PDA

View Full Version : Dino Radja......

TheReturnofCed
07-09-2006, 07:28 AM
http://espn.go.com/i/magazine/new/dino_radja.jpg

Why did Dino quit? Was it that crappy trade that would've sent him to Philadelphia for Clarence Weatherspoon? He was pretty underrated playing for the Celtics, I don't know why they tried to trade him for that fat piece of crap.

http://www.eurobasket.com/images/CRO/Radja_Dino.jpg

JtotheIzzo
07-09-2006, 08:35 AM
Spoon had more upside, Celtics were tired of white stiffs

Suns4Life
07-09-2006, 09:08 AM
He has a pizza stand in the west villlage

JtotheIzzo
07-09-2006, 09:10 AM
like I said, more upside

Psileas
07-09-2006, 09:13 AM
Spoon had more upside, Celtics were tired of white stiffs

16.7 ppg, 8.4 rpg. Radja was far from a stiff. Maybe you mistook him for Matt Wenstrom or Brad "Big Bird" Lo(l)haus.

sixty
07-09-2006, 09:13 AM
Celtics were tired of white stiffs

Explain Dickau, Scalabrine?

I think Dino is great, I met him once in person...

Psileas
07-09-2006, 09:14 AM
And to answer the question, he was 37 with hurting knees when he retired. He could still play, but retiring was wiser for his health.

JtotheIzzo
07-09-2006, 09:20 AM
And to answer the question, he was 37 with hurting knees when he retired. He could still play, but retiring was wiser for his health.

Thank you Psileas for defining the true meaning of stiff.

Dino had his time, but being 37 with bad wheels kind of makes you a stiff, some people (wrongfully so) compared Spoon to Barkley, why not take a chance, Dino wasnt going to be around much longer.

And I am sure he was a nice guy

TheReturnofCed
07-09-2006, 09:22 AM

No I was wondering why he left the NBA, he was pretty good.

TheReturnofCed
07-09-2006, 09:23 AM

Dino had his time, but being 37 with bad wheels kind of makes you a stiff, some people (wrongfully so) compared Spoon to Barkley, why not take a chance, Dino wasnt going to be around much longer.

And I am sure he was a nice guy

He left the NBA at 29. Not 37. I'd rather a prime Dino than a garbage Spoon.

JtotheIzzo
07-09-2006, 09:30 AM
You obviously know a lot about Dino Radja

how many times did he play the full 82 games? Let say never.

how many times did he come close? Lets say never.

How many times did he play less than 65% of the Cs games? Lets say every year except one.

What would you call a guy who cant stay in shape or healthy?....

Psileas
07-09-2006, 09:34 AM

Then I'll take a "stiff" over many other players. Actually, I answered why Radja retired from basketball, not the NBA. Maybe the reason was that he could find better contracts in Europe (remember, the early to mid-90's NBA didn't offer the sums it does today). At 29, he was still pretty healthy.

TheReturnofCed
07-09-2006, 09:36 AM
You obviously know a lot about Dino Radja

how many times did he play the full 82 games? Let say never.

how many times did he come close? Lets say never.

How many times did he play less than 65% of the Cs games? Lets say every year except one.

What would you call a guy who cant stay in shape or healthy?....

TMAC?

Yet he played another 8 seasons in Europe. So he was healthy enough for that.

JtotheIzzo
07-09-2006, 09:39 AM
I like the Cs, and Dino, but the dude was injured a lot.

Probably why he went back to Europe because NBA squads werent willing to gamble on his health (no fat pay day), and wouldn't give him the kind of money that his celebrity status (I assume) would in Europe. Less of a grind in the Euro leagues too with shorter seasons.

I think he played like 25 games his last season in Boston.

Spoon had a pretty long career, it wasnt that bad a trade.

TheReturnofCed
07-09-2006, 09:41 AM
I like the Cs, and Dino, but the dude was injured a lot.

Probably why he went back to Europe because NBA squads werent willing to gamble on his health (no fat pay day), and wouldn't give him the kind of money that his celebrity status (I assume) would in Europe. Less of a grind in the Euro leagues too with shorter seasons.

I think he played like 25 games his last season in Boston.

Spoon had a pretty long career, it wasnt that bad a trade.

Yep cool analysis :)

But I'm still wondering what were the exact events of the situation? Did he refuse to report to the 76ers?

JtotheIzzo
07-09-2006, 09:43 AM
I think he failed a physical and voided the trade that would have sent Spoon and Michael Cage to Boston.

Spoon never did play for Boston.

G.O.P
07-09-2006, 09:46 AM
I really liked the way Dino played, I don't see how he can be called a stiff from anyone. He was one'a the players I always rooted against when my team would play him, and one'a the ones I'd root for when Miami weren't playin them.

belko
07-09-2006, 09:52 AM
Nice to see Dino getting some love. He was pretty big deal where I come from(ex Yougoslavia). Him and Kukoc used to cause havoc.

GOBB
07-09-2006, 09:54 AM
Dino was ok but nothing to write home about. Spoon was much better.

TheReturnofCed
07-09-2006, 09:58 AM
Dino was ok but nothing to write home about. Spoon was much better.
Do you even watch NBA? How many Radja games did you watch GOBB? How old were you when Radja played, 35/36?

Weatherspoon was rubbish, He had two good seasons, his rookie year and his sophmore year, after that he was absolute garbage. A 54 year old Radja is more effective than a 30 year old Spoon.

GOBB
07-09-2006, 10:01 AM
Dino couldnt even play 1 full season and played defense at the 4 spot like his last name was Webber.

*stamps Fragile goods on Dino*
*return to sender*

TheReturnofCed
07-09-2006, 10:11 AM
Dino couldnt even play 1 full season and played defense at the 4 spot like his last name was Webber.

