PDA

View Full Version : Back-to-back 50 pieces

LoneyROY7
01-16-2019, 11:17 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/pLhftkMM/Oh4pUzh.gif

Averaging over 35 ppg on the season now.

:hammertime:

lilteapot
01-16-2019, 11:18 PM
cant hate on this run man.

LAmbruh
01-16-2019, 11:19 PM

SouBeachTalents
01-16-2019, 11:30 PM
Hol up, let me get my magnifying glass

Akrazotile
01-16-2019, 11:33 PM
This man is a GOD* :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

*comments apply to regular season performances only, some restrictions apply (typically in the post season). Void where prohibited.

Gus Hemmingway
01-16-2019, 11:36 PM
Nikka is doing everything Kobe's legacy was swooned for in 2006 but....

rebounding, passing, defending, playmaking and most importantly -- WINNING :rockon:

LoneyROY7
01-16-2019, 11:37 PM
I'm shook. :lol :cry:

oh the horror
01-16-2019, 11:38 PM

rebounding, passing, defending, playmaking and most importantly -- WINNING :rockon:

Dude shot 30+ shots and 20+ freethrows and they lost.

stalkerforlife
01-16-2019, 11:39 PM
And no one cares.

lilteapot
01-16-2019, 11:40 PM
ahahahahaa

LoneyROY7
01-16-2019, 11:41 PM
What a ridiculous loss my god. :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Smook A.
01-16-2019, 11:42 PM
What a ridiculous loss my god. :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:
That one hurt

CelticBaller
01-16-2019, 11:43 PM
cant see shit

Akrazotile
01-16-2019, 11:44 PM
That one hurt

I wouldn't get too upset by these losses bro.

We know Harden doesnt.

Manny98
01-16-2019, 11:45 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

LoneyROY7
01-16-2019, 11:48 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Manny I have a question for you...

k0kakw0rld
01-16-2019, 11:49 PM
He is exhausting himself. First round exit guaranteed. :oldlol:

SamuraiSWISH
01-16-2019, 11:50 PM

Except doesn

Manny98
01-16-2019, 11:57 PM
Manny I have a question for you...
U mad?

https://i.postimg.cc/ncJzBTy0/1132950-v9-ba.jpg

superduper
01-17-2019, 12:06 AM
You have to be literally retarded to not be impressed by this run. Despite his flopping ways the dude is incredibly talented. He hits impossible shots

LAmbruh
01-17-2019, 12:08 AM

:hammertime: :djparty

Gileraracer
01-17-2019, 04:06 AM
23 free throws with 19 3PA

:roll: :roll: :roll:

The agenda should be clear by now. Silver wants Harden to be the next manufactured star SO bad. :facepalm

hold this L
01-17-2019, 04:49 AM
I wouldn't get too upset by these losses bro.

We know Harden doesnt.
Damn :lol

pauk
01-17-2019, 04:53 AM
I would take Hardens scoring with a grain of salt, he is good but this dude averages what 20 PPG on simply freethrows, he is the GOAT FT exploiter... with 0 FG attempts he can average 20 PPG....

coin24
01-17-2019, 05:32 AM
23 free throws with 19 3PA

:roll: :roll: :roll:

The agenda should be clear by now. Silver wants Harden to be the next manufactured star SO bad. :facepalm

:lol :lol

Riveting bball

Cosmonaut
01-17-2019, 07:17 AM
I would take Hardens scoring with a grain of salt, he is good but this dude averages what 20 PPG on simply freethrows, he is the GOAT FT exploiter... with 0 FG attempts he can average 20 PPG....

So 10FTM is 20FTM? and 0FG is 10fg?

He isn't exploiting, he is making undisciplined defenders pay for their mistakes. The guy gets fouled and its not his fault defenders can't keep their hands out of the cookie Jar

Anyways love or hate Harden, He has scored 57 points and 58 points in his last 2 games. How many players in the history of the game have accomplished 115 points in 2 games? I can't imagine too many.

Walk on Water
01-17-2019, 07:33 AM
You have to be literally retarded to not be impressed by this run. Despite his flopping ways the dude is incredibly talented. He hits impossible shots

You have to be naive to be super impressed by it.

