PDA

View Full Version : Anybody looking at what Harrison Barnes is doing?

ArbitraryWater
11-28-2016, 10:43 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwEYp9upGls

Just check out the 4th quarter... this guy is singlehandedly creating his offense, posting up, fading away, 3's, etc... all the stuff a star scorer should do. He's pretty fcking good, and honestly, among the top 25 right now.

Lebron23
11-28-2016, 10:44 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwEYp9upGls

Just check out the 4th quarter... this guy is singlehandedly creating his offense, posting up, fading away, 3's, etc... all the stuff a star scorer should do. He's pretty fcking good, and honestly, among the top 25 right now.

He's always been a good player.

keep-itreal
11-28-2016, 10:49 AM
Curryball was holding him back

HurricaneKid
11-28-2016, 11:33 AM
A relatively inefficient chucker on one of the worst teams in the NBA is impressing you?

His VORP is currently negative. VORP is value over replacement player. Meaning a negative VORP player is a player who could be replaced by an NBDL player.

Now its early and that is mostly noise. But he hasn't been great. Just because SOMEONE on that team needs to score doesn't make him a good scorer.

Marchesk
11-28-2016, 11:53 AM
VORP is value over replacement player. Meaning a negative VORP player is a player who could be replaced by an NBDL player.

What league is the NBDL :confusedshrug:

lilteapot
11-28-2016, 11:59 AM
Just saw his video. What was so impressive? He faded away on two shots that he missed really badly :lol

Dude is trash

HylianNightmare
11-28-2016, 12:01 PM
Someone has to score. I don't get how Dallas is so bad though

Proctor
11-28-2016, 12:03 PM
A relatively inefficient chucker on one of the worst teams in the NBA is impressing you?

His VORP is currently negative. VORP is value over replacement player. Meaning a negative VORP player is a player who could be replaced by an NBDL player.

Now its early and that is mostly noise. But he hasn't been great. Just because SOMEONE on that team needs to score doesn't make him a good scorer.
Cringiest post today.

VORP doe!!

HurricaneKid
11-28-2016, 12:16 PM
What league is the NBDL :confusedshrug:

National Basketball association Developmental League.

HurricaneKid
11-28-2016, 12:17 PM

Have you looked at the roster?

JJ Barea is their second leading scorer. Dirk has been injured (and is old).

HurricaneKid
11-28-2016, 12:20 PM
Cringiest post today.

VORP doe!!

He gets the Shareef Abdur-Rahim award. Leading scorer for the 13, 8, 22, 23 win Grizzlies. Only he isn't nearly as good as Reef.

ArbitraryWater
11-28-2016, 12:37 PM

Yeah, and he's doing it on 46% :confusedshrug:

21 ppg on 46% / 17 fga is pretty good regardless

Sarcastic
11-28-2016, 12:40 PM
Every team gets 90 points and about 45 rebounds per game(roughly) at least. Someone has to get the stats.

ralph_i_el
11-28-2016, 12:48 PM
Yeah, and he's doing it on 46% :confusedshrug:

21 ppg on 46% / 17 fga is pretty good regardless

He isn't getting to the line very much, or shooting very many 3's (and he's shooting those 3's at a poor rate).

His overall efficiency is bad. Shooting lots of pull-up 2's

Plenty of crappy guys out there could get you 20 ppg on 52 TS% if you needed them to be your first option. Nick Young could do that.

tpols
11-28-2016, 01:01 PM
His production is coming on the worst team in the league.. that should tell you all you need to know about his impact.

1manfastbreak
11-28-2016, 01:03 PM
losing?

Harry B can score in an offense that clears out the side of the court and lets him operate in iso-ball.

hold this L
11-28-2016, 01:07 PM
I have no idea why AW has been stanning Barnes this season, this is like the 3rd topic he's made about his production. I'm surprised he's shooting at this level, but I'll wait for a larger sample size because of how little faith I have in him. His type of ball isn't doing shit for them. People say he will be a lot better when a few injured players are back but we'll see.

Calling him top 25 is beyond silly though, AW = Barnes? :lol

Jasper
11-28-2016, 06:56 PM
Anybody looking at what Harrison Barnes is doing?

NOPE

warriorfan
11-28-2016, 06:58 PM
I have no idea why AW has been stanning Barnes this season, this is like the 3rd topic he's made about his production. I'm surprised he's shooting at this level, but I'll wait for a larger sample size because of how little faith I have in him. His type of ball isn't doing shit for them. People say he will be a lot better when a few injured players are back but we'll see.

:roll:

miggyme1
11-28-2016, 07:25 PM
mavs are crap. still have a respectable team on paprer without dirk and dirk isn't what he use to be and they are imo the worst team in the league...yep I have the 76ers ahead of them. pure garbage. on eof th ebest freaking coache sin the league...hell a top 3 coach. I cant even blame Carlisle...the team is just trash

Cone
11-28-2016, 09:06 PM
Barnes has been doing really good. Anyone discrediting him because of the Mavs record is stupid af. Dirk, Dwill, Barea, and Harris have pretty much missed the entire season, and they have been starting D-Leaguers/undraftees outside of him and Bogut.

No shit they have a bad record. Stupid ass kids here, i swear. :oldlol:

bdreason
11-28-2016, 11:57 PM
There's only 50 or so players in the NBA that could average those kind of numbers as a first option. :bowdown:

GOBB
11-29-2016, 12:15 AM
He's Mr.Ordinary :confusedshrug:

JebronLames
11-29-2016, 12:21 AM
Reminds me of a more efficient prime Kobe.

BIG FURB
11-29-2016, 04:33 AM
Barnes has been doing really good. Anyone discrediting him because of the Mavs record is stupid af. Dirk, Dwill, Barea, and Harris have pretty much missed the entire season, and they have been starting D-Leaguers/undraftees outside of him and Bogut.

No shit they have a bad record. Stupid ass kids here, i swear. :oldlol:

This, the people hating on him now just look stupid. The fact that he's shooting 46% but he's struggling with his 3 point shot, shows how efficient his midrange game has been. The fact that he's a 20ppg scorer without getting the bs parade to the ft line many more establishd stars get also speaks volumes. When those calls start coming and he gets that 3 point shooting closer to his usual averages, kids gonna be downright scary.

And using the teams record to discredit him is kinda ridiculous considering the MASH unit he's been playing with all year. They've been without Dirk, Harris, williams and recently lost Barea (who was their 2nd best player this season, speaking to the lack of supporting talent on that team). Thats 4 guys that accounted for 52ppg last year sitting in suits at the end of the bench, they're supposed to be this bad. Doesn't mean he's not been good

Spurs m8
11-29-2016, 04:45 AM
Cringiest post today.

VORP doe!!

:roll:

Doranku
11-29-2016, 07:00 AM
VORP is probably the worst stat I've ever seen. As if it's possible to crunch numbers to determine how many wins a player adds to a team. :oldlol:

Just another nerd created stat with arbitrary weightings that tries to tell a story that isn't there.

SpaceJam
11-29-2016, 07:14 AM
People watch Mavs games?

ArbitraryWater
11-29-2016, 09:32 AM

This is the second, if not first?

Milbuck
11-29-2016, 09:39 AM
GOAT imo