*stamps Fragile goods on Dino*
*return to sender*

Ha, you haven't even seen Dino, you can't comment. How can you watch NBA games in prison? Tell me that.

GOBB
07-09-2006, 10:34 AM
You seem bitter. Cant talk about Dino so you resort to that nonsense.

TheReturnofCed
07-09-2006, 10:44 AM
You seem bitter. Cant talk about Dino so you resort to that nonsense.

Nope I'm GOBB, I am trying to find holes in posters' logic. Nobody could have possible seen Michael Jordan play, can't comment.

Dude a large majority of your posts are complete nonsense. I'll stop replying to you now, because you are just trying to up your post count in flame wars. The funniest thing is I can go much longer than you in these things, it's been proven at old ISH how many times Ced owned GOBB.

GOBB
07-09-2006, 10:48 AM
Only getting 1 game a week i just wonder how you were able to see Dino Radja play, and Clarence Weatherspoon to make the statements you did. Spoon was better and he lasted longer. Dino is playing for some team I cant pronounce in a gym that smells like ass, onions, gyros and rotten eggs.

TheReturnofCed
07-09-2006, 10:55 AM
Only getting 1 game a week i just wonder how you were able to see Dino Radja play, and Clarence Weatherspoon to make the statements you did. Spoon was better and he lasted longer. Dino is playing for some team I cant pronounce in a gym that smells like ass, onions, gyros and rotten eggs.

You base this on?

GOBB, you don't appreciate others making racist comments towards you, so I suggest you don't make your typical "onions" European joke, it's old.

By the time Radja was playing we were getting two-three games a week. Celtics got a bit of airtime, and I didn't even need to see 76er games to make a statement about Weatherspoon, he was a tub-o-lard. Corliss Williamson without the post game. Basically Bo Outlaw.

If you ask everyone on the board who is better Radja or Weatherspoon, what do you think the general consensus will be?

P.S. Hows the trailer home? I remember awhile ago you said your 'Mom" was making you move out. Did you find a place?

JtotheIzzo
07-09-2006, 11:27 AM
If you compare their stats (during the seasons that Dino played in the NBA), it is a toss up, they have the same production. But Spoon played complete seasons and went on to play for like 15 years total, as I posted earlier Dino never came close to a full season and played in like 25 games in his third and final season.

The Corliss without a post game comment is well out of order

TheReturnofCed
07-09-2006, 11:31 AM
If you compare their stats (during the seasons that Dino played in the NBA), it is a toss up, they have the same production. But Spoon played complete seasons and went on to play for like 15 years total, as I posted earlier Dino never came close to a full season and played in like 25 games in his third and final season.

The Corliss without a post game comment is well out of order

Weatherspoon is end of the bench fodder, and anyone that thinks otherwise is a moron. How many games did those Phily teams win with Weatherspoon stat-whoring? Was he ever on a winning team with a prominent role?

If we are going to compare players like this (factoring injuries), I am entitled to say Morris Peterson is a better player than Grant Hill. :rollingeyes:

JtotheIzzo
07-09-2006, 11:41 AM
Dino Radja played four playoff games in his NBA career so what did he do for his team ?????????????

GOBB
07-09-2006, 11:50 AM
CED is exposing his lack of knowledge on the two players. Thats what happens when you talk out of your ass knowing you hardly watched these players play. I love how he admits he didnt see Spoon much if at all but goes on to call people morons if they cant see he was BENCH FODDER/End of the bench material. He had the nerve to ask me with his inital post "what do you base this on" but posts that? Gotta love posters who talk out thier ass. Keep tying CED you are exposing yourself as a fool who doesnt have a clue about what is being debated. You're ignorant.

GOBB
07-09-2006, 11:51 AM
Dino Radja played four playoff games in his NBA career so what did he do for his team ?????????????

:roll: Grab a gyro bro, you're gonna be in for a wacky reply to that. Watch

TheReturnofCed
07-09-2006, 12:05 PM
CED is exposing his lack of knowledge on the two players. Thats what happens when you talk out of your ass knowing you hardly watched these players play. I love how he admits he didnt see Spoon much if at all but goes on to call people morons if they cant see he was BENCH FODDER/End of the bench material. He had the nerve to ask me with his inital post "what do you base this on" but posts that? Gotta love posters who talk out thier ass. Keep tying CED you are exposing yourself as a fool who doesnt have a clue about what is being debated. You're ignorant.

You love me and you know it. Anyone that is debating that Weatherspoon was more than bench fodder is an idiot. Spoon is a 6'6" (at best) power forward with no offensive game to speak of, and questionable defense. No perimeter game either, all he had was athleticism in his younger days and 6 fouls.

GOBB has a new best friend, the wee GOBBster. How cute.

Now I'd like both of you to debate that Corliss Williamson is equal to Pau Gasol.

JtotheIzzo
07-09-2006, 12:11 PM
Spoon averaged over 18ppg twice and over 15ppg twice, most of it during the time your boy Dino was in the NBA, not bad for a guy with no offensive game.

I just hate the fact I gotta keep pointing all this crap out to you, I feel like I am doing Dino a disservice.

Does everyone in NZ talk out their rear ends? Is that where the down under comes from?

a hint:

open a new window on your browser and check stats before your butt can get to the keyboard to type out some more garbage.

GOBB
07-09-2006, 12:28 PM
Spoon averaged over 18ppg twice and over 15ppg twice, most of it during the time your boy Dino was in the NBA, not bad for a guy with no offensive game.

I just hate the fact I gotta keep pointing all this crap out to you, I feel like I am doing Dino a disservice.

