PDA

View Full Version : Curry disappears when it matters

JohnMax
01-14-2019, 02:04 PM
Props to this twitter user for telling it how it is

Meanwhile in the NBA, Steph Curry is absolutely dominanting the Mavericks. He knows nobody cares about basketball today so it’s pressure free. Great player when there’s no pressure. link (https://twitter.com/SportsTalkBarry/status/1084623761175969792)

Steph Curry tonight:

48 points
11 3’s
0 Finals MVP’s

Best player of all-time in mid-January games against below .500 teams. link (https://twitter.com/SportsTalkBarry/status/1084637175969398784)

Stephonit
01-14-2019, 02:11 PM
I don't care about no 48 points, 11 3's against a below .500 team. I want to see this guy show up against best teams. We take Lebron for granted but look at all good games he's had against elite teams like Spurs and Warriors in June (even if he loses).

Better to forget LeBron's series against the Mavericks right? Curry has shown up even when he had an excuse not to. LeBron should count his lucky stars that he met Steph when he did and not when Steph was at full strength or LeBron wouldn't have much of a record to speak of.

SouBeachTalents
01-14-2019, 02:13 PM
Better to forget LeBron's series against the Mavericks right? Curry has shown up even when he had an excuse not to. LeBron should count his lucky stars that he met Steph when he did and not when Steph was at full strength or LeBron wouldn't have much of a record to speak of.
The fck does LeBron have to do with anything :oldlol:

AirBonner
01-14-2019, 02:14 PM
LeBron fvcked Curry so bad he needed Durant to join his team.

Stephonit
01-14-2019, 02:19 PM

Ask the OP.

LeBron fvcked Curry so bad he needed Durant to join his team.

Curry destroyed LeBron so bad, LeBron had his coach fired and was later compelled to abandon his hometown again.

Wally450
01-14-2019, 02:27 PM
Curry destroyed LeBron so bad, LeBron had his coach fired and was later compelled to abandon his hometown again.

When did Curry destroy LeBron?

Akrazotile
01-14-2019, 03:06 PM
I and numerous other posters have been "telling this like it is" for years. :confusedshrug:

warriorfan
01-14-2019, 03:10 PM
Ask the OP.

lol his return to Cleveland got absolutely shit on and then was chased out of his own city :lol

bdonovan
01-14-2019, 03:16 PM
Props to this twitter user for telling it how it is

Is it just me or are the lowest quality posters on this forum the ones with a Kobe profile image?

Do the Finals matter? He scored 27.5 pts/game and 41.5% from 3-pt range in the last one. He made 22 3's the series, the Cavs as a team got 36.

You also have to actually watch the games to determine impact because the box score doesn't capture it. He's always anchored the offense and always played team defense well. If he caved when they needed him most, GSW wouldn't have the rings they do. It's always been a team-team but to imply he disappears in these moments- it's more of a provocative thing to say than something that can be sensibly reasoned.

superduper
01-14-2019, 03:29 PM
Is it just me or are the lowest quality posters on this forum the ones with a Kobe profile image?

Do the Finals matter? He scored 27.5 pts/game and 41.5% from 3-pt range in the last one. He made 22 3's the series, the Cavs as a team got 36.

You also have to actually watch the games to determine impact because the box score doesn't capture it. He's always anchored the offense and always played team defense well. If he caved when they needed him most, GSW wouldn't have the rings they do. It's always been a team-team but to imply he disappears in these moments- it's more of a provocative thing to say than something that can be sensibly reasoned.

Are you guys blind to all the Bran alts spreading their retarded cancer or what?

Real14
01-14-2019, 03:42 PM
Cuz he the true one that disappears:oldlol:

scuzzy
01-14-2019, 03:45 PM

https://i.postimg.cc/h4x9FYrX/dfbdfdf.jpg

SouBeachTalents
01-14-2019, 03:49 PM

TMZ obliterated

Lebronxrings
01-14-2019, 04:11 PM
its always like this. Check the box scores when the warriors go against good teams. Curry plays like crap while durant either plays well or his usual consistent self.

Stephonit
01-14-2019, 04:24 PM
its always like this. Check the box scores when the warriors go against good teams. Curry plays like crap while durant either plays well or his usual consistent self.

It completely blows the minds of LeBron's fans that a player like Curry can be effective even without stuffing the box score like their hero. Warriors fans would rather have Curry score 30 than Durant score 40. The former is much more predictive of winning. So you can take LeBron and his box score numbers, Warriors fans will gladly take Curry's wins.

