PDA

View Full Version : Enes Kanter wont play in NBA London game because he might be killed by Turkish spies

Uncle Drew
01-05-2019, 11:51 AM
https://twitter.com/stevepopper/status/1081438409724375040?s=21

Steve Popper @StevePopper
Kanter said he will not be able to go to London. Said he’s Afraid he could be killed by spies for Turkish President.

LOS ANGELES -- Enes Kanter will not travel to London when the New York Knicks play the Washington Wizards on Jan. 17, saying he fears for his life because of his ongoing clash with Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

Kanter, a native of Turkey, has been an outspoken critic of the Turkish government and Erdogan. A Knicks team official said Kanter won't travel because of a visa issue, but Kanter said he did not feel safe making the trip.

"Sadly, I'm not going because of that freaking lunatic, the Turkish president," Kanter said after the Knicks' 119-112 win over the Los Angeles Lakers on Friday. "There's a chance that I can get killed out there. So that's why I talked to the [Knicks'] front office. I'm not going.

This is messed up yo.

Sakkreth
01-05-2019, 11:53 AM
How is that different from travelling in US tho? Turkish spies can go to London but not US?

dunksby
01-05-2019, 12:00 PM
How is that different from travelling in US tho? Turkish spies can go to London but not US?
It's about repercussion me think, if Turkish assassins killed him in the US, America would make the whole country of Turkey rue it for generations. UK on the other hand is ruled by a weak leader and has been on the decline for over a century, all they would do in case of such scenario is issuing a few condemnations.

Ben Simmons 25
01-05-2019, 12:28 PM
He's being a bit paranoid.

It could happen in the USA and be made to look like an accident without any blow back whatsoever..

I don't think the Turkish president cares about him as much as he thinks he does.

Rudeboy3
01-05-2019, 12:31 PM
What a *****, he really think he's that important lmao :lol

dunksby
01-05-2019, 12:33 PM
He's being a bit paranoid.

It could happen in the USA and be made to look like an accident without any blow back whatsoever..

I don't think the Turkish president cares about him as much as he thinks he does.
i think so too, especially with the Saudi assassination shit that blew up recently.

34-24 Footwork
01-05-2019, 12:33 PM
If you know ANYTHING about current events or Erdogan, you'd know that tho isn't that far fetched...

We Americans and other "westerners" get to live in our little bubble where everything is sweet. Not like that for other people...

Ben Simmons 25
01-05-2019, 12:39 PM
i think so too, especially with the Saudi assassination shit that blew up recently.

Are you really comparing a guy being murdered at a consulate to a guy dying of an "accident"?

You're a clown.

Uncle Drew
01-05-2019, 12:40 PM
Kanter's parents had to publicly disown him and his own father was jailed and forced him to change his last name in order of the government. Y'all are taking this way to lightly.

Ben Simmons 25
01-05-2019, 12:42 PM
Kanter's parents had to publicly disown him and his own father was jailed and forced him to change his last name. Y'all are taking this way to lightly.

I'm not saying that he wouldn't feel the heat really badly and that he wouldn't likely be taken and murdered if he were in Turkey. It's likely if not a certainty.

But if you want to pretend that a guy as unimportant to the world as Enes Kanter, even while on US soil, isn't easily touchable and able to be killed via an "accident", well, we just have very different world views... nothing else to be said.

Long Duck Dong
01-05-2019, 01:08 PM

A lot more Turks close by. A lot more Muslim radicals in the UK. The US would certainly put "extreme pressure" on any spy in their custody, while the Brits would put him in a suite, ask him politely if he had any information to give, then serve him with tea and crumpets if he refused.

Why do you think Salman Rushdie is still breathing? He moved to the US from the UK. Muslim extremists did manage to kill one of his book's translators in Japan, stab another one in Italy, and shoot the book's publisher 3 times in Norway though.

imdaman99
01-05-2019, 01:24 PM
I'm not saying that he wouldn't feel the heat really badly and that he wouldn't likely be taken and murdered if he were in Turkey. It's likely if not a certainty.

But if you want to pretend that a guy as unimportant to the world as Enes Kanter, even while on US soil, isn't easily touchable and able to be killed via an "accident", well, we just have very different world views... nothing else to be said.
Oh please, you think the US will be OK with something like that going down on their own soil? Especially since it will be investigated to death... because of what we know.

How often do 'accidents' happen where an NBA player is murdered? Let me rephrase that, how often do accidents happen to someone that has been threatened in the past? I know car accidents or plane crashes happen. But Kanter is a marked man :confusedshrug:

I know it's easy to criticize him for doing this, especially when none of have ever been in danger like he has. But things ain't so smooth in other countries.

dunksby
01-05-2019, 01:31 PM
Are you really comparing a guy being murdered at a consulate to a guy dying of an "accident"?

You're a clown.
What "accident" are you talking about? Kanter is a high profile Turkish athlete and an Erdogan basher, he is also a millionaire capable of employing the best personal security. You think ****ing Turkish assassins can get to him, kill him and make it look like an accident as well? You watch too much Bollywood :oldlol:

superduper
01-05-2019, 01:39 PM
Yeah people that are taking this lightly are clueless

FKAri
01-05-2019, 02:13 PM
Look up what happened to his parents :oldlol:

Bosnian Sajo
01-05-2019, 03:13 PM
There are so many good things Erdogan has done that make me proud to have him rule Turkey...but then you hear things like this. Why is he going so hard against Kanter, as if Kanter has any influence at all.

Spurs m8
01-05-2019, 03:39 PM
Lucky it's Erdogan and not Hillary tbh

superduper
01-05-2019, 03:40 PM
There are so many good things Erdogan has done that make me proud to have him rule Turkey...but then you hear things like this. Why is he going so hard against Kanter, as if Kanter has any influence at all.

From what I read he's responsible for the death of many people? What's the context?

Rocket
01-05-2019, 03:44 PM
This is a shame. Erdogan is a really pathetic excuse for a human being.

Long Duck Dong
01-16-2019, 05:44 PM

Arrest warrant issued today for Kanter by Erdogan.

Care to make a retraction on your statements gentlemen?

thefatmiral
01-16-2019, 06:54 PM
why is turkey an ally to us

HoopologyPhD
01-16-2019, 07:17 PM
I believe it, I heard the same spies threatened to kill him if he ever attempts to play defense in an NBA game.

90sgoat
01-16-2019, 07:19 PM
why is turkey an ally to us

They have a shady deal with their pal Saudi Arabia, who in turn are shady allies with Israel and Israel controls the US.