View Full Version : Rob Pelinka is new Lakers GM

insidehoops
03-07-2017, 07:50 PM
The move, expected for a while now, became official today:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=20219

BlueandGold
03-08-2017, 09:59 PM
purge = complete

although not really fair to Mitch he had to go because of his mixed allegiances to the ****-up of the Buss family, Jim. (also a weird ass anti-social f4ggot who doesnt even like interacting with press or fans)

Jeannie and Magic are CLEARLY the way to move forward. If I could I would make that ****** Jim eat a cyanide capsule.

EllEffEll
03-12-2017, 03:36 AM
purge = complete

although not really fair to Mitch he had to go because of his mixed allegiances to the ****-up of the Buss family, Jim. (also a weird ass anti-social f4ggot who doesnt even like interacting with press or fans)

Jeannie and Magic are CLEARLY the way to move forward. If I could I would make that ****** Jim eat a cyanide capsule.

Could you please be a little less ambiguous?

I'm not quite sure I know how you really feel :oldlol:

===============================

Mitch will be fine. I am pretty sure he doesn't need to work if he doesn't want to.

I think that regardless of what he might be able to accomplish when not having to follow Jim Buss' directives, I still think he needed to go.

The reason I feel that way is because I believe that the Lakers currently have a perception of incompetence issue among players and agents in the league if Jim Buss or any of his minions are involved in basketball affairs for the Lakers.

I don't the Lakers could have afforded to keep Mitch in his current role moving forward without risking the continued impression that things are a complete and utter SNAFU in their front office.

Situation
Normal;
All
F****d
Up

Mitch was unfortunately collateral damage at best. He had his chance, and he along with the man he reported to were a total sh*tshow. He had a good (very) long run as GM is a league that doesn't tolerate a lack of results for too long before something has to be done.

I would say "thank you kindly for your contribution, but we are going to go in a different direction moving forward."

I wish him the best, but I just don't think the team could afford to keep him as GM.

bladefd
03-16-2017, 08:39 PM
It was the right thing to do for sure. Pelinka being GM means Kobe will be involved in the recruitment process as well. Imagine walking into a room with Magic sitting at the head of the table, Kobe on his left, and Pelinka on his right. Maybe Randle and Ingram in the room.

kkinchen
03-23-2017, 02:51 AM
Next year's team.....hopefully

Russell/Clarkson/Ingram/Randle/Zubac
Ennis/Nwaba/Brewer/Robinson/Black
Ball/George/Adebayo/Cousins

$LakerGold
03-24-2017, 02:38 PM
A possible #1 draft pick is a 3rd string.:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I am so done.