AlternativeAcc.
01-14-2019, 07:09 PM
Water is wet.

Anyone that gets excited about curry going off on lottery teams in jan. should literally kill themselves.

Curry is a joke.

knicksman
01-14-2019, 07:29 PM

yet its kobe whos 5/7 while the supposed smart stans hero is only 3/9.

And1AllDay
01-14-2019, 07:48 PM
Water is wet.

Anyone that gets excited about curry going off on lottery teams in jan. should literally kill themselves.

Curry is a joke.

B-b-b he choked every Finals and is 4/44 in Finals MVP voting he is so good man :eek: :oldlol:

hold this L
01-14-2019, 08:22 PM
I'm impressed you're quoting someone instead of pretending you wrote it like 99% of your posts

Doranku
01-14-2019, 08:56 PM
Curry was great in 3 of his 4 finals. :confusedshrug:

2016 was a big black mark tho, on the level of '11 Bron/'04 Kobe. Just an awful all-around performance punctuated by a monumental collapse in game 7. Dude was flat out terrible down the stretch.

2015, 2017, and 2018? Superstar production and impact. This whole notion of Curry being shit in the finals is completely overblown.

SouBeachTalents
01-14-2019, 09:03 PM
Curry was great in 3 of his 4 finals. :confusedshrug:

2016 was a big black mark tho, on the level of '11 Bron/'04 Kobe. Just an awful all-around performance punctuated by a monumental collapse in game 7. Dude was flat out terrible down the stretch.

2015, 2017, and 2018? Superstar production and impact. This whole notion of Curry being shit in the finals is completely overblown.
I agreee with everything you said bruh, except 2015. He had one truly great performance, Game 5; but the rest of the series, against a comically undermanned Cavs team, he ranged from decent to terrible. His last 2 Finals imo were on a clear level above that one.

The most legitimate knock on Curry is he can’t get through a Finals series without an absolutely terrible game. 5/23 in ‘15, 4/13 in ‘17, 3/16 last year, and several bad ones in 2016

DidUSaySomethin
01-14-2019, 10:19 PM
curry's easily one of the 5 most clutch players in the league

StrongLurk
01-14-2019, 10:24 PM
Curry doesn't disappear from big moments, but he doesn't own them either.

He's just pretty good, like a lot of all stars/stars in big moments.

Nothing to scoff at or even thread worthy.

Now if we are talking SOLELY about finals, he's probably a top 20-25 finals player of all time, which is in line with his all time ranking.

warriorfan
01-14-2019, 10:59 PM
Curry doesn't disappear from big moments, but he doesn't own them either.

He's just pretty good, like a lot of all stars/stars in big moments.

Nothing to scoff at or even thread worthy.

Now if we are talking SOLELY about finals, he's probably a top 20-25 finals player of all time, which is in line with his all time ranking.

Wanna name 20 better finals performers than curry?

bigkingsfan
01-14-2019, 11:04 PM
Every player that have won a FMVP

warriorfan
01-14-2019, 11:11 PM

some low iq shit right here

StrongLurk
01-14-2019, 11:12 PM

MJ, Kareem, Lebron, Shaq, Durant, Kobe, Hakeem, Jerry West, Bill Russell, Duncan, Magic, Elgin Baylor off the top of my head.

Curry might be top 15, you have other guys like Wade somewhere in there for 2006, 2011 and 2012. Also there are technically ABA players like Dr. J. You do have other standouts who simply have made it to the finals less, but reasons for that are a different discussion. A

Anyways I will say Curry will finish as a top 15-25 player of all time and his finals play is essentially in line with that.

NOTE: Curry should have won FMVP in 2015, although it would be a very weak FMVP regardless.

warriorfan
01-14-2019, 11:25 PM
MJ, Kareem, Lebron, Shaq, Durant, Kobe, Hakeem, Jerry West, Bill Russell, Duncan, Magic, Elgin Baylor off the top of my head.

Curry might be top 15, you have other guys like Wade somewhere in there for 2006, 2011 and 2012. Also there are technically ABA players like Dr. J. You do have other standouts who simply have made it to the finals less, but reasons for that are a different discussion. A

Anyways I will say Curry will finish as a top 15-25 player of all time and his finals play is essentially in line with that.

NOTE: Curry should have won FMVP in 2015, although it would be a very weak FMVP regardless.

