PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs West Conf Round 1: OKC Thunder vs Utah Jazz Series Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

dunksby
04-12-2018, 04:28 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DajGevDUwAAdnQq.jpg

VS

https://preview.ibb.co/iyyuHH/image_url_https_hoopshabit_com_wp_content_uploads_ getty_images_2017_12_897860274_oklahoma_city_thund er_v_utah_jazz_jpg.jpg

[B]

BANE?
04-12-2018, 04:34 AM
Jazz in 6 or 7, outside of the warriors games this okc team has been a complete disappointment

dunksby
04-12-2018, 05:03 AM
It's going to be a bloody series, as ridiculous as it may sound, it is going to be decided mostly upon how well Melo plays. Westbrook and George are going to dominate - well hopefully - but that won't be enough if Melo continues to stink it up like he has been doing all season.

Xiao Yao You
04-12-2018, 09:50 AM
It's going to be a bloody series, as ridiculous as it may sound, it is going to be decided mostly upon how well Melo plays. Westbrook and George are going to dominate - well hopefully - but that won't be enough if Melo continues to stink it up like he has been doing all season.

Looks good for the Jazz then. Westbrook should have his way with the Matador defending him but George will have to work for it. Adams is a tough match-up for Gobert.

Im Still Ballin
04-12-2018, 10:08 AM
This has Jazz Clippers 7 games 2017 written all over it

Jazz stun them in g7 @ OKC

BlakFrankWhite
04-12-2018, 10:13 AM
gm1: okc
gm2: okc
gm3: jazz
gm4: okc
gm5: okc

GOATbrook averages a 30ppg triple double for the series

dbugz
04-12-2018, 10:30 AM
Those kids in Utah will not be able to handle the playoffs pressure.

Give me experience on this one. OKC in 5

Xiao Yao You
04-12-2018, 11:20 AM
Those kids in Utah will not be able to handle the playoffs pressure.

Give me experience on this one. OKC in 5

Many of them have handled it fine before. Their problem will be shooting as it has been since Hayward and Hill left town.

KOBEtherealKing
04-12-2018, 11:22 AM
Thunder in 6

ImKobe
04-12-2018, 11:28 AM
Jazz have the better defense but are below-average on offense, their best offensive player would be a 3rd option on this OKC team (and he's a rookie BTW). It might go 7 games due to OKC's ineptitude though. They got destroyed without Gobert, so keeping him out of foul trouble will be key. They beat OKC at home and had another close loss on the road, were blown out in the two other match-ups without Gobert. He was in foul trouble in both match-ups though and Adams did drop 20 on 90% in one of those games.

Thunder_Up
04-12-2018, 12:58 PM
Jazz have the better defense but are below-average on offense, their best offensive player would be a 3rd option on this OKC team (and he's a rookie BTW). It might go 7 games due to OKC's ineptitude though. They got destroyed without Gobert, so keeping him out of foul trouble will be key. They beat OKC at home and had another close loss on the road, were blown out in the two other match-ups without Gobert. He was in foul trouble in both match-ups though and Adams did drop 20 on 90% in one of those games.

Agree with this, even though most of the focus will be on Westbrook\George\Melo I think each game will be decided by the battle between Adams and Gobert. Will be exciting to watch.

Lakers Legend#32
04-12-2018, 03:49 PM
Match up of the most sh!thole villages in the NBA.

Naero
04-12-2018, 05:39 PM
Expecting this to be a close-fought defensive slugfest.

The Jazz have forceful momentum moving into the playoffs, having won 17 of of their last 21 games, and an even more blaring home court than OKC, but they'll be too outpaced by the Thunder on the offensive end—even when combated by the Jazz's monolithic defense.

Rudy Gobert will need to control the paint relentlessly to be the much-needed equalizer. I don't doubt that he'll be the best rim-protector of the series by far; however, he's negatable enough if Steven Adams & co. continue to execute their pick'n'roll and move the ball well, as many mismatches are arrangeable in the Thunder's favor given their firepower.

Billy Donovan will need to manage his lineups better than he's done for much of the season and last playoffs; otherwise, OKC will probably suffer potentially fatal ruts on the offensive end. Now isn't the time to appease all his bench fodder as he likes to do; this is the playoffs where rotations must be winnowed down to the best 7-8 players of the team, and his lineup is too top-heavy to not stagger his big three/four throughout the game.

OKC's complementary stars will need to know when to defer to Westbrook when/if the games boil down to crunch time. They've been a boon in the sense that they've disburdened Westbrook from playing balls-to-the-wall for all, meaning he should have much fresher legs down the stretch, but they can be just as disadvantageous if they all clash when push comes to shove—something we've seen too often in the fourth quarter for this team earlier in the season.

I'm leaning towards the Thunder, but it should be an invaluable experience for the Jazz—especially for rookie revelation Donovan Mitchell—and a fun series overall.

Bottom-line prediction: Thunder in 7.

Xiao Yao You
04-12-2018, 07:11 PM
Match up of the most sh!thole villages in the NBA.

Salt Lake is one of the most beautiful cities in the country. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

tpols
04-12-2018, 07:17 PM
Paul George usually plays better in playoffs, and thunder just flat out have more experienced star power talent. Maybe they give up a little in teamwork, but i dont think it will be enough for utah to win. Thunder in 6.

Xiao Yao You
04-12-2018, 07:19 PM
David Locke: CORRECTED

Xiao Yao You
04-12-2018, 07:20 PM
Shams Charania: Sources: Oklahoma City guard Corey Brewer will receive treatment on sprained knee over next few days and plans to play in Game 1 of the playoffs against Utah on Sunday.

LAVAR BALL
04-13-2018, 08:43 AM
Unless George find his shot and Westbrook got an herculean serie, no way OKC win this one

People sleeping on the Jazz despite their season seems weird to me. Utah's defense from 1 to 5 is top notch

Utah in 6

CPointGod3
04-13-2018, 09:27 AM
I think Jazz can do it. Thunder will be heavy favorites tho.

