PDA

View Full Version : Replace Pippen with Olden Polynice. Does Jordan ever win a title?

DaHeezy
01-12-2019, 03:39 PM
This is the trade that changed the Bulls franchise and the career of Jordan.

If the trade never happens does Jordan win an NBA title?

MrFonzworth
01-12-2019, 03:40 PM
Yes.

Ben Simmons 25
01-12-2019, 03:40 PM
Probably because he ends up on another team or the Bulls make a trade.

But there's no way he escapes with 6. 0% chance. Definitely way less.

Scottie Pippen is probably the best SF in the history of the NBA to pair with Jordan.

DaHeezy
01-12-2019, 03:41 PM
My money says this is a hard subject for Jordan stans and a "oh great, another Jordan hate thread" post is their only reply.

I'm genuinely asking. How would this affect Jordan's career?

MrFonzworth
01-12-2019, 03:43 PM
He would still win championships.

DaHeezy
01-12-2019, 03:43 PM
Yes.

With the Pistons, Knicks, Sixers, Pacers in that era do the Bulls have the toughness to compete? Olden Polynice looked like a gangster but he really wasn't an enforcer

MrFonzworth
01-12-2019, 03:44 PM
With the Pistons, Knicks, Sixers, Pacers in that era do the Bulls have the toughness to compete? Olden Polynice looked like a gangster but he really wasn't an enforcer
Yes. They would win rings.

DaHeezy
01-12-2019, 03:45 PM

Scottie Pippen is probably the best SF in the history of the NBA to pair with Jordan.

He probably would have gone to the Sixers and teamed with Barkley and Mahorn. Although that might be volatile since Barkley and Mahorn would have slapped Jordan out if Jordan tried to dictate things

Joined the Knicks maybe and reunite with Oakley?

SomeBlackDude
01-12-2019, 03:46 PM
replace pippen with robert horry.

does hakeem ever win a title?

:confusedshrug:

DaHeezy
01-12-2019, 03:46 PM
Yes. They would win rings.

Good insight! :applause:

DaHeezy
01-12-2019, 03:47 PM
replace pippen with robert horry.

does hakeem ever win a title?

:confusedshrug:

If they were in their primes and had multiple seasons together?

Absofrickenlutely!

I saw what you tried to do. But when you look at it the way I presented it your post backfires. Lol

3ball
01-12-2019, 03:48 PM
1 with polynice

Regarding Phil Jackson -

Since the 6-seeded bulls were already taking the champs to 6 games before Phil got there, it's safe to say they would've gotten over the hump without him... although the consistency after that probably wouldn't be the same

MrFonzworth
01-12-2019, 03:49 PM
Good insight! :applause:
Me too

SomeBlackDude
01-12-2019, 03:50 PM

Absofrickenlutely!

'94 hakeem wins a ring with robert horry as his starting pf.

'98 jordan wins a ring with pippen missing half the season after back surgery.

'99 pippen joins hakeem and barkley. gets bumped off in the first round.

facts.

DaHeezy
01-12-2019, 03:52 PM
#Metoo

What does that have to do with this thread?

DaHeezy
01-12-2019, 03:55 PM
'94 hakeem wins a ring with robert horry as his starting pf.

'98 jordan wins a ring with pippen missing half the season after back surgery.

'99 pippen joins hakeem and barkley. gets bumped off in the first round.

facts.

Your point illustrates what happened in hindsight.

It doesn't illustrate what would be equivelant to OP.

If Scottie was drafted by the Rockets would be a more accurate comparison.

So your post has no credibility

#rekt

SomeBlackDude
01-12-2019, 03:58 PM

:no:

reflects what happened in reality.

35 year old mj dragged a brokeback pippen to 62 wins and another ring while winning every major award except dpoy that season (he finished 4th).

very next season pip joins up with barkley and hakeem, plays every game that season. gets bounced in the first.

again, these are facts.

DaHeezy
01-12-2019, 04:06 PM
:no:

reflects what happened in reality.

