PDA

View Full Version : More impressive? LeBrons 48 against Pistons D or Dirks 50 against Suns defense?

TMacsOneGoodEye
06-02-2007, 02:07 PM
We got some Dirk ******** on another board saying Dirks 50 was better because the Suns defense >>> Pistons defense.

I just wanna see what the general consensus is.

JtotheIzzo
06-02-2007, 02:09 PM
Suns defense>>>>>>>Pistons defense????????????????

who says that?

sammdogg
06-02-2007, 02:10 PM
We got some Dirk ******** on another board saying Dirks 50 was better because the Suns defense >>> Pistons defense.

I just wanna see what the general consensus is.
well lebrons 48 was in 10 more minutes of playing time (2OT)... but it was in the playoffs... lebron was pretty unstoppable.

TMacsOneGoodEye
06-02-2007, 02:12 PM
well lebrons 48 was in 10 more minutes of playing time (2OT)... but it was in the playoffs... lebron was pretty unstoppable.

Dirks was in the WCF against the suns, so they were both in the conference finals.

These Dirk ******** on another board think Dirk is better than every player in the world and the loss in the first round was Avery and the rest of the teams fault for not getting Dirk the ball in the right places.

FabCasablancas
06-02-2007, 02:13 PM
Who had the better record.. the Suns last season or the Pistons this season?

TMacsOneGoodEye
06-02-2007, 02:17 PM
Oh, and another thing the Dirk ******** do is they say Dirk is the best player in the game. Number 1. And when I say the 10 or so players I would take ahead of Dirk they go "You're an idiot, let's see their MVP trophy this year? That's what I thought"

Kobe ******** >>> Dirk ********.

FabCasablancas
06-02-2007, 02:23 PM
Dirk has soemthing LeBron and Kobe haven't done.. led a team to the Finals.. and Dirk did it through the West.. Dirk also won more games in the West than LeBron did in the East.. I don't see what is wrong with sayign Dirk is better than LeBron.. now.. at the same age? No.. but right now? Seems pretty cut and dry..

Tmacs is just a racist.. he doesn't think Dirk can be better than any black player because he's white.. you could say Dirk is better than Gerald Wallace and Tmac would saying that's impossible because Dirk is white and soft and only shoots jumpshots..

FabCasablancas
06-02-2007, 02:30 PM
Yep.. the Suns had MORE wins in the West last seaosn than the Pistons did in the East this season.. and Dirk went through far tougher teams in the West than Bron did in the East in the playoffs last season before he had his 50 too.. plus.. if Dirk had gone to double over-time just imagine how many points he would have had..

The answer's clear.. Dirk's game was far more impressive. The only thing LeBron has going for him is that he is a great dunker.. and a more powerful athlete.. that's why he gets all the attention.. Dirk does it more with skill.

JtotheIzzo
06-02-2007, 02:32 PM
Dirk is the best MVP ever to not make it out of the first round

the guy owns

FabCasablancas
06-02-2007, 02:37 PM
The first round exit proved how great Dirk was and how bad his team was.. he was being triple teamed and the Mavs still couldn't beat the opposing team. That series proved the Mavs were a one-man-team.. but that was still no excuse for Avery.. if anyone else in the league had been coaching the Mavs they would have won that series.. Avery is the worst strategic coach in the game.. all he does well is motivate.. and even then he can blow that.. a lot of times he makes his team too tense and they look just completely lost..

It reminds me of when Phil Jackson took over for Doug Collins.. he said the Bulls were like caged animals.. that's how the Mavs seem at times.. Avery makes his players slaves to his system..

RedBlackAttack
06-02-2007, 03:13 PM
Why am I subjecting myself to this torture by entering into this discussion? Oh well...

First of all, to say that Dirk's surrounding cast is better than LeBron's makes you sound like an insane lunatic.

The Mavericks' backcourt is vastly superior to the Cavs' backcourt. Unless you want to trade Harris and/or Terry for Snow/Gibson and/or Hughes, you will agree with me. Eric Snow started the majority of the season, for God's sake.