CPointGod3
04-13-2018, 09:29 AM
Also, I'm predicting one 80ish - 80ish game.

Very slow, very defensively oriented

Xiao Yao You
04-13-2018, 09:46 AM
Unless George find his shot and Westbrook got an herculean serie, no way OKC win this one

People sleeping on the Jazz despite their season seems weird to me. Utah's defense from 1 to 5 is top notch

Utah in 6

at least from 2 to 5. They have the Matador manning the one. The Jazz can't shoot either. It's their Achilles heel.

FreezingTsmoove
04-13-2018, 03:59 PM
Watching NBA TV today and they are talking about OKC vs Jazz matchup and a question came up, who do you trust more Westbrook or Donovan Mitchell

Might seem like a dumb question to the casual fan but sadly this is a serious question. Westbrook turns himself into retard mode in the 4th quarter of playoff games. Its so bad that the Mitchell Westbrook question is a serious question.....

Honestly I am taking Mitchell. Westbrook has put up some really pathetic performances in his last 8 playoff games....... Dude just goes braindead in crunchtime

Xiao Yao You
04-13-2018, 04:55 PM
Watching NBA TV today and they are talking about OKC vs Jazz matchup and a question came up, who do you trust more Westbrook or Donovan Mitchell

Might seem like a dumb question to the casual fan but sadly this is a serious question. Westbrook turns himself into retard mode in the 4th quarter of playoff games. Its so bad that the Mitchell Westbrook question is a serious question.....

Honestly I am taking Mitchell. Westbrook has put up some really pathetic performances in his last 8 playoff games....... Dude just goes braindead in crunchtime

Westbroook or Rubio would have been a better question

CuterThanRubio
04-13-2018, 04:58 PM
at least from 2 to 5. They have the Matador manning the one. The Jazz can't shoot either. It's their Achilles heel.

Team FG% Rank:

Utah = 13

OKC = 18

Ricky does have a lot of trouble with Westbrook, he can hold his own if not outduel most other elite guards but this could be a problem for them.

Uncle Drew
04-13-2018, 05:01 PM
Did you really just try to counter a problem with shooting with a no context stat that is just FG percentage? Lmao.

CuterThanRubio
04-13-2018, 05:04 PM
Did you really just try to counter a problem with shooting with a no context stat that is just FG percentage? Lmao.

The Jazz don't have a problem with shooting, you fvckboy, get in line!

Xiao Yao You
04-13-2018, 05:05 PM
Team FG% Rank:

Utah = 13

OKC = 18

Ricky does have a lot of trouble with Westbrook, he can hold his own if not outduel most other elite guards but this could be a problem for them.

The Jazz have two guys that shoot a high % from 3. 4 if you count Thabo and Neto who won't be playing. Any coach with a clue will pack the paint and let the Jazz fire away from everywhere else. The playoffs are a different animal. I realize you don't know that since Ricky has never been close to the playoffs before!

CuterThanRubio
04-13-2018, 05:08 PM
The Jazz have two guys that shoot a high % from 3. 4 if you count Thabo and Neto who won't be playing. Any coach with a clue will pack the paint and let the Jazz fire away from everywhere else. The playoffs are a different animal. I realize you don't know that since Ricky has never been close to the playoffs before!

And OKC has one.......

Uncle Drew
04-13-2018, 05:09 PM
The Jazz don't have a problem with shooting, you fvckboy, get in line!
I don't know, I don't follow the Jazz. I'm just saying your argument is beyond retarded. FG% includes shots at the rim, FG% includes shots between 3 and 10 feet. Are you drunk? Are you actually taking the piss?

Xiao Yao You
04-13-2018, 05:10 PM
I count George, Patterson and Abrines(if he's playing?)

Xiao Yao You
04-13-2018, 05:11 PM
I don't know, I don't follow the Jazz. I'm just saying your argument is beyond retarded. FG% includes shots at the rim, FG% includes shots between 3 and 10 feet. Are you drunk? Are you actually taking the piss?

He's just very sensitive about Ricky having the worst looking shot in the league

CuterThanRubio
04-13-2018, 05:13 PM

Yeah lol, that is obvious, stop begging for my attention/

+ Their 3p% is ranked 12th as well, but they "can't shoot", sure.

Uncle Drew
04-13-2018, 05:16 PM
He's just very sensitive about Ricky having the worst looking shot in the league
Either that, or he has legit brain damage. I wouldn't rule out a combination of the two though.

CuterThanRubio
04-13-2018, 05:16 PM
I count George, Patterson and Abrines(if he's playing?)

Patterson averages less than one made per game and Abrines has less total threes than Ricky.

High percentages are meaningless without volume

CuterThanRubio
04-13-2018, 05:23 PM
Either that, or he has legit brain damage. I wouldn't rule out a combination of the two though.

Alright!

Now that you got it out of your system can we continue with the actual basketball discussion, not enough room on my d!ck for everyone (believe it or not), one at a time please!

Bitch ass losers in here so mad at me for nothing, the salt is highly contagious

:hammerhead:

Uncle Drew
04-13-2018, 05:26 PM
Shut yo sensitive ass up little boy.

Xiao Yao You
04-13-2018, 05:44 PM
Yeah lol, that is obvious, stop begging for my attention/

+ Their 3p% is ranked 12th as well, but they "can't shoot", sure.

Because of Ingles.

Xiao Yao You
04-13-2018, 05:46 PM
Patterson averages less than one made per game and Abrines has less total threes than Ricky.

High percentages are meaningless without volume

Unlike Ricky he can shoot though. I wouldn't say they are meaningless. There's this thing called analytics. So missing a bunch of 3's is not a great thing unless you love Rubio

Jerebko doesn't take many either.

Ghost1
04-13-2018, 05:51 PM
20K, congrats!

