PDA

View Full Version : I don't want to hear about what Lebron said being disrespectful

100grandman
01-07-2019, 04:12 PM
When Kobe bumped into MJ, he told him "I would kick your a** one on one." How disrespectful is that? It was confirmed by Phil Jackson too, so I don't want to hear that Kobe's punk a** didn't say it. This happened a long time ago.

MrFonzworth
01-07-2019, 04:24 PM
What LeBron said falls more under delusional rather than disrespectful. He could literally kill both Kobe and MJ at the same time in a melee fisticuffs scenario though.

guy
01-07-2019, 04:27 PM
There

superduper
01-07-2019, 04:41 PM
Stay in school kids

Phoenix
01-07-2019, 04:53 PM
The fact that you think these two things are remotely comparable means there's no point investing the energy to explain otherwise.

ImKobe
01-07-2019, 05:02 PM
When Kobe bumped into MJ, he told him "I would kick your a** one on one." How disrespectful is that? It was confirmed by Phil Jackson too, so I don't want to hear that Kobe's punk a** didn't say it. This happened a long time ago.

:biggums:

Kobe and MJ were always competitive against eachother and MJ respected Kobe for saying that. Lebron would rather join MJ than play against him, let's be real.

100grandman
01-07-2019, 10:03 PM
[QUOTE=guy]There

E_Stamkos
01-07-2019, 10:08 PM
Wut

Phoenix
01-07-2019, 10:30 PM
Man Kobe really believes he's better. That wasn't just trash talk.

And talk about delusional. He stole all of MJ's moves and tries to make it seem like they're his own. And then he believes he did it better than the original. :facepalm

Seriously, wtf!!!

Bro you're a thousand miles off the mark on this. The Kobe-Jordan thing you're talking about was basically the young lion telling the old one 'I'm coming for your spot'. That swag and cockiness was part of Kobe's makeup that drove him to be the player he became. It was very much a case of Kobe trash-talking to another player, in this case one he clearly idolized. End of the day it was a personal encounter between two competitors.

What Lebron did was basically publicly elevate himself above everyone's that ever played. He called himself the greatest player ever. Not only did he put himself above past greats, but in the context of a team sport, above his own teammates( yes, obviously he was the 2016 Cavs best player).

The two scenarios aren't remotely analogous.

RealSkipBayless
01-07-2019, 10:33 PM
Bro you're a thousand miles off the mark on this. The Kobe-Jordan thing you're talking about was basically the young lion telling the old one 'I'm coming for your spot'. That swag and cockiness was part of Kobe's makeup that drove him to be the player he became. It was very much a case of Kobe trash-talking to another player, in this case one he clearly idolized. End of the day it was a personal encounter between two competitors.

What Lebron did was basically publicly elevate himself above everyone's that ever played. He called himself the greatest player ever. Not only did he put himself above past greats, but in the context of a team sport, above his own teammates( yes, obviously he was the 2016 Cavs best player).

The two scenarios aren't remotely analogous.
OP demolished. :roll: :roll:

100grandman
01-07-2019, 11:12 PM
OP demolished. :roll: :roll:

STFU I'll school you and Phoenix.

Did you or Phoenix watch MJ's game when he played for the Wizards and they visited the Lakers? I did. I saw every pass, every shot, every play. MJ fell on the floor one play and Kobe started bodying him with his fists like he was a little kid.

Tyron Lue immediately jumped in and helped MJ up, to salvage what was left of MJ's dignity in that moment. You DONT do shit like that. It was embarrassing. When MJ left the floor after the game was out of reach. MJ shot a look over to Kobe, and it wasn't one of mutual respect. He was pissed, and he should have been. You don't know as much about basketball as I do. I've seen more, and know more, I have also played organized ball. This situation happened when Kobe was around his prime, maybe a little after. And when MJ was all but done.

Your idea of MJ and Kobe being friendly competitors is what's delusional. I don't think MJ even really likes the guy. And MJ himself has acknowledged that Kobe stole his moves.

Phoenix
01-07-2019, 11:20 PM
STFU I'll school you and Phoenix.

Did you or Phoenix watch MJ's game when he played for the Wizards and they visited the Lakers? I did. I saw every pass, every shot, every play. MJ fell on the floor one play and Kobe started bodying him with his fists like he was a little kid.

Tyron Lue immediately jumped in and helped MJ up, to salvage what was left of MJ's dignity in that moment. You DONT do shit like that. It was embarrassing. When MJ left the floor after the game was out of reach. MJ shot a look over to Kobe, and it wasn't one of mutual respect. He was pissed, and he should have been. You don't know as much about basketball as I do. I've seen more, and know more, I have also played organized ball. This situation happened when Kobe was around his prime, maybe a little after. And when MJ was all but done.

