AirBonner
01-08-2019, 11:46 PM
Can we admit that he

keep-itreal
01-08-2019, 11:51 PM
Jimmy Butler and Tom Thibbdo was holding him back all this time. Good riddance

FireDavidKahn
01-08-2019, 11:52 PM
Don't blow your load yet. He's shown this stuff time and again throughout his career where he will go on great stretches for a little while and then come crashing back to Earth. After 4 years of that I will never believe that Wiggins has "improved" until he can do it consistently. I've been let down too many times with Wiggins.

Having said that...this was probably the best game of his career which is even more special because it was Ryan Saunders first game and victory in his career.

imdaman99
01-08-2019, 11:53 PM
He always lights up OKC :lol

ImKobe
01-09-2019, 12:29 AM
No one ever doubted his talent, but it's his heart/effort that we have a problem with. Dude's averaging Brandon Ingram numbers in his 5th NBA season

going into this game:

Wiggins 17/4/2 49%TS

Ingram 17/5/3 52%TS

one of them has a max contract

FireDavidKahn
01-09-2019, 12:35 AM
No one ever doubted his talent, but it's his heart/effort that we have a problem with. Dude's averaging Brandon Ingram numbers in his 5th NBA season

going into this game:

Wiggins 17/4/2 49%TS

Ingram 17/5/3 52%TS

Comparing apples to bananas. One is on their rookie contract and the other isn't.

ImKobe
01-09-2019, 12:37 AM
Comparing apples to bananas. One is on their rookie contract and the other isn't.

I'm just saying. How you putting up worse numbers than Ingram (the guy that gets shitted on constantly) while being a max player in your early 20s? Remember his contract year, where he fooled your franchise into thinking that he was a franchise player?

Ass Dan
01-09-2019, 12:44 AM
Wiggins year by year career stats are almost exactly the same as Paul George’s.

Wiggins looked great tonight.

His handle, head and head coach held him back.

Fix those and he is an elite second option.

Don’t fix em, he becomes a forgettable player.

keep-itreal
01-09-2019, 12:47 AM
I guess players can be more focus now that their head coach isn

FireDavidKahn
01-09-2019, 01:07 AM
I'm just saying. How you putting up worse numbers than Ingram (the guy that gets shitted on constantly) while being a max player in your early 20s? Remember his contract year, where he fooled your franchise into thinking that he was a franchise player?
Don't believe I am defending Wiggins because I am not. I still have next to no confidence he will ever consistently improve. But tonight he looked like a franchise player which is promising because it shows he has it in him. It's all mental with the guy and I doubt he will improve it that much.

TheImmortal
01-09-2019, 01:18 AM
Damn.. Lakers loss in retrospect wasn't all that bad. Wiggins is a monster! :eek: .. especially with Kuzma out... that's basically a W.

brooks_thompson
01-09-2019, 01:26 AM
[QUOTE=keep-itreal]I guess players can be more focus now that their head coach isn

ImKobe
01-09-2019, 01:31 AM
Don't believe I am defending Wiggins because I am not. I still have next to no confidence he will ever consistently improve. But tonight he looked like a franchise player which is promising because it shows he has it in him. It's all mental with the guy and I doubt he will improve it that much.

That's why it's so frustrating. I had hopes he would put it together when he came into the league and defended him a bunch on this board but I've been done with him for over a year now because he's mailed it in ever since getting his money. He'll have a great game every now and then, where he shows you what he's really capable of, and then he averages 15 ppg over the next 10 games.

FireDavidKahn
01-09-2019, 01:34 AM
That's why it's so frustrating. I had hopes he would put it together when he came into the league and defended him a bunch on this board but I've been done with him for over a year now because he's mailed it in ever since getting his money. He'll have a great game every now and then, where he shows you what he's really capable of, and then he averages 15 ppg over the next 10 games.

100% spot on.

And1AllDay
01-09-2019, 01:58 AM

going into this game:

Wiggins 17/4/2 49%TS

Ingram 17/5/3 52%TS

/thread

yeaaaman
01-09-2019, 05:57 AM

He's definitely had that "motor" issue but I also believed Thibs was a big issue. He's gone now so the only thing left to do is sit back and watch. We will all get our answers soon enough