When you add to that the fact that Jerry Stackhouse is one of the best at coming off of the bench and providing offense in the league, it isn't even close.

Josh Howard is a better player than anyone not named LeBron on the Cavs' team. This really isn't even debatable. As a matter of fact, I think that Howard, Terry, and Harris are all better than anyone not named LeBron on the Cavs' team.

Dampier and Diop provide defense, which is especially important after Dirk gets beaten by his man.

As for the original question, I don't see how anyone can dispute that LeBron's performance was vastly superior.

A. The Cavs HAD TO win this game or the series was basically over.
B. They were down by 7 with 3 minutes left when he went on his tear.
C. He scored 25 points in a row, while the rest of his team were a combined 0-10 (and getting good looks).
D. He scored 29 of the Cavs' last 30 points, including two blistering dunks that sent the game into overtime, an off-balance jumper to put them up by 4 with 30 seconds to go in the first overtime, and then the game-winner in the second overtime.
E. He also came up with a couple of crucial steals and defensive stops.

Basically, LeBron completely took over and, on offense, he might as well have been playing by himself out there. The rest of the team was basically running from the ball.

LeBron also had over half of his team's assists... and 9 rebounds...

Something tells me that in Dirk's 50 point game, some other guys stepped up and hit some shots. Something tells me that Dirk didn't score his team's last 25 points, pulling them from the grave into a position to close-out in Game 6.

This shouldn't even be a discussion. As someone said in a previous post, sometimes you have to look beyond the numbers. The circumstances in which LeBron got those 48 points were absolutely incredible.

Btw, the Suns' defense last year wasn't even close to the Pistons' this year. They were pretty bad defensively, in fact. Amare makes them better, but even this year, their defense was not better than the Pistons' defense.

johndeeregreen
06-02-2007, 03:29 PM
Threads like this are so stupid.

All the Nowitzki fans will say his.
All the James fans will say his.

And the few remaining without a bias probably won't even post in the thread.

RedBlackAttack
06-02-2007, 03:37 PM
Threads like this are so stupid.

All the Nowitzki fans will say his.
All the James fans will say his.

And the few remaining without a bias probably won't even post in the thread.
What do you think?

FabCasablancas
06-02-2007, 04:48 PM
The cavs have a VASTLY superiors forntline to the Mavs.. Dirk is the Mavs entire frontline.. who else is up there? Josh is a guard.. Damp and Diop are useless on offense and not much better on defense.. which is why neither could play in the GS series..

Then look at the great frontline players LeBron has -- Big Z, who is arguably the best all around offensive center in the game.. plus he is good at all aspects of the game unlike the Mavs bigmen who are less than one dimensional. Then you have Gooden and Marshall, Pavlovic, Varejeo.. that's a loaded frontline.. all dirk has aorund him are inefficient volume shooters.. that are redundant and do what Dirk does but much much worse.. LeBron isn't hurting in thew backcourt either with Hughes and Snow.. that team is loaded.. I think they would be even better with Dirk on there.. then that frontcourt would possibly be the best in the league..

boozehound
06-02-2007, 04:52 PM
:wtf: does this have to do with how good the D was? Clearly the suns are a much better offensive team. The pistons D is much better (although you coulda fooled me in that game 5 OT) than the Suns. Brons is more impressive because he was 7-19 for 19 pts before scoring 29 pts on 11-14 shooting froma ll over the floor. seriously, he scored 29 pts in about 15 minutes of game time.

boozehound
06-02-2007, 04:53 PM
Yep.. the Suns had MORE wins in the West last seaosn than the Pistons did in the East this season.. and Dirk went through far tougher teams in the West than Bron did in the East in the playoffs last season before he had his 50 too.. plus.. if Dirk had gone to double over-time just imagine how many points he would have had..