Does everyone in NZ talk out their rear ends? Is that where the down under comes from?

a hint:

open a new window on your browser and check stats before your butt can get to the keyboard to type out some more garbage.

:applause: :roll:

TheReturnofCed
07-09-2006, 12:43 PM

a hint:

Buddy, I know his stats. Stats mean jack. I wouldn't make an assumption about people from the States based on your idiocy.
Ben Wallace averaged 9ppg for 2 seasons, you gonna tell me he has offensive game? What about Mutumbo? He averaged 16ppg as a rookie. You gonna tell me he has offensive game?

Get a life newbie, you have no clue. But there is hope for you, GOBB is cosying up to you to get you to paypal him money, so he can pay his bookie.

MaxFly
07-09-2006, 12:43 PM
Dino Raja was the man... Even though the Celtics generally struggled during his tenure here in Boston, it was still a pleasure to have him and watch him play... Pleasant times...

TheReturnofCed
07-09-2006, 12:57 PM
Dino Raja was the man... Even though the Celtics generally struggled during his tenure here in Boston, it was still a pleasure to have him and watch him play... Pleasant times...

He just needed the right pieces around him. He was by no means a star player, but a good 3rd fiddle with the right players around him. He would work well witha defensive center like Camby and Paul Pierce. Thats a certain playoff team. As oppossed to Spoon who would only make for a bench warmer on a playoff team, or starting beside somebody like Shaq or Ewing. Somebody to cover up all his defencies.

GOBB
07-09-2006, 01:02 PM
Somebody to cover up all his defencies.

Which are?

JtotheIzzo
07-09-2006, 01:08 PM
Buddy, I know his stats. Stats mean jack. I wouldn't make an assumption about people from the States based on your idiocy.
Ben Wallace averaged 9ppg for 2 seasons, you gonna tell me he has offensive game? What about Mutumbo? He averaged 16ppg as a rookie. You gonna tell me he has offensive game?

Get a life newbie, you have no clue. But there is hope for you, GOBB is cosying up to you to get you to paypal him money, so he can pay his bookie.

Anyone who scored over 18ppg twice in the NBA has an offensive game.

Not 'no offense whatsoever' or however you and your infinite knowledge phrased it. But I guess I need a clue.

Your above response is laughable, I appreciate the entertainment value of your posts.

TheReturnofCed
07-09-2006, 01:08 PM
Which are?

-Reliable 12 foor jumpshot
-man to man defense
-post game
-passing out of the post

GOBB
07-09-2006, 01:09 PM
-Reliable 12 foor jumpshot
-man to man defense
-post game
-passing out of the post

So how did he score and avg what he did?

TheReturnofCed
07-09-2006, 01:12 PM

Not 'no offense whatsoever' or however you and your infinite knowledge phrased it. But I guess I need a clue.

Your above response is laughable, I appreciate the entertainment value of your posts.

Should we call it "limited offensive game"? Like Joe Smith. He scored 18ppg. Probably the best comparison for him, but Smith can hit open jumpers, and is the size of a starting power forward.

I never said I had "infinite knowledge", I'm just not trying to kid myself like you, by delusionally thinking Spoon is some sort of offensive force.

TheReturnofCed
07-09-2006, 01:18 PM
So how did he score and avg what he did?

Offensive rebound put backs. Dunks. A little bit of back to the basketwork ala Charles Barkley, but with a limited reportaire. Basically scores and rebounds on will and physical strength. Was a good man to man and helpside defender when he was younger and had athleticism.

JtotheIzzo
07-09-2006, 01:21 PM
Ced crashed his escalade into a parked car while driving drunk and watching a Dino Radja highlight video

TheReturnofCed
07-09-2006, 01:23 PM
Ced crashed his escalade into a parked car while driving drunk and watching a Dino Radja highlight video

If I knew who you were, I'd take the time to make a funny post with pictures etc etc etc. But you're a nobody, so I'll leave it at that.

GOBB
07-09-2006, 01:24 PM
Offensive rebound put backs. Dunks. A little bit of back to the basketwork ala Charles Barkley, but with a limited reportaire. Basically scores and rebounds on will and physical strength. Was a good man to man and helpside defender when he was younger and had athleticism.

Dunks???

And how do you know all of that if you didnt see him play? Osmosis? :confusedshrug:

What did Dino Radja do? What were his defeciencies?

TheReturnofCed
07-09-2006, 01:29 PM
Dunks???

And how do you know all of that if you didnt see him play? Osmosis? :confusedshrug:

What did Dino Radja do? What were his defeciencies?

Why don't you tell me?

You seem to be an informative fan. You're always spewing out plenty of basketball information. :rollingeyes:

JtotheIzzo
07-09-2006, 01:29 PM
If I knew who you were, I'd take the time to make a funny post with pictures etc etc etc. But you're a nobody, so I'll leave it at that.

Ced's a bit of a message board snob.

Hating on the new guy, cuz he pointed out the flaws in Ced's argument.

IS that anyway for a veteran like yourself to be a good role model?

TheReturnofCed
07-09-2006, 01:32 PM
Ced's a bit of a message board snob.

Hating on the new guy, cuz he pointed out the flaws in Ced's argument.

IS that anyway for a veteran like yourself to be a good role model?

There's no flaws in my argument, I've told you what I see.

If you think that a player that scores 18ppg has an offensive game, good on you, your the one living in fairy land.

GOBB
07-09-2006, 01:36 PM

CED read this again, then flip yourside rightside up so you can give your butt cheeks a rest. They have been typing all day long.

CED you didnt see Spoon play. You damn sure didnt se him play in Philly. You saw limited action of Dino Radja. Why try to pretend you know what you are typing? Obviously you dont with the comments you say about Spoon.

