PDA

View Full Version : The Portland Trailblazers Will Select Kevin Durant In The NBA Draft

LakerRaider
06-18-2007, 08:47 PM
I think that Portland Trailblazers will select Kevin Durant with the number one pick in the Two Thousand And Seven National Basketball Association Draft.

The Portland Trailblazers don't really need Greg Oden as much as they need Kevin Durant. Yes, Martell Webster is good and Travis Outlaw, if they extend a qualifying offer to him, is decent, but placing Kevin Durant in that Portland Trailblazers lineup would be lethal.

PG - Jarret Jack

SG - Brandon Roy

SF - Kevin Durant

PF - Zach Randolph

CT - LaMarcus Aldridge

Most people are predicting that Greg Oden will be picked, but if Greg Oden is picked, people will be shaking their heads "Why did the Portland Trailblazers select Greg Oden when they already have LaMarcus Aldridge???" It's crazy.

It's like the time when the Portland Trailblazers selected Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan. The reason why the Portland Trailblazers selected Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan is because the Portland Trailblazers already had Clyde Drexler, so it would've been redundant to sign Michael Jordan.

The Portland Trailblazers will probably select Kevin Durant.

Qwyjibo
06-18-2007, 08:49 PM
I don't think this will happen, not a chance. And no, this isn't a "need over talent" pick. Portland already has a solid frontcourt and yet Oden is still the consensus choice based on his talent and potential.

But imagine if it did. What kind of "thank you" present from Seattle would be most appropriate for such a blunder?

bigkingsfan
06-18-2007, 08:49 PM
No they won't... Hakeem and Sampson ... Duncan and Robinson. Who says two big men can't play alongside?

Soundwave
06-18-2007, 08:51 PM
Aldridge is more of a PF anyway, and Oden is your standard traditional center type (pretty much to a tee).

So that's really not an issue. The Blazers probably were going to deal Zach Randolph anyway, no.1 pick or not.

knicks15
06-18-2007, 08:53 PM
I think that Portland Trailblazers will select Kevin Durant with the number one pick in the Two Thousand And Seven National Basketball Association Draft.

The Portland Trailblazers don't really need Greg Oden as much as they need Kevin Durant. Yes, Martell Webster is good and Travis Outlaw, if they extend a qualifying offer to him, is decent, but placing Kevin Durant in that Portland Trailblazers lineup would be lethal.

PG - Jarret Jack

SG - Brandon Roy

SF - Kevin Durant

PF - Zach Randolph

CT - LaMarcus Aldridge

Most people are predicting that Greg Oden will be picked, but if Greg Oden is picked, people will be shaking their heads "Why did the Portland Trailblazers select Greg Oden when they already have LaMarcus Aldridge???" It's crazy.

It's like the time when the Portland Trailblazers selected Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan. The reason why the Portland Trailblazers selected Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan is because the Portland Trailblazers already had Clyde Drexler, so it would've been redundant to sign Michael Jordan.

youre saying they should take durant cuz they already have a big in aldridge by comparing it to selecting sam bowie ahead of jordan cuz they already had a sg in drexler?:hammerhead:

bigboi_baller
06-18-2007, 09:00 PM
Since before the draft, I had the Blazers labeled as the only team that would consider drafting Durant before Oden but I never thought they would win it so I never really thought about it.

But since the draft, I honestly think that theres a legit chance they will take Durant.

I mean a lineup of

Jack/Rodriguez
Roy/Webster
Durant
Aldridge
Randoph/Magloire

is pretty intriguing. If Durant lives up to the hype, they could content in 2-3 seasons. And its going to be hard to trade Randoph, so why not keep him?

LakerRaider
06-18-2007, 09:00 PM
youre saying they should take durant cuz they already have a big in aldridge by comparing it to selecting sam bowie ahead of jordan cuz they already had a sg in drexler?:hammerhead:

Ummm...yeah.

JohnnyBravo5
06-18-2007, 09:02 PM
They also have .agloire and Pryzstiff too. Somebody has to go,

LakerRaider
06-18-2007, 09:03 PM
They also have .agloire and Pryzstiff too. Somebody has to go,

They don't really have Jamaal Magloire. He's a free agent.

