PDA

View Full Version : What If Oden and Durant are Bust?

DLeagueWannabe
05-22-2007, 06:53 PM
Like seriously...

What if they both play soft, or they both get side tracked by other things...

OR THEY ARE BOTH SIMPLY OVERHYPED?

Do we abandon basketball scouts, and ESPN analyst alike?

Rockets(T-mac)
05-22-2007, 06:55 PM
I highly doubt they will be busts but if they are then it will be another disappointing draft.

Lebron23
05-22-2007, 07:00 PM
This would mean that the NBA draft is a busts and the 2003 NBA Draft is the best Draft ever.

Seriously, I think one or both of them will be a good basketball player and probably a potential HOF.

joshk
05-22-2007, 07:12 PM
I hope not. Im really looking forward to see them do good in the NBA. Durant=ROY.

MTing
05-22-2007, 07:13 PM
Maybe one of them will be a bust but definitely not both.

lakerfreak
05-22-2007, 07:18 PM
Oden's probably the more likely out of the 2 to become a bust.

I dont think he will be a bust but he won't be a David Robinson.

Da KO King
05-22-2007, 07:26 PM
It think its far more possible than people care to realize.

Would be along the lines of George standing on that boat in front of the Mission Accomplished sign. I'd love to see Dick Vitale and Jay Bilas talk their ways out of that one.

Valliant13
05-22-2007, 07:31 PM
While Oden might not live up to the insane expectations placed upon him, he is pretty safe bet to be very good player. He's extremely down to earth, phenomenal work ethic, and a very athletic and powerful 7 footer with very good defensive skills already. In Chad Ford assesment of his pre draft workouts he said his athleticism was far better than he showed in collage and he has already significantly improved his offensive game.

All things considered he seems sure to improve any of the team he goes to defensive off the mark, and have enough room for error to grow his offensive talents on the job. The fact he's a absurdly humble responsible kid, and great team mate means he should be able to stay away from any off court trouble.

ballahollic
05-22-2007, 07:34 PM
Durant could be a bust. He's more raw than people think.

Put Back Dunk
05-22-2007, 07:47 PM
It wouldn't really be all that surprising, just look at how many other college ball beasts picked at top spots in the draft have completely failed in the NBA.

The only thing that I can imagine that would change if Oden and Durant become busts is that it would possibly help make a case for raising the age limit again to resemble the NFL's system (at least 3 years removed from highschool).

allball
05-22-2007, 07:53 PM
Only injury could stop Oden. Only injury and / or bad coaching can stop Durant. Neither will be a total bust. I bet for both to be great in the right situations.

dleave
05-22-2007, 09:12 PM
Busts are usually busts because they don't have the right personality to handle such high expectations, or they don't have the character/work ethic needed to carry a team by example. Both these guys pass those tests with flying colors, so I'd be extremely surprised, personally, if either were busts.

icemanfan
05-22-2007, 11:56 PM
I hope not. Im really looking forward to see them do good in the NBA. Durant=ROY.
my prediction exactly. In the long run look for Oden to be the best of the two though.

PP34Deuce
05-22-2007, 11:58 PM
Durant will have a season of 17 6 and 2.

I think Oden will mirror Dwight Howards Rookie season.

10 12 on very few touches.

GoRapz
05-22-2007, 11:58 PM
Busts are usually busts because they don't have the right personality to handle such high expectations, or they don't have the character/work ethic needed to carry a team by example. Both these guys pass those tests with flying colors, so I'd be extremely surprised, personally, if either were busts.

hm. thats a really good point brought up.

FabCasablancas
05-23-2007, 12:06 AM
It's not out of the realm of possiblity.. just rememeber.. people thought Nellie was crazy to trade Tractor Traylor for Dirk.. people act like Milwaukee was the only ones getting fleeced then.. like they were the only ones dumb enoguh tod o that deal.. EVERY NBA tlaking head at the time would have done that deal.

The NBA is a totally different world.. like pople think Durant is going to be much better than Dirk right now.. but they think that becasue Dirk didn't play in college.. so they don't really know. Poeple were saying Darko Milicic was going to be "dirk with a mean streak"... haha Joe Dumars said that supposedly.. just shows how nothing is a given.. what are the worst sports when it comes to predicting how a player will turnout long term? Are there sleepers in ice hockey too?

dleave
05-23-2007, 02:37 AM
hm. thats a really good point brought up.

Thank you, thank you very much.

It's not out of the realm of possiblity.. just rememeber.. people thought Nellie was crazy to trade Tractor Traylor for Dirk.. people act like Milwaukee was the only ones getting fleeced then.. like they were the only ones dumb enoguh tod o that deal.. EVERY NBA tlaking head at the time would have done that deal.

The NBA is a totally different world.. like pople think Durant is going to be much better than Dirk right now.. but they think that becasue Dirk didn't play in college.. so they don't really know. Poeple were saying Darko Milicic was going to be "dirk with a mean streak"... haha Joe Dumars said that supposedly.. just shows how nothing is a given.. what are the worst sports when it comes to predicting how a player will turnout long term? Are there sleepers in ice hockey too?

Comparing Tractor Traylor to Durant or Oden is something more than a stretch. And I don't think anyone thinks Durant is going to be better than Dirk already next year.

SilkkTheShocker
03-25-2014, 12:38 PM
Oden will retire with more rings than Durant

mr.big35
03-25-2014, 12:51 PM
Durant could be a bust. He's more raw than people think.
gold wonder that turned out to be

Doctor Rivers
03-25-2014, 03:39 PM
Oden will be injury prone

bballnoob1192
03-25-2014, 03:40 PM
you from the future?

zoom17
03-25-2014, 03:41 PM

why are you bumping threads from 2007?

Doctor Rivers
03-25-2014, 03:41 PM
why are you bumping threads from 2007?

it was already bumped

wally_world
03-25-2014, 05:31 PM
Only injury could stop Oden. Only injury and / or bad coaching can stop Durant. Neither will be a total bust. I bet for both to be great in the right situations.

Oh damn

20Four
03-25-2014, 05:33 PM
Oden will retire with more rings than Durant
You will die a virgin sorry :roll:

sejoon101
03-25-2014, 05:35 PM
You will die a virgin sorry :roll:

Back up off of my niqqa silk you ph@ggot

20Four
03-25-2014, 05:36 PM
Back up off of my niqqa silk you ph@ggot
lol is he your butt buddy you have to protect him? Reported

Another white boi sayin niqqa....plz foo I'd smack the sh|t out of you son GTFO

LOL is SILKK that much of a bitch he needs someone else to "protect" him?

I see b|tches hang out together