PDA

View Full Version : Yi or Noah?

mhsbasketball
06-13-2007, 04:50 PM
Out of these two , who would end up being the better player, and who would make an immediate impact? I would say Yi will ultimately be a better player than Noah, but it'll take him 3 years to develop. And who would you pick out of the two for your team

Richie2k6
06-13-2007, 04:54 PM
Easily Yi... he's a dominate big man with SPEED. Can run the floor, can put the ball on the floor, can rebound, score, etc. A definite choice. Great player in the years to come.

RagingBull33
06-13-2007, 04:55 PM
Yi. Good complement to Big Al, and can play the 5 is he gains some muscle, leaving Al to guard 4s and play on the low post without the lane getting crowded.

ILLEFEX
06-13-2007, 04:55 PM
i would take yi also.........next season, maybe noah will contribute more to his team cause like you said, it'll most likely take a while for yi to actually contribute...........i just think that yi will work harder and has more to prove especially since a lot of gm's has questions about his game.........

gb8
06-13-2007, 05:22 PM
i have only seen yi workouts on that espn thing is he the real deal?

Skywalker
06-13-2007, 06:01 PM
I'd take Noah.

PureElement
06-13-2007, 06:42 PM
I'd take Yi but I'm biased.

eeeeeebro
06-13-2007, 06:59 PM
lets break it down

Noah has 2 nca titles

Yi has a nike contract

Yi has a good jump shot

Noah has a crapy one that can easily be blocked

Yi is 7 feet tall and flexible like a guard

Noah is 6-10 with wild hair and legs like a deer

Yi scored 25 points 10 rebounds

Noah got 13 points 8 rebounds per

YI wins

hippos
06-13-2007, 07:03 PM
lets break it down

Noah has 2 nca titles- point?

Yi has a nike contract- point?

Yi has a good jump shot- No team is picking him based soley on his jumper.

Noah has a crapy one that can easily be blocked- Noah's shot is average, not crappy. His technique is what's crappy.

Yi is 7 feet tall and flexible like a guard- great for being a gymnast. Not going to matter much if he can't handle the ball or is fast enough to take advantage of his athleticism.

Noah is 6-10 with wild hair and legs like a deer- pointless once again.

Yi scored 25 points 10 rebounds- against 5 foot yellow people?

Noah got 13 points 8 rebounds per- on one of the most balanced teams in NCAA history.

YI loses.

I like Yi, don't get me wrong, but the reasons you gave where too vague and mostly stupid. Noah is and always will be better.

boozehound
06-13-2007, 07:21 PM
Yi. Good complement to Big Al, and can play the 5 is he gains some muscle, leaving Al to guard 4s and play on the low post without the lane getting crowded.
Yi will never play the 5 in the nba.

Fudge
06-13-2007, 07:38 PM
Yi as everyone would say.

Dude has a shot, something Noah hasn't heard of yet. He plays average defense for a player that impacts the game only on the offensive end.

Noah would come to mind for defensive purposes. His hype, energy and hustle is all based on his game style. So, actually, a bit off on the comparison, but i'm still going with Yi. Should've been Jianlian or Wright.

Rockets(T-mac)
06-13-2007, 07:44 PM
I take Yi right now. He is more versitile and has more aspects to his game. I would take Yi for my team but would be disappointed to have Noah on my team either.

RagingBull33
06-13-2007, 07:47 PM

:roll:

hippos
06-13-2007, 07:53 PM
Yi as everyone would say.

Dude has a shot, something Noah hasn't heard of yet. He plays average defense for a player that impacts the game only on the offensive end.

Noah would come to mind for defensive purposes. His hype, energy and hustle is all based on his game style. So, actually, a bit off on the comparison, but i'm still going with Yi. Should've been Jianlian or Wright.

We might as well skip all of these filler comparisons and go right for the throat.

Jianlian vs. Bargnani vs. Dirk.

