PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Martin announces retirement in the NBA

Lebron23
11-28-2016, 12:07 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/kevin-martin-announces-retirement-from-nba-in-newspaper-ad/

Checking some old threads. Nobody even made a thread about it. Kevin Martin was a solid scorer during his prime.

Proctor
11-28-2016, 12:21 PM
Sad, I kinda hoped when he was on the Spurs he would become the next Marco Bellinelli for them.

One of the quieter, great scorers of all time. The kind of player to drop 25 points on 8 field goals and make you go WTF. Mastered getting to the line and scoring efficiently and in flurries.

Marchesk
11-28-2016, 12:33 PM
Mastered getting to the line and scoring efficiently and in flurries.

Was that why Harden was traded for him?

Springsteen
11-28-2016, 12:57 PM
Only 33? Damn, whatever he feels was the best decision I guess.

It's depressing but I'll remember him most for how OKC tried to slide him into Harden's role and disappointing miserably at it, glorifying how terrible of a trade it was in one more regard.

Proctor
11-28-2016, 01:06 PM

It's depressing but I'll remember him most for how OKC tried to slide him into Harden's role and disappointing miserably at it, glorifying how terrible of a trade it was in one more regard.
Just happy the Cavs didn't get him, as he's an Ohio native and a massive upgrade over Dunleavy.

Wally450
11-28-2016, 01:28 PM
Did he used to get the same hate Harden used to get because he'd always get to the FT line?

Proctor
11-28-2016, 01:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLsnerJs6F0

:roll:

Gabuyaux
11-28-2016, 03:00 PM
Scored 37 in a game less than a year ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucUopKHibDk

TiagoSimoes
11-28-2016, 03:09 PM

He was actually pretty good for us. Had one of his most efficient years and shot a career high for 3s with 43%. he fit really well with KD and Westbrook. the main issue was replacing harden's playmaking, which martin couldnt obviously, and Jackson only started to breakthrough the season after. OKC had imo its best regular season ever that year, was #1 in offense and #4 in defense. Westbrook's injury completely destroyed all ambition they had in the playoffs. It was the year i was most confident about winning it all tbh.

Martin did lay a big egg on those playoffs, but the team dynamic completely changed after the injury happened. Ill remember him as a really good bench player, nothing like you described.

Springsteen
11-28-2016, 05:29 PM
He was actually pretty good for us. Had one of his most efficient years and shot a career high for 3s with 43%. he fit really well with KD and Westbrook. the main issue was replacing harden's playmaking, which martin couldnt obviously, and Jackson only started to breakthrough the season after. OKC had imo its best regular season ever that year, was #1 in offense and #4 in defense. Westbrook's injury completely destroyed all ambition they had in the playoffs. It was the year i was most confident about winning it all tbh.

Martin did lay a big egg on those playoffs, but the team dynamic completely changed after the injury happened. Ill remember him as a really good bench player, nothing like you described.

Yeah, maybe I'm being too hard on him, he did produce solidly in the regular season.

I guess how Harden played that season made my outlook that much harsher on him and his no-show in the playoffs.

SamuraiSWISH
11-28-2016, 05:33 PM
Impact less scorer, and one of the most hideous jumpers of all-time.

Spurs m8
11-28-2016, 05:43 PM
Hated him last season

LukeWalton
11-28-2016, 08:09 PM
well congrats kmart 2