PDA

View Full Version : If Trump takes us into Iran, his ass is toast.

Ben Simmons 25
01-04-2019, 11:51 AM
I sure as **** hope it isn’t true but there are rumblings in the media(not that I trust any news source because I don’t)now that the only reason we are withdrawing troops from Syria and Afghanistan is to bolster our presence in Iraq in preparation for an Invasion of Iran.

I pray this isn’t ****ing true. PLEASE GOD NO.

ScalsFan21
01-04-2019, 12:31 PM
That's the thing about people hitching their wagon to a guy with no core, who has taken every possible political stance at different points in his life.

He's only non-interventionist until he rolls over on the other side of the bed. Same guy who says "we have to take out their families, you HAVE to take out their families", and no one bats an eye.

He doesn't care about anything except his own ego. If anyone thinks he has some principled stance against unnecessary wars, they're sorely mistaken and better hope that he decides it's most expedient not to go into Iran or anywhere else.

Akrazotile
01-04-2019, 01:28 PM
That's the thing about people hitching their wagon to a guy with no core, who has taken every possible political stance at different points in his life.

He's only non-interventionist until he rolls over on the other side of the bed. Same guy who says "we have to take out their families, you HAVE to take out their families", and no one bats an eye.

He doesn't care about anything except his own ego. If anyone thinks he has some principled stance against unnecessary wars, they're sorely mistaken and better hope that he decides it's most expedient not to go into Iran or anywhere else.

And if he does, what's anyone else gonna do about it?

March around in circles on the street?

Guy has unlimited power because he presides over a society full of cucks who give any President unlimited power as soon as the election is over. They'll keep sitting around bitching on the internet of course, but they're not gonna do anything about it. They're DEFINITELY not gonna do anything about it.

Except convince themselves Trump is bad, and they're good :lol

https://i.imgflip.com/1a0afs.jpg

^ Sums it up to a tee.

Norcaliblunt
01-04-2019, 01:40 PM

Guy has unlimited power because he presides over a society full of cucks who give any President unlimited power as soon as the election is over. They'll keep sitting around bitching on the internet of course, but they're not gonna do anything about it. They're DEFINITELY not gonna do anything about it.

^ Sums it up to a tee.

Dude no one sits around bitching on the internet while accomplishing nothing, more than you.

Akrazotile
01-04-2019, 01:44 PM
Dude no one sits around bitching on the internet while accomplishing nothing, more than you.

Mmm, struck a nerve did I?

Norcaliblunt
01-04-2019, 01:53 PM
Mmm, struck a nerve did I?

Naw I just think it’s hilarious how you act exactly like one of these new age “woke” hippie dipshits. Like what you are saying is profound or something. Lol. Calling everyone else out for not doing shit when you know damn well you aren’t gonna do shit either. Other then come on here and whine. It’s pretty damn funny.

Patrick Chewing
01-04-2019, 01:55 PM
Without concrete sources, then I wouldn't be so worried about it. As you mentioned, the media cannot be trusted. It's opinion journalism.

No need to create this thread and freak about it. It only gives Trump haters another thread to post their anti-Trump bias in.

Akrazotile
01-04-2019, 02:07 PM
[QUOTE=Norcaliblunt]Naw I just think it

SomeBlackDude
01-04-2019, 02:18 PM
Without concrete sources, then I wouldn't be so worried about it.

this.

i checked with my sauces on the streets and no one is saying an iran regime change boondoggle is in the works.

no idea where op is getting his info from.

peyote trip maybe? :confusedshrug:

TheMan
01-04-2019, 02:36 PM
:lol

MaxFly
01-04-2019, 02:43 PM
[QUOTE=Ben Simmons 25]I sure as **** hope it isn

iamgine
01-04-2019, 02:58 PM
Why not invade Iran? Could be fun. I'm sure Israel would help.

Ben Simmons 25
01-04-2019, 07:10 PM
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktC2d9R88uk

I realize it's speculative and I realize the source. Save your protests. I don't want to hear it. It makes sense.