Those are the closest examples of what Jianlian is expected to be like in the NBA....I just hope no one mentions the other two when talking about Yi because he'll never be close to their level.

artest 93
06-13-2007, 08:00 PM
:roll:

well theres no shame in that. at least the yellow people didnt get dethrone so badly in their very own little sport and put to shame in almost every other sport.

hippos
06-13-2007, 08:02 PM
well theres no shame in that. at least the yellow people didnt get dethrone so badly in their very own little sport and put to shame in almost every other sport.

But the Mongols raped and pillaged them. RAPED AND PILLAGED THEM I TELL YA.

That is dethroning on another level.

artest 93
06-13-2007, 08:03 PM
But the Mongols raped and pillaged them. RAPED AND PILLAGED THEM I TELL YA.

thats nice. now how many more years before all the whites go sportless.

hippos
06-13-2007, 08:07 PM
thats nice. now how many more years before all the whites go sportless.

I've only heard of the All Blacks.

Wait, there was also the Red Army....and they did fight the Whites following the Russian Revolution. Those Whites got pwned in war and in sports I bet too.

You win.:bowdown:

G-train
06-13-2007, 08:18 PM
I'd take Noah.

^^Great analysis

I'd take Jian Lian between 4 and 10 - after the obvious and Horford.

Great skills, great work ethic, and great athletiscism. Played great in games against team USA and other international comp.

Massive upside

Noah has limited skills, high energy, good athlete, good leadership, used to the American system. Sort of like a taller Malik Rose. Pick him 12-15

hippos
06-13-2007, 08:21 PM
^^Great analysis

I'd take Jian Lian between 4 and 10 - after the obvious and Horford.

Great skills, great work ethic, and great athletiscism. Played great in games against team USA and other international comp.

Massive upside

Noah has limited skills, high energy, good athlete, good leadership, used to the American system. Sort of like a taller Malik Rose. Pick him 12-15

Jianlian is one name....Yi Jianlian.:oldlol:

And Noah doesn't have a limited skill set. Maybe not all-nba in some areas, but definitely not limited.

Richie2k6
06-13-2007, 08:56 PM
I take Yi right now. He is more versitile and has more aspects to his game. I would take Yi for my team but would be disappointed to have Noah on my team either.
You mean wouldn't, right?

rknine15
06-13-2007, 09:01 PM
yi is better.....

hippos
06-13-2007, 09:05 PM
yi is better.....

Why is he better?

saKf
06-13-2007, 11:41 PM
Once again, I join hippos in defense of the recently-underrated Noah.

clayton
06-13-2007, 11:45 PM
Yi. Big, fast, any position.

saKf
06-13-2007, 11:48 PM
You mean any position called center or power forward?

Collie
06-13-2007, 11:53 PM
Noah is getting underrated... I haven't seen anything of Yi except a few youtubes that show him dunking and hitting spot up jumpers.

Noah has the disadvantage of people dissecting his game. Yi is relatively mysterious.

G-train
06-13-2007, 11:55 PM
Noah is getting underrated... I haven't seen anything of Yi except a few youtubes that show him dunking and hitting spot up jumpers.

Noah has the disadvantage of people dissecting his game. Yi is relatively mysterious.

has nobody here seen him play for China??? He was very impressive. I couldnt see Noah playing as effective, particulary against Team USA

Collie
06-14-2007, 12:04 AM
^ That's the thing... it's just a couple or so games, while we've seen Noah for two back to back NCAA titles.

I doubt a lot of people have seen more than a handful Yi games if any. That's why he's such a mysterious prospect.

aahhsin
06-14-2007, 01:09 AM
lets break it down

Noah has a crapy one that can easily be blocked- Noah's shot is average, not crappy. His technique is what's crappy.

Yi is 7 feet tall and flexible like a guard- great for being a gymnast. Not going to matter much if he can't handle the ball or is fast enough to take advantage of his athleticism.

Noah got 13 points 8 rebounds per- on one of the most balanced teams in NCAA history.

