PDA

View Full Version : Damn...27-18-14 in 36 Minutes

LAZERUSS
11-28-2016, 10:53 PM
I'm no fan of Westbrick...but props tonight.

MrFonzworth
11-28-2016, 10:55 PM
Padding stats. Not as impressive as KLove carrying LeBasket.

lilteapot
11-28-2016, 10:58 PM

What the hell does LeBasket even mean?

Meticode
11-28-2016, 10:58 PM
LeBasket?

CuhGetsBucks
11-28-2016, 10:59 PM
:lol :lol :lol

MrFonzworth
11-28-2016, 10:59 PM

Because he's being carried :roll: :roll: :roll:

Mr. Jabbar
11-28-2016, 11:01 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Da Real Lambo
11-28-2016, 11:02 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

LAZERUSS
If my math is correct... 18 rebounds, out of a total of 93...and in 36 minutes...or about a 25-26 TRB%.

Meticode
Here come the warriorfan alts.

Dray n Klay
11-28-2016, 11:03 PM
Finals Wilt:

18ppg in 46 minutes in a 140 possesions league!

:lol

lilteapot
11-28-2016, 11:04 PM
Lol, that's actually pretty clever.

Eye Test

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/527/247/7b7.gif

KungFuJoe
I watched most of the game.

I absolutely respect the **** out of Westbrook for his heart. No one comes close to him in that dept.

But damn he is a dumb player. Dumb shots dumb turnovers. He was literally just throwing the ball at the rim at times.

MrFonzworth
11-28-2016, 11:05 PM
Lol, that's actually pretty clever.

Not even a hater, just posted it because I thought of it :cheers:

BlakFrankWhite
11-28-2016, 11:10 PM
game for the ages.

Best player in the world, no longer shall you bishes deny it.

LAZERUSS
11-28-2016, 11:11 PM
Finals Wilt:

18ppg in 46 minutes in a 140 possesions league!

:lol

Or 30.1 ppg, on 20.9 FGA per game, with a .555 TS%, in a seven game series in which the two teams combined to shoot a .413 TS%, and with a .575 TS%, in that series, and in which the two teams combined to shoot a .465 TS%. Oh, and 31 rpg, with a 25.2 TRB%, along with 7.0 bpg. Led BOTH teams in MPG, PPG, RPG, TRB%, eFG%, and TS%,

In a series in which he led his 40-40 team to a game seven, one point loss, against a 62-18 six-time defending, HOF-laden Celtics team, with the GOAT defensive center in NBA history.

TOTAL DOMINATION.

BTW, the Celtics then crushed the Lakers in the Finals, 4-1, with two 30+ point wins, including a 129-96 clincher.

Oh, and Russell put up an 18 ppg, 25 rpg, .702 eFG% Finals and against this center...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&hint=Leroy+Ellis&player_id1_select=Leroy+Ellis&player_id1=ellisle01&hint=Wilt+Chamberlain&player_id2_select=Wilt+Chamberlain&player_id2=chambwi01

Of course...this topic is NOT about Chamberlain. If you want to start a comparison with LeCHOKE in his Finals, and Wilt in his...I would be more than happy to oblige. I can tell you this much, though, Chamberlain was FAR MORE DOMINANT in his '67 and '72 Finals, than the Jester was in '07, '11, '14, and '15.

Meticode
11-28-2016, 11:11 PM
game for the ages.

Best player in the world, no longer shall you bishes deny it.
No.

Vragrant
11-28-2016, 11:21 PM
I just don't get why fans are so obsessed with triple doubles.

CuhGetsBucks
11-28-2016, 11:21 PM
Lmfaoo!

bobopenguin
11-28-2016, 11:31 PM
when a PG is getting 18rbs, u seriously gotta question their C/PF/SF.
no wonder why KD left.

piusbovis
11-29-2016, 12:27 AM
Didn't Adam's and Kanter both get 10 boards this game?

FKAri
11-29-2016, 12:29 AM
and didn't they destroy GS on the glass last year too? Bobopenguin doesn't know wtf hes talking about.

FreezingTsmoove
11-29-2016, 12:46 AM

:roll: :roll:

Big164
11-29-2016, 01:08 AM
There was a guy in the 1960s like Westbrook named oscar Robertson who averaged a triple double but finished with a per of only 25.

Averaging a TD will get you a per of 30+ in almost any era. But oscar played in a league with the great Chamberlain do it was skewed down

bobopenguin
11-29-2016, 01:51 AM

again, if u are getting 10rbs, and ur PG is getting 18, u better go home and rethink about ur career.

TiagoSimoes
11-29-2016, 09:55 AM
again, if u are getting 10rbs, and ur PG is getting 18, u better go home and rethink about ur career.

Its strategy, bigs box out, westbrook gets it to start the offense really fast. OKC gets alot of quick points like that. Its easy rebounds right, but thats why context is important.

Watch the games.

Milbuck
11-29-2016, 10:05 AM
I just don't get why fans are so obsessed with triple doubles.
Because it's a point guard rebounding like a center. The aggressiveness, stamina and motor it takes to do what he's doing as a 6'3" guard is absolutely ridiculous.

K Xerxes
11-29-2016, 10:14 AM
To be fair, WB does pull down some absurd offensive boards too for his height.

Marchesk
11-29-2016, 10:25 AM
when a PG is getting 18rbs, u seriously gotta question their C/PF/SF.
no wonder why KD left.

They had GS down 3-1 with a lead at home in Game 6 late in the 4th quarter, until KD and Westbrook started turning the ball over, so ...