35 year old mj dragged a brokeback pippen to 62 wins and another ring while winning every major award except dpoy that season (he finished 4th).

very next season pip joins up with barkley and hakeem, plays every game that season. gets bounced in the first.

again, these are facts.
Again, that's in hindsight and not related to what the OP subject matter is.

If Pippen had been drafted by the Rockets is a more accurate comparison.

So once again, your post has no relevance. It's really quite simple to understand.

We're talking over the course of a career. Not based on one season passed their primes.

But if you wanna point out your flawed reasoning again go right ahead.

DaHeezy
01-13-2019, 03:25 AM

Scottie Pippen is the best SF in the history of the NBA to pair with Jordan.

Pippen wasn't just the perfect small forward, he was the perfect PLAYER to play with Jordan.

- Deferred shots
- deferred leadership
- took over defensive assignments
- ran point from the forward position
- first option calibre who accepted sidekick role

Any alpha would be spoiled with Pippen in the 90's

Could you imagine Pippen with Barkley In their primes (years before broken Rockets Barkley) ? :eek:

Paul George 24
01-13-2019, 03:40 AM

REPACE LECHOKE WITH JORDAN,CAVS COULD 3 PEAT IN LAST 3 YEARS

Paul George 24
01-13-2019, 03:42 AM

Absofrickenlutely!

I saw what you tried to do. But when you look at it the way I presented it your post backfires. Lol
SORRY,PIPPEN WAS KNOWN AS PLAYOFFS CHOKER IN HIS CAREER

Paul George 24
01-13-2019, 03:44 AM

It doesn't illustrate what would be equivelant to OP.

If Scottie was drafted by the Rockets would be a more accurate comparison.

So your post has no credibility

#rekt
THEN PIPPEN WOULD NOT BE A STAR WITHOUT JORDAN

Bronbron23
01-13-2019, 06:12 AM
He probably wouldn't get 6 but he'd still win chips for sure. Pip was a shell of himself in the 98 playoffs because of his back and mj still won the title so I'd assume a mj in his prime could also get it done without pips impact.

72-10
01-13-2019, 12:23 PM
Good thread! Polynice didn't turn out to have a very good career, but I think Jordan would have still had enough contributing pieces to the puzzle to win the chip. I see this most clearly happening in 92 when his skill level was still peaking and he had a mid-range shot that he made half of the time, and the Blazers were not that good.

3ball
01-13-2019, 12:32 PM
I like the logic regarding Hakeem winning with horry as his #2

If Hakeem is doing that in a league with no dominant bulls, then MJ would sneak in and win some rings with a weak sidekick too

Hey Yo
01-13-2019, 12:45 PM
He probably wouldn't get 6 but he'd still win chips for sure. Pip was a shell of himself in the 98 playoffs because of his back and mj still won the title so I'd assume a mj in his prime could also get it done without pips impact.
And yet Utah still only put up 54pts in game 3.

iamgine
01-13-2019, 01:01 PM
If the premise is a superstar winning title with a terrible team, it's unlikely. Almost all titles are won with a very good team or at least matching the opposition.

DaHeezy
01-13-2019, 04:32 PM
I like the logic regarding Hakeem winning with horry as his #2

If Hakeem is doing that in a league with no dominant bulls, then MJ would sneak in and win some rings with a weak sidekick too

Did you not read passed the fact his logic was debunked? :facepalm

God you're clueless

DaHeezy
01-13-2019, 04:33 PM
If the premise is a superstar winning title with a terrible team, it's unlikely. Almost all titles are won with a very good team or at least matching the opposition.

Funny how this logic doesn't apply in today's NBA discussion......

Skip_Bayless
01-13-2019, 04:42 PM
My money says this is a hard subject for Jordan stans and a "oh great, another Jordan hate thread" post is their only reply.

I'm genuinely asking. How would this affect Jordan's career?

Why are you stuck in a world of "what ifs" when the real world is much more appealing?