YI loses.

I like Yi, don't get me wrong, but the reasons you gave where too vague and mostly stupid. Noah is and always will be better.

anything you say will no longer be taken seriously.

hippos
06-14-2007, 01:52 AM
anything you say will no longer be taken seriously.

Wanna bet on it, God?

wang4three
06-14-2007, 02:12 AM
Noah.

G-train
06-14-2007, 02:21 AM
Noah.

because....

wally_world
06-14-2007, 09:22 AM
Out of these two , who would end up being the better player, and who would make an immediate impact? I would say Yi will ultimately be a better player than Noah, but it'll take him 3 years to develop. And who would you pick out of the two for your team

this reminds me of 2002... Yao or Amare... Yao is the choice back then and Rockets took him... but Amare turns out to be much better... i don't think Yi Jianlian is NBA-ready... he's too soft...

supraman
06-14-2007, 11:17 AM
this reminds me of 2002... Yao or Amare... Yao is the choice back then and Rockets took him... but Amare turns out to be much better... i don't think Yi Jianlian is NBA-ready... he's too soft...

Yao turned out to be better than amare, cant say the same for Yi, i have a feeling he might not be that good, Noah is probably the safer pick.

Real Men Wear Green
06-14-2007, 02:47 PM
How can anyone be sure what Jianlian will be like? I donubt anyone on this forum is an expert on whatever Chinese league he's coming from.

Y2Gezee
06-14-2007, 03:08 PM
Yi due to more upside. I don't think Noah would do much more than block shots and rebound in the league. I don't see star in him, but I can see him being a nice consistent contributor. Noah is safer, but if you get some of what Yi has the potential to be, then you're in much better shape

i seen hippos
06-14-2007, 03:12 PM
Yi due to more upside. I don't think Noah would do much more than block shots and rebound in the league. I don't see star in him, but I can see him being a nice consistent contributor. Noah is safer, but if you get some of what Yi has the potential to be, then you're in much better shape

Some of what his potential would be is like Tim Thomas. I'll take a defensive maniac who gets boards, runs the floor well and can dish on offense over Tim Thomas any day.

JohnnyBravo5
06-14-2007, 03:14 PM
All I know is that he is going to look nice in our 3 forward lineup with Smoove and Marvin. Your 2009 NBA champs

Pg- Crittenton
SG J. Johnson
SF Marvin Williams
PF Josh Smith
PF/C Yi Jianlian

The quickest team in NBA history:rockon:

Real Men Wear Green
06-14-2007, 03:16 PM
How does this guy have more "upside?" No one knows a thing about him and he won't consent to working out against other players. There is nothing anyone has said about Yi Jianlian that has not been said about Nikolov Skitishvili. With so little data to go on I don't see how people can seriously predict anything about this guy.

i seen hippos
06-14-2007, 03:22 PM
How does this guy have more "upside?" No one knows a thing about him and he won't consent to working out against other players. There is nothing anyone has said about Yi Jianlian that has not been said about Nikolov Skitishvili. With so little data to go on I don't see how people can seriously predict anything about this guy.

One thing that will help his draft stock is that he is very confident in himself, is sociable and is a hard worker.

Many times a scout will worry about a "potential" player from a different country because they can lose confidence quickly and never push themselves to be better or they can be a Chariev type and think the world is theirs without ever doing ****.

Jianlian is very confident, is "Americanized' in a sense and for a lack of a better term and knows he has to work very hard to tap into his potential. You can't groom these kinds of things into a player.

That's why Bargnani will be great too. He "knows" he'll be great and puts in the work to make it a reality. He's not a very social person, but isn't afraid of the attention either.