Xiao Yao You
04-13-2018, 05:58 PM
Hadn't noticed :yaohappy: :yaohappy:

HylianNightmare
04-13-2018, 06:13 PM
Thunder in 4

Gotterdammerung
04-14-2018, 02:23 AM
This should be the most exciting series of the playoffs.

I look forward to the reincarnation of a young Dywane Wade in the rookie Donovan Mitchell, who should exceed his season averages of 20.5 ppg, 3.7 and 3.7 rebounds and assists per game to carry the Jazz' offense. But the OKC Thunder will guard him with a great defender in Paul George.

It's just too bad that they don't have their best defender in Roberson, whose absence has actually hurt their defense (from a ferocious defensive efficiency that's third in the league to a lousy 16th). Thanks to Rudy Gobert, the Jazz has the necessary team defense to shut down the OKC Thunder long enough to extend the series to seven games.

But they don't have enough beyond Mitchell to keep up with the almighty Russell Westbrook and company.

Oklahoma City in 7.

k0kakw0rld
04-14-2018, 10:23 AM
Thunder will win this easily in 5.

hold this L
04-14-2018, 10:53 AM
I still think this is 6 or 7, agree with Gotter above. I think Jazz take this though, but we'll see if playoff PG shows up or whether Mitchell shrinks under the PS pressure. They're relying on a rookie to lead offensively.. that's no joke. Ingles has been way too good this year though and Rubio might show up offensively for 1-2 games, which likely makes a difference on who wins.

dbugz
04-14-2018, 01:03 PM
Give me experience on this one + Adams can stand toe to toe with Gobert.

Thunder in 5.

Xiao Yao You
04-14-2018, 01:18 PM
I still think this is 6 or 7, agree with Gotter above. I think Jazz take this though, but we'll see if playoff PG shows up or whether Mitchell shrinks under the PS pressure. They're relying on a rookie to lead offensively.. that's no joke. Ingles has been way too good this year though and Rubio might show up offensively for 1-2 games, which likely makes a difference on who wins.

Wouldn't count on Rubio. It should come down to coaching. If Quinn stays with stuff that isn't working they will be in trouble. He out coached Rivers last year.

Xiao Yao You
04-14-2018, 03:53 PM
Brett Dawson: Alex Abrines and Corey Brewer did

Xiao Yao You
04-14-2018, 06:19 PM
Andy Larsen: Corey Brewer is listed as questionable for Game 1 of Jazz/OKC due to his sprained right knee. Alex Abrines is out due to his concussion.

CakeorDeath
04-15-2018, 08:46 AM
The Jazz can't shoot either. It's their Achilles heel.

2017-18 Team FG%:

Restricted area: Utah 64.4% OKC 61.7%
Paint (non-RA): Utah 37.6% OKC 40.0%
Midrange: Utah 39.5% OKC 38.3%
Left Corner 3: Utah 41.5% OKC 37.1%
Right corner 3: Utah 42.0% OKC 37.3%
Above the break 3: Utah 34.8% OKC 35.0%

Seems Utah has a sizable advantage in shooting if they can keep the Thunder out of the paint, which is exactly what Gobert excels at. The key of all keys to this series will be keeping OKC off the free throw line, and Gobert specifically out of foul trouble.

CakeorDeath
04-15-2018, 08:53 AM

It's never all that ugly when it goes in. He's a far better 3 point shooter and foul shooter than Westbrook is this season.

Jazz just need to help Ricky when Westbrook makes a move to the rim. Easier said than done, but if Ricky can keep Russ shooting from beyond 18 feet, and the Jazz help correctly when he gets to the rim, Russ's offensive inefficiency will play right into Utah's game.

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2018, 10:17 AM
2017-18 Team FG%:

Restricted area: Utah 64.4% OKC 61.7%
Paint (non-RA): Utah 37.6% OKC 40.0%
Midrange: Utah 39.5% OKC 38.3%
Left Corner 3: Utah 41.5% OKC 37.1%
Right corner 3: Utah 42.0% OKC 37.3%
Above the break 3: Utah 34.8% OKC 35.0%

Seems Utah has a sizable advantage in shooting if they can keep the Thunder out of the paint, which is exactly what Gobert excels at. The key of all keys to this series will be keeping OKC off the free throw line, and Gobert specifically out of foul trouble.

I'd look at the guys that will actually be playing though. Neto, Thabo, Burks, Hood and Johnson won't be on the floor. Jerebko might not even play now that the rotation tightens even more. Exum and Crowder are now playing instead.

Foul trouble hasn't been a big issue for Rudy. They have bigger concerns

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2018, 10:20 AM
It's never all that ugly when it goes in. He's a far better 3 point shooter and foul shooter than Westbrook is this season.

Jazz just need to help Ricky when Westbrook makes a move to the rim. Easier said than done, but if Ricky can keep Russ shooting from beyond 18 feet, and the Jazz help correctly when he gets to the rim, Russ's offensive inefficiency will play right into Utah's game.

Going to be hard to do playing behind him which is the way Ricky defends everyone.

Ricky's game is ugly rather it's good Ricky or bad Ricky. Hard to watch!

You're not going to get me defending Westbrook! Maybe we can compare him with AI too. :lol

HenryGarfunkle
04-15-2018, 02:36 PM
I feel bad for Xiao that he actually think his teams gonna win, or even be competitive with OKC

This is a 5 game series fellas, 6 absolute max

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2018, 03:12 PM
I feel bad for Xiao that he actually think his teams gonna win, or even be competitive with OKC

This is a 5 game series fellas, 6 absolute max

It should be competitive if Snyder and Rubio give them a chance.

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2018, 03:13 PM
Shams Charania: Sources: OKC starter Corey Brewer (sprained right knee) remains on track to play in Game 1 today against the Jazz. twitter.com/shamscharania/

HenryGarfunkle
04-15-2018, 03:39 PM
It should be competitive if Snyder and Rubio give them a chance.
What if Rubio plays well and y'all still get smoked? Who will be the scapegoat?

