PDA

View Full Version : How do you fix the Celtics?

AirBonner
01-12-2019, 11:35 PM
They need to find a way of dumping a big contract. Preferably Hayward and Horford

Devin Booker
01-12-2019, 11:38 PM
They need rim protection/rebounding.

Andre Drummond might be a good target, or they could start playing Williams more.

Danny Ainge needs to make a move to thin out the roster a bit, too many people that need minutes (Jaylen), this roster needs more energy vets off the bench.

Wally450
01-12-2019, 11:48 PM
They need to just play better. No reason losing to the lowly
Orlando Magic. Offering trades when they're losing isn't going to help. They're fine personnel wise, just need to figure it out on the road.

AirBonner
01-12-2019, 11:49 PM
They need rim protection/rebounding.

Andre Drummond might be a good target, or they could start playing Williams more.

Danny Ainge needs to make a move to thin out the roster a bit, too many people that need minutes (Jaylen), this roster needs more energy vets off the bench.
Agree. Hayward's game is starting to piss me off. He is easily the worst contract in the NBA

AirBonner
01-12-2019, 11:50 PM
They need to just play better. No reason losing to the lowly
Orlando Magic. Offering trades when they're losing isn't going to help. They're fine personnel wise, just need to figure it out on the road.
Celtics are past that point. It is clear this is who they are with the current personnel. I never thought I'd be saying this but Smart is the only likeable player on this team :oldlol:

Manny98
01-12-2019, 11:56 PM
Blow it up

Milbuck
01-13-2019, 12:42 AM
Trade Jaylen and Rozier, they're frauds. Jaylen might become a good player, good starter or something like that. But he'll never become a true franchise player. Rozier is just trash. The rest of the team is fine honestly, but those two have been probably the biggest reasons for their disappointing season.

Trade Hayward too, but I doubt any team would take his contract now.

highwhey
01-13-2019, 12:49 AM
Trade Jaylen and Rozier, they're frauds. Jaylen might become a good player, good starter or something like that. But he'll never become a true franchise player. Rozier is just trash. The rest of the team is fine honestly, but those two have been probably the biggest reasons for their disappointing season.

Trade Hayward too, but I doubt any team would take his contract now.
https://i.postimg.cc/LXXv0r7h/fdf7167469b57f177edbf7a9e3eec5f5.png

Danny Ainge's negotiation skills are going to bite him in the azz. he held out for too long. teams were calling earlier, much earlier, about rozier and he held out for high rewards...no one bit. ain't no one biting for rozier after he's been exposed for what he is.

PeroAntic
01-13-2019, 09:30 AM
Theres nothing to fix, its regular season ups and downs, in the playoffs its either them or Philly to the finals.

Lakessss
01-13-2019, 09:32 AM
Kyrie for Lonzo

brooks_thompson
01-13-2019, 10:58 AM
I get the idea that out of all the drama, Jaylen Brown is causing as much as anyone behind the scenes. He's gotten rightful criticism for his poor play, but I don't think he's gotten enough for how he's retreated into his own head. He's alienated his teammates by doing so, on top of already being hailed as an intellectual and a thinker (moreso than he is), which is bound to get a bunch of eyerolls from a bunch of professional jocks, stereotypes be damned.

Hayward I think is a very interesting single-case study on the huge difference confidence makes in the NBA. It's intriguing to think of confidence as the differential between being a 22 a game All-Star and an 8th man (if that). Of course, it would be a little more conclusive if we got to see how he played with the Celtics last year instead of having to refer to him on a different team. But still.

The Hayward thing is just unfortunate though. Not everyone can come back more ferocious from serious injuries like a Russell Westbrook, I understand that. I actually broke my ankle and had some bad ligament damage, and it's tough. I admit I never played basketball as hard again after that. But I also didn't have $30 million on the line and a team of professionals expecting me not to drag them down. I think he's not rising to the occasion as much as he could on another team because he's under the Stevens security blanket.

Rocket
01-13-2019, 11:45 AM
Kyrie for Lonzo

:roll::roll::roll::roll:

dbugz
01-13-2019, 11:47 AM
Theres nothing to fix, its regular season ups and downs, in the playoffs its either them or Philly to the finals.

This!

Magic is a decent team. Everyone is acting up like Magic is a trash team.

This magic team also beat the Raptors and almost won the other game.

Ben Simmons 25
01-13-2019, 11:47 AM
To fix the Celtics you have to shed Kyrie or Hayward. It's that simple.

JohnnySic
01-13-2019, 11:51 AM
Too many players, not enough minutes. Dont think any big trades will happen during the season, but ultimately they need to consolidate quantity for quality. I think Ainge is waiting to see how the Davis thing pans out.

Horford/Brown/Rozier + picks for Davis + misc.

Or something like that.

DMAVS41
01-13-2019, 12:00 PM
Too many players, not enough minutes. Dont think any big trades will happen during the season, but ultimately they need to consolidate quantity for quality. I think Ainge is waiting to see how the Davis thing pans out.

Horford/Brown/Rozier + picks for Davis + misc.

Or something like that.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybw96dqq

With Pels getting Kings pick, Memphis pick, and with 19 Boston pick or Clippers pick.

Would be hard to turn that down for the Pels...unless;

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7aln6bj

With Pels getting the Miami pick.

Manny98
01-13-2019, 12:15 PM
Get rid of the Cancer

Remember Celtics were one game away from the NBA finals without even needing Kyrie