BlackMoses
06-14-2007, 03:35 PM
I'll take Noah in a heartbeat. Yi won't be a total bust; he'll be a solid rotation player. I could very well see Noah as one of the best role players in the game/minor star (similar to Josh Howard, Tayshaun Prince (obviously he's not a SF, but the same kind of contributor in different ways))

JohnnyBravo5
06-14-2007, 04:14 PM
I'll take Noah in a heartbeat. Yi won't be a total bust; he'll be a solid rotation player. I could very well see Noah as one of the best role players in the game/minor star (similar to Josh Howard, Tayshaun Prince (obviously he's not a SF, but the same kind of contributor in different ways))

Noah is Anderson Varajao.

eeeeeebro
06-14-2007, 04:45 PM
lets break it down

YI loses.

Any rookie that has a nike contractract is gonna get the draft edge

i seen hippos
06-14-2007, 04:52 PM

Was that a serious statement?

eeeeeebro
06-14-2007, 04:54 PM
yes sir and i'll put my cards on it next season when he does good

Agent_Zero
06-14-2007, 04:55 PM
Yi, no question.

Noah = Varejao.

i seen hippos
06-14-2007, 04:59 PM
yes sir and i'll put my cards on it next season when he does good

You're basing his future NBA success on a Nike shoe deal?

Maybe it's because I've never read any of Hawkers or the other stupid people on ISH's posts that makes this statement so shocking.

I really have never read something like this before.

I don't know what to make of it really.

I've looked at this from all angles and can only come to one conclusion.

http://www.superlaugh.com/easter/booties.gif

Agent_Zero
06-14-2007, 05:02 PM

i don't plan on using emoticons often but...

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

eeeeeebro
06-14-2007, 05:09 PM
how about before you laugh show me a player sponsored by nike that sucks. then after you find out none of them suck compare the worse one with noah and then start laughing =)

i seen hippos
06-14-2007, 05:13 PM
how about before you laugh show me a player sponsored by nike that sucks. then after you find out none of them suck compare the worse one with noah and then start laughing =)

What was your favourite game in Yi career so far? Which of those great games of his convinced Nike to sign him do you think?

eeeeeebro
06-14-2007, 05:18 PM
i am saying that i would pick a player sponsored by nike over a player like noah any day... i did not say i watch chinese sports if i did then i obviously wouldnt be an nba fan... but if you insist i have heard Yi has 3 china titles but to me china basketball is weak in comparison to usa basketball IE Olympics. The guy was averaging 25 points 10 rebounds per game....

Fudge
06-14-2007, 05:20 PM
Yi, no question.

Noah = Varejao.
And.. that's a bad thing? Noah's similar to Andy?

I agree with your take on Yi, but if that's the reason why you don't think Noah's better than thats just plain raw.

Varejao provides hustle and energy and if you don't think that's important in the league or to his team, think again.

i seen hippos
06-14-2007, 05:20 PM
i am saying that i would pick a player sponsored by nike over a player like noah any day... i did not say i watch chinese sports if i did then i obviously wouldnt be an nba fan... but if you insist i have heard Yi has 3 china titles but to me china basketball is weak in comparison to usa basketball IE Olympics. The guy was averaging 25 points 10 rebounds per game....

I already stated that 25/10 against stunted men that eat rice 24/7 (very brittle) is nothing special.

Nike isn't a scout buddy.

final.wrath
06-14-2007, 05:24 PM
lets break it down

Noah has 2 nca titles

Yi has a nike contract

Yi has a good jump shot

Noah has a crapy one that can easily be blocked

Yi is 7 feet tall and flexible like a guard

Noah is 6-10 with wild hair and legs like a deer

Yi scored 25 points 10 rebounds

Noah got 13 points 8 rebounds per

YI wins

25 points and 10 rebounds in the CBA is would be easy for most NBA lottery prospects.

eeeeeebro
06-14-2007, 05:29 PM
we can argue till we die i'll just save face and go with my intuition.
Tall bruce lee > afro thunder with deer legs

i seen hippos
06-14-2007, 05:33 PM
we can argue till we die i'll just save face and go with my intuition.
Tall bruce lee > afro thunder with deer legs

Dude, paint Jianlian black and he fits right in with those buffalo hunters in Kenya who win all of those Boston Marathons.:roll:

So there's no point dissing Noah's figure.

eeeeeebro
also 25 and 10 is good even if its in china

i seen hippos
also 25 and 10 is good even if its in china

No it's not. Pape Sow dominated the NBDL and he can't play 5 minutes in the NBA.