Jerm
07-09-2006, 01:39 PM
Ced is getting owned majorly in this thread. No wonder he proposes those ugly trades; he has no knowledge of the game whatsoever. :roll:

JtotheIzzo
07-09-2006, 01:39 PM

If you think that a player that scores 18ppg has an offensive game, good on you, your the one living in fairy land.

CED

clear
extensive
disillusionment

YES! If you score 18ppg you have an offensive game, a pretty ****ing sweet one to be honest.

Jason Terry, Shaq, Manu Ginobilli, Chauncy Billups, Mike Bibby and Josh Howard all scored 18 or less this season. Does their offensive games only in only exist in fairyland.

I think you may be drunk or high right now, because nobody could possibly argue the points you are trying to.

TheReturnofCed
07-09-2006, 01:41 PM
CED

clear
extensive
disillusionment

YES! If you score 18ppg you have an offensive game, a pretty ****ing sweet one to be honest.

Jason Terry, Shaq, Manu Ginobilli, Chauncy Billups, Mike Bibby and Josh Howard all scored 18 or less this season. Does their offensive games only in only exist in fairyland.

I think you may be drunk or high right now, because nobody could possibly argue the points you are trying to.

Tell me the extent of Spoon's offensive game from your perspective.

Bo Outlaw has had 40+ point games in summer league, what do you read into that?

Shawn Marion is also a good comparison, what offensive game does he have?

GOBB
07-09-2006, 01:43 PM

WTF? He was drafted outta colllge because he was a bigtime scorer. And he PROVED he was a scorer in the NBA. How the phuck do you avg 18 and not have an offensive game?

JtotheIzzo
07-09-2006, 01:46 PM

You start off talking about 'summer league' (say like Allen Iverson's famous 'practice' quote, it will have the impact needed to the ludicricy in the above quote) -that's just sad.

And then you hate on Matrix, a guy who regularly drops thirty for a back to back conference finalist.

Can I order any seeds on the internet from that New Zealand dank you are smoking?

I am almost of the impression that you are part of some elaborate joke that one of my friends is playing on me because your arguments are just that BAD

TheReturnofCed
07-09-2006, 01:47 PM
CED read this again, then flip yourside rightside up so you can give your butt cheeks a rest. They have been typing all day long.

A very limited offesnive game. Put backs and garbage points.

CED you didnt see Spoon play. You damn sure didnt se him play in Philly. You saw limited action of Dino Radja. Why try to pretend you know what you are typing? Obviously you dont with the comments you say about Spoon.

I saw Dino play a bit in Boston, enough to know what sort of a player he was. And I've seen plenty of Weatherspoon later on at Cleveland, New York and Houston. He has power, that he doesn't always use, and I can imagine what he played like with athleticism.

Ced is getting owned majorly in this thread. No wonder he proposes those ugly trades; he has no knowledge of the game whatsoever.

^Makes no sense, and Jerm you're a fool. GOBB rides you pretty hard, and here you are trying to make the white stuff come out of his twinky(mini).
I don't get owned, I haven't been owned by anyone yet. Old ISH or New ISH.

GOBB
07-09-2006, 01:49 PM
Spoon avg 16ppg, 18ppg 18ppg, 17ppg as a Sixer. Yet had no offensive game.

A powerful rebounder and proven scorer, Clarence Weatherspoon turned in four solid seasons for the Philadelphia 76ers before tailing off a bit in 1996-97. Midway through the 1997-98 campaign he was dealt to the Golden State Warriors, but he signed with the Miami Heat as a free agent and provided valuable depth in 1998-99even though his scoring average of 8.1 ppg was the lowest of his career.

Guess they are in fairyland as well (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/clarence_weatherspoon/bio.html)

You want more links that prove Spoon not only came outta college a scorer, he entered the league and for 4yrs as a Sixer proved he was a scorer! You cant avg that and not have an offensive game. You didnt see Spoon play which you admitted so how can you sit here and DEFEND he wasnt a scorer?

Oh I get it you are giving us the Spoon at the tailend of his career. You're lookin at Spoon when he played for the Rockets and Knicks and basing your silly assessment on that. You have to be because no sane mofo would type the nonsense you are spewing kid.

How many games has New Zealand extended the people to view per week? 5 now? :rollingeyes:

HALLandOATES
07-09-2006, 01:50 PM
Every thread I see Jerm always backing up Gobb, I don't know if you had a father or not but seek one somewhere else.

TheReturnofCed
07-09-2006, 01:52 PM
WTF? He was drafted outta colllge because he was a bigtime scorer. And he PROVED he was a scorer in the NBA. How the phuck do you avg 18 and not have an offensive game?

Big time college scorers don't always translate into the NBA. In Spoon's case his points left the day the athleticism left.

A rebounder, and thats about it. Used to score by force, Shaq mini. No offensive game except for put backs and dunks.

I'd like to hear otherwise. Neither of you have proved your point yet. You both happily disagree with me, but refuse to enlighten me on your own Spoon perspectives.

GOBB
07-09-2006, 01:53 PM

Wait you went from Bo Outlaw in summer league (where, why, how did you get those stats? Google.com??) to Shawn Marion? Then say Shawn Marion has no offensive game? :roll: Only in your world can you avg 20ppg and not have any offensive game. I guess Shawn Marion has the highest scoring avg of any non offensive game having mofo? Or is there someone else? Let me know. :applause:

GOBB
07-09-2006, 01:55 PM
Big time college scorers don't always translate into the NBA. In Spoon's case his points left the day the athleticism left.

A rebounder, and thats about it. Used to score by force, Shaq mini. No offensive game except for put backs and dunks.