For example, some people watched MJ and saw the GOAT win 6 while other less fortunate fans of the "I wish I saw GOAT MJ" type mindset had to instead settle for watching players like LeBron lose 6.

Why continue to be miserable over it when you can just be happy for others that witnessed GOAT JORDAN?

These types of threads scream jealousy.

DaHeezy
01-13-2019, 04:47 PM
Why are you stuck in a world of "what ifs" when the real world is much more appealing?

For example, some people watched MJ and saw the GOAT win 6 while other less fortunate fans of the "I wish I saw GOAT MJ" type mindset had to instead settle for watching players like LeBron lose 6.

Why continue to be miserable over it when you can just be happy for others that witnessed GOAT JORDAN?

These types of threads scream jealousy.

These type of posts scream deflection. :lol

Lebronxrings
01-13-2019, 04:51 PM
1-9 becomes 1-15

Skip_Bayless
01-13-2019, 04:51 PM
These type of posts scream deflection. :lol

You're the one trying to deflect from reality with your "what if" ideas. :oldlol:

Why continue to be miserable over it?

DaHeezy
01-13-2019, 04:53 PM
Your the one trying to deflect from reality with your "what if" ideas. :oldlol:

Another deflection :lol

You realize the NBA forum is full of "what ifs?"

Yet this one stings for you eh? :lol

You proved that post correct. :applause:

DaHeezy
01-13-2019, 04:57 PM
"I wish I saw GOAT MJ" type mindset had to instead settle for watching players like LeBron lose 6.

Another sign of a salty Jordaneer. He's always got to bring Lebron into a thread that has nothing to do with Lebron :lol

I find it hilarious how Lebron just dictates how these idiots live their lives and how they post

Skip_Bayless
01-13-2019, 05:01 PM
Another deflection :lol

You realize the NBA forum is full of "what ifs?"

Yet this one stings for you eh? :lol

You proved that post correct. :applause:

You realize that all those "what ifs" are not any better than this nonsense hypothetical. You got exposed for attempting to disguise your jealousy over having to settle for watching LeBron over MJ, so naturally your only response is "deflection". Now we get to continue in this thread enjoying your tasty meltdown over it. Let us watch as it unfolds.

Manny98
01-13-2019, 05:10 PM
Yes through team hopping

DaHeezy
01-13-2019, 05:10 PM
You realize that all those "what ifs" are not any better than this nonsense hypothetical. You got exposed for attempting to disguise your jealousy over having to settle for watching LeBron over MJ, so naturally your only response is "deflection". Now we get to continue in this thread enjoying your tasty meltdown over it. Let us watch as it unfolds.

Another sign of a salty Jordaneer. He's always got to bring Lebron into a thread that has nothing to do with Lebron

I find it hilarious how Lebron just dictates how these idiots live their lives and how they post

Did I call it or what?

Jordaneers are so predictable :lol

No need for a wall! Just have Skip Clueless here stand at the boarder and say Mexicans are Jordan haters. He'll intercept them and send them right back! :roll:

Young X
01-13-2019, 08:17 PM
If he doesn't get another star player to go along with him, he's likely not winning shit. He needed help just like anybody else. The Bulls didn't win championships until Scottie developed into a star.

90sgoat
01-13-2019, 08:26 PM
He'd join Ewing in Knicks and they'd win 7 or 8 rings.

72-10
01-13-2019, 09:18 PM
And yet Utah still only put up 54pts in game 3.

That was an embarrassment.

Skip_Bayless
01-13-2019, 09:21 PM
If he doesn't get another star player to go along with him, he's likely not winning shit. He needed help just like anybody else. The Bulls didn't win championships until Scottie developed into a star.

Who developed him into a star?