I have a feeling Rudy is gonna lay an egg this series

Not enough scorers to keep up with OKC firepower

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2018, 03:40 PM
What if Rubio plays well and y'all still get smoked? Who will be the scapegoat?

I have a feeling Rudy is gonna lay an egg this series

Not enough scorers to keep up with OKC firepower

Doubt Rudy will be their downfall. If Rubio plays well they will be hard to beat but I certainly don't expect it. Snyder needs to bench him when he's killing them though. That will be the problem

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2018, 05:58 PM
https://www.ksl.com/article/46300513/injured-thunder-guard-corey-brewer-to-start-vs-jazz

Brewer and Abrines available now it says

raprap
04-15-2018, 06:29 PM
Probably the best series out west. Playoff Westbrook :rockon:

Meticode
04-15-2018, 06:30 PM
I'm hoping this is a fun one. On paper this looked like the most even matchup of the playoffs to me.

brownmamba00
04-15-2018, 06:31 PM
Thank god some real playoff basketball

LAVAR BALL
04-15-2018, 06:31 PM
Curious to see how will "Playoffs P" do against the best defensive team in the league

For now, we all saw what did "Playoffs V" in Cleveland :lol . Not sure Pacers are missing him one bit

PickernRoller
04-15-2018, 06:35 PM
Best first round match up.

RoseCity07
04-15-2018, 06:36 PM
Here comes a Jazz ass whooping I predicted for the Thunder. Thunder are so overrated.:oldlol:

Meticode
I love Westbrooks intensity. It's comical. Gets pumped up on a easy dunk 2-0 Thunder, then they precede to give up nine straight points. :roll:

raprap
Spyda gonna drop 40 on his debut isnt he? :banana:

dazzer87
04-15-2018, 06:37 PM
utah for reals.....:applause:

LAVAR BALL
04-15-2018, 06:37 PM
Spyda gonna drop 40 on his debut isnt he? :banana:

that "Playoff P" defense !! :oldlol: :oldlol:

PsychoBe
04-15-2018, 06:38 PM
Donovan Mitchell the real ROTY??? :eek:

VictorMosquito
04-15-2018, 06:38 PM
There goes the rookie of the year :eek:

dazzer87
04-15-2018, 06:39 PM
Donovan Mitchell....:eek:

WallIn
04-15-2018, 06:39 PM
Mitchell = alpha

imdaman99
04-15-2018, 06:40 PM
What's up with playoff P? :lol

Meticode
I find it interesting that George talked all this shit about guarding Mitchell and he's not even his assignment. George is by far the Thunder's best perimeter defender, but they they put Brewer on Mitchell and George on Ingles.

Proctor
I don't ever want to hear a Mitchell and Booker comparison again. :rockon: Mitchell is legit as they get.

Jazz are going send the Thunder home.

VictorMosquito
Utah is TOUGH!

Mitchell is already putting himself in the conversation for the best SG in the nba.

305Baller
Sweet entry pass by Rubio

Gougou
04-15-2018, 06:41 PM
OKC is washed up seriously.

imdaman99
I love Westbrooks intensity. It's comical. Gets pumped up on a easy dunk 2-0 Thunder, then they precede to give up nine straight points. :roll:
Yeah because that's why they gave up 11 in a row right dumbass?

DMAVS41
Why would you ever put Corey Brewer on Mitchell in his first playoff game ever when you have Paul George on your team?

It honestly doesn't get dumber than that. Never let a young guy get confidence right off the bat by being guarded by a guy that shouldn't even be in the damn league.

brownmamba00
Playoff P :lol

Nilocon165
Rookies playing well in these playoffs

Fun to watch

PsychoBe
Mitchell is clearly the real ROTY wow :eek: :eek:

Looking like a prime Mitch Richmond out there

LAVAR BALL
04-15-2018, 06:42 PM

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=448412

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2018, 06:43 PM
Why would you ever put Corey Brewer on Mitchell in his first playoff game ever when you have Paul George on your team?

It honestly doesn't get dumber than that. Never let a young guy get confidence right off the bat by being guarded by a guy that shouldn't even be in the damn league.

Save george

bladefd
04-15-2018, 06:44 PM
If Jazz win this series, PG13 comes to Lakers! Go Jazz!! =]

VictorMosquito
04-15-2018, 06:45 PM
They should've been giving it to Melo to start with.

No way Favors can guard him in the iso.

Meticode
04-15-2018, 06:47 PM

Just crowd him. Melo doesn't have the speed anymore.

RoseCity07
Jazz gonna win this by 15. Once things settle down they'll grind OKC down.

Xiao Yao You

As long as they abuse him at the other end. Time for crowder anyway!

DMAVS41
04-15-2018, 06:48 PM
Save george

Nope.

You want to frustrate the rookie right from the jump.

Can always save him at times throughout the game.

LAVAR BALL
04-15-2018, 06:48 PM
We're already at this series most important question: can Utah generate enough offense to survive when OKC's defense start tightening? We can be sure OKC will offer a minimum thanks to ther Big 3. If the Jazz can answer properly, we'll have a great serie

VictorMosquito
04-15-2018, 06:51 PM
As long as they abuse him at the other end. Time for crowder anyway!
Who told Crowder he can shoot? It shouldn't even be a thought that early in the shot clock.

stalkerforlife
OKC is obviously going to win this series.

The question is, will Westbrook look to build chemistry and the confidence of his teammates going into the next round?

They can win this series with his stat stuffing, but it won't help going forward...

Gougou
Yeah this Jazz offense not great sigh.

VictorMosquito
04-15-2018, 06:52 PM
That wasn't a foul, should've been a travel.

VictorMosquito
04-15-2018, 06:55 PM
I've always been a fan of Melo :applause:

lilteapot
04-15-2018, 06:56 PM
Quickest 1st quarter of the playoffs so far. Should be a good one.

LAVAR BALL
Melo stealing Jerebko's lunch 3 straight times

imdaman99
Playoff Melo :rockon:

KiiiiNG
Firepower bitches

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2018, 06:57 PM
Nope.