I'd like to hear otherwise. Neither of you have proved your point yet. You both happily disagree with me, but refuse to enlighten me on your own Spoon perspectives.

You're WRONG. You never saw Spoon play then and here is proof of that...

CED reply earlier...

By the time Radja was playing we were getting two-three games a week. Celtics got a bit of airtime, and I didn't even need to see 76er games to make a statement about Weatherspoon,

Game over.

TheReturnofCed
07-09-2006, 01:56 PM
Spoon avg 16ppg, 18ppg 18ppg, 17ppg as a Sixer. Yet had no offensive game.

Guess they are in fairyland as well (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/clarence_weatherspoon/bio.html)

You want more links that prove Spoon not only came outta college a scorer, he entered the league and for 4yrs as a Sixer proved he was a scorer! You cant avg that and not have an offensive game. You didnt see Spoon play which you admitted so how can you sit here and DEFEND he wasnt a scorer?

Oh I get it you are giving us the Spoon at the tailend of his career. You're lookin at Spoon when he played for the Rockets and Knicks and basing your silly assessment on that.

And what did he do to get those points GOBB? I want to hear your opinion, not nba.com's. What did you see GOBB?

JtotheIzzo
07-09-2006, 01:58 PM
Ced,

Go back and read the entire thread before posting again.

You'll see how silly you've become

TheReturnofCed
07-09-2006, 01:59 PM
You're WRONG. You never saw Spoon play then and here is proof of that...

CED reply earlier...

Game over.

Never said I have seen Weatherspoon as a 6er. I'd like to hear your thoughts on him mate.

TheReturnofCed
07-09-2006, 02:02 PM
Ced,

Go back and read the entire thread before posting again.

You'll see how silly you've become

How silly? I haven't heard a single subjective view from either you or GOBB based on viewing Spoon as a 76er. All I have been fed is stats. I know his stats, and I know what type of player he is. I guess I just understand basketball better than the both of you morons.

GOBB
07-09-2006, 02:04 PM
Never said I have seen Weatherspoon as a 6er.

Then how can you sit here and TALK OUT YOUR RECTUM about Spoon not having an offensive game? You completely lost your mind.

You never saw Spoon play and never implied nor said it in any posts. Yet you sat here and talked about Spoon deficiencies, what they were, what he didnt have, what he couldnt do and what he was "a fat tub of lard, back of the bench fodder". :applause:

JtotheIzzo
07-09-2006, 02:08 PM
I guess so Ced, especially in your world where 18ppg aint ****. Hell that is a world where teams average 200ppg, but stats are useless when compared to personal opinions based on limited viewings of someone late in their 15 year career, a fantasy world. I bet you think Kareem, Walton and a bunch of other people who played longer then they should have sucked too hun Ced, cuz you saw em at the end of their careers

TheReturnofCed
07-09-2006, 02:10 PM
Then how can you sit here and TALK OUT YOUR RECTUM about Spoon not having an offensive game? You completely lost your mind.

You never saw Spoon play and never implied nor said it in any posts. Yet you sat here and talked about Spoon deficiencies, what they were, what he didnt have, what he couldnt do and what he was "a fat tub of lard, back of the bench fodder". :applause:

I still back those statements.

If we are looking at this fro ma debating perspective, neither of you two e-diots have proven anything. Your argument is based o ntrying to discredit me, but no information has come form either of you. As it stands, I'd take my scouting report on Spoon either both of yous, because you haven't submitted one. I assume you are both talking out your @sses, because you have both failed to tell what Spoon's "offensive" game is.:confusedshrug:

JtotheIzzo
07-09-2006, 02:11 PM
for the record I remember Spoon well as a Sixer, I still cant get the image of those ugly rainbow unis out of my head.

All rookie second team (typical for end of the bench fodder?)
finisher on the break (typical for a fat tub of lard hun Ced?)
Great rebounder
Active defender who blocked shots
post up or penetrate
not a 3 point threat though, but at 6'7" 270 you want him in the middle

JtotheIzzo
07-09-2006, 02:14 PM
I still back those statements.

If we are looking at this fro ma debating perspective, neither of you two e-diots have proven anything. Your argument is based o ntrying to discredit me, but no information has come form either of you. As it stands, I'd take my scouting report on Spoon either both of yous, because you haven't submitted one. I assume you are both talking out your @sses, because you have both failed to tell what Spoon's "offensive" game is.:confusedshrug:

how can we be talking out our ass when web links and facts and statistics from the real world, not your opinion based world have been provided

you are arguing that your opnions trump facts

Salto Morale
07-09-2006, 02:16 PM
Ceds right Gobb and JtotheIzzo it feels like both of you are talking out of you're asses . I remember Weatherspoons game very well, he was a good but not great rebounder for such a short guy and he had a monster 3 point shot at times.

TheReturnofCed
I guess so Ced, especially in your world where 18ppg aint ****. Hell that is a world where teams average 200ppg, but stats are useless when compared to personal opinions based on limited viewings of someone late in their 15 year career, a fantasy world. I bet you think Kareem, Walton and a bunch of other people who played longer then they should have sucked too hun Ced, cuz you saw em at the end of their careers

That is a really bad argument. It is quite obvious to anyone watching players that have gotten older, what their current skill sets are+then add youth (athleticism, speed, fitness).

Kareem and Walton had fantastic skill sets as older players, and adding athleticism, responding time etc, is what they played like when they were younger.

Weatherspoon has no offensive game as an old man, which makes me think he never worked out how to score without brute strength or athleticism.

You have been owned.

Real Men Wear Green
As we have previously mentioned, Ced doesn't actually watch basketball. Remember that when reading what he has to say.