Da KO King
06-14-2007, 05:54 PM
Give me the asian. Even though all the comparison are saying KeVin Garnett in reality he's alot like Chris Bosh.

Has the ability to knock down shots out to about 18 feet when he's in a static position. That ability added to his quickness will allow him to drive to the basket against most of the guys that will defend him.

He will also have the same problem as Bosh. When guarded by SF's with better than average size cause he will no longer be able to get around them for a drive to the basket and doesn't have a strong enough low post game to take advantage consistently.

Da KO King
06-14-2007, 05:55 PM
No it's not. Pape Sow dominated the NBDL and he can't play 5 minutes in the NBA.
No he didn't. He had a handful of good games and that was it.

hippos
06-14-2007, 05:56 PM
No he didn't. He had a handful of good games and that was it.

Then he returned to the Raptors.

dirkdiggler41
06-14-2007, 05:58 PM
Wow. I just had a look at Yao Ming's stats from his last season in cba

32ppg (.721 FG) 19.0 rpg 2apg

Da KO King
06-14-2007, 06:02 PM
Then he returned to the Raptors.
And that has what to do with the bogus claim that Sow dominated the D-League?

i seen hippos
06-14-2007, 06:05 PM
And that has what to do with the bogus claim that Sow dominated the D-League?

He domintated the NBDL while playing in the NBDL. Simple.

Da KO King
06-14-2007, 06:12 PM
He domintated the NBDL while playing in the NBDL. Simple.
A handful of big games is domination now? :confusedshrug:

i seen hippos
06-14-2007, 06:26 PM
A handful of big games is domination now? :confusedshrug:

Yes, some of the games were huge.

Y2Gezee
06-14-2007, 06:27 PM
Some of what his potential would be is like Tim Thomas. I'll take a defensive maniac who gets boards, runs the floor well and can dish on offense over Tim Thomas any day.

He's a 7fter that can shoot, put the ball on the floor, and is very aggressive. His potential could be Dirk or KG. Also if a 7ft Tim Thomas wasn't a nut case, he'd be pretty damned good. I'd take that over a skinny Eduardo Najera like Noah could turn out to be.

Comedy Central
06-14-2007, 06:47 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5HR4sK0tl6w

Here is an interview of Yi, His English sounds pretty good. . He might practice his words before the interview but it was still very impressive for an international player who's never lived in an English speaking country . He must be quite smart and a fast learner too, I think he will get adjusted to the NBA and American life style fairly easily.

eeeeeebro
06-14-2007, 06:55 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6fVJpeo7PvE

against an NBA player

i seen hippos
06-14-2007, 07:11 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6fVJpeo7PvE

against an NBA player

Don't come in here with one clip fool. By your logic Baby Shaq should be a top 20 player next year with what he did against the US last year.

Again, I think Jianlian will not be a bust. Read my other post where I give reasons why he won't be. BUT, Noah will still be better.

Human Error
06-14-2007, 08:09 PM
I'd take Yi. Yi will never be able to defend Shaqs and Duncans in the NBA but he's a very good athlete with solid fundamentals, and has a chance to be a star in the league. Bargnani can't defend Shaq but it doesn't mean that he won't be a good player in the future.

Being a native Korean and a regular viewer of the CBA that stands for Chinese Basketball Association, I've seen Yi a lot, and I certainly know that he won't be like Skita who was very poorly coordinated. Yi actually doesn't play like Skita at all, Yi's go-to move is a turnaround jumper in the 8-10 feet range and he's deadly from there. If I had to make a comparison to a current NBA player, Pau Gasol immediately comes to mind without even thinking twice, and with some of Rasheed Wallace as well. Yi needs to be a better defender by gaining his upper body strength though as in one game I've seen him getting outplayed and outmuscled in the paint by Olumide Oyedeji.

