PDA

View Full Version : When Klay was being called the "Best two way player" where was Kawhi?

k0kakw0rld
01-09-2019, 02:16 PM
I mean nothing against Klay. The only like-able Warrior. But he ain't got nothing on Kawhi, whether it's offensively or defensively.

Where did this shit come from? :biggums:

superduper
01-09-2019, 02:19 PM
I mean nothing against Klay. The only like-able Warrior. But he ain't got nothing on Kawhi, whether it's offensively or defensively.

Bran stans spewing nonsensical bullshit as usual.

Yeah man the most one dimensional offensive player in the league who gets lit up by Kyrie Irving every single time they meet is definitely the best 2 way player in the league!!

FireDavidKahn
01-09-2019, 03:42 PM
Umm he never was. Butler and Kawhi are probably 1/2 (not necessarily in order) two way player's in the league. Klay was never on their level

TheCorporation
01-09-2019, 05:06 PM
Umm he never was. Butler and Kawhi are probably 1/2 (not necessarily in order) two way player's in the league. Klay was never on their level

This year Kawhi is definitely #1 but I might take Klay over Butler. Especially if you look up their respective numbers and realize Klay is doing this as 3rd option with 5 dribbles per game. Impressive nonetheless.

superduper
01-09-2019, 05:08 PM
This year Kawhi is definitely #1 but I might take Klay over Butler. Especially if you look up their respective numbers and realize Klay is doing this as 3rd option with 5 dribbles per game. Impressive nonetheless.

Because that is his absolute peak capability as a basketball player.

TheCorporation
01-09-2019, 05:09 PM
Because that is his absolute peak capability as a basketball player.

Would you rather have Klay Thompson or Jimmy Butler?

superduper
01-09-2019, 05:16 PM
Would you rather have Klay Thompson or Jimmy Butler?

Depends, do you need a 1st/2nd option player that leads not only verbally but also by example that is an all around player, that can take on huge scoring loads at high efficiency while also initiating the offense and playmaking for the rest of his team AND playing elite team and man-to-man defense at the same time.

Or do you need a 3rd/4th option player who has about four good games a year, shoots quite well but performs every single other aspect of basketball at a well below average level, is an automatic turnover if he puts the ball on the floor, does not make anyone around him better/does not playmake, and gets lit up by Kyrie Irving every single time they face off?

Hard choice.

TheCorporation
01-09-2019, 05:19 PM
Depends, do you need a 1st/2nd option player that leads not only verbally but also by example that is an all around player, that can take on huge scoring loads at high efficiency while also initiating the offense and playmaking for the rest of his team AND playing elite team and man-to-man defense at the same time.

Or do you need a 3rd/4th option player who has about four good games a year, shoots quite well but performs every single other aspect of basketball at a well below average level, is an automatic turnover if he puts the ball on the floor, does not make anyone around him better/does not playmake, and gets lit up by Kyrie Irving every single time they face off?

Hard choice.

Okay, let's take a step back.

First off, you did not address the apparent locker room canceresque persona that is Jimmy Butler.

Secondly, did you really call Klay a 4th option? How can I take you seriously when you make a response as blinded as the one above? I know we may have our differences but please, for the sake of the ISH community, have a little more decency and honesty with which you respond.

superduper
01-09-2019, 05:21 PM
Okay, let's take a step back.

First off, you did not address the apparent locker room canceresque persona that is Jimmy Butler.

Secondly, did you really call Klay a 4th option? How can I take you seriously when you make a response as blinded as the one above? I know we may have our differences but please, for the sake of the ISH community, have a little more decency and honesty with which you respond.

I also said 3rd option which he absolutely is during his peak, so 4th option when he falls off (already beginning the falling off process) isn't too hard to imagine.

Rocket
01-09-2019, 05:25 PM
I do not remember Klay being called the best two way player.

TheCorporation
01-09-2019, 05:26 PM
I also said 3rd option which he absolutely is during his peak, so 4th option when he falls off (already beginning the falling off process) isn't too hard to imagine.

Come on dude. Stop being silly. Klay as a 4th option? On which team? He is a legit #2 and would probably be #2 on any team not named the Golden State Warriors. You're better than that.