The answer's clear.. Dirk's game was far more impressive. The only thing LeBron has going for him is that he is a great dunker.. and a more powerful athlete.. that's why he gets all the attention.. Dirk does it more with skill.
again all these irrelevant side details. Has nothing to do with comparing 1 game. Dirk also has a better team and coach.:hammerhead:

dirk shot 14-26 (got 17 pts at the line) 12 rbs, 3 assists

bron 18-33 9 and 7

KINGofTHEcourt
06-02-2007, 04:59 PM
Who gave up more points per game last.. the Suns last season or the Pistons this season?

20 Dimes A Game
06-02-2007, 05:03 PM
Lebrons 48 was in the ECF! And agianst the best defence in the L (imo).
Dirk scored 50 against the Suns!
LeBron could have scored 60 against the Suns if he played how he did against us.

When was the last time someone dropped 48 on the Pistons?

RedBlackAttack
06-02-2007, 05:16 PM
Lebrons 48 was in the ECF! And agianst the best defence in the L (imo).
Dirk scored 50 against the Suns!
LeBron could have scored 60 against the Suns if he played how he did against us.

When was the last time someone dropped 48 on the Pistons?
I believe that I saw a stat recently saying that it is the most points they have given up in the last 5 years or something to that effect.

20 Dimes A Game
06-02-2007, 05:18 PM
I believe that I saw a stat recently saying that it is the most points they have given up in the last 5 years or something to that effect.

Exactly, a phenomenal display by LeBron.

Carbine
06-02-2007, 05:38 PM
This thread is dripping with Dirk' man juice.

How could someone possibly, with a shred of logical thinking, or brain, think that the first round exit shows how great a player Dirk is? It's beyond me.

Lebrons 48 was in the ECF! And agianst the best defence in the L

While they are a good defensive team, it's not the same culture it was a few years ago. It's impressive, nontheless.

SupermanOnSteroids
06-02-2007, 05:57 PM
Didn't TMac said that he was leaving ISH about a week ago? Now he's back again with his Dirk vendetta?

TMacsOneGoodEye
06-02-2007, 06:00 PM
Didn't TMac said that he was leaving ISH about a week ago? Now he's back again with his Dirk vendetta?

I was making fun of icemanfan. Pay attention dickwad.

SupermanOnSteroids
06-02-2007, 06:10 PM
Ah. nice. another teenager's thinks he's cool for calling someone a dickwad.

Kobe24
06-02-2007, 06:12 PM
Why do you have like 10,000 posts on that forum about how much the Mavs suck and how Dirk is overrated? I might be exaggerating on the 10,000 but it's in the thousands. Just wondering.

TMacsOneGoodEye
06-02-2007, 06:14 PM
Why do you have like 10,000 posts on that forum about how much the Mavs suck and how Dirk is overrated? I might be exaggerating on the 10,000 but it's in the thousands. Just wondering.

It wasn't always like that. Not till the finals last year, and then the playoffs this year.

When Dirk choked, the majoroty of that board went "Dirk didn't choke!! It was Avery and the team who let Dirk down!! Dirk should demand a trade from this ****ty team!"

I couldn't believe it. From then on I went to battle against the Dirk ********.

These idiots even went so far as to say Dirk would beat Kobe 1 on 1 10 times out of 10 cause Kobe doesn't have the heart Dirk has to get it done when it counts the most.

These Dirk ******** are SCUM.

Kobe24
06-02-2007, 06:17 PM
It wasn't always like that. Not till the finals last year, and then the playoffs this year.

When Dirk choked, the majoroty of that board went "Dirk didn't choke!! It was Avery and the team who let Dirk down!! Dirk should demand a trade from this ****ty team!"

I couldn't believe it. From then on I went to battle against the Dirk ********.

These idiots even went so far as to say Dirk would beat Kobe 1 on 1 10 times out of 10 cause Kobe doesn't have the heart Dirk has to get it done when it counts the most.

These Dirk ******** are SCUM.

Haha. I read some of the threads and they are hilarious. They make Laker fans look good.

West-Side
06-02-2007, 06:17 PM
I don't care if LeBron scored 28 points in that game, it would have still been more impressive to me...because he scored his teams last 25 points or something ridiculous like that, he carried his team to victory against a much better team.

Dirk was the man that game too, both performances were classic.

TMacsOneGoodEye
06-02-2007, 06:18 PM
Haha. I read some of the threads and they are hilarious. They make Laker fans look good.

Tell me about it. Now you can see why I'm the way I am over there.

I mean, to them Dirk does EVERYTHING better.

If I say I made a really mean glass of chocolate milk they go "Pshh, whatever. Like it would compare to one Dirk would make!"

Guys are a bunch of idiots over there.

SupermanOnSteroids
06-02-2007, 06:32 PM
Tell me about it. Now you can see why I'm the way I am over there.

I mean, to them Dirk does EVERYTHING better.

If I say I made a really mean glass of chocolate milk they go "Pshh, whatever. Like it would compare to one Dirk would make!"

Guys are a bunch of idiots over there.
:oldlol: exaggerate much?

johndeeregreen
06-02-2007, 06:37 PM
What do you think?
I didn't see Nowitzki's performance live so it would be unfair for me to judge.

RedBlackAttack
06-02-2007, 06:43 PM
I didn't see Nowitzki's performance live so it would be unfair for me to judge.
Fair enough...

geeWiz15
06-02-2007, 06:49 PM
I don't get this "but he needed two overtimes to do his therefore it's less impressive."

what kind of idiocy is this? the point is that every one of those points COUNTED. I'm not impressed by a bunch of points in a blowout. 48 in 58 minutes, I'll take that over 81 in 48 if it's the biggest game of your career and every single one of those points were substantial, and mattered.

-primetime-
06-02-2007, 06:59 PM
dirk wins this

lets not forget the fact that Lebron had TWO OVER TIMES

oh and the fact that THE CAVS ALMOST LOST THE GAME

Kobe24
06-02-2007, 07:00 PM
dirk wins this

lets not forget the fact that Lebron had TWO OVER TIMES

oh and the fact that THE CAVS ALMOST LOAST THE GAME

WTF...?

I don't even want to adress this point. See GeeWiz's post above.

-primetime-
06-02-2007, 07:00 PM
I don't get this "but he needed two overtimes to do his therefore it's less impressive."

what kind of idiocy is this? the point is that every one of those points COUNTED. I'm not impressed by a bunch of points in a blowout. 48 in 58 minutes, I'll take that over 81 in 48 if it's the biggest game of your career and every single one of those points were substantial, and mattered.
if Dirk would have had 2 ots then he would have scored 70 pts that game...that is why it matters when comparing the two games

ALBballer
06-02-2007, 07:04 PM
if Dirk would have had 2 ots then he would have scored 70 pts that game...that is why it matters when comparing the two games

I'm not even going to discuss how dumb this rationale is, but I'll just make one simple point, your assuming Dirk kept pace with his shooting.

OneWay
06-02-2007, 07:04 PM
There are more people like FabCasablancas? I refuse to believe that. That's an insult to humanity.

dak121
06-02-2007, 07:06 PM
Suns play defense?

-primetime-
06-02-2007, 07:08 PM
I'm not even going to discuss how dumb this rationale is, but I'll just make one simple point, your assuming Dirk kept pace with his shooting.
why is it dumb to consider that the fact he had an extra ten minutes to get to 48 a factor in the arguement?....it seems VERY obvious to me that it needs to be taken into consideration...

for arguements sake lets say that Dirk scores 101 pts and breaks the record in a game that had 50 ots...would you not have to take the extr 5 hours of game time into consideration?

geeWiz15
06-02-2007, 07:16 PM
you aren't serious are you?

:banghead:

I have never posted that emoticon before but... this warrants it.

-primetime-
06-02-2007, 07:21 PM
you aren't serious are you?

:banghead:

I have never posted that emoticon before but... this warrants it.
I might have exagerated but it isn't impossible...

either way the simple point was that Dirk would have scored more than he did with an extra 10 minutes...

no need to do somthing CRAZY like post your first emoticon or anything wiz...

BlackMoses
06-02-2007, 07:21 PM
Lebron's is more impressive, he had less to work with against a better team (relative to his own).

His points mattered more. His baskets were clutch. The difficulty of the shots was essential and amazing.

D-Town-Raised
06-02-2007, 07:22 PM
I am born and raised in Dallas and don't care for Lebron but Lebron takes this easy.

Tony Delk and Cliff Robinson scored 50 without overtime in the regular season.
Jordan scored a measly 38 in the Flu game.
David Robinson scored 71 the last game of the 93-94 season.
Dirk scored 50 in the same situation as Lebron but he was at Home.
Vince and Iverson both had monster games in 2001 in the playoffs.
Shaq had monster games in the Finals in 2001 that people who watched live don't even remember.
I saw everyone of these games live.

How about we say Lebron scores 60 if Chauncey's shot goes in. So he scores 60 in triple OT while scoring 37 in a row for his team and 41 out of 42. And Dirk scores 65 in double OT. Lebron's game still wins out.

1. Lebron 48
2. Jordan 38
3. Dirk 50
4. Robinson 71

Whats that say about final point stats.

Lebron made 9 Shots that if he misses just 1 his team loses.

Lebron played Russian Roulette 9 times and lived.

Dirk made no shots that if he misses his team loses.

Dirk pulled the Malcom X sleight of hand trick and then stuck the gun to his head.

Give this game its just do. And don't think because the media is shoving it down your throat that it is overrated it is not.

I saw both times Miller went off on the Knicks in 94 and 95 live as well as everything Jordan ever did in his title run, along with Hakeem dominating and Lebrons game trumps them all.

17 Minutes of Clutch.

Not 8 mintues of on Fire like Miller or Isiah.
Not a full game of whooping butt like Shaq or Duncan.
Not the last thirty seconds like Jordan or Miller for 8 Points.

17 Minutes of walking into the Lions Den and coming out victorius.

geeWiz15
06-02-2007, 07:28 PM
I might have exagerated but it isn't impossible...
the number isn't what's got me staring at my computer in disbelief.

your whole way of going about this argument is...

either way the simple point was that Dirk would have scored more than he did with an extra 10 minutes...
the number isn't the point.

can we agree that 20 first quarter points is less valuable than 15 fourth quarter points?

good.

now how about 50 points against a crappy defense in regulation, vs. 48 points against a very good defense, including 25 IN A ROW, all of his team's points in both overtimes, and 29 of the last 30 points of the game.

do you see what I mean? it's not a number. what matters is how important those points are.

you can argue that Dirk's outburst was better and it would be a perfectly legitimate debate. a hard one, but a legit one. but do NOT come at me with "but Bron had 10 more minutes!" because that demonstrates a pretty simple mind.

let me repeat... I'm not saying that Bron's was NECESSARILY better. just in general... your argument is horrible. horrible. offensive even. people who try to turn basketball into a black and white numbers game... it's not.

if Bron misses just one of those freakish fadeaways over 2 guys, if he misses one pullup three, fails to make one backcut to the basket, HIS TEAM LOSES. every single point counted. he scored 29 of his teams last 30. can you even comprehend that? that's a legendary performance that will NEVER be forgotten. people will mention MJ's shot on Cleveland, Magic's skyhook, and Bron's 25 straight. NOT Dirk's 50.

-primetime-
06-02-2007, 07:50 PM
the number isn't what's got me staring at my computer in disbelief.

your whole way of going about this argument is....
I simply said that if Dirk had an exrtra 10 minutes that he would have scored more and that the Cavs also nearly lost that game...how did I go about that so crazy that you are starring at your computer in disbelief?

the number isn't the point.

can we agree that 20 first quarter points is less valuable than 15 fourth quarter points?

good.

now how about 50 points against a crappy defense in regulation, vs. 48 points against a very good defense, including 25 IN A ROW, all of his team's points in both overtimes, and 29 of the last 30 points of the game.

do you see what I mean? it's not a number. what matters is how important those points are.

you can argue that Dirk's outburst was better and it would be a perfectly legitimate debate. a hard one, but a legit one. but do NOT come at me with "but Bron had 10 more minutes!" because that demonstrates a pretty simple mind.

let me repeat... I'm not saying that Bron's was NECESSARILY better. just in general... your argument is horrible. horrible. offensive even. people who try to turn basketball into a black and white numbers game... it's not.

if Bron misses just one of those freakish fadeaways over 2 guys, if he misses one pullup three, fails to make one backcut to the basket, HIS TEAM LOSES. every single point counted. he scored 29 of his teams last 30. can you even comprehend that? that's a legendary performance that will NEVER be forgotten. people will mention MJ's shot on Cleveland, Magic's skyhook, and Bron's 25 straight. NOT Dirk's 50.
good points...and i will say that although I do remember Dirk's game I don't remember it well enough to really make a legit arguement here....you say it isn't the number that matter yet the numbers are in the title of the thread...when I read the thread title the first thing that poped into my head was "well Dirk didn't get an extra ten minutes of game play and the Cavs nearly lost"....that is all

el_locoteee
06-02-2007, 08:02 PM
There both incredible performance, but if Lebron can't pass to the finals the preformance meant nothing.

Look at Dirk for that series he look like the best player in the world. Loosing 4 straight in the finals to Miami make him look like a looser. Next year Dallas won 67 that make him look like the best player in the world (MVP), loosing in the first round to an 8 seed make him look like a looser againg.

You are as good as you last game, now Lebron best player, in the future???

Day La Ghetto
06-02-2007, 08:15 PM
I simply said that if Dirk had an exrtra 10 minutes that he would have scored more and that the Cavs also nearly lost that game...how did I go about that so crazy that you are starring at your computer in disbelief?

good points...and i will say that although I do remember Dirk's game I don't remember it well enough to really make a legit arguement here....you say it isn't the number that matter yet the numbers are in the title of the thread...when I read the thread title the first thing that poped into my head was "well Dirk didn't get an extra ten minutes of game play and the Cavs nearly lost"....that is all

Then why to you try to argue in the first place?

RedBlackAttack
06-02-2007, 08:19 PM
Good question.

Everyone that watched LeBron's performance 2 nights ago will never forget some of those shots... those 25 straight points... 29 of 30...

This is a Mavs fan and he can't even remember anything specific about Dirk's great game last year. Now, I do say 'great', because it was obviously a fantastic performance... but don't compare it to a 'once in a decade' type barrage.

boozehound
06-02-2007, 08:30 PM
including 25 IN A ROW, all of his team's points in both overtimes, and 29 of the last 30 points of the game.

:applause:

Brunch@Five
06-02-2007, 09:48 PM
Dirk also scored 22 in the 4th quarter, including 15 straight for the Mavs. He started his run when the Mavs were down 7 after giving up a huge lead. They needed his outburst as much as the Cavs needed Bron's.
Don't overrated Bron's performance because his teammates sucked. It certainly was one of the best playoff performances ever, but so was Dirk's.
Fact is, Dirk scored more points in less time. He also scored most of his points when it mattered most, in the 4th quarter, only he didn't need OT to win the game, let alone double OT. He could easily have scored 60 had the game gone to double OT.

The fact that Bron scored 25 straight and 29 of the last 30 has more to do with his teammates stinking it up than with him putting up an all-time performance in the last 15 minutes.

Also, last years Suns were better than this years Pistons

RedBlackAttack
06-02-2007, 09:59 PM
Not defensively... and it is not even close.

-primetime-
06-02-2007, 10:02 PM
well because I went on to explain that when I first read the thread title the first two things that poped into my head were a.) lebron had an extra 10 minutes of game time and b.) the Cavs nearly lost the game

i was just pointing those two factors out

FabCasablancas
06-02-2007, 10:34 PM
Not defensively... and it is not even close.

