PDA

View Full Version : Durant = Van Horn

Ben Jordan
05-24-2007, 02:36 PM
He'll put up some impressive numbers his first couple years, then he'll drop off just like his idol kvh. BOOK IT :bowdown: :bowdown:

JtotheIzzo
05-24-2007, 02:38 PM
He'll put up some impressive numbers his first couple years, then he'll drop off just like his idol kvh. BOOK IT :bowdown: :bowdown:

intersting take. I think Seattle will be nice for him though, he'll step right into Rashard Lewis' spot and I feel his best NBA comparison is Rashard, so going to Seattle is a pretty good situation for the young buah

The_Masterplan
05-24-2007, 02:40 PM
Nah, looks to me like durant has way more athletic ability than KVH had and that is what will make durant a lot better.

Lebron23
05-24-2007, 02:41 PM
Keith Van Horn is a beast and probably the best 6'10" in the NBA in his prime. I know Kevin Durant have learn from his Idol and he will not get injured like KVH. :cheers:

Ben Jordan
05-24-2007, 02:41 PM
just more reason for Seattle to move

Not sure if I see into the Rashard Lewis comparison though, this guy looks REALLY thin, not as strong as rashard. I guess only time will tell

lakerfreak
05-24-2007, 02:42 PM
Does anyone here think that Portland needs Durant more than Oden?

I mean honestly, Portland needs a good SF and they would have the chance to pick a great one.

Then you have seattle who is in fact, in desperate need of a center and who better than Oden?

But then again Portland can do so much with Oden.

Chalkmaze
05-24-2007, 02:45 PM
Keith's biggest problem was that he was injury prone. He was a good offensive player, although his defense sucked.

qrich
05-24-2007, 02:45 PM

I mean honestly, Portland needs a good SF and they would have the chance to pick a great one.

Then you have seattle who is in fact, in desperate need of a center and who better than Oden?

I for one won't be surprised if Portland does take Durant, it's basically a starting unit of: Jack | Roy | Durant | Randolph | Aldridge, or the chance of having twin towers[Aldridge + Oden] for the Blazers. Durant will make the quick impact, Oden will take time to adjust to the NBA. Either way, Blazers can't go wrong unless one turns to be a bust, which I wouldn't be surprised if it's Oden before Durant.

Da KO King
05-24-2007, 02:58 PM

Portland recognizes the need at SF. They are rumored, this was prior to the draft mind you, to be considering making a sign and trade offer to Seattle for Rashard Lewis.

GOBB
05-24-2007, 03:08 PM
Shock thread....anything who compares Durant to KVH isnt serious. Oh wait, look who created the topic. :rolleyes:

ppierce34
05-24-2007, 03:09 PM
Keith's biggest problem was that he was injury prone

His biggest problem was that he was a cupcake.

GOBB
05-24-2007, 03:19 PM
Keith's biggest problem was that he was injury prone. He was a good offensive player, although his defense sucked.

And his athletism wasnt exactly GREAT.

mlh1981
05-24-2007, 03:23 PM
I don't get the comparison, although I would hold off on putting Durant on a superstar level. I have no doubt he will be a good player, but is his skill set really that of a mega-superstar?

GOBB
05-24-2007, 03:25 PM
I don't get the comparison, although I would hold off on putting Durant on a superstar level. I have no doubt he will be a good player, but is his skill set really that of a mega-superstar?

Yes. All he lacks is size better handles. Also needs to be taught how to play defense because he can duplicate Tayshaun Prince on D.

mlh1981
05-24-2007, 03:27 PM
Yes. All he lacks is size better handles. Also needs to be taught how to play defense because he can duplicate Tayshaun Prince on D.

Thanks. THe reason I asked was that I hadn't seen him play that much. I don't want to try to be like other posters and talk about stuff that I don't know firsthand. Ya know, just saying something b/c someone else is saying it.

Chalkmaze
05-24-2007, 03:31 PM
And his athletism wasnt exactly GREAT.

Wasn't exactly BAD either. His athleticism was hampered by the injuries.

GOBB
05-24-2007, 03:36 PM
Wasn't exactly BAD either. His athleticism was hampered by the injuries.

Umm no it wasnt. And he wasnt that great of a ball handler either. He was a taller version of Kyle Korver.

Ben Jordan
05-24-2007, 03:45 PM
Umm no it wasnt. And he wasnt that great of a ball handler either. He was a taller version of Kyle Korver.

Lol, quit talking out of your ass. I didn't mean anything negative by comparing Durant to KVH. I mean he was a great player in his own respect - Durant will see a great career too:hammerhead:

Chalkmaze
05-24-2007, 03:58 PM

Ummm, yes his athleticism was hampered by injuries a bit. I watched him in college, and at practice at the Hyper-center practice facility, if anything he got less athletic after going into the NBA and getting injured. Most players get more athletic when entering the league, Keith got worse, it's easy to ascertain that his athletic performance was quite likely to have been slowed down by injuries.