Btw Warriors getting Cousins that is impressive.

Harden is a ball hog. Step back travel three pointers and flops. He has to do all that illegal play to get his number.

Walk on Water
01-17-2019, 07:34 AM
So 10FTM is 20FTM? and 0FG is 10fg?

He isn't exploiting, he is making undisciplined defenders pay for their mistakes. The guy gets fouled and its not his fault defenders can't keep their hands out of the cookie Jar

Anyways love or hate Harden, He has scored 57 points and 58 points in his last 2 games. How many players in the history of the game have accomplished 115 points in 2 games? I can't imagine too many.

He cheats....

Kblaze8855
01-17-2019, 07:36 AM

Like all else its relative.

Harden is taking around 30 shots a game in this run.

Steph has only taken 30 shots in 6 games of his career and he averages 43ppg. Kemba? 45ppg. Reggie Miller never took 30 shots but in the games he took 28 or 29 he averaged 42ppg. He took 29 in one only of those games and had 57 points. Anthony Davis in 21 games? 43ppg. Barkley? 43 a game.

And if you go check most of them arent like....38-39 shots. Most players barely have any games like that. They are often right at 30. Harden has taken more shots than Barkley ever did 8 times this season alone. Arenas took 30 shots in 11 games. He scored between 36 and 60 points in all but two of them.

It just makes it hard to know what to think of it.

Which scorers you would call great wouldnt be scoring 40ppg if they took 25-35 shots nightly? Maybe not in 1999 when scoring was nearly impossible but today?

I gotta imagine that 01 Paul Pierce given 30 shots today is gonna put in work. With the way he could draw fouls? He took 34 shots on the Nets that gave up 92ppg....and had among the top defensive numbers in the league for the advanced stats types. He scored 48. We have 4 teams giving up 115+ a game. The worst defense in 02 gave up one tenth of a point more than the best defense in the NBA does right now.

How do we account for that when determining how impressed we should be?

There is no way Rileys Heat would allow these games. Not because Harden wouldnt be able to score one on one on those guys(He could)....but because they would slow the game down too much. They gave up 84ppg one year just off playing slower than anyone and beating people up. January 13th 1998 the Heat played the Blazers in a game that ended 68 to 76. The Blazers took only 68 shots. Taking the same percentage of team shots he took last night...in that game Harden takes 22 instead of 34. The Heat only took 16 free throws as a team that game. Harden took 23.

It isnt that its no longer impressive to score a lot....its just that we need time to see what the new standards have to be.

Wilt was ROY and MVP for a 37/27 season because nobody has seen anything like it coming out of the slow ass 50s. By 62 he put up 50ppg and didnt even win MVP. Wasnt second either. Im sure people stopped being blown away by Wilt dropping 40 once they realized that in the 60s he, Baylor, West, Oscar, Pettit, Bellamy, and so on were gonna be able to do it at will because scoring exploded and everyone started to run to copy the Celtics. Everyone now is spacing the floor, running, and shooting threes to copy the Warriors....with the help of the league changing rules to hurt defenses even more.

Its obviously still something that requires tremendous talent but we are in the modern version of 1959. A new era is here and we dont know what to make of these insane numbers yet. 13 people put up 25ppg. It was 3 20 years ago. I promise you prime Grant Hill wouldnt be doing 21ppg in 41 minutes a night in this league.

It would be unfair to act like Harden doesnt require all time great talent to do these things. But everything has to be judged in context.

We need to see if this is the new norm or a new rules outlier like 2006.

If this is the NBA from now on 40 point nights wont even be worth watching the highlights of. Just be a good player having a marginally better than usual night vs a team that gave up 140 for the second time that week. The Nets are better than their reputation but I dont know if they are dropping 145 in too many other times....

They had 46 in the 4th. We were just getting over the Warriors having 51 in a quarter acting like it was because of the Warriors immense talent. Its this league. Its the 3s being extra points of course...its the spacing...its the rule changes...its exploiting illegal screens...its flopping...its the new shot clock rule making you play faster off offensive rebounds..its a lot of things both good and bad. Its a league full of people playing like the late 80s/early 90s Nuggets just trying to outscore you. Which is fine....but we have to consider it when teams score 100 on them in a half or guys have 26 in the first quarter you know?

