PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to have a full civil thread discussion on ISH?

DaHeezy
01-03-2019, 03:30 PM
It really doesn't take long for at least one poster to dump on a thread with a useless negative response.

Are we that far gone that all civility is lost?

And yes I realize this thread won't take long (probably the second post) to legitimize my post. But i'd like to see opinions about this regardless

highwhey
01-03-2019, 03:37 PM
i

DukeDelonte13
01-03-2019, 03:39 PM
yes. Threads about food/restaurants, cars, home improvement type stuff, etc., seems to be mostly civil.

pretty much everything else devolves into a stupid political discussion.

DaHeezy
01-03-2019, 03:40 PM
[QUOTE=highwhey]i

highwhey
01-03-2019, 03:51 PM
It's seeing the difference from responding or instigating. Sometimes you need to read your post over to see what the intentions are
i havent been an asshole in the otc since NYE.

coin24
01-03-2019, 05:44 PM
The overly political or religious nuts are just social retards.

DaHeezy
01-04-2019, 01:25 PM

It's not just political or religious.
Posters just have a knack to be obnoxious on any topic they disagree with.

Patrick Chewing
01-04-2019, 01:57 PM
Less Political threads would certainly help. But the usual suspects just can't help themselves and post thread after thread about our current President or politics in general.

Only solution to this would be a concerted effort from all of us to diminish these types of bait threads.

JEFFERSON MONEY
01-04-2019, 05:02 PM

We were having a nice discussion in the Spirituality Thread and you came in saying something very offensive, destructive and not remotely funny.

Doesn't matter how "socially retarded" me or the others you are referring to are-- please learn some manners.

DaHeezy
01-04-2019, 05:18 PM
We were having a nice discussion in the Spirituality Thread and you came in saying something very offensive, destructive and not remotely funny.

Doesn't matter how "socially retarded" me or the others you are referring to are-- please learn some manners.

The actual social retards are the ones we feel they need to talk down to people using belittling words because they don't agree.

I don't agree with your attacks on Catholicism, but I'm not going to belittle you because your POV is offensive

DaHeezy
01-04-2019, 05:19 PM
Less Political threads would certainly help. But the usual suspects just can't help themselves and post thread after thread about our current President or politics in general.

Only solution to this would be a concerted effort from all of us to diminish these types of bait threads.

Or don't respond.

Which is why I admire you putting highwhey on ignore. In a way it benefits him more than you.

SomeBlackDude
01-04-2019, 05:39 PM
Or don't respond.

there's the key.

personally if i see a thread that doesn't interest me, i most likely won't even click on it. if enough people do the same, eventually said thread disappears off the main page and into the insidehoops ether, lost forever.

but people wanna act like they don't like talking politics but post 50+ times in one thread and account for 1,000 out of 2,500 views. :lol

coin24
01-04-2019, 10:01 PM

Seeing as it was a worldwide meme I would say it is remotely funny.
You can't see anything with your brainwashed tunnel vision, only my god is the real god bs.

The world would be a better place if everyone practiced there religion in there homes and place of worship only and stfu about it in public. Believe what you want and keep it to yourself

hold this L
01-04-2019, 10:12 PM
yes. Threads about food/restaurants, cars, home improvement type stuff, etc., seems to be mostly civil.

pretty much everything else devolves into a stupid political discussion.
+ cologne thread

kennethgriffen
01-04-2019, 10:35 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4b/bf/fc/4bbffc30503c443bfba1cd5f1a50ff71.jpg

"F*ck no"

and wtf@hold this L trying to bump my post back to page 1

CelticBaller
01-04-2019, 10:39 PM
I think we all agree

Less politics

JEFFERSON MONEY
01-05-2019, 12:51 AM
The actual social retards are the ones we feel they need to talk down to people using belittling words because they don't agree.

I don't agree with your attacks on Catholicism, but I'm not going to belittle you because your POV is offensive

Okay, can you point out which words are "belittling" so I can avoid them next time?

In the previous threads, I wrote historical facts about the pagan origins of Christmas (the Holiday) referring to the beliefs about the evergreen tree having special powers (pagan) as well as Santa Claus (Sinterklass) as well as clearly mentioning that the belief of the Trinity is concocted human folly that is contradictory and NOT congruent with the Old Testament or the teachings of Jesus --- is "offensive"?

JEFFERSON MONEY
01-05-2019, 01:05 AM
Seeing as it was a worldwide meme I would say it is remotely funny.

Doesn't matter what people think.
Killing innocents is a horrible, horrible crime and not remotely funny and clearly condemned in the Qu'ran--as is aggression and injustice.

To link the two would be like linking being an arrogant fornicator with Christianity---when the Bible explicitly forbids that.

It's modern media propaganda that goes directly against the teachings.

You can't see anything with your brainwashed tunnel vision, only my god is the real god bs.

Whether you want to admit or not, there's one straight, narrow path---and then there are paths to destruction--both the Bible and Qu'ran certify this.

I kindly invite you to consider the straight path.

As for the "only my god"---umm, 2 billion Christians (I may be mistaken on this), 1.8 billion Muslims, 16 million Jews, as well as other various religious denominations like Ba'hai worship the God of Abraham (PBUH).

The world would be a better place if everyone practiced there religion in there homes and place of worship only and stfu about it in public. Believe what you want and keep it to yourself

Well, then how would someone with "brainwashed tunnel vision" "thinking my god is the only god" come to see different perspectives? I would hate to be the guy who grew up thinking my way is the only right way without exposure to others, you feel me?

Draz
01-05-2019, 01:27 AM
If you vote for me as mod, I

Rocket
01-06-2019, 02:39 PM
It does not appear there can be any threads without at least a few troll responses to derail the thread. It would help if there were not so many damn threads about Lebron with the haters trying to run him down and the jock huggers trying to name him GOAT. All of those threads should be merged or simply create a Lebron subforum for the kids to argue back and forth and move all the no value Lebron threads there.