Your idea of MJ and Kobe being friendly competitors is what's delusional. I don't think MJ even really likes the guy. And MJ himself has acknowledged that Kobe stole his moves.

You went to great lengths typing out all that, none of which actually counters the core point I was making. The two scenarios you raised in this thread are not comparable to one another. One guy was trash-talking another player, the other guy publicly called himself the GOAT. No-one is debating whether or not what Kobe said was disrespectful, or whether he actually meant it. Like, who's making that argument? All I'm saying is the two scenarios don't deserve to be in the same thread. One has absolutely nothing to do with the other.. Lol at you schooling anyone or the 'I played ball, I know better than you' :rant . Just stop.

100grandman
01-07-2019, 11:29 PM
You went to great lengths typing out all that, none of which actually counters the core point I was making. The two scenarios you raised in this thread are not comparable to one another. One guy was trasktalking another player, the other guy publicly called himself the GOAT. I'm not sure why you think these two scenarios deserve to be in the same thread. They don't. Lol at you schooling anyone or the 'I played ball, I know better than you' :rant . Just stop.

Case closed man. Kobe has implied he's the greatest of all time and did it in a way that was more disrespectful than Lebron's proclamation. He's an egomaniac, and the only reason he won't say it in the way that Lebron has is because he hasn't been the role model on and off the court that MJ and Lebron have been. He'd open himself up to an avalanche of scrutiny.

Phoenix
01-07-2019, 11:41 PM
Case closed man. Kobe has implied he's the greatest of all time and did it in a way that was more disrespectful than Lebron's proclamation. He's an egomaniac, and the only reason he won't say it in the way that Lebron has is because he hasn't been the role model on and off the court that MJ and Lebron have been. He'd open himself up to an avalanche of scrutiny.

The case was never open. Kobe's never said publicly he was the greatest. In fact the 'I'll kick your a**' comment isn't implying it either. He was saying he'd beat MJ at that point( Jordan was 36 or so) in a one on one game. It was trash talk, plain and simple. That comment was made in 1999 after MJ retired the 2nd time. Kobe was around 20 when he said it, so what exactly are you suggesting? That Kobe after 2-3 years in the league felt he was the greatest player ever already? :biggums:

Play that back in your mind, no rush, and then consider whether that would make a lick of sense. Take your time.

jstern
01-07-2019, 11:51 PM
Man Kobe really believes he's better. That wasn't just trash talk.

And talk about delusional. He stole all of MJ's moves and tries to make it seem like they're his own. And then he believes he did it better than the original. :facepalm

Seriously, wtf!!!

Kobe around the same time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjvW5-sGin4

100grandman
01-08-2019, 12:32 AM
Kobe around the same time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjvW5-sGin4

Kobe fans like Phoenix need to play this back in their mind.

Phoenix
01-08-2019, 12:41 AM
Kobe fans like Phoenix need to play this back in their mind.

Where the fukk do you get this from? Absolutely nothing I've said in this thread give any indication I'm a Kobe fan, or not a Kobe fan for that matter. You're either trolling( which you're not good at), or a little slow( which I'm beginning to suspect). I should have followed my initial train of thought, when I said the fact that you even equate Kobe's comments with Lebron's means trying to explain the difference to you wouldn't be worth the effort. And lo and behold, it hasn't been. It's like you're going out of your way to sound as dumb as possible.

100grandman
01-08-2019, 12:47 AM
Where the fukk do you get this from? Absolutely nothing I've said in this thread give any indication I'm a Kobe fan, or not a Kobe fan for that matter. You're either trolling( which you're not good at), or a little slow( which I'm beginning to suspect). I should have followed my initial train of thought, when I said the fact that you even equate Kobe's comments with Lebron's means trying to explain the difference to you wouldn't be worth the effort. And lo and behold, it hasn't been. It's like you're going out of your way to sound as dumb as possible.

Why are you still here arguing then? I feel like I already dusted you off. I'm not even sure why you're mad. I'm not. Try and learn something from what I posted, and move on.

SamuraiSWISH
01-08-2019, 12:48 AM
[QUOTE=guy]There

100grandman
01-08-2019, 12:52 AM
And if most of you complaining about this notice. Nowhere did I say I agreed with Lebron. Just that Kobe has said he could kick the Goat's ass, to his FACE. Which I find, no matter how you try to spin it, MORE disrespectful.

100grandman
01-08-2019, 12:53 AM
Exactly.

One is competitive, respectable and has heart.

The other is delusional, self promoting, lacking self awareness and classless. Also totally inaccurate and supremely egotistical.

Not to mention totally wrong in reality from the incident in reference to what made him come to such an asinine conclusion.

Even his hired bitch boy friends felt awkward and visibly uncomfortable the second he said it.

:oldlol:

Namely I'm talking to you and Phoenix.