3ball
01-13-2019, 09:25 PM
Sure but MJ needed the least

Scottie represented the least star help, or all-star help of any all-timer that won a ring - bird, curry, magic, lebron, duncan, durant, you name it - they all had more star help than mj

If you don't agree, show me a team that won 2+ rings that had less star help than the 91-93 bulls

MJ didn't average 4-5 more points than anyone in playoff history because he felt like it.. his team needed it.. and people don't realize what a massive gap 5 points is - everyone else is bunched up around 27-28 ppg, and MJ stands alone at 33.5

DaHeezy
01-13-2019, 10:59 PM
Sure but MJ needed the least

Scottie represented the least star help, or all-star help of any all-timer that won a ring - bird, curry, magic, lebron, duncan, durant, you name it - they all had more star help than mj

If you don't agree, show me a team that won 2+ rings that had less star help than the 91-93 bulls

MJ didn't average 4-5 more points than anyone in playoff history because he felt like it.. his team needed it.. and people don't realize what a massive gap 5 points is - everyone else is bunched up around 27-28 ppg, and MJ stands alone at 33.5

Lol, this guys has no context other than points.

How many wins when Jordan retired? :roll:

Diminishing Pippen to prop up Jordan is about as shallow and transparent as you can get. Even minimal level physco Jordan stans understand the value of a Scottie Pippen. 3balls credibility just sinks lower and lower. Minimal level physcos also know Jordan ain't as successful toting Olden Polynice around. You can tell 3ball got desperate he had to latch on to the least credible post to lean on. What a tool

Skip_Bayless
01-13-2019, 11:14 PM
OP's agenda in this thread.

"MJ wouldn't have won if he had no help."

He forgot that the NBA is a team sport much like he forgot that MJ had the least star help, or all-star help of any all-timer that won a ring. Thread backfire. :roll:

DaHeezy
01-13-2019, 11:26 PM
OP's agenda in this thread.

He forgot that the NBA is a team sport much like he forgot that MJ had the least star help, or all-star help of any all-timer that won a ring. Thread backfire. :roll:

You realize even to normal MJ fans admitted he'd win less right?

Lol, skip sackless is gonna have nightmares about this thread because he can't find a reasonable argument to support his cause. So he deflects and tries to spin it into trying to fault me. Lol.

The 2 biggest retards Skip and 3ball are the only ones that think Jordan could sustain the same success. Those 2 should just 69 each other and swap cumwads and blow it back into each other's mouths.

Skip_Bayless
01-13-2019, 11:34 PM
You realize even to normal MJ fans admitted he'd win less right?

So your arguments are:

"MJ would have won less without Pippen"

That's some amazing logic right there! Allow me to add to it:

Bird would have won less without McHale.
Magic would have won less without Kareem.
LeBron would have won less without Wade.

Is there a point to your shit logic because your posting screams insecurity over having to settle for watching LBJ rather than MJ. :roll:

DaHeezy
01-13-2019, 11:46 PM
So your arguments are:

"MJ would have won less without Pippen"

That's some amazing logic right there! Allow me to add to it:

Bird would have won less without McHale.
Magic would have won less without Kareem.
LeBron would have won less without Wade.

Is there a point to your shit logic because your posting screams insecurity over having to settle for watching LBJ rather than MJ. :roll:

Lol, that's actually the right logic, idiots like you can't admit it.

Your post here is so stupid it contradicts itself. Congratulations, you hit another level of stupidity. :applause:

Skip_Bayless
01-14-2019, 12:00 AM
Obviously I agree with the logic, or I wouldn't have provided the additional examples to support it. No one ever said MJ couldn't win with more help or that he would have won just as much without help that was at least at a level of a Scottie Pippen you mental midget. What people said is that even MJ needed help, just like Lebron, Bird, Magic, and everyone else that ever won. However this all being said, MJ had the least star help, or all-star help of any all-timer that won a ring.

You can't admit that MJ had the least star help, or all-star help of any all-timer that won a ring because you simply can't handle the truth. :roll:

DaHeezy
01-14-2019, 01:29 AM
Obviously I agree with the logic, or I wouldn't have provided the additional examples to support it. No one ever said MJ couldn't win with more help or that he would have won just as much without help that was at least at a level of a Scottie Pippen you mental midget. What people said is that even MJ needed help, just like Lebron, Bird, Magic, and everyone else that ever won. However this all being said, MJ had the least star help, or all-star help of any all-timer that won a ring.