JtotheIzzo
07-09-2006, 02:18 PM
Ceds right Gobb and JtotheIzzo it feels like both of you are talking out of you're asses . I remember Weatherspoons game very well, he was a good but not great rebounder for such a short guy and he had a monster 3 point shot at times.

read the whole thread smart guy.

BTW Spoon almost never shot threes so your opinion is limited in value

Real Men Wear Green
07-09-2006, 02:20 PM
His career-high for 3-point shooting is 25%. Didn't hit a single one for the last 8 seasons of his career.

Real Men Wear Green
07-09-2006, 02:20 PM
read the whole thread smart guy.

BTW Spoon almost never shot threes so your opinion is limited in value
Maybe he has Spoon confused with Sam Perkins?

TheReturnofCed
07-09-2006, 02:21 PM
for the record I remember Spoon well as a Sixer, I still cant get the image of those ugly rainbow unis out of my head.

All rookie second team (typical for end of the bench fodder?)
finisher on the break (typical for a fat tub of lard hun Ced?)
Great rebounder
Active defender who blocked shots
post up or penetrate
not a 3 point threat though, but at 6'7" 270 you want him in the middle

So you are saying he was an explosive finsher on the break (dunker), great rebounder (put back shots), post up or penetrate (bulldoze to score).

Exactally what I said. And All Rookie 2nd team? Big whoop. Didn't Khalid Reeves make an all rookie 2nd team? He's certainly not bench fodder.

JtotheIzzo
07-09-2006, 02:22 PM
Maybe he has Spoon confused with Sam Perkins?

Full props for bringing Big Smooth into the conversation

Love it

JtotheIzzo
07-09-2006, 02:24 PM
So you are saying he was an explosive finsher on the break (dunker), great rebounder (put back shots), post up or penetrate (bulldoze to score).

Exactally what I said. And All Rookie 2nd team? Big whoop. Didn't Khalid Reeves make an all rookie 2nd team? He's certainly not bench fodder.

K Reeves didnt play 15 seasons did he?

So what you are saying is you gotta shoot jumpers to be a scorer, and if you dont you arent? 18ppg twice and 15ppg twice isnt enough they have to fall through the hoop a certain way?

GOBB
07-09-2006, 02:25 PM

Spoon range didnt exceed 18 feet. He had a jumper, usually on the baseline squared up. He was more of a low post player. Get it down low, up and unders, incorporated a baby hook. He was good at baiting a player and being able to get his shot off downlow dispite his small size. He was a MONSTER on the glass because he boxed out well and had the will to get the board. Like most rebounders seem to have. But the label of mr nice guy, it seemed he bought into it because for some reason he started to play less aggressive and nasty and more passive. Didnt box out, challenge shots, often caught out of position on defense.

His life outside of a Sixer (where he had 4 productive years and was a double double monster) he became a quality veteran role player off the bench. Came in and did the little things.

You dont remember crap very well because Spoon having a monster 3pt shot never existed idiot.

TheReturnofCed
07-09-2006, 02:27 PM
K Reeves did play 15 seasons did he?

So what you are saying is you gotta shoot jumpers to be a scorer, and if you dont you arent?

Scrapy scorer, makes some baskets from hustling.

Reevs didnt play 15 seasons, but you are talking about Weatherspoon as a rookie, and how 2nd team all rookie is a huge accomplishment.

To be a scorer you need go to moves. Shaq has his baby hook, and a variety of drop steps and spins. Even Ceballos and Jamison (two players renouned for never seeming to have plays set up for them) have some go to moves. Weatherspoon has nothing.

I'd like to hear you and GOBB give a description of his offensive moves.

Real Men Wear Green
07-09-2006, 02:29 PM
They wouldn't have to if you had actually seen him play.

TheReturnofCed
07-09-2006, 02:31 PM
Spoon range didnt exceed 18 feet. He had a jumper, usually on the baseline squared up. He was more of a low post player. Get it down low, up and unders, incorporated a baby hook. He was good at baiting a player and being able to get his shot off downlow dispite his small size. He was a MONSTER on the glass because he boxed out well and had the will to get the board. Like most rebounders seem to have. But the label of mr nice guy, it seemed he bought into it because for some reason he started to play less aggressive and nasty and more passive. Didnt box out, challenge shots, often caught out of position on defense.

His life outside of a Sixer (where he had 4 productive years and was a double double monster) he became a quality veteran role player off the bench. Came in and did the little things.

You dont remember crap very well because Spoon having a monster 3pt shot never existed idiot.

Finally, and here we have pretty much what I've ben saying.

TheReturnofCed
07-09-2006, 02:34 PM
They wouldn't have to if you had actually seen him play.

I have seen him play. Just not with the 76ers that I can recall.

The best thing about this all is the fact that I am getting "roasted" for my lack of viewing history, but I'm quite happy not to spend 3 hours a day watching TV like most of you must have to be able to have any sort of analytical skills on NBA players. I'm glad I actually play basketbal land get to keep fit, instead of lying on the sofa eating doritos like you folk.

GOBB
07-09-2006, 02:34 PM
Scrapy scorer, makes some baskets from hustling.

Reevs didnt play 15 seasons, but you are talking about Weatherspoon as a rookie, and how 2nd team all rookie is a huge accomplishment.

To be a scorer you need go to moves. Shaq has his baby hook, and a variety of drop steps and spins. Even Ceballos and Jamison (two players renouned for never seeming to have plays set up for them) have some go to moves. Weatherspoon has nothing.