Qwyjibo
06-18-2007, 09:03 PM
Magloire is a free agent and Przybilla is irrelevant.

knicks15
06-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Ummm...yeah.

if youre comparing it to the jordan situation, they should select oden. being that they had a sg in drexler and shoulda took jordan anyway, while they have a big in aldridge and should take oden anyway. if they were going for need like the blazers were, they would select durant as they did bowie. :hammerhead: ummm yeah

LakerRaider
06-18-2007, 09:08 PM
if youre comparing it to the jordan situation, they should select oden. being that they had a sg in drexler and shoulda took jordan anyway, while they have a big in aldridge and should take oden anyway. if they were going for need like the blazers were, they would select durant as they did bowie. :hammerhead: ummm yeah

I respectfully disagree with you. They already have a Center in LaMarcus Aldridge, Joel Pryzbilla, and Raef LaFrentz. They're pretty weak in the Small Forward department, so choosing Kevin Durant would be a no brainer. Ummm...yeah.

knicks15
06-18-2007, 09:09 PM
I respectfully disagree with you. They already have a Center in LaMarcus Aldridge, Joel Pryzbilla, and Raef LaFrentz. They're pretty weak in the Small Forward department, so choosing Kevin Durant would be a no brainer. Ummm...yeah.

so why would u compare it to the sam bowie thing when they went for need. if you need a sf and u draft durant ahead of oden, youre drafting for need. yeah.

knicks15
06-18-2007, 09:11 PM

and whenever u include joel pryzbilla and raef lafrentz in your reason for not drafting oden, u should get a 10 day ISH ban

LakerRaider
06-18-2007, 09:12 PM
so why would u compare it to the sam bowie thing when they went for need. if you need a sf and u draft durant ahead of oden, youre drafting for need. yeah.

Because they didn't need Michael Jordan because the Portland Trailblazers already had Clyde Drexler, which is similar to what I'm saying. They already have LaMarcus Aldridge and their position of need is Small Foward, so they should select Kevin Durant. Ummm...yeah.

johndeeregreen
06-18-2007, 09:13 PM
You don't call Pryzbilla and LaFranchise at the 5 weak?

knicks15
06-18-2007, 09:14 PM
Because they didn't need Michael Jordan because the Portland Trailblazers already had Clyde Drexler, which is similar to what I'm saying. They already have LaMarcus Aldridge and their position of need is Small Foward, so they should select Kevin Durant. Ummm...yeah.

lol so youre saying that they should draft durant to follow in the footsteps of the worst pick in the history of the nba. i get it now. yeah.

i seen hippos
06-18-2007, 09:15 PM
As Soundwave said, Aldridge is a pf. The thread should have ended there. LakerRaider's stupidity doesn't deserve more attention.

You take the best player available at #1. You never pick based on need at #1.

Richie2k6
06-18-2007, 09:16 PM
Thanks for making me think it was a fact. You said "they will" as if it was official, not your opinion. By the way, Oden will get selected 1st.

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-18-2007, 09:17 PM

PG - Jarret Jack

SG - Brandon Roy

SF - Kevin Durant

PF - Zach Randolph

CT - LaMarcus Aldridge

because Aldridge is a natural PF, not a center.

LakerRaider
06-18-2007, 09:17 PM
lol so youre saying that they should draft durant to follow in the footsteps of the worst pick in the history of the nba. i get it now. yeah.

You're misunderstanding. Read my post again, then post again. Everything will be clear to you.

knicks15
06-18-2007, 09:19 PM
You're misunderstanding. Read my post again, then post again. Everything will be clear to you.

well it still doesnt make sense to me. the bowie mistake would lead to them selecting oden if anything

LakerRaider
06-18-2007, 09:21 PM
well it still doesnt make sense to me. the bowie mistake would lead to them selecting oden if anything

I respectfully disagree with you sir. The Sam Bowie mistake would make them think twice and have them select Kevin Durant.

statman32
06-18-2007, 09:23 PM
So your comparing LaMarcus Aldridge with Clyde Drexler?