Ok that list looks pretty legit for the most part. The Curry being 20 to 25 Finals performer wasn

And1AllDay
01-14-2019, 11:40 PM

https://i.postimg.cc/Fs3Py0nq/tenor.gif

Dray n Klay
01-15-2019, 12:21 AM
[QUOTE=warriorfan]Ok that list looks pretty legit for the most part. The Curry being 20 to 25 Finals performer wasn

Stephonit
01-15-2019, 01:18 AM

Of the players mentioned Curry beat two that he faced in the playoffs. Somehow they weren't able to overcome Curry despite ostensibly being more impressive. Curry is simply more effective.

RRR3
01-15-2019, 01:19 AM
Of the players mentioned Curry beat two that he faced in the playoffs. Somehow they weren't able to overcome Curry despite ostensibly being more impressive. Curry is simply more effective.
LeBron embarrassed Curry the only time their teams were remotely on an even playin field, so not sure what your point is here.

warriorfan
01-15-2019, 01:23 AM
LeBron embarrassed Curry the only time their teams were remotely on an even playin field, so not sure what your point is here.
https://i.postimg.cc/T1hNhM9V/41-FCB665-2-A67-4670-9676-92-DED2-DC2566.jpg

nice try fatty

RRR3
01-15-2019, 01:24 AM
Curry blew a 3-1 lead :(
Yes he did.

Stephonit
01-15-2019, 01:24 AM

If squeaking by in a 7 game series where LeBron had to get one of Curry's teammates suspended for a game to turn things around is getting embarrassed then I questions your definitions. LeBron should be embarrassed that he has to point to that as the peak achievement of his career.

Dray n Klay
01-15-2019, 01:27 AM
If squeaking by in a 7 game series where LeBron had to get one of Curry's teammates suspended for a game to turn things around is getting embarrassed then I questions your definitions. LeBron should be embarrassed that he has to point to that as the peak achievement of his career.

Lol, Curry played 4 Finals and was never even a Top 2 player in any of the series.

Why are you even comparing him to LeBron? :lol

He should be compared to Kevin Love in terms of Finals impact

Stephonit
01-15-2019, 01:43 AM
Lol, Curry played 4 Finals and was never even a Top 2 player in any of the series.

Who was the best player then in those series? LeBron? He lost 3 times out of 4 and relied on the harder matchups in the West to soften up the Warriors and the refs to bail him out in his sole win. Curry beat two MVP calibers players playing against him simultaneously

RRR3
01-15-2019, 01:47 AM
[QUOTE=Stephonit]Who was the best player then in those series? LeBron? He lost 3 times out of 4 and relied on the harder matchups in the West to soften up the Warriors and the refs to bail him out in his sole win. Curry beat two MVP calibers players playing against him simultaneously

Stephonit
01-15-2019, 01:52 AM
[QUOTE=RRR3]I like how we

RRR3
01-15-2019, 01:54 AM
Curry beat KD and the MVP the following year. LeBron cannot beat them even with another top 10 career finals scorer as his teammate?

Last year I saw LeBron give up in overtime not just the game which I might find understandable but the series as well.
Curry didn’t beat anyone. Bailed out by daddy Klay.

Lol @ acting like the refs were fair in game 1.

What a dishonest troll.

Stephonit
01-15-2019, 01:57 AM
[QUOTE=RRR3]Curry didn

RRR3
01-15-2019, 01:58 AM
Bailed out as much as Kyrie saving LeBron's bacon. A LeBron troll calling someone else dishonest. How ironic.
LeBron hit the series clinching FT.

Curry was busy throwing the ball out of bounds.

Stephonit
01-15-2019, 02:01 AM
LeBron hit the series clinching FT.

Curry was busy throwing the ball out of bounds.

One series. There were three others. 3-1 Curry.

SouBeachTalents
01-15-2019, 02:02 AM
One series. There were three others. 3-1 Curry.
And Curry was outplayed by LeBron in all of them

RRR3
01-15-2019, 02:06 AM
:roll:

Stephonit
01-15-2019, 02:22 AM

Only if your definition of outplaying someone means losing. But that's what LeBron fandom is about: appearances more than results.

And1AllDay
01-15-2019, 03:36 PM
Only if your definition of outplaying someone means losing. But that's what LeBron fandom is about: appearances more than results.

Curry has been the third best player on every Finals at best :oldlol:

deal with it

And1AllDay
01-15-2019, 03:37 PM

Facts

Curry was never even the second best player in any series :oldlol:

Shit is funny when you think about it. He wasn't even the Co FMVP :oldlol:

2015: Bron, Iggy, Curry/Delly
2016: Bron, Draymond, Kyrie, Curry
2017: Bron, Durant, Curry, Kyrie
2018: Bron, Durant, Curry

:oldlol: