PDA

View Full Version : A country with population of barely 2 million just beat Spain in SemiFinals by 20

LBJ 23
09-14-2017, 04:30 PM
Yea I'm happy :D :banana:

LBJ 23
09-14-2017, 05:00 PM
Oh, and that's with both Gasol brothers, Rubio and Rodriguez playing :rockon:

Proctor
09-14-2017, 05:03 PM
Who? For those who don't watch international ball.

fiddy
09-14-2017, 05:05 PM
Who? For those who don't watch international ball.
Slovenia

scuzzy
09-14-2017, 05:08 PM
Yugoslavia is the new Mecca of basketball

It is what it is NYC

CuterThanRubio
09-14-2017, 05:49 PM
Anthony Randolph was the leading scorer, and he's not even from Slovenia

FIBA sucks!

CuhGetsBucks
09-14-2017, 06:03 PM

FIBA sucks!
This happens in FIFA too who cares

bdreason
09-14-2017, 06:24 PM
I don't follow international ball, but it doesn't seem like Spain is really prepared for the end of their golden generation.

FKAri
09-14-2017, 06:37 PM

FIBA sucks!
Really? I only saw 1 Slovenia game and he looked like one of their worst players.

raprap
09-14-2017, 07:32 PM
Doncic was impressive.

Bagley-Porter-Doncic :eek:

RoseCity07
09-14-2017, 07:37 PM
A league where Anthony Randolph dominates?:oldlol: Let me guess Hilton Armstrong average 30 ppg in this league.

alenleomessi
09-14-2017, 07:50 PM
that game against latvia was insane.. this doncic kid was scoring curry range 3-pointers with the game on the line.. had porzingis on skates couple of times.. one of the best 18yo ive ever seen

BarberSchool
09-14-2017, 08:27 PM
Doncic will be an elite NBA point guard. If he keeps growing (which most germanic/nordic haplotypes do until 21-23), he might be the next oversized point guard superstar. Hard to believe he is this incredibly able to read defenses and make perfect decisions almost everytime at 18.

LBJ 23
09-15-2017, 12:22 AM
[QUOTE=RoseCity07]A league where Anthony Randolph dominates?:oldlol: Let me guess Hilton Armstrong average

Rooster
09-15-2017, 02:58 AM
Anthony Randolph didn't dominate at all. He played pretty bad actually most games. Dragič and Doncic played better than him every game.

So if one poster says ''Anthony dominated'' don't follow him like a fckin parrot because he didnt dominate not even one game in this tournament....

Nikka you ain't gotta lie to kick it.:no:

This American mercenary scored 52 points in the knockout games, the most in the team while shooting a ridiculous 71% FG with 20/30 on 2 FG and mindfreaking unbelievable 9/11 (80%) on his 3 ball. :applause: :bowdown: :roll:

And he does not speak any word of Slovene.:oldlol:

fandarko
09-15-2017, 03:27 AM
A league where Anthony Randolph dominates?:oldlol: Let me guess Hilton Armstrong average 30 ppg in this league.

Blatant ignorance of the concept of European bball here...

Randolph doesn't dominate by any stretch of imagination... He was placed in a position where he can be effective (starting SF) and make the most of his abilities.

He's a very good player and a missing link in Slovenia's team, which is not deep, again, by any stretch of imagination. But they have great chemistry, a great coach and two players that are exceptional leaders in Dragic and Doncic.

Spain is much, much better talent wise, but they are washed up and seem not to care.

Props to Slovenia.

fandarko
09-15-2017, 03:31 AM
Doncic will be an elite NBA point guard. If he keeps growing (which most germanic/nordic haplotypes do until 21-23), he might be the next oversized point guard superstar. Hard to believe he is this incredibly able to read defenses and make perfect decisions almost everytime at 18.

He's done growing, 6-8 in shoes.

He reminds of Bodiroga (in inch smaller, way better shooter), his game is perfect for FIBA ball, but lacks athleticism for being a star in the NBA.

But everything else is there, the shooting, passing and rebounding, insane IQ and leadership, not just for a 18-year old.

The guy's a monster in his head, a coach's dream and leader of men.

His ceiling is questionable due to lack of athleticism (still good though) and position, not a true PG, SG or SF, but rather jack of all trades.

Would draft him in a heartbeat though.

LBJ 23
09-15-2017, 06:13 AM
Nikka you ain't gotta lie to kick it.:no:

This American mercenary scored 52 points in the knockout games, the most in the team while shooting a ridiculous 71% FG with 20/30 on 2 FG and mindfreaking unbelievable 9/11 (80%) on his 3 ball. :applause: :bowdown: :roll:

And he does not speak any word of Slovene.:oldlol:

Despite all of the stats you posted, in most important games both Dragič and Dončič were more important and impactfull than Randolph and were carrying the team to the W. Anyone who watched the games will tell you that.

So if you have 2 players on your team who carry the team and are more important to get the win than you, you don't really ''dominate''. Also, I doubt you watched the games. I rest my case.

iznogood
09-15-2017, 06:17 AM
I think Randolph over Doncic is arguable when you factor in the defense. I love Doncic but right now he's not defending good enough to be viewed better than Randolph imho. But he'll get better at it when his body matures.

It's true though - Randolph didn't dominate. He isn't even the best player on that team. However, he's a very important piece.

LBJ 23
09-15-2017, 06:19 AM
that game against latvia was insane.. this doncic kid was scoring curry range 3-pointers with the game on the line.. had porzingis on skates couple of times.. one of the best 18yo ive ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-_3IP_2YPY

Yep, great game for him. He's not afraid of the moment either.

LBJ 23
09-15-2017, 06:24 AM
I think Randolph over Doncic is arguable when you factor in the defense. I love Doncic but right now he's not defending good enough to be viewed better than Randolph imho. But he'll get better at it when his body matures.

It's true though - Randolph didn't dominate. He isn't even the best player on that team. However, he's a very important piece.

He also scored less than Randolph against Spain, but he was 2 assists shy of a triple double. With his overrall game he's easily more impactfull and more important for this Slovene team than Randolph...

iznogood
09-15-2017, 06:36 AM
I don't agree there. I think he's an amazing talent, but his role is not nearly as important as Randolph. Randolph is the only stretch 4 on the team that also provides excellent helpe and man defense. Doncic is a liability, especially against other wings on the block.

kurple
09-15-2017, 07:39 AM
league? this is the eurocup. not a league

PJR
09-15-2017, 08:06 AM
The Dragon and Doncic best 1-2 punch in this tournament. Absolutely dominant.

Ass Dan
09-15-2017, 09:31 AM
Melania used that FLOTUS swag.

Spain cannot match Randolph's athleticism.

CuterThanRubio
09-15-2017, 03:40 PM
This happens in FIFA too who cares

Do you understand context or do you just blindly jump on posts that bother you ?

It's worth mentioning because people may be mislead into believing that Slovenia produces top level basketball talent, when outside of Dragic that isn't the case (unless this Doncic guy amounts to anything but that has yet to be seen)

CeltsGarlic
09-15-2017, 03:50 PM
This slovenian team would be one of my favorites if only Anthony Randolph didn't play there.

Rooster
09-15-2017, 07:34 PM
Despite all of the stats you posted, in most important games both Dragič and Dončič were more important and impactfull than Randolph and were carrying the team to the W. Anyone who watched the games will tell you that.

So if you have 2 players on your team who carry the team and are more important to get the win than you, you don't really ''dominate''. Also, I doubt you watched the games. I rest my case.

Did you say impact :no:

In knockout games

Doncic + 51
Randolph + 50:roll:
Dragic + 45

NBA reject from the hood getting it done as a mercenary and he probably did not know Slovenia even existed until he got hired.:oldlol: :roll:

Slovenia dig him from obscurity and will erect a statue for him.:oldlol:

Anthony Randolphivic:applause:

kkb_12
09-15-2017, 08:13 PM
Do you understand context or do you just blindly jump on posts that bother you ?

It's worth mentioning because people may be mislead into believing that Slovenia produces top level basketball talent, when outside of Dragic that isn't the case (unless this Doncic guy amounts to anything but that has yet to be seen)

For country that size, they produce amazing talent - Nesterovic, Brezec, Udrih, Nachbar, Milic, Dragic brothers, Lorbek, now Doncic... just to name players that played NBA or NCAA.... and not to mention Vilfan , Zdovc or Daneu

Rooster
09-15-2017, 08:28 PM
For country that size, they produce amazing talent - Nesterovic, Brezec, Udrih, Nachbar, Milic, Dragic brothers, Lorbek, now Doncic... just to name players that played NBA or NCAA.... and not to mention Vilfan , Zdovc or Daneu

Amazing talent:facepalm :roll:

More like soft like Charmin scrubs

Dragic is the only one worth mentioning about :no:

Compton with a population of 97 K produces more noteworthy players:bowdown:

noob cake
09-15-2017, 08:34 PM

When did Doncic become Germanic or Nordic? Slovenes are solidly Southern Slavic.

CuhGetsBucks
09-16-2017, 12:06 AM

Your post is irrelevant + you're a fruit for letting the words "who cares" fluster you that much clown :lol

robert de niro
09-18-2017, 05:59 AM
Amazing talent:facepalm :roll:

More like soft like Charmin scrubs

Dragic is the only one worth mentioning about :no:

Compton with a population of 97 K produces more noteworthy players:bowdown:

Yeah, Compton has great shooters