Aussie Dunker
06-18-2007, 09:29 PM
Portland should of hired a psychic to know they were going to draw no 1 pick, so they could of traded randolph for shard:

Oden ....... Wilcox
Aldridge ........ Randolph
Shard ........ Durant
Roy .......... Ray
Jack ........ Ridnour

Both those teams would be sweet as.... ha

knicks15
06-18-2007, 09:34 PM
I respectfully disagree with you sir. The Sam Bowie mistake would make them think twice and have them select Kevin Durant.

the blazers didnt select the BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE(jordan) and instead went with NEED(bowie). youre saying they shouldnt take the BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE again this year(oden) and should instead draft for their NEED for a sf(durant). so basically they would be doing the same thing they did when they made the worst pick ever.

GoldNugg21
06-18-2007, 09:43 PM
I'm sorry, but... you're dumb.

The Blazers had Drexler, so they didn't want to draft Jordan, the better player. Instead, they took Bowie. I'm sure we can all agree that's NOT what they want to do again.

Now the Blazers have Aldridge, so if they act exactly like they did, they won't draft Oden (Jordan), who plays a position they aren't in need of, and will instead draft Durant (Bowie).

Kujo
06-18-2007, 09:45 PM
Well, apparently the Trailblazers are conflicted on who they should draft. People in the front office are having this same debate.

I think when it's all said it done, they'll draft Oden. You just can't pass on a franchise changing center. They don't come often. They'll come to realize this.

Collie
06-19-2007, 12:32 AM
The Spurs should have taken Chauncey Billups in 98... they already had a Center in David Robinson, God forbid they draft Tim Duncan and put him at PF. :rolleyes:

Cavs2007Champs
06-19-2007, 01:17 AM
Outlaw started to come out a bit and play much better towards the end of the season, and Udoka is a solid player, and they have D Miles on the team for a few years, he was just hurt, Udoka and Outlaw are FA's, but both should be cheap if they decide 2 sign 1, they would still be fine at the SF position ,you don't need a great player at every position on the floor, they have 2 solid PGs, even though I think they get rid of Jack. They have a very good SG in Roy, they have Randolph and Aldridge. They are actually fine as they are, and in this case they draft the best player.

Oden, you build around big men, they could find a Durant type player this year or next year or the year after that, Big men like this come once every so many years.

draft Oden, everyone knows that should be the pick, except for a small few, who must not have much BBall knowledge.

RoysBlazers
06-19-2007, 02:01 AM
. They are actually fine as they are, and in this case they draft the best player.

I like what you had to say for the most part. Although I don't really see where Portland can do wrong. Either player will bring the fans back, either player will be a shot in the arm. Oden is the big we need, Durant is the scorer we need. Both will help eliminate double teams... the pluses are extaorinary no matter which you have on your team.

I personally like Oden, I think his defense 'along with Aldridge' will shut down the lane. The game will speed up in transition as our players will release knowing once someone enters the lane the ball will exchange hands.

I really feel KP is onto something with this mathmatical thing he's put together with the help of MIT, he's a smart guy who makes great decisions. No matter what he does I feel it will be a good choice. To tell you the truth I'm more excited about the rest of the draft outside of the first overall pick, thats how in the bag I feel that decision will be for the team. What will make or break Portlands future is what they do with Randolph, what they do in any effort to pick up a second lottery pick, and how such players as Sergio and Joel Freeland pan out in years to come.

I do want to point out how a lot of people around the league are now saying that Oden is going to have medical problems, from his knees to his Wrist, to you name it... Yet when any other team was looking at Oden with the possible #1 pick he was the next Bill Russell. It's just funny how things work out. Portland will be fine, they will draft the best possible player... as much as I want that to be Oden, I don't know if having Durrant would be all that bad. :confusedshrug:

monthh
06-19-2007, 02:28 AM
This thread made me laugh a lot. It is like talking to a wall.

As for the pick, it should and will be Oden. Randolph is gone. The GM has all but said that in interviews. He says they want to have good citizens on the team, and never mentions Randolph as a guy to build around. Oden and Aldridge will be dominate inside. You can start CJ Miles and still have a good frontcourt.

