PDA

View Full Version : Hakeem Olajuwon proud to be a part of Rockets' history

Smook A.
02-08-2017, 02:21 AM
"Like everyone else, I was kind of surprised," Olajuwon said on Tuesday, before he would be honored as part of the Rockets' 50th anniversary celebration. "I was thinking maybe a lot of people say things just to get elected and wouldn't actually do it. I was kind of surprised. I think in the first quarter you would make a mistake and have to adjust. I think this was a mistake that the president made.

"You can adjust in the second half to make it work by pull everybody together. This is an opportunity to pull everybody together instead of separating."

Olajuwon, who returned to the United States last month, was not directly impacted as a naturalized United States citizen from Nigeria who lives in England when not in Houston.

He has been courtside throughout the Rockets homestand before taking his turn as the guest of honor on Tuesday.

"It's a good honor for me just to be recognized like other players that contributed to the franchise, the organization," Olajuwon said. "I'm very, very honored, proud to be here."

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/rockets/articleComments/Hakeem-Olajuwon-proud-to-be-apart-of-Rocket-s-10915881.php