PDA

View Full Version : Sixers to retire Moses Malone jersey

bison
01-11-2019, 10:08 PM
The ****? It wasn’t already retired? :biggums: the man is dead for ****s sake.

bison
01-11-2019, 10:12 PM
3 time MVP!!!!

Smook A.
01-11-2019, 10:12 PM
Should've done it 2 decades ago

bison
01-11-2019, 10:14 PM
Should've done it 2 decades ago

I have Moses Malone ranked above tim duncan

warriorfan
01-11-2019, 10:19 PM
Good for him. He was a beast. Gave 20 seasons of some really hard playing basketball. An all time great.

Smook A.
01-11-2019, 10:23 PM
I think he's probably the most underrated legend in history. He accomplished so much and put up ridiculous numbers, yet you don't hear his name that often whenever someone brings up the greats

SomeBlackDude
01-11-2019, 10:36 PM
[QUOTE=bison]The ****? It wasn

Gotterdammerung
01-11-2019, 10:38 PM

Moses Malone at his peak was more dominant than Tim Duncan as a player, indeed. In the off-season, this vicious beast of a player was brutalizing a young Hakeem at the old Fonde Rec center gym in Houston fer chrissakes. :eek:

But Tim Duncan was by far the better player, better teammate, better defender, etc.

He could fit a wider variety of offensive schemes, he could lead a weaker team to titles, and his teams always remained in contention for the playoffs, if not titles. :cheers:

ETA: link to an article on Moses and Hakeem
http://www.nba.com/2015/news/features/fran_blinebury/09/13/moses-malone-hakeem-olajuwon-fran-blinebury-feature/

bison
01-11-2019, 10:44 PM
Moses Malone at his peak was more dominant than Tim Duncan as a player, indeed. In the off-season, this vicious beast of a player was brutalizing a young Hakeem at the old Fonde Rec center gym in Houston fer chrissakes. :eek:

But Tim Duncan was by far the better player, better teammate, better defender, etc.

He could fit a wider variety of offensive schemes, he could lead a weaker team to titles, and his teams always remained in contention for the playoffs, if not titles. :cheers:

ETA: link to an article on Moses and Hakeem
http://www.nba.com/2015/news/features/fran_blinebury/09/13/moses-malone-hakeem-olajuwon-fran-blinebury-feature/

It

bizil
01-12-2019, 12:03 AM
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell I thought Moses had his number retired in Philly already!!

It's a shame he's not around to see it go down. When u think about it, Mo DIDN'T have a 7-8 year run with a single team during his prime years. Literally ALL multiple time MVPs had at least that amount of time with a team at one point in their careers. But nonetheless once he went to Philly, him and Doc formed one of the top 10 duos of all time in NBA history.

Just wish the primes of Moses, Doc, and Barkley intersected at the SAME TIME!! Even as they were when they played together, it was still one of the top 10 frontcourts ever put together. Moses was REALLY the only one in his prime. But Doc was still All Star caliber past his prime. And Chuck was already showing shades of redefining the 4 spot!

Odinn
01-12-2019, 01:56 AM
Despite his famour fo-fo-fo, Moses just spent 4 seasons in Philly. I can't blame them for not retiring his jersey before. They had both right, to retire the jersey and not to retire the jersey.