You can't admit that MJ had the least star help, or all-star help of any all-timer that won a ring because you simply can't handle the truth. :roll:

Deflection confirmed :roll:

Backtracking like a bit

ballinhun8
01-14-2019, 02:55 AM
Jordan is the greatest to ever touch a basketball.

He'll win a title or two. I think Polynice probably develops into a 16/9 type of player. The Bulls don't trade Oakley. He instead develops into a super 6th man that gives Chicago crazy frontcourt delth, size, and attitude and they take out Detroit sooner than 91 but not good enough to win a title just yet.

But the talent eventually reaches a cap and they have to trade one of those bigs for a swingman to pair with MJ. Who knows but whoever it is helps the Bulls win a title in 92.

Skip_Bayless
01-14-2019, 03:00 AM
So DaHeezy admits that MJ had the least star help, or all-star help of any all-timer that won a ring.

I told him everything was going to be OK!

Good job today champ! You made us proud. You’re one step closer to being less insecure over MJ being the GOAT. :cheers:

DaHeezy
01-14-2019, 03:05 AM
[QUOTE=Skip_Bayless]So DaHeezy admits that MJ had the least star help, or all-star help of any all-timer that won a ring.

I told him everything was going to be OK!

Good job today champ! You made us proud. You

diamenz
01-14-2019, 03:09 AM
who do u have as goat, daheezy?

Skip_Bayless
01-14-2019, 03:15 AM
Another satisfying meltdown from you. Nice, very nice! I’m impressed! I must admit, I really do enjoy seeing the insecurity that stems from having to deal with the fact that MJ is the GOAT. You’ll wake up tomorrow and guess what, MJ is still the GOAT and you’ll still be holding the L.

Don’t worry though, we are going to get you the help you seek.

Everything is going to be OK! :cheers:

DaHeezy
01-14-2019, 03:22 AM
who do u have as goat, daheezy?

Personally nobody. If I had a gun to my head maybe Magic? But I'm not shaking my head at any other selection of Jordan, Lebron, Kareem, Wilt....beyond that I would be a little open to debate. But since you're one of the stans I'm assuming you'll take it for more than face value

What I don't agree with is anyone who claims a definitive position. In which Jordan stans take the cake. No I'm not talking Jordan fans. I'm talking the 3balls, Clipperrevival, skip Sportjames23 of the world. Who's bias goes beyond reason. The main difference between Jordan stans like these and the rest of the other Stan brigade is that Jordan stans think if you disagree with them, you hate Jordan.

Take this thread for example. I created a scenario that may take Jordan down a notch. Not in an attacking type of way. I call it out that a Jordan Stan would take offense and low and behold Skip Clueless swoops in and exemplifies everything I know about stans

This was a more long winded response than I wanted but I kind of new what the intention of the question was.

DaHeezy
01-14-2019, 03:25 AM
Another satisfying meltdown from you. Nice, very nice! I’m impressed! I must admit, I really do enjoy seeing the insecurity that stems from having to deal with the fact that MJ is the GOAT. You’ll wake up tomorrow and guess what, MJ is still the GOAT and you’ll still be holding the L.

Don’t worry though, we are going to get you the help you seek.

Everything is going to be OK! :cheers:

I got you in a mindloop already! Lol. Classic. I can get you to dance like my monkey for another 5 pages I bet. I'm glad. I was bored with Airtupac. I got a new mind to **** with. :lol

Time to get my post count up. The more this thread bumps the more everyone will blend you and your Sportjames23 alt. Haha. OD on a blunt yet?