It doesnt mean the people doing it cant be great. It just means.....you gotta factor it in. Harden would be no less talented dropped into 2004. Hed be a lot less productive though.

It has to count....right?

Nobody seems to give 60s players full credit for their numbers. Its quite possible people look at this league that way in time. Or....it could be the beginning of an even more insane era. Someone might score 40ppg for the year in 2025.

We just have to wait and see. In the meantime its perfectly reasons cheer and support your favorite players. Im sure people went wild for Richie Guerin scoring 30ppg in the 60s before they realized what was happening league wide. Its fine to be happy and make a big deal of it. Its also fair to ask "What the hell is going on?" while admitting the players are still great.

You cant blame Harden for the freedom of movement rules, 14 second clock reset, refs letting you just fall on a 3 to get free throws or an increase in possessions giving a team more shot attempts. 20 years ago the Rockets took 76 shots a game. 10 years ago they took 79. The Rockets just took 70 threes alone last night. Adding 10 shots a game is gonna get the star at least....2-3 more looks. Thats how a hot streak goes from 36ppg to 42. None of that is Harden fault.

Its still fair to acknowledge it though.

r0drig0lac
01-17-2019, 09:00 AM
Like all else its relative.

Harden is taking around 30 shots a game in this run.

Steph has only taken 30 shots in 6 games of his career and he averages 43ppg. Kemba? 45ppg. Reggie Miller never took 30 shots but in the games he took 28 or 29 he averaged 42ppg. He took 29 in one only of those games and had 57 points. Anthony Davis in 21 games? 43ppg. Barkley? 43 a game.

And if you go check most of them arent like....38-39 shots. Most players barely have any games like that. They are often right at 30. Harden has taken more shots than Barkley ever did 8 times this season alone. Arenas took 30 shots in 11 games. He scored between 36 and 60 points in all but two of them.

very interesting

Kblaze8855
01-17-2019, 09:08 AM
Really any huge scoring run is gonna come on a lot of shots. Doesnt matter if its MJ, Kobe, Harden, Wilt, or whatever. Nobody is gonna score 40ppg on 18 shots a night. So its to be expected....but it just makes me wonder what some would do given the ultimate green light in games that dont much matter. I just wish I could see what Dirk averages on 28-30 shots a night. Or even a guy like Glen Rice. It isnt easy to maintain it for long since getting that many shots in generally gonna wear you out....but nobody is saying its easy.

Id just like to see some people try so we could have a better baseline to judge it against.

Everyone who has these runs of 28-30 shots a night scores a lot. Everyone great at least. Are you better because you shoot more....or are you just shooting more?

If Paul returns and Harden has less ISO time...is he playing worse....or just differently?

Makes you think about what greatness is really. Circumstance has a lot to do with it. Paul stays healthy and Melo works out hed never be shooting so much....wouldnt be such a story. But he wouldnt be any worse.

Its all hard to judge really. Jerry Stackhouse kinda had a good test case season for this. He put up 30ppg on 24 shots a night....had games he took 36 shots and scored 57...and a game he took 34 and scored 21. He went.....prepare yourself for this number....

7-34 from the field one game.

Granted he was playing in a much different league....but hes also like 2 tiers below the people in question as a scorer.

Stackhouse...Michael Finley...Glenn Robinson...Sprewell...all capable scorers. But not like....top flight. They are in a normal situation gonna do like 19-22ppg.

Above that level id put the Grant Hill and Mullin types. Guys who can comfortably give you 25 a night even if they dont choose to at the moment.

Im not sure where to put the Hardens and Pierces and all. On their own level? With maybe Bernard King...Gervin...couple others with them.

You putting Harden with KD, Kobe, and Jordan on that top level?

Lot of things to consider. I just feel like 88-93 Jordan would be on a rampage right now that would have us almost forgetting Harden. You just cant give Michael Jordan this much freedom and these driving lanes....