On top of that, their GM has come out and said he believes in what the Suns do and wants to put the 5 best players on the court. That could be Jack, Rodriquez, Roy, Aldridge, and Oden if they need to.

RoysBlazers
06-20-2007, 01:50 AM
This thread made me laugh a lot. It is like talking to a wall.

As for the pick, it should and will be Oden. Randolph is gone. The GM has all but said that in interviews. He says they want to have good citizens on the team, and never mentions Randolph as a guy to build around. Oden and Aldridge will be dominate inside. You can start CJ Miles and still have a good frontcourt.

The above quote made me laugh! Ironic...

First off it's not CJ Miles (Its Darius Miles) secondly if you knew anything about Portland Basketball you'd know that Miles is more hated in Portland than Z-Bo, for two reasons.... Miles shows up in street clothes, and Z-Bo actually is productive.

If Z-bo Leaves, and goes to the East... he will be in the all star game next year. I think he's that good. Does he have personal problems? yeah... so does 1/3 NBA players... if they aren't beating their wives, there fighting there dogs... Zach has got a bad rap in Portland but he's really not that bad, he will go to a team and he will be a huge lift for that team. Will Portland be better off without him? maybe... will they have to find someone to give them 23 and 10? certainly. Oden would certainly help, but so would Durrant.

All I know as a Portland fan, I want whats best for the team... and I truley don't know which would be better. I'm trying to have an open mind, I still am pulling for Oden, but who knows. I know I'll be at the RoseGarden next Thursday, watching on the big screen... Thats when we'll know, thats when Portland can finally get off the snide.

monthh
06-20-2007, 02:08 AM
No I meant CJ Miles. I was thinking of the worst player they could possibly start and Miles is the worst I could think of. Darius Miles is certainly not the worst.

And if you listen to the podcast on ESPN by Chad Ford, their GM talks about all the stuff I said. He never brings up Randolph in regards to the future of the team (nor does he bring up Darius Miles, but that is really just an afterthought since he has been injured and everything). And yes Randolph is a very good player, I agree with that, but he is trying to turn this team into the Spurs. Players who are better than that 1/3 of NBA players who have problems.

And if they really want to draft the best player available, then Oden has to be the choice. Durant is the better scorer in college, but that means nothing in the NBA. Oden's game is not only more advanced in more areas, but is also more suited to the NBA. I never once thought that Durant would go #1 during the season even when he was scoring 30+ every game because he defense was poor. If the Blazers want the better scorer, then Durant is the pick, but he will not be the better player or the better "winner." I think it will be like Duncan vs. Redd. Redd is the better scorer, but give me Duncan.

With all this said, Seattle is still getting a future All-Star. He will sell a ton of jerseys, fill a lot of seats, score a lot of points, and have a lot of threads about him here.

the_player
06-20-2007, 03:22 AM
No I meant CJ Miles. I was thinking of the worst player they could possibly start and Miles is the worst I could think of. Darius Miles is certainly not the worst.

And if you listen to the podcast on ESPN by Chad Ford, their GM talks about all the stuff I said. He never brings up Randolph in regards to the future of the team (nor does he bring up Darius Miles, but that is really just an afterthought since he has been injured and everything). And yes Randolph is a very good player, I agree with that, but he is trying to turn this team into the Spurs. Players who are better than that 1/3 of NBA players who have problems.

And if they really want to draft the best player available, then Oden has to be the choice. Durant is the better scorer in college, but that means nothing in the NBA. Oden's game is not only more advanced in more areas, but is also more suited to the NBA. I never once thought that Durant would go #1 during the season even when he was scoring 30+ every game because he defense was poor. If the Blazers want the better scorer, then Durant is the pick, but he will not be the better player or the better "winner." I think it will be like Duncan vs. Redd. Redd is the better scorer, but give me Duncan.

With all this said, Seattle is still getting a future All-Star. He will sell a ton of jerseys, fill a lot of seats, score a lot of points, and have a lot of threads about him here.

you compared Durant to Redd and Oden to Duncan???????are you serious????? I'd say it's more like Durant=McGrady Oden=Duncan and that's a good doubt to have...

monthh
06-20-2007, 01:39 PM
No, I was comparing a good all-around player and winner with a good scorer.

