the future and becomes the new MJ, he's gonna pass a lot of players on the All Time list, meaning many players will be lowered.

NBAGOAT
11-28-2016, 04:25 AM
Actually, you can. If someone comes along in the future and becomes the new MJ, he's gonna pass a lot of players on the All Time list, meaning many players will be lowered.

well obviously, i meant if no one else gets better. Most of the guys around Lebron for now are retired so they aren't going add to their resumes at all.

MrFonzworth
11-28-2016, 04:29 AM
He'd drop to around the 20th all time mark.

Mr Feeny
11-28-2016, 03:15 PM
He has top 2 on lock whatever happens. He can only go up really. For those who have him at 2 now,he'd probably edge closer to Jordan. For others,it would be enough to surpass Jordan as goat.

Mind you that many people already consider lebron goat.

hold this L
11-28-2016, 03:16 PM
He has top 2 on lock whatever happens. He can only go up really. For those who have him at 2 now,he'd probably edge closer to Jordan. For others,it would be enough to surpass Jordan as goat.

Mind you that many people already consider lebron goat.
Nobody except his stans consider him goat.

Mr Feeny
11-28-2016, 03:23 PM
Nobody except his stans consider him goat.

Lots of people do. The vast majority have him at top 3 at worst either way.
All the mainstream media outlets and insidehoops, reddit and realgm.

If he wins ANOTHRR he can only move up tbf.

LAZERUSS
11-28-2016, 03:28 PM
Lots of people do. The vast majority have him at top 3 at worst either way.
All the mainstream media outlets and insidehoops, reddit and realgm.

If he wins ANOTHRR he can only move up tbf.

The VAST majority...FAR MORE than the few on those forums...have Kobe WAY AHEAD of the Jester.

http://www.espn.com/sportsnation/story/_/id/17489819/kobe-bryant-nba-best-player-michael-jordan

And the reality is...Kobe has no case over the "immortals"...Wilt, MJ, Magic, KAJ, and Russell.

LAZERUSS
11-28-2016, 03:35 PM
IF...and it is a big IF...the Cavs beat a full strength Warriors team in the Finals...something they couldn't do in the last two Finals...and the Jester plays like shit...say...like he did in '07 and '11...or puts up his empty stats...something he did in '14 and '15...and loses a FMVP to a teammate...say, like Kevin Love...

...he would continue to fight for his life at the very bottom of the all-time Top-10. Might even DROP out of it.

AirBonner
11-28-2016, 03:38 PM
If they win Lebron would still be ahead of Wilt.

SouBeachTalents
11-28-2016, 03:41 PM
The VAST majority...FAR MORE than the few on those forums...have Kobe WAY AHEAD of the Jester.

http://www.espn.com/sportsnation/story/_/id/17489819/kobe-bryant-nba-best-player-michael-jordan

And the reality is...Kobe has no case over the "immortals"...Wilt, MJ, Magic, KAJ, and Russell.

Again, you use a poll that has Curry over Shaq :roll:

LAZERUSS
11-28-2016, 03:45 PM
Again, you use a poll that has Curry over Shaq :roll:

No worse than using ISH, RealGM, and Reddit, is it?

And again, to my knowledge, ESPN's "panel of experts" is a small unknown group comprised of a few editors and writers. And most certainly with a directive from those above to rank Lebron near the top.