PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Love vs Blake Griffin - who you take?

coined
11-29-2016, 08:27 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR4ZhqsfO2k

BigKAT
11-29-2016, 09:33 AM
I like Kevin love more as a player.
I think he's really the best stretch four out there in terms of offense.

But I'ma have to go with Blake, if I'm starting a franchise.
He's just too good.

Offense, Defense, Rebounding, Scoring, Passing.
And shit, the guy's marketble af too. You take that into account as well, those Dunks can really rejuvinate a franchise fanbase.

I mean look at the Magic fans talking themselves into Aaron Gordon just because of the dunk contest.

Jasper
11-29-2016, 11:08 AM
Love is doing what he needs to do on this team ...

one on one = Griffin

dunksby
11-29-2016, 11:38 AM
Kevin Love, he is better at every aspect of the game.

tpols
11-29-2016, 11:44 AM
lets just say this... if you swapped blake and love the clipps would become even deadlier offensively while the cavs would see a starker decrease.. thats the power of spacing.

PeroAntic
11-29-2016, 11:45 AM
Griffin, hes just a more complete player. KLove is a role player basically

ArbitraryWater
11-29-2016, 12:11 PM
Lets just say, 2014 Griff, 2015 playoff Griff, and 2016 pre-injury Griff, was a far better player than any Love version ever, leading one of the top playoff teams in the West, accumulating impact Love could only dream of, while 2014 Love was damn near setting the record for most close losses ever on his TWolves team, and of course missing out on the post-season.

tpols
11-29-2016, 12:13 PM
Lets just say, 2014 Griff, 2015 playoff Griff, and 2016 pre-injury Griff, was a far better player than any Love version ever, leading one of the top playoff teams in the West, accumulating impact Love could only dream of, while 2014 Love was damn near setting the record for most close losses ever on his TWolves team, and of course missing out on the post-season.

Kevin Love led a top 5 offense and the only reason his team didnt make the playoffs is because the barrier to entry in the west that year was at a historical peak (the wolves wouldve made the playoffs out east).

And lmao @ you not accounting for blake playing on stacked clipper squads with Chris Paul while Love was working with dog sh!t comparatively.

dont be so blatantly dishonest AW.. everybody can see right through it.

atljonesbro
11-29-2016, 12:23 PM
Gotta go with Kevin Love. He's better at literally everything than Blake

ArbitraryWater
11-29-2016, 12:32 PM
Kevin Love led a top 5 offense and the only reason his team didnt make the playoffs ius because the barrier to entry in the west that year was at a historical peak (the wolves wouldve made the playoffs out east).

And lmao @ you not accounting for blake playing on stacked clipper squads with Chris Paul while Love was working with dog sh!t comparatively.

dat dishonest stannin argument...

:oldlol: You dishonest fool

Griffin led the '14 Clippers to a 13-6 record across an NINETEEN game stretch without Paul (injured), doing 27.5 ppg/8.5 rpg/4.4 apg on 55.4% and leading the Clippers to a 3rd seed, doing so...

that alone established him more dominant and impactful than Love ever was.

Why dont you look those offensive rating stats up for me during that stretch?

Meanwhile Love didn't make the playoffs with Rubio, Martin, Brewer and Pekovic, and you're here talking about his offense, while he made the Timberwolves defense worse by SEVEN points when he was on the floor :roll:

Don't try to fool me.. you sick fck just have to overrate him because of who he plays with dont you..

The Timberwolves had a 6-15 record in games decided in the final 2 minutes :oldlol:

Their SRS was good enough for a playoff ranking, but their final record was below .500

Give it a break, tpols

tpols
11-29-2016, 12:45 PM
AW, a small sample size like that doesnt mean he "led them to the playoffs".. thats less than 25% of the season...

Blake was great, no doubt, but mentioning Griffin leading his team to the playoffs in comparison to Love.. when he had an infinitely better supporting cast is a dishonest and stannin argument.. He was playing with Chris Paul for christs sake. You have to come better than that.

Both Griffin and Love are All NBA caliber players. They are BOTH great players. But my argument is that Love's off ball, quick strike approach that is equally effective in all areas of the court is more valuable than Griffin's dribble happy, poke and prod play making game next to perimeter stars of today, Paul, Bron, Westbrook, Harden, etc

Playing next to guys like that ^^^ guys who like to handle the ball a lot from up top in PnRs, Griffin becomes a tad redundant by comparison. The offense is much more fluid and in sync with an off ball option like Love than it is with a guy like blake who likes certain areas of the floor much more than others and likes to dribble to get there more often.