You want to frustrate the rookie right from the jump.

Can always save him at times throughout the game.

Mitchell is one of the topv4th quarter players in the league

regerer
04-15-2018, 06:58 PM
I like Melo as the 1 option running with the bench. Haven't seen that all year.

brownmamba00
04-15-2018, 07:00 PM
Told you Hayward is trash compared to Mitch

DMAVS41
04-15-2018, 07:01 PM

What is your point?

You'd put George on him to end the game as well in my view.

I'm saying you'd start and finish the game with George on him...especially in his first game ever.

You really think it is wise to let the most dangerous player on the opposing team face a dream matchup for his first 7 minutes of his playoff career?

VictorMosquito
04-15-2018, 07:01 PM
Exum just murdered George lol

PsychoBe
04-15-2018, 07:02 PM
Why does Quinn Snyder look like a Netflix villain? :oldlol:

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2018, 07:05 PM
Told you Hayward is trash compared to Mitch
He's not as good as Hayward yet

Proctor
04-15-2018, 07:05 PM
Hey Rubio, you can't shoot. Do something else.

VictorMosquito
04-15-2018, 07:07 PM
Why does Quinn Snyder look like a Netflix villain? :oldlol:
He looks like a cop that snorts the coke after a huge drug bust and says"yep, thats coke alright"

Proctor
04-15-2018, 07:08 PM
He looks like a cop that snorts the coke after a huge drug bust and says"yep, thats coke alright"
:lol :lol :roll: :roll:

tpols
ricky rubio looks like a lord of the rings character.

Xiao Yao You
Hey Rubio, you can't shoot. Do something else.

Like matador d and bad passing? He does it all

PsychoBe
04-15-2018, 07:12 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

zeerghit
04-15-2018, 07:16 PM

:bowdown:

ArbitraryWater
04-15-2018, 07:16 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

lilteapot
04-15-2018, 07:19 PM
gobert traveled lol

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2018, 07:20 PM
gobert traveled lol

Not in the nba

KiiiiNG
04-15-2018, 07:21 PM
Playoff P :pimp:

stalkerforlife
04-15-2018, 07:26 PM
Can Rubio get some damn help?

KiiiiNG
04-15-2018, 07:27 PM
Gobert lowkey getting abused

DMAVS41
Corey Brewer should probably not be in the league.

He's going to play like 30 minutes a game. This is insane.

ArbitraryWater

Curious to see how will "Playoffs P" do against the best defensive team in the league

For now, we all saw what did "Playoffs V" in Cleveland :lol . Not sure Pacers are missing him one bit

that "Playoff P" defense !! :oldlol: :oldlol:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=448412

Playoff P :lol

:lol

stalkerforlife
Gobert can't even guard Adams one on one and he's the DPOY?

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2018, 07:28 PM
Why pass melo:roll:

VictorMosquito
04-15-2018, 07:29 PM
He's been manhandling in, did you just turn the game on?

Adams was MIA the 1st quarter.

stalkerforlife
Corey Brewer should probably not be in the league.

He's going to play like 30 minutes a game. This is insane.

Brewer works relentlessly defensively.

Not sure what you mean.

Xiao Yao You
Can Rubio get some damn help?

Wish snyder would help by benching his ass

imdaman99
Playoff P :rockon:

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2018, 07:30 PM

He's bren great. Thunder making tough shots

ImKobe
04-15-2018, 07:31 PM
This series ain't going past 6 games.

KiiiiNG

Not sure what you mean.
Except today where he's just watching other people grab rebounds and not hustling at all.

He's injured but he's playing loser ball, doesn't deserve to be on the court

DMAVS41

Not sure what you mean.

Working on getting destroyed? He works hard, but he's not good anymore on either end.

He's directly given up like 15 plus points. He can't even guard Rubio.

brownmamba00
04-15-2018, 07:33 PM
:rockon:

KiiiiNG
He's bren great. Thunder making tough shots
Rubio's been great

Gobert's lack of go-to offense makes it impossible for Utah to win

Rudy is overrated, and it's showing tonight

Even when he's "great", he's not really all that great

VictorMosquito
Working on getting destroyed? He works hard, but he's not good anymore on either end.

It's a tough task for wings to guard point guards, doesn't matter who it is. I remember watching Ullis blow past Leonard on numerous occasions, it's not a fair way to assess someone's game.

stalkerforlife
04-15-2018, 07:34 PM

On a team full of one way playing shot jackers, you need role players like Brewer that will go all out defensively, regardless if he's getting shots or not. (And he won't, as evidenced by ONE shot in 17 minutes of him watching ISO ball)

DMAVS41
04-15-2018, 07:36 PM
On a team full of one way playing shot jackers, you need role players like Brewer that will go all out defensively, regardless if he's getting shots or not. (And he won't, as evidenced by ONE shot in 17 minutes of him watching ISO ball)

Totally agree that you need players like Brewer.

Just they need to be better than he actually is. What he provides in theory is exactly what they need, but unfortunately he's just like 80% as good as what they really need in my opinion.

stalkerforlife
04-15-2018, 07:38 PM
Totally agree that you need players like Brewer.

Just they need to be better than he actually is. What he provides in theory is exactly what they need, but unfortunately he's just like 80% as good as what they really need in my opinion.

Yes, they've always needed a 3 and D guy that could hit at a high rate and wasn't an offensive liability.

It's exactly what they needed before Durant left.

They never got it.

DMAVS41
04-15-2018, 07:43 PM
Yes, they've always needed a 3 and D guy that could hit at a high rate and wasn't an offensive liability.

It's exactly what they needed before Durant left.

They never got it.

Yep.

Wes Matthews would have helped a lot. I'm surprised they couldn't work out something with the Mavs.

VictorMosquito
04-15-2018, 07:49 PM
Killa P is abusing the rook right now.

DMAVS41
04-15-2018, 07:51 PM
So...