Phoenix
01-08-2019, 12:54 AM
Why are you still here arguing then? I feel like I already dusted you off. I'm not even sure why you're mad. I'm not. Try and learn something from what I posted, and move on.

So if you dusted me off, why do you keep replying? I got you on a string. Your thread is dumb, and you sound more retarded the deeper you dig the hole. Learn what? You made a stupid thread comparing two incomparable issues. Mad? You ain't got that much power, champ.

100grandman
01-08-2019, 12:58 AM
So if you dusted me off, why do you keep replying? I got you on a string. Your thread is dumb, and you sound more retarded the deeper you dig the hole. Learn what? You made a stupid thread comparing two incomparable issues. Mad? You ain't got that much power, champ.

You're not sharp enough to make me mad. I stopped caring like three posts ago. :oldlol:

Phoenix
01-08-2019, 01:00 AM
You're not sharp enough to make me mad. I stopped caring like three posts ago. :oldlol:

Who said I'm trying to make you mad? I'm just saying you made a retarded thread and you sound dumb.

You care enough to keep replying :yaohappy:

RealSkipBayless
01-08-2019, 01:05 AM
OP continues to get exposed with each post.

Phoenix has this kid dancing. :lol :lol

Phoenix
01-08-2019, 01:06 AM

Remember, he stopped caring 3 posts ago :lol

100grandman
01-08-2019, 01:09 AM

Skip put your shirt on, you're embarrassing yourself and your boyfriend Phoenix.

Phoenix
01-08-2019, 01:10 AM
Skip put your shirt on, you're embarrassing yourself and your boyfriend Phoenix.

still not caring? :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

kennethgriffen
01-08-2019, 01:10 AM
kobe and jordan were scheduled to face each other and he had a chance to backup what he said

lebron saying he's better than guys he never faced and can never face is disrespectful

it would be like kobe meeting jerry west for the first time and telling him he'd beat his ass 1 on 1

OP is a f*ggot

FKAri
01-08-2019, 01:11 AM
In front of the camera, Kobe and MJ have some of the most contrived personalities of any athlete. Makes OJ look genuine. Too busy being PC. "b-but there's eras and" "it's hard to compare" "it would've been great to duke it out!". Mother****ing cringe. You damn well know these bitches ain't humble anyway. LeDong just proclaimed that fukc those other nigguhs. I'm the GOAT :lol I LOVE IT

kennethgriffen
01-08-2019, 01:16 AM
In front of the camera, Kobe and MJ have some of the most contrived personalities of any athlete. Makes OJ look genuine. Too busy being PC. "b-but there's eras and" "it's hard to compare" "it would've been great to duke it out!". Mother****ing cringe. You damn well know these bitches ain't humble anyway. LeDong just proclaimed that fukc those other nigguhs. I'm the GOAT :lol I LOVE IT

kobe and MJ only speak on what they can control

they don't buy into narratives and false agendas being pushed by the media or fans

why? because kobe and mj are comfortable with their legacies. lebron isn't... thats why he's his own hype man

100grandman
01-08-2019, 01:18 AM
kobe and jordan were scheduled to face each other and he had a chance to backup what he said

lebron saying he's better than guys he never faced and can never face is disrespectful

it would be like kobe meeting jerry west for the first time and telling him he'd beat his ass 1 on 1

OP is a f*ggot

Cause putting it in bold makes it even more true doesn't it? Why don't you cry about Lebron being better than your boy Kobe?

:cry:

FKAri
01-08-2019, 01:18 AM
kobe and MJ only speak on what they can control

they don't buy into narratives and false agendas being pushed by the media or fans

why? because kobe and mj are comfortable with their legacies. lebron isn't... thats why he's his own hype man
LeBron = Trump
MJ/Kobe = Chuck Schumer

kennethgriffen
01-08-2019, 01:26 AM
LeBron = Trump
MJ/Kobe = Chuck Schumer

Lebron = Hillary

MJ/Kobe = MJ/Kobe

no narratives needed

Real14
01-08-2019, 01:30 AM
Are u serious niguh???:biggums: That's just trash talk. At least Kobe had balls to talk shit, Lil Bronna would be to scared to step up to MJ talking shit :lol

100grandman
01-08-2019, 01:32 AM
Are u serious niguh???:biggums: That's just trash talk. At least Kobe had balls to talk shit, Lil Bronna would be to scared to step up to MJ talking shit :lol

If it was just trash talk, why was MJ's response so sincere?

Real14
01-08-2019, 01:36 AM
If it was just trash talk, why was MJ's response so sincere?
Cuz MJ probably had other stuff on his mind that day. Lebron's situation is way different. How somebody gonna call them self the greatest after winning a given gifted title. Lebron was not just very disrespectful but definitely very delusional.