I would take Blake on a middling or poor team and Love on a good / great team. And wouldnt care if someone took Blake overall.

But you need to come with better arguments my friend.

hold this L
11-29-2016, 12:47 PM
It really feels like some of you have serious forms ADD. A proper what have you done for me lately. Love has never been or ever will be as good as Griffin, regardless of his fantastic offensive form currently.

MP.Trey
11-29-2016, 12:53 PM
On the Cavs, Love.

Starting a franchise, Blake.

scm5
11-29-2016, 12:59 PM
I think if you gave Love DeAndre Jordan on his Minny teams, you would see a decent playoffs team.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/MIN/2014.html

Love's Minny team was 9th in offense and 12th in defense. They finished with a record well below what their expected W/L was because of how tough the West was that season.

8th seed in the West needed a 49-33 record. Let that sink in.

Bankaii
11-29-2016, 01:04 PM
lets just say this... if you swapped blake and love the clipps would become even deadlier offensively while the cavs would see a starker decrease.. thats the power of spacing.
So dumb:roll:

dunksby
11-29-2016, 01:04 PM
I think if you gave Love DeAndre Jordan on his Minny teams, you would see a decent playoffs team.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/MIN/2014.html

Love's Minny team was 9th in offense and 12th in defense. They finished with a record well below what their expected W/L was because of how tough the West was that season.

8th seed in the West needed a 49-33 record. Let that sink in.
How about you give Love DJ and CP3 and let BG play with Rubio and Pekovic. Blake Griffin has been disappointing every year, fool's gold.

ArbitraryWater
11-29-2016, 06:47 PM
AW, a small sample size like that doesnt mean he "led them to the playoffs".. thats less than 25% of the season...

Blake was great, no doubt, but mentioning Griffin leading his team to the playoffs in comparison to Love.. when he had an infinitely better supporting cast is a dishonest and stannin argument.. He was playing with Chris Paul for christs sake. You have to come better than that.

Both Griffin and Love are All NBA caliber players. They are BOTH great players. But my argument is that Love's off ball, quick strike approach that is equally effective in all areas of the court is more valuable than Griffin's dribble happy, poke and prod play making game next to perimeter stars of today, Paul, Bron, Westbrook, Harden, etc

Playing next to guys like that ^^^ guys who like to handle the ball a lot from up top in PnRs, Griffin becomes a tad redundant by comparison. The offense is much more fluid and in sync with an off ball option like Love than it is with a guy like blake who likes certain areas of the floor much more than others and likes to dribble to get there more often.

I would take Blake on a middling or poor team and Love on a good / great team. And wouldnt care if someone took Blake overall.

But you need to come with better arguments my friend.

that sample size is nearly 25% of the season :biggums:

Love didnt even have a single stretch all year winning at least 12 games over 18 :oldlol:

bolded is drivel, you know that redudant shit isnt close to being true. thats your weird tpols logic bubble.

Blake was out there averaging a near 30 pt triple double for two games without Paul in Houston (and the rest of the way too), also... quite frankly given their post-season history/pedigree its a joke to compare the two.

Love was a detriment for the better part of a finals series..

Meticode
11-29-2016, 06:59 PM
Griffin, hes just a more complete player. KLove is a role player basically
Interesting you say this considering right now Love is averaging more points, more rebounds a better PER and a better eFG% over Blake Griffin. But yet he's a role player.

Meticode
11-29-2016, 07:01 PM
Kevin Love. His game will age better as he gets older. Blake Griffin depends an awful lot on his athleticism to get him points. While Griffin has a great mid-range game. Love shoots absolutely far and above lights out from three compared to Griffin. Griffin shouldn't even be take threes at this point with how badly he shoots them.

The last two years it was debatable and I would've probably leaned towards Griffin, but if Love keeps playing the way he has this season or close to it. I'd take him.

ArbitraryWater
11-29-2016, 07:05 PM
Kevin Love. His game will age better as he gets older. Blake Griffin depends an awful lot on his athleticism to get him points. While Griffin has a great mid-range game. Love shoots absolutely far and above lights out from three compared to Griffin. Griffin shouldn't even be take threes at this point with how badly he shoots them.