I'm curious to know what the narrative is going to be about Russ killing all his teammates productivity like people were doing in the Pacers thread when Dipo went off today.

Let me guess...this is different...right tpols?

It has to be all on Russ. It can't just be that Dipo and Russ essentially excel playing the same position and that Dipo clearly has improved since last year?

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2018, 07:52 PM

Rubio guards himself

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2018, 07:54 PM
Rubio's been great

Gobert's lack of go-to offense makes it impossible for Utah to win

Rudy is overrated, and it's showing tonight

Even when he's "great", he's not really all that great

You are watching a different game. One where ricky defends and doesn't shoot bricks and where rudy isn't making the thunder take bad shots

lilteapot
04-15-2018, 07:57 PM
Since when did Rubio become so shot happy?

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2018, 07:58 PM

All year. Amazing rudy's had them winning anyway

KiiiiNG
04-15-2018, 07:58 PM
You are watching a different game. One where ricky defends and doesn't shoot bricks and where rudy isn't making the thunder take bad shots
Ricky has been Utah's best player

You're nuts, man

ImKobe
04-15-2018, 07:59 PM

finally developed into an above 40% scorer and now thinks he's Kobe :oldlol:

KiiiiNG
04-15-2018, 08:00 PM
Gobert made a FT :eek:

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2018, 08:00 PM
Ricky has been Utah's best player

You're nuts, manguess you like bricks and matadors

IGOTGAME
04-15-2018, 08:01 PM
Gobert playing like a bum

KiiiiNG
04-15-2018, 08:02 PM
guess you like bricks and matadors
He's creating offense, getting steals, rebounding

Meanwhile Gobert has 3 boards and 4 fouls, complete non-factor

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2018, 08:03 PM
Gobert playing like a bum

Only reason it's a game is because of him controlling the paint

DMAVS41
04-15-2018, 08:03 PM
guess you like bricks and matadors

Really?

Rubio has been fine. He has not been the problem for the Jazz so far.

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2018, 08:04 PM
He's creating offense, getting steals, rebounding

Meanwhile Gobert has 3 boards and 4 fouls, complete non-factor

creating offense with bricks. Steals while guarding his man from behind

bobopenguin
04-15-2018, 08:04 PM
is this the normal jazz? they aint very impressive..

KiiiiNG
04-15-2018, 08:05 PM
Rubio's defense is insane

He's the only reason Utah is in the game, and of course mitchell

MJistheGOAT
04-15-2018, 08:05 PM
I just tune in the game.

How

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2018, 08:06 PM
Really?

Rubio has been fine. He has not been the problem for the Jazz so far.

5-15

DMAVS41
04-15-2018, 08:07 PM
[QUOTE=MJistheGOAT]I just tune in the game.

How

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2018, 08:07 PM
is this the normal jazz? they aint very impressive..

Typical

DMAVS41
04-15-2018, 08:08 PM
5-15

And?

He's had to take more shots than normal because Ingles was locked up by George in the first half quite a bit....and Mitchell hasn't been able to shake free since his hot start.

You make it sound like he's playing some terrible game.

He's playing just fine.

PsychoBe
04-15-2018, 08:09 PM
So...

I'm curious to know what the narrative is going to be about Russ killing all his teammates productivity like people were doing in the Pacers thread when Dipo went off today.

Let me guess...this is different...right tpols?

It has to be all on Russ. It can't just be that Dipo and Russ essentially excel playing the same position and that Dipo clearly has improved since last year?

Well the Thunder are damn near undefeated when Westbrook takes less than 18-19 shots a game and right now he's at 14. If he gets into chuck mode then things could go downhill :oldlol:

But the biggest issue was that Dipo's and Westbrook's roles were redundant. When Westbrook sat down a game Dipo went off and hit a game winner.

You can't turn Dipo, a rhythm player/shooter, into a 3 & D player. It's sub optimal at best.

PG is a much better fit along with Melo because PG started his career as a 3 & D player and Melo is a decent shooter regardless.

Dipo did improve though but he practically had his worst season ever next to Westbrook and that is not an accident.

hold this L
04-15-2018, 08:09 PM
Why is Rubio shooting so much? Focus on your strengths which is defense..

bobopenguin
04-15-2018, 08:10 PM
Typical

would u guys do kuzma for Mitchell trade?

MJistheGOAT
04-15-2018, 08:11 PM
OKC doesn

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2018, 08:12 PM
And?

He's had to take more shots than normal because Ingles was locked up by George in the first half quite a bit....and Mitchell hasn't been able to shake free since his hot start.

You make it sound like he's playing some terrible game.

He's playing just fine.

He can't shoot. He shouldn't be shooting

KiiiiNG
04-15-2018, 08:12 PM
Why is Rubio shooting so much? Focus on your strengths which is defense..
Because Gobert has no offensive game, so Rubio is forced to pick up the slack even though it's not his strength

They can't even give their best player the ball to make something happen, he's just simply a garbage man who only scores on put-backs or wide open dunks

DMAVS41
04-15-2018, 08:13 PM
Well the Thunder are damn near undefeated when Westbrook takes less than 18-19 shots a game and right now he's at 14. If he gets into chuck mode then things could go downhill :oldlol:

But the biggest issue was that Dipo's and Westbrook's roles were redundant. When Westbrook sat down a game Dipo went off and hit a game winner.

You can't turn Dipo, a rhythm player/shooter, into a 3 & D player. It's sub optimal at best.

PG is a much better fit along with Melo because PG started his career as a 3 & D player and Melo is a decent shooter regardless.

Dipo did improve though but he practically had his worst season ever next to Westbrook and that is not an accident.

Pretty much agree with all of this.

I'm trying to point out that what the Thunder and essentially Dipo found out last year was that he isn't comfortable playing the 3/D role. He needs the ball more.

It is essentially putting a ball dominant point guard in Dipo next to another ball dominant point guard in Russ and then blaming only Russ when it doesn't work out. That isn't fair.