DaHeezy
01-14-2019, 03:28 AM
This ****er ain't getting sleep tonight. :lol

The meltdown is real. First Lebron, now this thread. It's gonna put him in early cardiac arrest. Nobody is gonna miss you Sportjames23. Adios! :cheers:

diamenz
01-14-2019, 03:30 AM
Personally nobody. If I had a gun to my head maybe Magic? But I'm not shaking my head at any other selection of Jordan, Lebron, Kareem, Wilt....beyond that I would be a little open to debate. But since you're one of the stans I'm assuming you'll take it for more than face value

What I don't agree with is anyone who claims a definitive position. In which Jordan stans take the cake. No I'm not talking Jordan fans. I'm talking the 3balls, Clipperrevival, skip Sportjames23 of the world. Who's bias goes beyond reason. The main difference between Jordan stans like these and the rest of the other Stan brigade is that Jordan stans think if you disagree with them, you hate Jordan.

Take this thread for example. I created a scenario that may take Jordan down a notch. Not in an attacking type of way. I call it out that a Jordan Stan would take offense and low and behold Skip Clueless swoops in and exemplifies everything I know about stans

This was a more long winded response than I wanted but I kind of new what the intention of the question was.

there's really no intent behind it. u tend to come off as attempting to be unbiased or moderate, yet u seem to constantly lean anti-jordan/pro-lebron. i dunno, maybe i'm wrong. i never see u getting on dray klay's case, for example. it's always the 'jordaneers'. as if there aren't nutjobs across the entire spectrum.

i have mj as goat, but i know where to draw the line. i can appreciate and enjoy lebron, kobe, etc... harden tho... well that's a story for another day.

edit: you're both making yourselves look like idiots btw.

Skip_Bayless
01-14-2019, 03:31 AM
You can disagree with MJ not being the consensus GOAT until you are blue in the face, but it

DaHeezy
01-14-2019, 03:41 AM
there's really no intent behind it. u tend to come off as attempting to be unbiased or moderate, yet u seem to constantly lean anti-jordan/pro-lebron. i dunno, maybe i'm wrong. i never see u getting on dray klay's case, for example. it's always the 'jordaneers'. as if there aren't nutjobs across the entire spectrum.

i have mj as goat, but i know where to draw the line. i can appreciate and enjoy lebron, kobe, etc... harden tho... well that's a story for another day.

Meh, Lebron stans don't bother me. As a whole most are just defending their stance, not imposing it. Jordan stans impose it. Dray n Clay is obvi trolling and trying to get a rise out of easy targets. Such as what I'm doing with Skip here. He knows what he's doing. Whereas Jordan stans are actually seriously derranged.

I'm not worried how I look. Skip here on the other hand exemplifies exactly the reaction I invoke. He falls in the trap and gets sucked in to the meltdown loop I bait him into. Just like how I made Airtupac into the NBA page whipping boy. I will be forgotten, but the more I make Skip dance the more he gets the reputation and stigma of being Sportjames23

DaHeezy
01-14-2019, 03:44 AM
[QUOTE=Skip_Bayless]You can disagree with MJ not being the consensus GOAT until you are blue in the face, but it

Skip_Bayless
01-14-2019, 04:22 AM

I can keep him melting down all night in his own thread if that’s the route I decide to take. It’s my pleasure and he is at my mercy. I haven’t decided yet if I want to keep him up all night as I continue to cause him to melt. He’s like my little ball of clay to mold and manipulate as I see fit. It’s now progressed to the point where he’s so mentally exhausted due to my manipulation that he’s become indecisive. He’s at the point where he can’t even come to a solid conclusion on who he thinks is GOAT. :oldlol:

DaHeezy
01-14-2019, 04:28 AM
[QUOTE=Skip_Bayless]I can keep him melting down all night in his own thread if that

Skip_Bayless
01-14-2019, 04:36 AM
Yep, just like a little ball of clay. Called it! :rockon:

DaHeezy
01-14-2019, 04:42 AM
Yep, just like a little ball of clay. Called it! :rockon:

Lol, everyone knows I got you dancing like mymlittle monkey lol. They're thanking me for locking you up in your room I created for you. :lol

Now the only thing you are clinging on to is trying make it look like you turned it. Pathetic.