To be a scorer? He avg 18 twice. :roll:

He had up and unders, he was great at getting position downlow and had soft hands important to recieve the pass. He knew how to score downlow, finish. He could also step outside and hit the jumper. Wasnt consistent, money but he had it in his arsenal. You dont have 4yrs of avg over 15ppg and not have an offensive game. You dont have 4yrs of avg over 15ppg and not be known as a SCORER. You do know Spoon was a good defender as well right? Wait you never saw him play.

This is WHY i didnt feel the need for me to break down spoons game because you will sit there like the stubborn MULE, heeee hawww heee hawww that you are and ignore it. You dont care how anyone breakdowns spoon. Your retarded mind is made up on what he WAS even tho you admit you never saw him play at all. This is meaningless replying to you.

Nice job calling Salto in here to get himself embarrassed. Like old times.

JtotheIzzo
07-09-2006, 02:35 PM
Ced crashed his Escalade into a parked car driving drunk while watching a Sixers game from the early nineties on ESPN Classic just as Clarence Weatherspoon got his 6'10" defender off his feet with a nice up and under move on a pass from hersey hawkins finished with a soft touch off the glass and knocked down the FT to collect the three point play.

GOBB
07-09-2006, 02:37 PM
Finally, and here we have pretty much what I've ben saying.

You said NONE OF THAT. Go back and REREAD the crap you wrote. You sat there and wrote about Spoon during his last 2yrs in the NBA then BASED everything you saw those 2yrs as Spoon's game. You didnt see Spoon in his prime. You saw Spoon on his way OUT. So dont go telling me Spoon had no offensive game idiot because he did.

GOBB
07-09-2006, 02:39 PM
Ced crashed his Escalade into a parked car driving drunk while watching a Sixers game from the early nineties on ESPN Classic just as Clarence Weatherspoon got his 6'10" defender off his feet with a nice up and under move on a pass from hersey hawkins finished with a soft touch off the glass and knocked down the FT to collect the three point play.

:roll:

Where is Salto the idiot? Get in here and apologize to me and JoTo.

TheReturnofCed
07-09-2006, 02:41 PM
You said NONE OF THAT. Go back and REREAD the crap you wrote. You sat there and wrote about Spoon during his last 2yrs in the NBA then BASED everything you saw those 2yrs as Spoon's game. You didnt see Spoon in his prime. You saw Spoon on his way OUT. So dont go telling me Spoon had no offensive game idiot because he did.

Up and under and an inconsistent jumpshot? LOL. You call that an offensive game?

Real Men Wear Green
07-09-2006, 02:44 PM
I have seen him play. Just not with the 76ers that I can recall.

The best thing about this all is the fact that I am getting "roasted" for my lack of viewing history, but I'm quite happy not to spend 3 hours a day watching TV like most of you must have to be able to have any sort of analytical skills on NBA players. I'm glad I actually play basketbal land get to keep fit, instead of lying on the sofa eating doritos like you folk.
I'm glad that you're in such good shape. Unfortunately, you still don't know anything about basketball. Oh, and I'm more likely to eat a Cheetos/SunChips combo than Doritos.

Didn't you put me on ignore?

JtotheIzzo
07-09-2006, 02:44 PM
Up and under and an inconsistent jumpshot? LOL. You call that an offensive game?

NO Retard!!! Its the high PPG that we call an offensive game, dont you get it yet???????

People who put up those numbers are scorers, its the NBA for chrise sakes, and he did it more than once.

TheReturnofCed
07-09-2006, 02:49 PM
I'm glad that you're in such good shape. Unfortunately, you still don't know anything about basketball. Oh, and I'm more likely to eat a Cheetos/SunChips combo than Doritos.

Didn't you put me on ignore?

That will be why my high school basketball team executes the Princeton offense perfectly, and we don't have any representatives for the underage state teams yet my team is the number 2 ranked team in Otago?

I took you off ignore, because there are worse people to put on. I'd like to save it for the kobelamar's of the world.

Jerm
07-09-2006, 02:50 PM
This thread is still going on.

GOBB
07-09-2006, 02:51 PM

No, but if you WATCHED Spoon in his prime you wouldnt question if he had an offensive game. Go email Kblaze and ask for a video.

TheReturnofCed
07-09-2006, 02:52 PM
NO Retard!!! Its the high PPG that we call an offensive game, dont you get it yet???????

People who put up those numbers are scorers, its the NBA for chrise sakes, and he did it more than once.

Ben Wallace is also a terrifc scorer putting up 9ppg, almost 10ppg!

TheReturnofCed
07-09-2006, 02:55 PM
No, but if you WATCHED Spoon in his prime you wouldnt question if he had an offensive game. Go email Kblaze and ask for a video.

Bo Outlaw has a pretty sick offensive game too.

JtotheIzzo
07-09-2006, 02:55 PM
That will be why my high school basketball team executes the Princeton offense perfectly, and we don't have any representatives for the underage state teams yet my team is the number 2 ranked team in Otago?

I took you off ignore, because there are worse people to put on. I'd like to save it for the kobelamar's of the world.

Hold up hold up we got a serious time issue here?

You watched Dino Radja play and talked about it 'intelligibly' and you are still in high school?

How old are you, how many grades did you fail???

Now it all makes sense...

JtotheIzzo
07-09-2006, 02:57 PM
Ben Wallace is also a terrifc scorer putting up 9ppg, almost 10ppg!

do 9ppg and 10ppg = 18ppg twice and 15ppg twice?

you are too much Ced

TheReturnofCed
07-09-2006, 03:01 PM
Hold up hold up we got a serious time issue here?

You watched Dino Radja play and talked about it 'intelligibly' and you are still in high school?

How old are you, how many grades did you fail???

Now it all makes sense...

I'm 24 and coach high school basketball. I'm not respond ing to you anymore, get some more posts and a higher rep, and I'll reconsider.