He didn't have mad-hops or anything, but he could still run and jump pretty well, unlike someone like Michael Doleac who also played at the U of U. Good shooter, good on the fast-break, had some nice post moves, terrible defender and rebounder.

Da KO King
05-24-2007, 04:02 PM
Considering Van Horn was a 18 and 7 career guy prior to his last two seasons in the NBA I don't see how a Van Horn comparison is an especially bad thing.

Might not be what Durant fans dream of but 18 and 7 is excellent production.

Lebron23
05-24-2007, 04:11 PM
I think the comparion is both man can shoot the from the perimeter and both are skinny when they enter the NBA.

and most of the poster here are putting Greg Oden as the nexts Tim Duncan of this decade. :pimp: so they assume that Durant will be the nexts KVH.

GOBB
05-24-2007, 04:13 PM
Considering Van Horn was a 18 and 7 career guy prior to his last two seasons in the NBA I don't see how a Van Horn comparison is an especially bad thing.

Might not be want Durant fans dream of but 18 and 7 is excellent production.

Excellant for a 12th pick not a 2

Da KO King
05-24-2007, 04:20 PM
Excellant for a 12th pick not a 2
You also have to factor in Van Horn's injuries and passiva nature.

Can't call it on Durant's future durability but I can say with a lot of confidence I don't see him being passive about putting the ball in the hoop. Just a hunch. :)

dleave
05-24-2007, 04:32 PM
Anyone who considers this a legitimate comparison hasn't seen Durant play.

And Rashard Lewis isn't going anywhere now. Durant coming in causes Lewis to stay, not go.

GothamKnight
05-24-2007, 04:40 PM
Durant is gonna be a Tmac or a KG imo (obviously tweaked a little - less rebounds than KG, but a better shot)

johndeeregreen
05-24-2007, 04:50 PM
People either

a) Don't remember Van Horn when he was a Net

or

b) Don't have a shred of respect for the guy.

As a net, he was legit. A very good offensive player. Yeah, he was (is) tissue paper, but so what?

allball
05-24-2007, 05:47 PM
Lol, quit talking out of your ass. I didn't mean anything negative by comparing Durant to KVH. I mean he was a great player in his own respect - Durant will see a great career too:hammerhead:

well this was certainly positive:

final.wrath
05-24-2007, 06:04 PM
Portland recognizes the need at SF. They are rumored, this was prior to the draft mind you, to be considering making a sign and trade offer to Seattle for Rashard Lewis.

Honestly shard for randolph makes no sense for seattle. Zach isn't suited for a running game and that is the style the Sonics fit best. Besides they might as well save the money and look to get something for Watson or Ridnour.

beau_boy04
05-24-2007, 07:52 PM
hopefully Durant has MJ passion for the game and will to succeed. :cheers:

TheHonestTruth
05-24-2007, 08:44 PM
People either

a) Don't remember Van Horn when he was a Net

or

b) Don't have a shred of respect for the guy.

As a net, he was legit. A very good offensive player. Yeah, he was (is) tissue paper, but so what?

c) hate white people

mhsbasketball
05-24-2007, 10:14 PM
Keith Van Horn is a beast and probably the best 6'10" in the NBA in his prime. I know Kevin Durant have learn from his Idol and he will not get injured like KVH. :cheers:
i keep thinking that youre gobb, because of the avy:oldlol:

Da KO King
05-24-2007, 10:38 PM
Honestly shard for randolph makes no sense for seattle. Zach isn't suited for a running game and that is the style the Sonics fit best. Besides they might as well save the money and look to get something for Watson or Ridnour.
Honestly, I think the Zach Randolph rumor was some fans wishful thinking.

Kblaze8855
05-24-2007, 11:46 PM
Nah, looks to me like durant has way more athletic ability than KVH had and that is what will make durant a lot better.

I must miss the plays where Durant shows crazy athletic ability. Being tall lanky and coordinated doesnt make him a super athlete.

He looks closer to Deng or Rashard Lewis athletic ability wise than young Mcgrady or even young Tim Thomas.

GOBB
05-24-2007, 11:55 PM
I must miss the plays where Durant shows crazy athletic ability. Being tall lanky and coordinated doesnt make him a super athlete.

He looks closer to Deng or Rashard Lewis athletic ability wise than young Mcgrady or even young Tim Thomas.

You should have watched Durant more during his college campaign.

Kblaze8855
05-24-2007, 11:59 PM
I admit to only seeing the tournament games, 2-3 regular season, and highlights. I just never saw anything to make me think "Wow" fas as athletic ability.