Look up DaHeezy and check my longest threads. Then check out the ISH whipping boys. Lol. You just became next on my list Sportjames23. Hahah. Already ****img up how you post in other threads

Skip_Bayless
01-14-2019, 04:47 AM
I got him locked in his own thread, which was my original plan all along. Meanwhile I

DaHeezy
01-14-2019, 04:49 AM
[QUOTE=Skip_Bayless]I got him locked in his own thread, which was my original plan all along. Meanwhile I

DaHeezy
01-14-2019, 04:51 AM
This guy knows he's caught in my infamous loops he's getting desperate with the replies. :lol
First sign of losing is repeating what someone says and trying to throw it back. Classic meltdown loop.

Now go repeat my pet parrot:

Skip_Bayless
01-14-2019, 04:52 AM
Yep, my little clay ball for the night. The only question now his how many times over do I want to roll him?:confusedshrug:

DaHeezy
01-14-2019, 04:57 AM
Yep, my little clay ball for the night. The only question now his how many times over do I want to roll him?:confusedshrug:

I called it! :lol

This stupid f_ck is bumping his own meltdown show. Too easy.

I love how I can make posters dance.

You're welcome ISH. Got rid of another vermin for ya. I'll keep my pet occupied while you all talk some basketball

BigShotBob
01-14-2019, 05:59 AM
If the Bulls drafted Mark Jackson or Kevin Johnson then they would have arguably been better. Especially with KJ.

I loved KJ he was such a gunner and a gamer (in a good way). KJ running with MJ playing the triangle and pushing the pace would have been an excellent sight to see.

I always thought that the Bulls needed a point guard. Drafting Pippen hindered them for several years imo. Which was good since I was a Jordan hater and loved watching him lose thanks to Pippen's blunders.

Not to mention that Reggie Miller was in the same draft class as well so the Bulls could have potentially gotten him.

Lebron23
08-31-2022, 04:14 AM
Hell No

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK_XqnhCR24

TheGoatest
08-31-2022, 04:40 AM
Replace Pippen with Olden Polynice. Does Jordan ever win a title?

Hmm... Let's see:

jordon without The Great Scott Pippen: 0-5 .500 seasons, 1-9 playoff record, which only exists because he was allowed to make the playoffs on 30-52 records in an era where 8 out of 11 teams from the eastern conference made the playoffs
jordon with The Great Scott Pippen: 10-10 .500 seasons, 6 titles in 10 seasons

Olden Polynice was way worse player than the 23 ppg on .500 averaging Orlando Woolridge, or the 15/13/4 averaging Charles Oakley, and jordon failed to reach .500 with either of these players in an era where a rookie Chuck Person led his team full of never all-stars to .500..

Um, yeah, safe to say that jordon would carry on with his sub-.500 seasons with Olden Polynice, and unlike the 1985-1987 era, these would not be sufficient for a playoff spot, let alone a ring. :oldlol:

light
08-31-2022, 05:23 AM

He could've won if he left Chicago to play with Ewing, Oakley, Mason and Pat Riley in New York. Those Knicks teams were already very good - the 1992-93 team was a 60 win team - and if they replaced Starks with MJ they would've won something. But if he stayed in Chicago and help didn't arrive he would've just continued to struggle and probably would've wanted to leave.

3ba11
08-31-2022, 12:34 PM
The Bulls' almost beat the champs in 89' with 9 on 40% from Pippen, so Jordan could've won with anyone in his place, including peak Polynice (https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/1996-nba-western-conference-first-round-kings-vs-supersonics.html)

bison
08-31-2022, 02:36 PM
The Bulls' almost beat the champs in 89' with 9 on 40% from Pippen, so Jordan could've won with anyone in his place, including peak Polynice (https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/1996-nba-western-conference-first-round-kings-vs-supersonics.html)

I would even go further and say with Jordan carrying the scoring load, Polynice would be free to be more of an all around player. His box score statistics would get a boost all around. And then add the 6 rings, Olden Polynice would get a few all star appearances, would be a glorified role player and possibly top 100 nba all timer. Jordan made Pippen's career.