If I was comparing Oden and Durant to players, then I think the David Robinson/Patrick Ewing/Tim Duncan comparison is okay.

I am starting to think Durant is more like Carmelo than T-Mac though. Durant isn't as athletic, and doesn't pass the ball as well, but is a better rebounder. I think T-Mac is the perfect SG/SF player, but I think Durant will be more of a SF/PF. Durant might actually be a little like the guy he is going to replace, Rashard Lewis. The only thing I don't like about the Carmelo and Lewis comparisions are that I think Durant will be a better rebounder, and will effect the game a little more because of his long arms. I don't think he will be a good defender for years, but he should be more effective as a shot blocker and knocking balls away. I don't think he will get 2 blocks and 2 steals a game like he did in college simply because those long arms aren't going to be as effective against bigger, faster, and better players, but he still should be able to change some shots and create some turnovers.

SirBlocksAlot
06-23-2007, 11:48 PM
I'm not saying they shouldn't take Durant, but dude your argument sucks! Seriously its really painful to read. You're saying the blazers should repeat what they did in the draft where they passed on Jordan for Bowie? That didn't work for them then why would they try it again. Now, picking Durant might be the right move though. With all the young talent the Blazers have they don't really have a great scorer and if the trade ZR there scoring will suffer further. B. Roy looks like a really good player, but I don't think he is a #1 scorer if the Blazers are looking to contend. I don't think Oden or Aldridge will be big time scorers either. Durant on the other hand is a 6'10 T-Mac who can score 25+. If the Blazers do pick Oden how about a sign and trade with Seattle ZR for R. Lewis? Seattle get a big who can play and Portland gets a good three man who can score it. Not a great scorer, but maybe with Roy, Lewis and Oden it would be enough for Portland to contend. Although, with Aldridge and Oden blocking shots in the middle how many points will they need to win?

RoseCity07
06-27-2007, 03:33 AM
The Spurs should have taken Chauncey Billups in 98... they already had a Center in David Robinson, God forbid they draft Tim Duncan and put him at PF. :rolleyes:

You mean 97...

Finn T-Mac
06-27-2007, 04:16 AM
I think they are going with Durant, unless they trade Randolph for Lewis

lurch67
06-27-2007, 05:48 PM
Man I wish this guy was in my fantasy league. Hed rather have Aldrige at C than Oden? And why would it be so hard to trade Randolph? The Bulls would probly give you #9 pick and Duhon or Noccioni for him. Then you could draft Conley for PG.

bringthetruth
06-27-2007, 06:50 PM
It's the weed out there in Oregon that makes those young guy miles Randolph go bad. That stuff is potent out there in the oregon woods.:roll:

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
06-27-2007, 08:00 PM
No, Just Face It

The Blazers are drafting Greg Oden With the #1 Pick.

WADE MONEY
06-29-2007, 01:21 AM
Lakerraider has just been defecated on by the Portland Trailblazers of the National Basketball Association during the official two thousand and seven national basketball assocation draft of future National basketball association players.

joyner82
04-11-2010, 02:05 PM
bump

SEEBASS1234
04-11-2010, 09:46 PM
joyner get off of durant's nuts. it's already pruned up

Abd El-Krim
04-26-2010, 07:16 PM
draft Oden, everyone knows that should be the pick, except for a small few, who must not have much BBall knowledge.

:oldlol:

endandout
05-16-2010, 12:11 AM
:oldlol:

Why are you laughing? Like you thought Durrant would be the better pick. Like you knew Oden would end up being injured all the time. Shut the hell up

deja vu
03-09-2015, 11:34 AM
Poor unlucky franchise. :oldlol:

KNOW1EDGE
03-09-2015, 07:46 PM
Why are you laughing? Like you thought Durrant would be the better pick. Like you knew Oden would end up being injured all the time. Shut the hell up

There were definitely a lot of people, myself included, who thought the Blazers shoyld draft Durant over Oden. Durant was and is the better BASKETBALL PLAYER, Greg Oden was and is the bigger human being.

No one could predict the Oden injuries.
But it was completely obvious who was the better basketball player