As for Noah, I think he is an ok prospect with a shot at being a solid rotation player but I don't see him being a full-time starter in the league. His lack of post moves is one thing that will prevent me from selecting him high in the lottery.

i seen hippos
06-14-2007, 08:36 PM
the CBA that stands for Chinese Basketball Association,

Are you serious?

Human Error
06-14-2007, 08:46 PM
Are you serious?
Yes, why not? CBA is the 2nd most watched basketball league in the world, and lots of former NBA players have played there, ie Chris Porter, Roy Tarpley etc.

i seen hippos
06-14-2007, 08:47 PM
No, it's just funny that you thought you needed to tell us what CBA stood for.

Human Error
06-14-2007, 08:50 PM
No, it's just funny that you thought you needed to tell us what CBA stood for.
Ah, ok. :cheers:

G-train
06-14-2007, 08:51 PM
I'd take Yi. Yi will never be able to defend Shaqs and Duncans in the NBA but he's a very good athlete with solid fundamentals, and has a chance to be a star in the league. Bargnani can't defend Shaq but it doesn't mean that he won't be a good player in the future.

Being a native Korean and a regular viewer of the CBA that stands for Chinese Basketball Association, I've seen Yi a lot, and I certainly know that he won't be like Skita who was very poorly coordinated. Yi actually doesn't play like Skita at all, Yi's go-to move is a turnaround jumper in the 8-10 feet range and he's deadly from there. If I had to make a comparison to a current NBA player, Pau Gasol immediately comes to mind without even thinking twice, and with some of Rasheed Wallace as well. Yi needs to be a better defender by gaining his upper body strength though as in one game I've seen him getting outplayed and outmuscled in the paint by Olumide Oyedeji.

As for Noah, I think he is an ok prospect with a shot at being a solid rotation player but I don't see him being a full-time starter in the league. His lack of post moves is one thing that will prevent me from selecting him high in the lottery.

Human Error this is an informed intelligent post that I agree with

by the way he said Chinese bball assoc. so we knew he wasnt refering to the 73 other CBA's in the world

Human Error
06-14-2007, 09:13 PM
by the way he said Chinese bball assoc. so we knew he wasnt refering to the 73 other CBA's in the world
I find this hilarious. WTH was I thinking? :hammerhead:

VeeCee15
06-25-2007, 02:42 AM
I would draft Yi.

Better Athlete..more marketable. Longer, taller.

DieHardCeltics
06-25-2007, 12:09 PM
Yi. Big, fast, any position.

ahh yess just the way i like my girls hehhe:pimp:

VeeCee15
06-26-2007, 11:45 PM
Yi reminds me quite a bit of Kevin Garnett.

Go look at some KG videos and compare their athleticism.

I would say that both aren't SUPER FAST (like amare fast) but are definately elite for their size.

Similar hops....

Similar turnaround jumpshots

sammdogg
06-27-2007, 01:33 AM
Yi= Weak.
Noah= Ugly.

I say niether.

WhiteMosɘs
06-27-2007, 02:34 AM
noah seems kinda like a ball of energy but not so great at anything else IMO, hopefully he proves me wrong

skan72
06-27-2007, 03:17 AM
I hate Noah and the way he plays, so Yi any day of the week.