The last two years it was debatable and I would've probably leaned towards Griffin, but if Love keeps playing the way he has this season or close to it. I'd take him.

probably the worst argument yet.. Love hasnt yet been better at any point of their careers, but he's better because he will be, some day, when Griffin's game ages badly... which is what they said about Bron, too :lol

Last two years there wasn't even a debate :oldlol:

Meticode
11-29-2016, 07:11 PM
probably the worst argument yet.. Love hasnt yet been better at any point of their careers, but he's better because he will be, some day, when Griffin's game ages badly... which is what they said about Bron, too :lol

Last two years there wasn't even a debate :oldlol:
Whoa, so the 13-14 season isn't even a debate between the two? You automatically give it to Griffin when Love averaged 26/12.5/4.4 and Griffin 24/9.5/3.9...

You can't even count the last two years for Griffin either. He he played like 35 games last season and missed almost 1/4 of the season the year before that.

alenleomessi
11-29-2016, 07:20 PM
Blake is the first option of one of the best teams in the nba.. Love is just a spot up shooter who had few good games.. Im sorry but no one is going to forget his 9ppg in the finals just because he destroyed the sixers the other day..

warriorfan
11-29-2016, 07:24 PM
Blake is the first option of one of the best teams in the nba.. Love is just a spot up shooter because he is forced to play LeBron-Ball, who had few good games.. Im sorry but no one is going to forget his 9ppg in the finals just because he destroyed the sixers the other day..

K.dot ShowTime
11-29-2016, 07:42 PM
Kevin Love easily. Let him play with CP3 and DJ (perfect fit for him) and you'll have a better result for the Clippers.

plowking
11-29-2016, 08:49 PM

Pretty terrible analysis of Griffin's game. He uses a lot of pick and pop to get his points. He is an extremely quick PF, and that isn't something that will go away with age. Jamal Crawford is still quick enough to be duking people out.

Hyper athletes games always age better. I don't know why you and a whole lot of others spread the opposite. Have a look at all the greats, and almost all of them are incredible athletes. Funnily enough, Magic and Bird who were on the lower end of that "great athlete" range were the ones that had the shortest careers in the top 10.

Griffin is, and always has been the better player. Though Love fits better on the Cavs I guess. Allows Bron and Kyrie to drive and kick out to Love.

Meticode
11-29-2016, 09:04 PM
Pretty terrible analysis of Griffin's game. He uses a lot of pick and pop to get his points. He is an extremely quick PF, and that isn't something that will go away with age. Jamal Crawford is still quick enough to be duking people out.

Hyper athletes games always age better. I don't know why you and a whole lot of others spread the opposite. Have a look at all the greats, and almost all of them are incredible athletes. Funnily enough, Magic and Bird who were on the lower end of that "great athlete" range were the ones that had the shortest careers in the top 10.

Griffin is, and always has been the better player. Though Love fits better on the Cavs I guess. Allows Bron and Kyrie to drive and kick out to Love.
Meh. I disagree with most of this. Using Magic and Bird as an example is a meh. Bird had back issues from playing so hard and Magic HIV. I'd still take Love. Today's league is about spreading the floor the best you can to get the best shot you possibly can. Love does that. Griffin doesn't. Just plain and simple to me.

plowking
11-29-2016, 09:07 PM
Didn't people say the same about Wade's game? In fact, didn't people say LeBron would experience too. I mean we've seen a decent slowdown in his play and athleticism.

All the hyper athletes in the league last and have longer and more prosperous careers in general.

tpols
11-29-2016, 09:11 PM
Didn't people say the same about Wade's game? In fact, didn't people say LeBron would experience too. I mean we've seen a decent slowdown in his play and athleticism.

All the hyper athletes in the league last and have longer and more prosperous careers in general.

then what happened to derrick rose and amare's knees ? Why did Jamal Charles blow out his legs way sooner than emmit smith? There are plenty of hyper athletes that have lasted, and plenty that have blown their shit out and had career threatening injuries. You've shown no causation or correlation and are just throwing around baseless statements like a proud fool.

Meticode
11-29-2016, 09:12 PM

People say a lot of things. It doesn't mean nothing. The point I'm trying to make is assumingly it's safer to bet on the players who play great because of their skill and depend upon that versus depending more on athleticism like Griffin does and like how LeBron did the first half of his career.

Bigsmoke
11-30-2016, 10:39 AM
Whoa, so the 13-14 season isn't even a debate between the two? You automatically give it to Griffin when Love averaged 26/12.5/4.4 and Griffin 24/9.5/3.9...

You can't even count the last two years for Griffin either. He he played like 35 games last season and missed almost 1/4 of the season the year before that.

the folks who had woke up from a coma in April 2014 and decide who's better by strictly stats would think what you are thinking