Not to mention Dipo was hurt off and on and just objectively shit the bed in the playoffs regardless of role.

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2018, 08:13 PM
would u guys do kuzma for Mitchell trade?

Rubio for kuzma. You need a pg

KiiiiNG
04-15-2018, 08:14 PM
Rubio has 5 steals and 3 offensive boards

He's been great on offense too despite not shooting great, he's been breaking down OKC's D all night (just has no shooting help)

DMAVS41
04-15-2018, 08:15 PM
He can't shoot. He shouldn't be shooting

Dude.

Rubio's flaws are well known.

He can't just stop shooting though. He has to take shots. He should probably have 12 or 13 shots in this game...maybe he's taken a couple shots he shouldn't have, but nothing extreme.

RoseCity07
I'm surprised Jazz aren't up by 5 or more. They are a much better team. OKC is just hot right now.

Xiao Yao You
Because Gobert has no offensive game, so Rubio is forced to pick up the slack even though it's not his strength

They can't even give their best player the ball to make something happen, he's just simply a garbage man who only scores on put-backs or wide open dunks

the problem is lack of shooters. With shooters the paint opens

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-15-2018, 08:17 PM
Playoff P!

:applause:

WallIn
04-15-2018, 08:17 PM
Now it looks like Mitchell is playing with a bunch of bums.

MJistheGOAT
04-15-2018, 08:18 PM
Nice defense in this series.

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2018, 08:18 PM
Dude.

Rubio's flaws are well known.

He can't just stop shooting though. He has to take shots. He should probably have 12 or 13 shots in this game...maybe he's taken a couple shots he shouldn't have, but nothing extreme.

That's the problem. He's always open. Kills them

KiiiiNG
04-15-2018, 08:19 PM
the problem is lack of shooters. With shooters the paint opens
They have Mitchell and Ingles tho

The problem is that Gobert only scores spoon fed dunks. He's barely better than Adams on offense, and that's the Jazz's best player

Congrats to him for shutting down OKC's 5th option scorer though, really having an impact on the game :oldlol:

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2018, 08:19 PM
Now it looks like Mitchell is playing with a bunch of bums.

One and a coach that thinks the bum should be the focus of the offense

DMAVS41
04-15-2018, 08:21 PM
That's the problem. He's always open. Kills them

Kills them?

Nah, but he is a flawed player. He is still a quality player though.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
Ingles is so fcking overrated:oldlol:

Terahite
This is starting to look like Jazz-Clippers 2.0... I expect Utah to make this very difficult for OKC.

Xiao Yao You
They have Mitchell and Ingles tho

The problem is that Gobert only scores spoon fed dunks. He's barely better than Adams on offense, and that's the Jazz's best player

Congrats to him for shutting down OKC's 5th option scorer though, really having an impact on the game :oldlol:

Mitchell's shooting has went down without spacing. Okc is hitting tough shots because they are getti g little in the paint. It's all about rudy

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2018, 08:23 PM
Kills them?

Nah, but he is a flawed player. He is still a quality player though.
He's a backup

r0drig0lac
04-15-2018, 08:23 PM
is not human :bowdown:

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2018, 08:24 PM
Ingles is so fcking overrated:oldlol:

He's their only shooter

ImKobe
HE IS NOT HUMAN

you know he saw that Pacers game :kobe:

DMAVS41
He's a backup

Call it what you want.

He should play between 25 and 30 minutes a game on this team.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
this game is done

OKC hitting super autism shots

Proctor
04-15-2018, 08:25 PM
Mitchell's shooting has went down without spacing. Okc is hitting tough shots because they are getti g little in the paint. It's all about rudy
You're responding to the village idiot who's only talking out of his ass because he just got banned on his other account. He's been upset all day. :oldlol:

MJistheGOAT
PG13 killing the Jazz
Westbrook in the bench.

dbugz
OKC's just too much for this inexperienced Jazz roster.

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2018, 08:26 PM
Call it what you want.

He should play between 25 and 30 minutes a game on this team.

And they will lose

Bankaii
04-15-2018, 08:27 PM
PG13 told y

DMAVS41
04-15-2018, 08:27 PM
And they will lose

Haha.

Okay.

It is all on Rubio. Has nothing to do with PG absolutely torching them.

:cheers:

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2018, 08:28 PM
OKC's just too much for this inexperienced Jazz roster.

Paul george is having thw game of his life and it's a game

RoseCity07
So basically PG has to score 8 threes per game for OKC to have a decent lead?:lol

Not gonna happen over the entire series.

KiiiiNG
OKC is hitting tough shots and wide open shots, due to Utah's inability to guard the 3 line - OKC small ball killing them, Rudy's a dinosaur

Gobert getting exposed for what he is.... a basic rim-protector garbage man.... hardly a star player ... and they definitely won't be winning shit with him as their best player anytime soon

ImKobe
04-15-2018, 08:29 PM
I'm just happy to see Westbrook finally have some help around him after what happened last year, OKC can actually hold or increase leads with him resting now. We need OKC to play either Houston or GS.

Xiao Yao You
Haha.

Okay.

It is all on Rubio. Has nothing to do with PG absolutely torching them.

:cheers:

5-15

brownmamba00
PG dropped that guy damn

DMAVS41
5-15

How do you think Favors has played?

:roll:

KiiiiNG
04-15-2018, 08:31 PM
So basically PG has to score 8 threes per game for OKC to have a decent lead?:lol

Not gonna happen over the entire series.
They don't need him to do it every game

They have other star offensive players, unlike the Jazz who only have Mitchell the rookie

MJistheGOAT
PG13 playing a career game, OKC hitting difficult shots all the time

And the lead is only 13 pts.

This series could go 6 or 7.