As usual, America acting upon Israel's foreign policy desires throughout the middle east. What the ****.

dude77
01-04-2019, 07:12 PM
trump isn't taking us anywhere unless we're hit first .. he's a counterpuncher

Ben Simmons 25
01-04-2019, 07:18 PM

^ Sums it up to a tee.

One must be extremely careful when responding to a post like this.

Patrick Chewing
01-04-2019, 07:22 PM
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktC2d9R88uk

I realize it's speculative and I realize the source. Save your protests. I don't want to hear it. It makes sense.

As usual, America acting upon Israel's foreign policy desires throughout the middle east. What the ****.

Speculative garbage.

The Iranian people would welcome a regime change without a doubt though. But that must only happen from within.

Lakers Legend#32
01-05-2019, 04:40 AM
Trump needs to play the war card to boost his popularity with his cult members.

fiddy
01-05-2019, 05:52 AM
Why not invade Iran? Could be fun. I'm sure Israel would help.

Iran is neither:
-Iraq
-Afghanistan
-Syria

I can totally see the US hitting Iran with strikes, but invading would be worse than Vietnam.

Back In Shape
01-05-2019, 05:56 AM
Trump needs to play the war card to boost his popularity with his cult members.

Like it did with Obama, Bush and Clinton? I don't think the "war card" will be popular with anyone except for the military equipment manufacturering industry. At worst let Israel do the heavy lifting.

Rolando
01-05-2019, 07:26 AM
If the US is truly pulling out of Afghanistan then it is unlikely that they are doing anything with Iran. It has always seemed to me that the basic reason that the US has remained there is to keep troops stationed right on the eastern border of Iran in preparation for some military action in the future. Otherwise, all these years in Afghanistan make little sense.

Personally, I am happy with Trump for getting out of both Syria and Afghanistan, if it truly happens. The Military establishment, however, must be fairly pizzed off by these surprising moves. It seems like Trump is going off-script.

Anyway, nice to see troops coming home. Let the Russians and Syrians have their day.

Nanners
01-05-2019, 11:58 AM
There is no way the US could win a conventional war against Iran. The country is basically an endless sea of mountains and they have been preparing for an invasion for decades... it would be like 100x more difficult and expensive than the 18 years and counting Afghanistan war (a war we are losing).

Anyway I dont think Trump is interested in a war with Iran. He knows that such a war would be massively unpopular, and despite all his bluster and threats he has not acted like a warmonger.

Lakers Legend#32
01-05-2019, 06:17 PM
Speculative garbage.
But you would support Trump when it happens.

Patrick Chewing
01-05-2019, 06:43 PM
But you would support Trump when it happens.

ZZZZZzzzzzzzz

Give it a rest.

Lakers Legend#32
01-06-2019, 02:26 AM
ZZZZZzzzzzzzz

Give it a rest.
And you're part of the Trump Cult of Personality.
Tool.

Patrick Chewing
01-06-2019, 02:55 AM
And you're part of the Trump Cult of Personality.
Tool.

I don't know what that means.

It's a new year man. Trump is still President. Time to turn over a new leaf.

Rocket
01-06-2019, 04:09 AM
Trump will stay away from Iran if they stay away from us.

bladefd
01-13-2019, 07:32 PM
Maybe OP isn't as far-fetched

The White House's National Security Council asked the Pentagon last year for plans for launching a military attack against Iran, the Wall Street Journal reported early Sunday, citing current and former US officials.

The request from the council, which is led by national security adviser John Bolton, came after an attack in September on the US Embassy in Baghdad by a militant group aligned with Iran, according to the Journal.

According to the paper, Mira Ricardel, the former deputy national security adviser, described the attacks in Iraq as "an act of war," and said that the US needed to respond accordingly.

The request was met with concern by both the Pentagon and the State Department, according to the Journal, with one former administration official telling the paper that people were "shocked" by the request.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/13/politics/white-house-iran-airstrikes-national-security-council/index.html

NumberSix
01-13-2019, 08:29 PM
Maybe OP isn't as far-fetched

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/13/politics/white-house-iran-airstrikes-national-security-council/index.html
I’d guess that the WH/DOD have military plans for like 30 countries to be ready for “just in case” scenarios.