Lebron23
06-27-2007, 08:35 AM
Jianlian Yi (EE TEE-an-LEE-an)
Full Name: Yi Jianlian
Position: Forward
Height/Weight: 7-1 / 238
Birthdate: October 27, 1987 (He Shan, Guang Dong, China)
High School:

Team: Guandong Southern Tigers (China)

Guandong - Chinese Basketball Association (CBA)

Season G GS FGM FGA PCT FTM FTA PCT 3PM 3PA PCT REB AST STL BL PTS AVG

2003-04 28 0 106 205 .517 0 0 .741 0 0 165 14 20 15 271 9.70
2004-05 53 0 346 609 .568 0 0 .717 0 0 .308 541 74 87 75 889 16.8
2005-06 52 52 403 701 .574 246 326 .754 5 13 .384 503 63 104 69 1067 20.5
2006-07 39 39 359 613 .585 222 272 .816 11 56 .196 450 42 74 70 973 24.9
Totals 172 91 1214 2128 .570 468 598 .783 16 69 .232 1659 193 285 229 3200 18.6

An early entry candidate for the 2007 NBA Draft.

Career Highlights: Has competed in the last five Chinese Basketball Association (CBA) Finals, and won titles in 2004, 2005 and 2006. Earned Finals MVP in 2006. Competed for the Chinese National Team at the 2004 Olympics and 2006 FIBA World Championship. Earned CBA Rookie of the Year in 2003.

(2006-07): Averaged 24.9 points, 11.5 rebounds and 1.8 blocks in 30.7 minutes per game in the CBA for Guandong. Posted 20 points and 23 rebounds vs. Zhe Jiang, a season-high 42 points (18-for-23 FGs) and 13 rebounds vs. Shanghai, 31 points and 18 rebounds vs. Shandong, 40 points (17-for-26 FGs) and 13 rebounds vs. Beijing, 35 points and 12 rebounds vs. Liao Ning, 38 points (14-for-19 FGs) and 10 rebounds vs. Shanghai, and 32 points (14-for-18 FGs) and 17 rebounds vs. Shanghai. Led Guandong to the CBA Finals, losing in five games to Bayi.

(2005-06): Averaged 20.5 points, 9.7 rebounds and 1.3 blocks per game for Guandong. Led his team to a CBA title and earned Finals MVP. Competed for China National Team at the 2006 FIBA World Championship. Averaged 13.5 points and 8.0 rebounds per game against the USA in two games, one of which was an exhibition contest.

(2004-05): Averaged 16.8 points, 10.2 rebounds and 1.4 blocks for Guandong in his third season in the CBA.

(2003-04): Averaged 9.7 points and 5.9 rebounds for Guandong. Competed at the 2004 Olympic Games for the Chinese National Team.

(2002-03): Averaged 3.5 points and 1.9 rebounds in seven minutes per game as a CBA Rookie. Posted 7.3 points and 7.3 rebounds over four Finals games. Earned CBA Rookie of the Year honors. At the 2003 Junior World Championships, posted 18.9 points, 11.5 rebounds and 1.6 blocks per game. Participated at the 2002 adidas All-American ABCD Camp in Teaneck, N.J., playing against U.S. All-American high school players.

Strengths: An athletic power forward with excellent quickness and jumping ability. Has a good mid-range jumper and a nice drop step in the low post. Has very good hands. Showed improved assertiveness this past season.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
06-27-2007, 08:01 PM
Yi Wins this one.

Kiddlovesnets
06-27-2007, 09:15 PM
If you want more income and fans, pick Yi.
If you want more championships and rings, pick Noah.

lemondude
06-28-2007, 12:48 AM
so, noah = rings?

You realize even James doesn't = rings

final.wrath
06-28-2007, 01:16 AM
[QUOTE=Lebron23]Jianlian Yi (EE TEE-an-LEE-an)
Birthdate: October 27, 1987 (He Shan, Guang Dong, China)

Actually Yi told Shane Battier he was 23 at the world games. Since the Chinese count the 9 months in the womb as a year, that means he is at least 22 already.

Admiral
06-28-2007, 03:05 PM

are you sure nike isn't just..whats the word...excited...to ink a deal with a prominent chinese basketball player about to enter the largest basketball association to sell shoes to the 1 billion person market that is china...china...the basketball loving country that is about to have its second major chinese name in said largest basketball market?

or do you really think nike executives like his game?

i'm gonna go out on a limb and say its about the shoes...