The Suns have a better perimter defender in Marion... The Pistons have a lot of solid defenders but none as great as Marion.. Dirk dropped 46 points on Rasheed in a playoff game.. and he is probably the best guy they have to guard Dirk.. The Pistons also don't have a shot blocker since Ben Wallace left.. I actually think the Suns are more equipt to defend perimeter players like Bron and Dirk..

Also.. Bron didn't have to go through the Western Conference.. Dirk had to face Memphis.. then Sna Antonio and then the Suns.. after playing in the West alls eaosn and getting a better record.. bron had NOTHING closse to that.. If Dikrk was playing in the East ther eis no way he goes out in the first round.. he might get to the Finals every season.. the East is a cakewalk..

dawsey6
06-02-2007, 10:59 PM
Dirk also scored 22 in the 4th quarter, including 15 straight for the Mavs. He started his run when the Mavs were down 7 after giving up a huge lead. They needed his outburst as much as the Cavs needed Bron's.
Don't overrated Bron's performance because his teammates sucked. It certainly was one of the best playoff performances ever, but so was Dirk's.
Fact is, Dirk scored more points in less time. He also scored most of his points when it mattered most, in the 4th quarter, only he didn't need OT to win the game, let alone double OT. He could easily have scored 60 had the game gone to double OT.

The fact that Bron scored 25 straight and 29 of the last 30 has more to do with his teammates stinking it up than with him putting up an all-time performance in the last 15 minutes.

You think just because Lebron had two OTs that it wasn't that good a performance? You're approach (along with the approach of many others on this thread) is all wrong. Do you understand how hard it is to play overtime? Much more against the team that should've won that game? What you people need to realize is, it's not really so much about how many points he scored.

For those who argue point-wise or points per minute estimations like All-Stars run on automatic for every game, no matter how they play for, or think that every point in every game is just as important, a human being looks at these two games like humanistic perspective, and I'm not even throwing in any far-fetched agruement (i.e. which opposing team was better on defense). An overtime game in the playoffs makes a game much more difficult to perform in, because not only are you in the playoffs, where everything counts, but it's obviously very close to begin with, after playing 48 minutes of gut-ball. An extra 10 mintues of gut-ball is ever tougher to play because because it's almost as if nothing else matters but who comes out on top. When LBJ passed the ball, no one got it done. So what do you do when you're LBJ and you want to win more than anyone else on the floor? You win. Lebron James' performance was even more admirable because it was under those conditions. Think about it. We all know this isn't the first time someone has scored 50 in regulation. Hell, Lebron has done it on several occasions in which the Cavs have won. And on all the times it's happen, I'm pretty sure Dirk's wasn't the only one which involved a 4th quarter rally. That's a wonderful game, but 2OT is just tough. Plain and simple. Extra 10 minutes doesn't equal cheap points, which is what you make Lebron's points out to be, in essense. Having a team that performed like s*** at the same time doesn't warrent a downgrade of Lebron's performance. Those are gritty, gutted-out points. I'd like to see a situation where Dirk went into overtime against the Suns, THEN see how he performed. Maybe he'd perform great and get another 17. Maybe he'd struggle and get 0. We'll never know, because it didn't happen.

EDIT: And what's with the conference agruements? I thought we were comparing two games here. :lol: :no:

FabCasablancas
06-02-2007, 11:16 PM
There's one angle everyone is missing here.. and it really trumps any advantage you can say Bron had in the game.. Dirk scored more points in less time and he's a soft white euro who gets no respect from officials.. Dirk gets fouled 2 or 3 times to get one call.. guys like Wade and Bron have guys running away from them because they know they will get called for everything.. we saw it in the Finals.. Wade runs int Dirk and it's a foiul on Dirk.. Dirk's defender runs into him and it's no foul.. This really makes what Dirk did 10 times as impressive as Bron..

dawsey6
06-02-2007, 11:47 PM
Every All-Star gets alittle curb on a good game, not because officials are shady, but that's just the nature of what you see as an official. If the game swings one way, it may be hard to see certain calls. That's not just Wade and Lebron.

Im Still Ballin
05-28-2014, 03:02 PM
Definitely Lebron's game IMO.