JtotheIzzo
07-09-2006, 03:06 PM
you coach...yikes

glad to see you've resorted back to your message board snob tactics though.

it is kind of funny

WoGiTaLiA1
07-09-2006, 03:08 PM
The Montross and Radja frontline was awesome in NBA Live 95 and Im serious. Radja just didnt miss, was like a mini version of Robert Horry(the best player in the game). I remember my Barros, Radja, Montross, Anthony and Horry lead Celtics were just unstoppable.

That was a great game.

Real Men Wear Green
07-09-2006, 03:09 PM

You're in New Zealand. It's like being the best Ice Skater in LA. No matter what your team can do over there your NBA ignorance will always shine through in your idiotic posts. Like saying Spoon wasn't a scorer. It's just stupid. You didn't see him play in Philly? Then close your stupid mouth.

GOBB
07-09-2006, 03:11 PM
You're in New Zealand. It's like being the best Ice Skater in LA. No matter what your team can do over there your NBA ignorance will always shine through in your idiotic posts. Like saying Spoon wasn't a scorer. It's just stupid. You didn't see him play in Philly? Then close your stupid mouth.

:roll: His mouth is closed, its his ass which is doing the talkin.

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-09-2006, 03:12 PM
Josh Howard averaged 17 points a game this year for the Mavs and he was a "garbage basket" scorer. He had no "go to" moves to speak of. He got most of his points on junk like offensive reounds, transition.

Just because you score 18 points does not necessarilly mean you are a great scorer.

And yes I've seen Spoon play. He was a decent scorer. He maximized his ability. A homeless man's Charles Barkley.

JtotheIzzo
07-09-2006, 03:16 PM
Josh Howard averaged 17 points a game this year for the Mavs and he was a "garbage basket" scorer. He had no "go to" moves to speak of. He got most of his points on junk like offensive reounds, transition.

Just because you score 18 points does not necessarilly mean you are a great scorer.

And yes I've seen Spoon play. He was a decent scorer. He maximized his ability. A homeless man's Charles Barkley.

no one ever said great, we simply argued he was above the "no offensive game to speak of" tag one of our fellow posties gave Spoon.

He was a poor man's Barkley, you read too much Bill Simmons

TheReturnofCed
07-09-2006, 03:21 PM

Some common sense arrives!

Real Men Wear Green
07-09-2006, 03:25 PM
Except that no one said Spoon was a great scorer. Guess common sense doesn't require reading.

TheReturnofCed
07-09-2006, 03:28 PM
Except that no one said Spoon was a great scorer. Guess common sense doesn't require reading.

They all said exactally the same thing as me, but GOBB added that Spoon has an "up and under".

JtotheIzzo
07-09-2006, 03:28 PM

Mr Green what you said is

true true true

some just like to

spew spew spew

regardless of what anyone said before or how much they really

knew knew knew

on that note I am

through through through

because I cant deal with Ced's myopic

view view view

WoGiTaLiA1
07-09-2006, 03:31 PM

It does mean you are a good scorer though. I mean however you get the points, you are getting them. Antoine Walker had the most unusual post game I've seen, but he could flat out score with it. Shaq scores nearly all his points on shots within 5 foot, doesnt mean he isnt a great scorer. Getting puts on putbacks and garbage style just means you are good at that, you still have to find position and put it in the hole. Lots of players flat out suck in the open court, others excel, depends on different things. Dino had a good offensive game though and so did Spoon(In a Walker sort of way really).

GOBB
07-09-2006, 03:44 PM
CED got destroyed.

TheReturnofCed
07-09-2006, 03:52 PM
CED got destroyed.

In your little dream world, what was a wearing there poof?

You just backed u pwhat I was saying, Spoon has basically no offensive game.

JtotheIzzo
07-09-2006, 03:57 PM
Ced, I kind of thought you were a punching bag this whole thread, but you kept coming back so I guess you are more like one of those plastic dolls you punch that always bounce back up.

The only way Ced will concede an argument is if time travel was possible and you could go back in time so he could see first hand the point you were trying to make. Even then he would probably trust his own opinion over the evidence.

How else can you explain calling 18ppg twice and 15 ppg twice: "No offensive game to speak of."

Brutal

We are all stupider for having played along for so long

GOBB
07-09-2006, 04:11 PM
Weatherspoon was rubbish, He had two good seasons, his rookie year and his sophmore year, after that he was absolute garbage.

and I didn't even need to see 76er games to make a statement about Weatherspoon, he was a tub-o-lard. Corliss Williamson without the post game. Basically Bo Outlaw

Weatherspoon is end of the bench fodder, and anyone that thinks otherwise is a moron. How many games did those Phily teams win with Weatherspoon stat-whoring? Was he ever on a winning team with a prominent role?

Anyone that is debating that Weatherspoon was more than bench fodder is an idiot. Spoon is a 6'6" (at best) power forward with no offensive game to speak of, and questionable defense. No perimeter game either, all he had was athleticism in his younger days and 6 fouls.

Now I'd like both of you to debate that Corliss Williamson (Spoon) is equal to Pau Gasol (Dino).

Never said I have seen Weatherspoon as a 6er

CED talkin out his ass, didnt see Spoon play admittingly yet is breaking down his game as a Sixer. How did he do this? Google.com? Dunno...

TheReturnofCed
07-09-2006, 04:16 PM
CED talkin out his ass, didnt see Spoon play admittingly yet is breaking down his game as a Sixer. How did he do this? Google.com? Dunno...

GOBB=OWNED

Se
08-08-2008, 03:23 AM
Weatherspoon.............. good god. JtotheIzzo and GOBB displaying their complete lack of knowledge about Weahterspoon.

"Up and under" = Offensive game = LOL