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
06-28-2007, 04:03 PM
Noah's a proven winnier.

Yi is the better player.

Noah brings Energy and Rebounds.

Yi brings Scoring.

iggy_needs_help
06-29-2007, 08:09 PM
Definately Yi. He will be very hard to guard because of his size and athletic ability. It might take him a year or two to get acclimated but in the long run a much better player.

TyCobbFan1
06-29-2007, 09:58 PM
Does anyone see Yi getting traded to Boston?

iggy_needs_help
06-30-2007, 04:26 PM
Does anyone see Yi getting traded to Boston?

Danny Ainge had the chance to draft Yi but instead traded for Ray Allen.:applause:

What a dumbass! Yi could've helped them a lot but Ainge obviosly doesn't think so.

Kiddlovesnets
06-30-2007, 07:16 PM
I'm correct with my prediction.
Bucks want money and market, so they picked Yi Jianlian
Bulls want championships and rings, therefore they drafted Noah.

Secondtry
06-30-2007, 09:01 PM
I already stated that 25/10 against stunted men that eat rice 24/7 (very brittle) is nothing special.

A few problems with this comment.

1. Half of the Chinese population (northern Chinese) don't eat rice.

2. CBA players are very tall. Many are taller than NBA players. Some are also extremely strong (such as Tang Zhengdong)

Lebron23
07-01-2007, 11:38 AM
Yi can play in the League; this summer in the FIBA World Basketball Championships, when the USA played China, Coach K of Duke, aka the best college coach in the US, said that Yi will be great. Look it up. And as for competition, why do you think US college players are playing against good comptition? 95%+ of US college players will never sniff the NBA.

Team China
07-01-2007, 11:46 AM
Dude just cause some Chinese players eat rice doesn't mean they're weak! When Mengke Bateer entered the NBA he was considered on of the strongest center(6'11'' 310lbs) in the league although he didn't see much playing time since he's slow! Plus the Chinese National team is taller at EVERY position when matched up with the US.

Team China
07-01-2007, 11:48 AM
The CBA has quite a few big American centers actually.

InfiniteBaskets
07-02-2007, 04:15 PM
And.. that's a bad thing? Noah's similar to Andy?

I agree with your take on Yi, but if that's the reason why you don't think Noah's better than thats just plain raw.

Varejao provides hustle and energy and if you don't think that's important in the league or to his team, think again.

I agree. The best Noah can possibly be if he keeps progressing at his current rate will be Varejao, which would be a very good thing for whatever team has him. Vaerjao was a huge part in the Cavs shut down defense they played on their run to the finals. Not enough credit for the Cavs success has been given to their defense, which doesn't showcase LBJ as their star, but it showcases their entire team.

Still, Yi for me. The guy was able to average 13 ppg against a team of USA stars. He speaks his english very well for an international player, proving he's got some sort of intelligence. Maybe that'll help him get adjusted to the NBA. Also, I feel as though Yi's game will be much different than what most NBA players are used to for a PF. Once Yi learns to use that to his advantage he should be a solid starter if not more.

yall's G8r bait
07-09-2007, 05:22 PM
lets break it down

Noah is 6-10 with wild hair and legs like a deer-hes 6-11

Yi scored 25 points 10 rebounds-only real star in Chinese league

Noah got 13 points 8 rebounds per-on a SHARING team...every one on our team got over ten points so hes a proven passer as well

Noah wins

Human Error
12-22-2007, 01:28 AM
Noah's a proven winnier.
"Proven winner" is probably the most overrated word in sport. Noah didn't win by himself, he wasn't even the 2nd best Gator for 2 consecutive years. If it was a typo for "proven whiner" it would be ok though.

Human Error
12-22-2007, 01:30 AM
I'm correct with my prediction.
Bucks want money and market, so they picked Yi Jianlian
Bulls want championships and rings, therefore they drafted Noah.
Noah is a career backup.