Mr Feeny
11-29-2016, 10:34 AM
Easily better than Kobe ever was, peak for peak...

guy
11-29-2016, 02:16 PM
I watched most of the game.

I absolutely respect the **** out of Westbrook for his heart. No one comes close to him in that dept.

But damn he is a dumb player. Dumb shots dumb turnovers. He was literally just throwing the ball at the rim at times.

This. Dude is the definition of stats not telling the whole story. He may not even be a top 5 player to me. There's at least 4 guys I'd take over him.

miggyme1
11-29-2016, 03:43 PM
This. Dude is the definition of stats not telling the whole story. He may not even be a top 5 player to me. There's at least 4 guys I'd take over him.

yea I mean he is pretty much the kobe of this generation....once in a lifetime player but there are like 5 other guys that are better to BUILD a team around. I get what you are saying but as far as bball talent goes you CANNOT name 5 players better than him. I'm sorry

guy
11-29-2016, 03:51 PM
yea I mean he is pretty much the kobe of this generation....once in a lifetime player but there are like 5 other guys that are better to BUILD a team around. I get what you are saying but as far as bball talent goes you CANNOT name 5 players better than him. I'm sorry

No he's not. Kobe was easily better and his standing in the league was higher.

Call it talent or whatever, his stats make him look better then he's been. Not saying he's not a great player, but I'd easily take Lebron, Durant, Steph, Kawhi over him and then arguments can be made for CP3, Harden, AD.

Gilles Simon
11-29-2016, 05:36 PM
This is not the game to be talking about stat padding rebounds. It was one of the most spectacular displays of rebounding I've ever seen from a guard. Here is my favorite: https://vine.co/v/5Ua66XAjMMj :biggums:

Flexzone
11-29-2016, 06:17 PM
Easily better than Kobe ever was, peak for peak...
This isn't about kobe........:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

You are insecure

Hey Yo
11-29-2016, 06:43 PM
Look at join date

Had to make new gimmick account shorty after he WITNESSed James taking a giant shit on his face.

feyki
11-29-2016, 06:56 PM

:roll: :roll: :lol

MrFonzworth
11-29-2016, 08:38 PM
Look at join date

Had to make new gimmick account shorty after he WITNESSed James taking a giant shit on his face.

Nah, I respect Lebron, just wanted to use that LeBasket phrase.

miggyme1
11-29-2016, 09:36 PM
No he's not. Kobe was easily better and his standing in the league was higher.

Call it talent or whatever, his stats make him look better then he's been. Not saying he's not a great player, but I'd easily take Lebron, Durant, Steph, Kawhi over him and then arguments can be made for CP3, Harden, AD.

kobe was easily better....but they were one in the same??? make that make sense...yea kobe has the better career but westbrook is still writing his.....he keeps playing like this and the only separation will be rings...but we all know it takes great teams to win. westrbook cant do it by himself.

No one has averaged a triple double in a season for a given period of times since magic Johnson in 91-92......all those great players.......and no one has done it...not kobe....not LeBron.....shaq.....Duncan.....kg....etc.....not even Jordan.

Would I want to start a team with westbrook...prolly not.....but that's preference....doesn't make him less of a player. I just value a prototypical pg and a prototypical big man to go along with that.

as far as talent goes....and we just talking talent....I cant find a better player on the planet as of today that's more talented than him.

kobe scored 81 in a game and you b*itches kissed his feet

westbrook just gave you 27-18-14......add up those points from the 14 assists and then add up the second chance points from those offensive rebounds and add in the 36 minutes and find me another player that has done that in the last 25 years..................ILL WAIT.

Spurs5Rings2014
11-29-2016, 10:50 PM
This is not the game to be talking about stat padding rebounds. It was one of the most spectacular displays of rebounding I've ever seen from a guard. Here is my favorite: https://vine.co/v/5Ua66XAjMMj :biggums:

:biggums:

That's about as unstatpaddy as it gets.

guy
11-30-2016, 09:09 AM
kobe was easily better....but they were one in the same??? make that make sense...yea kobe has the better career but westbrook is still writing his.....he keeps playing like this and the only separation will be rings...but we all know it takes great teams to win. westrbook cant do it by himself.

No one has averaged a triple double in a season for a given period of times since magic Johnson in 91-92......all those great players.......and no one has done it...not kobe....not LeBron.....shaq.....Duncan.....kg....etc.....not even Jordan.

Would I want to start a team with westbrook...prolly not.....but that's preference....doesn't make him less of a player. I just value a prototypical pg and a prototypical big man to go along with that.

as far as talent goes....and we just talking talent....I cant find a better player on the planet as of today that's more talented than him.

kobe scored 81 in a game and you b*itches kissed his feet

westbrook just gave you 27-18-14......add up those points from the 14 assists and then add up the second chance points from those offensive rebounds and add in the 36 minutes and find me another player that has done that in the last 25 years..................ILL WAIT.

It's not about rings and they weren't one in the same. Kobe's clearly a better and defender, wasn't nearly as ball-dominant, turnover-prone, and didn't take as many bad shots. And that goes to show just how ball-dominant and how many bad shots Westbrook takes since that was a legit criticism of Kobe, yet he's not nearly as bad. Kobe could play in a system. Westbrook can't. Part of the reason Kobe has won rings and Westbrook hasn't is because he's better for all the reasons I've mentioned.

Averaging a triple double is pretty cool. But doing something rare doesn't make it better. Someone averaging 0 ppg/20 apg isn't better then someone putting up 30/5/5 despite it being more rare.

I would assume the preference of who you would want a build a team around is based on winning. Most people's preference to build around Lebron all these years isn't because of his super cool highlights. It's cause they believe he's best for winning games.