Uncle Drew
01-09-2019, 06:19 PM
At that time Kawhit was too busy playing Fortnite in New York. :oldlol:

zizozain
01-09-2019, 06:38 PM
I do not remember Klay being called the best two way player.
:applause:

jstern
01-09-2019, 06:43 PM
I remember when Jordan said that Kawhi was the best two way player in the league, and people went nuts because he didn't pick Lebron.

Brujesino
01-09-2019, 06:54 PM
He was mentioned as one of the best 2 way shooting guards 2 years ago for sure.

TheCorporation
01-10-2019, 11:31 PM
He was mentioned as one of the best 2 way shooting guards 2 years ago for sure.

Without question. Who else is even in the discussion aside from Klay and Butler?

Klay
Butler

bizil
01-11-2019, 12:38 AM
Two way wise on the perimeter, I would take Kawhi, PG 13, and Butler ahead of Klay. With the Greek Freak becoming more of a PF, I would say he and AD are among the top two way players in the group of PF's and C's.

But Klay certainly ranks among the top 5 perimeter two way players. BUT what sets Klay apart is being a 3 and D guy on STEROIDS!! Going by his numbers, he's obviously a very good to great scorer. So he's more than a plain 3 and D. BUT NOBODY in NBA history has combined pure shooting ability and defense like Klay.

That's a hell of a niche to have. And is pretty much a lock to make the HOF it looks like. And be a top 10 GOAT SG.

BigShotBob
01-11-2019, 01:39 AM
Two way wise on the perimeter, I would take Kawhi, PG 13, and Butler ahead of Klay. With the Greek Freak becoming more of a PF, I would say he and AD are among the top two way players in the group of PF's and C's.

But Klay certainly ranks among the top 5 perimeter two way players. BUT what sets Klay apart is being a 3 and D guy on STEROIDS!! Going by his numbers, he's obviously a very good to great scorer. So he's more than a plain 3 and D. BUT NOBODY in NBA history has combined pure shooting ability and defense like Klay.

That's a hell of a niche to have. And is pretty much a lock to make the HOF it looks like. And be a top 10 GOAT SG.

No way in hell is Klay a top 10 GOAT SG. Put down the crack pipe and stop living in the moment for just one second and evaluate what you're saying.

bizil
07-25-2019, 06:07 PM
No way in hell is Klay a top 10 GOAT SG. Put down the crack pipe and stop living in the moment for just one second and evaluate what you're saying.

I said ONE DAY be a top 10 GOAT SG! I didn't say he was one now with your SHORT BUS ASS!See the THING is your mom smokes crack. After she got through SUCKING MY DICK, she dropped her crack pipe outta her purse. I didn't realize it UNTIL somebody else found the crack pipe in my car. Hell I didn't know she smoked crack to begin with! And from there, bullshit rumors were spread about me for a hot minute. BUT your mom was an EVEN BETTER PERSON than dick sucker! Which is saying A LOT!!! And she admitted it was her crack pipe! Brought shame to your whole family!!! But I DON'T GIVE A ****!! Because my name was cleared!

Now let's get to hoops. Klay ABSOLUTELY could be a top 10 GOAT SG by the time his career is over! Do u KNOW WHAT GOAT STATUS ENTAILS?:

Solo Accolades
Team Accolades
Longevity being Great
Numbers
Peak-prime value
Impact on the League (redefining a position, rules change because of you, etc.)

Klay FOR SURE isn't a top 10 GOAT peak-prime wise. BUT he already has 3 rings, is a 5 time All Star, 2 time All NBA, All Defensive Team, and has a Gold Medal. He's arguably the best shooter to EVER play the SG spot. In general, he's arguably the BEST BLEND of shooting and defense in NBA history! And he's only 29 years old.

He already has more rings than West, AI, Drexler, Dumars, Gervin, Miller, Pete, and Ray Allen. Guys who are ALREADY top 10 GOAT SG type of legends! So Klay has the rings OUT OF THE WAY! He just needs to keep making All Star teams and putting up those scoring numbers. And playing All League type of D! If he does that, HE WILL BE a top 10 GOAT SG!!

Kblaze8855
07-25-2019, 06:22 PM
I don

Bronbron23
07-25-2019, 07:22 PM

Ive never heard anyone call Klay the best 2 way player