TheImmortal
01-08-2019, 01:43 AM
LeBron taking all the credit and none of the blame per usual.. No wonder Kyrie left this ungrateful POS.

Real14
01-08-2019, 01:45 AM
LeBron taking all the credit and none of the blame per usual.. No wonder Kyrie left this ungrateful POS.
Exactly plus he call him kid and you know he gonna throw Ingram and others under the bus next.

100grandman
01-08-2019, 01:49 AM

And yet Kyrie is open to playing with Lebron again. What does that tell you?

Real14
01-08-2019, 01:50 AM
And yet Kyrie is open to playing with Lebron again. What does that tell you?
No he's not:oldlol:

100grandman
01-08-2019, 01:53 AM
No he's not:oldlol:

He said "we'll see what happens."

That's not a no.

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2018/06/kyrie_irving_on_if_hes_open_to.html

TheImmortal
01-08-2019, 01:55 AM
He said "we'll see what happens."

That's not a no.

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2018/06/kyrie_irving_on_if_hes_open_to.html
OP is definitely a *******.

100grandman
01-08-2019, 01:57 AM
OP is definitely a *******.

I'm so hurt. :rolleyes:

SamuraiSWISH
01-08-2019, 01:57 AM
Everything Jordan said on this topic was humble and honest. I

sportjames23
01-08-2019, 02:03 AM
Damn, OP got demolished in his own thread.

100grandman
01-08-2019, 02:05 AM
Damn, OP got demolished in his own thread.

I refuted everybody and backed up my shit with proof.

You're like, I wonder what I can say to get him mad. And hopefully he'll respond so I can feel important.

f*ck outta here man.

Real14
01-08-2019, 02:09 AM

You're like, I wonder what I can say to get him mad. And hopefully he'll respond so I can feel important.

f*ck outta here man.
You didn't prove shit:lol

sportjames23
01-08-2019, 02:10 AM

f*ck outta here man.
You didn't prove shit:oldlol:

kennethgriffen
01-08-2019, 02:11 AM

f*ck outta here man.

i don't think you know what the word refuting means. you replied to people yes... but you didn't "refute" my statement in any way shape or form

i said:

OP is a f*ggot

to which you replied:

"
Cause putting it in bold makes it even more true doesn't it? Why don't you cry about Lebron being better than your boy Kobe?

:cry:

definition of refute:

[QUOTE]re

kennethgriffen
01-08-2019, 02:12 AM

he proved he could reply and quote people

:lol

Real14
01-08-2019, 02:15 AM
:lol

bigkingsfan
01-08-2019, 02:16 AM
No, you did it for him.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=415276

:roll:

100grandman
01-08-2019, 02:19 AM
i don't think you know what the word refuting means. you replied to people yes... but you didn't "refute" my statement in any way shape or form

You believe Lebron is being more disrespectful than Kobe. In my opinion it's false for a variety of reasons. Mainly because I believe Kobe is being sincere when he says he could beat MJ. Phil never said it was friendly trash talk, and MJ followed up his proclamation with a candid answer.

They said Kyrie wasn't open to playin with Lebron again. I proved that false by providing a link, and then explaining it for those who were too slow to use basic comprehension skills.

Im not talking about this anymore.

sportjames23
01-08-2019, 02:24 AM
No, you did it for him.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=415276

:roll:

Hi, stalker. Eat shit, stalker. :oldlol:

kennethgriffen
01-08-2019, 02:43 AM
You believe Lebron is being more disrespectful than Kobe. In my opinion it's false for a variety of reasons. Mainly because I believe Kobe is being sincere when he says he could beat MJ. Phil never said it was friendly trash talk, and MJ followed up his proclamation with a candid answer.

They said Kyrie wasn't open to playin with Lebron again. I proved that false by providing a link, and then explaining it for those who were too slow to use basic comprehension skills.

Im not talking about this anymore.

so you think its more insulting to sincerely tell a guy ( who has the ability to defend himself on the court ) that he's better than him or can beat him

...than it is to insincerely say you're better than a bunch of other guys who don't have the ability to defend themselves on the court

na

but hey... at least you tried refuting me this time. you failed miserably. but at least you tried

SamuraiSWISH
01-08-2019, 03:45 AM
so you think its more insulting to sincerely tell a guy ( who has the ability to defend himself on the court ) that he's better than him or can beat him

...than it is to insincerely say you're better than a bunch of other guys who don't have the ability to defend themselves on the court

na

but hey... at least you tried refuting me this time. you failed miserably. but at least you tried
Agreed

:cheers:

FKAri
01-08-2019, 10:56 AM
[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]Everything Jordan said on this topic was humble and honest. I

Gileraracer
01-08-2019, 11:06 AM
The fact that you think these two things are remotely comparable means there's no point investing the energy to explain otherwise.

Exactly this.