Xiao Yao You
OKC is hitting tough shots and wide open shots, due to Utah's inability to guard the 3 line - OKC small ball killing them, Rudy's a dinosaur

Gobert getting exposed for what he is.... a basic rim-protector garbage man.... hardly a star player ... and they definitely won't be winning shit with him as their best player anytime soon

Surround him and mitchell with shooters. Be tough to beat

imdaman99
04-15-2018, 08:32 PM
I love Westbrook's leadership. He let PG get his and now he's letting Jerami Grant get his, because he's the other guy that's a free agent :bowdown:

4D Chess :confusedshrug:

DMAVS41

For sure.

The Jazz are really good.

This game is actually evidence of that in my opinion.

ImKobe
You ain't gonna do shit in the Playoffs if you have Rubio shooting long 2s, automatic L

Xiao Yao You
How do you think Favors has played?

:roll:

Crappy but not 10 misses

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2018, 08:33 PM
You ain't gonna do shit in the Playoffs if you have Rubio shooting long 2s, automatic L

Yep especially when he misses them

ImKobe
04-15-2018, 08:34 PM

Jazz started off like 16 - 4 really early on a hot start and have been outscored by 25 pts ever since

imdaman99
04-15-2018, 08:34 PM
Can we stop talking about Rubio :roll:

There is more to basketball than killing poor Ricky :mad:

WallIn
04-15-2018, 08:35 PM

A typical G1 where the home team cannot seem to miss.

KiiiiNG
04-15-2018, 08:35 PM
Gobert getting bodied in the 4th

He's not even controlling the paint anymore, Grant and Adams doing whatever they want

:oldlol:

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2018, 08:36 PM
Can we stop talking about Rubio :roll:

There is more to basketball than killing poor Ricky :mad:

Unleas you have watched the ricky horror show all year

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-15-2018, 08:36 PM
Rudy is just a slightly better prime Tyson Chandler

good player but just not reliable in the playoffs

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2018, 08:39 PM
5-16

dazzer87
Adams broke his arm with that dunk...

KiiiiNG
Picking Gobert apart

Sad to watch

MJistheGOAT
Big ifs for me are:
- Westbrook playing not chucking, high iq basketball for 4+ games
- PG13 scoring so well for 4+ games

If OKC needs those 2 things to happen, they re in problems

ImKobe
04-15-2018, 08:40 PM
WB passting off a wide open shot to an injured teammate to force a triple-double :kobe:

Proctor
Rubio :lol :facepalm

r0drig0lac
West stats padding lmao

Xiao Yao You
Rudy is just a slightly better prime Tyson Chandler

good player but just not reliable in the playoffs

He's supposed to guard the perimeter too?

dbugz
WB Adams toying these kids :lol :lol

imdaman99
WB passting off a wide open shot to an injured teammate to force a triple-double :kobe:
:lol I would pull his ass out now. No need

WallIn
04-15-2018, 08:41 PM

One of those guys that checks the box score during all timeouts.

KiiiiNG
04-15-2018, 08:41 PM
You must've missed the 5 wide open dunks/layups he's given up the last few minutes :oldlol:

You're literally insane dude

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2018, 08:42 PM
5-17

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-15-2018, 08:42 PM

theyve been feasting in the paint in the 2nd half

Embiid is a far better defender as well as not being a garbageman on offense

honestly give me Favors over Rudy in playoffs, much more reliable postseason game

DMAVS41
04-15-2018, 08:43 PM

Haha.

You are too emotional to have a rational conversation.

Yes, Rubio needs to shoot less and shoot better. Totally agree, but he is not the big reason they are down 13 points.

Gobert has not played quality defense in the 4th qtr and isn't containing the pick and roll or protecting the rim like he normally does.

WallIn
04-15-2018, 08:44 PM
Westbrook stat padding in garbage time :oldlol:

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2018, 08:44 PM
theyve been feasting in the paint in the 2nd half

Embiid is a far better defender as well as not being a garbageman on offense

honestly give me Favors over Rudy in playoffs, much more reliable postseason game

They aren't stopping anyone with favors

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-15-2018, 08:45 PM
Burks should be getting more mins this series

Proctor
04-15-2018, 08:46 PM
Alec Burks needs to see regular minutes...he's instant offense.

KiiiiNG
04-15-2018, 08:47 PM
That's an instance where you rip into Westbrook for being a ****ing moron

Billy D has no balls

Xiao Yao You
Burks should be getting more mins this series

So should neto but they won't because coty doesn't like them

WallIn
Wtf is Westbrook doing? Running and shooting like a madman with game basically over and now it's down to 8. Peanut brain.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
So should neto but they won't because coty doesn't like them

nah neto sucks

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2018, 08:49 PM
nah neto sucks

Maybe but can shoot and make lay-ups and defend unlike rubio and exum

zeerghit
04-15-2018, 08:50 PM
Maybe but can shoot and make lay-ups and defend unlike rubio and exum

u trying to tell rubio cant defend??? hes was the best defender today for utah

KOBEtherealKing
Burks is still in the league, let alone still on the jazz :biggums:

Xiao Yao You
Who wants burks expiring deal?

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2018, 08:51 PM
u trying to tell rubio cant defend??? hes was the best defender today for utah

If steals and waving your man to the rim is d

imdaman99
04-15-2018, 08:52 PM
Burks has been legit. I don't know if it's because there's no pressure down 15 with 2 mins left. But the guy has earned minutes

zeerghit
04-15-2018, 08:52 PM
If steals and waving your man to the rim is d

ok im not wasting time with retard.
all good, have a nice day

Xiao Yao You
04-15-2018, 08:54 PM
Burks has been legit. I don't know if it's because there's no pressure down 15 with 2 mins left. But the guy has earned minutes

You'd think but no. Had a stretch where he looked like an all-star earlier in the year ans got benched for it

Gougou
04-15-2018, 08:58 PM
People still think Oladipo is betting than PG?

If PG is on the pacer he will deliever more I think.

WallIn
04-15-2018, 08:59 PM
A fluke game imo.

No way Paul George will average 30+ PPG in a series and 29th ranked FT shooting OKC makes 20 out of 23 free throws (2 missed by hobbled Adams).