Crazy scorer. I just never saw him gliding around or looking unusually athletic.

i seen hippos
05-25-2007, 12:00 AM

You won't find them.

dannywpt
04-01-2014, 01:54 PM
I booked it

Joyner82reload
04-01-2014, 02:12 PM

What about now?

Akrazotile
04-01-2014, 02:18 PM
What about now?

Durants become a great player, hes still not some super gifted athlete by NBA standards.

AlphaWolf24
04-01-2014, 02:32 PM
Not sure what everyones definition of a athlete is....

Durant is coordinated and skilled.....plus he is Gifted as anyone ever in the tall/reach department.

Not so much a pure " athlete" I guess.....but very very Gifted Physically.

kentatm
04-01-2014, 02:45 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1Dsyqy3aIGA/Uqt9t7qeBLI/AAAAAAAAAYM/LlMdvYqc-Lo/s1600/Keith+Van+Horn+Putback.gif

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/NBA-Jam-99-Nintendo-64-1998/21/!!e!T5NwCWM~$(KGrHqQOKjIE0c5ByOq0BNP2gee3wQ~~_35.J PG

http://a.espncdn.com/i/magazine/new/keith_van_horn_sixers.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/media/nba/2003/1010/photo/g_vanhorn_vt.jpg

http://a.espncdn.com/i/magazine/new/van_horn_bucks.jpghttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/--D9IddzKbOA/TVmu8Wdl9ZI/AAAAAAAAARs/SeSQTfoaScw/s320/keith_van_horn.jpg

Ex-Ute Keith Van Horn left NBA at age 30 and never looked back

Keith Van Horn’s initial post-NBA job description sure sounded like an idyllic existence: Co-founder, Lincoln Hills Fly Fishing Club.

Naturally, he sold his majority interest in the club and launched a software development company that demands considerable time and effort, not that raising four children fails to occupy him.

link (http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/utes/53946842-89/horn-van-nba-font.html.csp)

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Joyner82reload
04-01-2014, 02:47 PM
Durants become a great player, hes still not some super gifted athlete by NBA standards.

Durant is #5 in the NBA in dunks, only behind D. Jordan/Dwight/Griffin/A. Davis. He also has more posters than anyone not named Blake Griffin in the past 3 years. Of course he's a phenomenal athlete, quit being dense.

Akrazotile
04-01-2014, 02:56 PM
Durant is #5 in the NBA in dunks, only behind D. Jordan/Dwight/Griffin/A. Davis. He also has more posters than anyone not named Blake Griffin in the past 3 years. Of course he's a phenomenal athlete, quit being dense.

Sorry brah Durant is not a top 45 athlete in this L

riseagainst
04-01-2014, 02:57 PM
Sorry brah Durant is not a top 45 athlete in this L

and he's still better than Lebron ever was. Just shows you how incredibly skilled Durant is.

Akrazotile
04-01-2014, 03:42 PM
and he's still better than Lebron ever was. Just shows you how incredibly skilled Durant is.

:facepalm

Joyner82reload
04-01-2014, 04:30 PM
:facepalm

I know, I :facepalm as well when I think about how Durant was capable of surpassing peak James at such an early age with limited athleticism

J Shuttlesworth
04-01-2014, 04:35 PM
Durant has at least 4 MVPs and 2 FMVPs? **** I must have woken up in the future.

Joyner82reload
04-01-2014, 04:41 PM
Durant has at least 4 MVPs and 2 FMVPs? **** I must have woken up in the future.

He never said Durant had surpassed James in terms of resume. And he isn't better than peak James either, but he is right there with him and with a title this season will rival anything LeBron has ever done. Or any player in history for that matter with an elite playoff run.

This is clearly a top 5 season for a wing player, and probably top 3 with Jordan and LeBron. Bird(85-88) and Wade(09) arguable but their production isn't quite on the same level as peak Jordan/LeBron and 14 Durant

IncarceratedBob
04-01-2014, 04:44 PM
Durant is clearly more skilled than LeBron.

James still doesn't even have a jumper this many years into the league, he's a slasher through and through. Durant can beat you in so many more ways.

If Durant had the ball in his hands as much as LeBron does then Durant would CRUSH LeBrons assist numbers. LeBron is a great athlete, Durant is a great basketball player

Jlamb47
04-01-2014, 04:45 PM
Durant is clearly more skilled than LeBron.

James still doesn't even have a jumper this many years into the league, he's a slasher through and through. Durant can beat you in so many more ways.

If Durant had the ball in his hands as much as LeBron does then Durant would CRUSH LeBrons assist numbers. LeBron is a great athlete, Durant is a great basketball player

:banana: