PDA

View Full Version : Another example of the rings only argument being stupid - Harden > Kobe

AlternativeAcc.
01-18-2019, 09:54 PM
So here we are in 2019 and Harden is undoubtedly playing better than kobe ever has. In terms of carrying his team and playing at an extremely high level on a night to night basis while leading them psychologically, I think we all agree what Harden is doing NOW is more impressive than anything Kobe ever has done. Yes, indeed, that we can all agree on.

And if we wanna dig a little deeper, let's be completely real and talk about how Harden could (and should) be on his way to his 4th MVP award! Yes, James Harden SHOULD have won the MVP in 2015 over Steph, and in 2017 over Westbrook. He was atleast deserving of a CO-MVP in those seasons. We can't discount how ridiculously close he was to winning those awards. We're looking at a guy whose been at the very top of MVP discussions for the past 5 seasons AND KEEPS GETTING BETTER.

Playoffs you say? Stats wise he's about where Kobe is, it's just Harden didn't have the luxury of playing with prime Shaq in a watered down league, so he doesn't have any championships to his name. Sure, he's worse in the playoffs than he is in the regular season, but so is Kobe, and that's my point.

James Harden is a better regular season player than Kobe, as evidenced by this season and his 3 prior MVP's... and his dropoff in the playoffs is irrelevant because Kobe also dropped off in the playoffs so it's a wash there.

James Harden is better all-time than Kobe, thanks for reading.

hiphopanonymous
01-18-2019, 10:00 PM
Kobe averaged 35 and scored 81 without taking 3 steps and when players could actually touch him on defense.

Kobe also played defense.

/thread

knicksman
01-18-2019, 10:01 PM
It is what it is. It takes higher level of IQ to read skills than to read stats. Once you understand more about this game, youll understand why players highly respect kobe.

DJMcDonald
01-18-2019, 10:02 PM
So Harden, in the most inflated era of all time stats wise, is putting up similar numbers to Kobe, who played in the most deflated era of all time stats wise?

scuzzy
01-18-2019, 10:04 PM
Kobe averaged 35 and scored 81 without taking 3 steps and when players could actually touch him on defense.

Kobe also played defense.

/thread
already breaking character at 67 post mark

tis a shame :(

AlternativeAcc.
01-18-2019, 10:07 PM
It is what it is. It takes higher level of IQ to read skills than to read stats. Once you understand more about this game, youll understand why players highly respect kobe.
Why was Kobe losing in the 1st round with rosters like Harden is carrying now?

Harden is more skilled than Kobe... better ball handler, shooter, better vision, better passer, overall more crafty. I mean it's not even close.

If you wanna have a skills argument then you've already lost. Better start citing empty stats and rings won with peak Shaq. :lol

scuzzy
01-18-2019, 10:08 PM
And yeah this run by Harden is leaps and bounds better than 05-06 Kobe's inflated scoring run on a redundant losing team

He's out there playmaking and putting his team in a position to win, Kobe was out there trying to win MVP at the cost of team success (which he blew to Nash)((who he then blew a 3-1 lead to in the first round))

AlternativeAcc.
01-18-2019, 10:10 PM

Is this the same guy who begged Jeff to delete the thread earlier of him being meticulously ripped to shreds by 10+ posters?

Genuinely don't know :oldlol:

hiphopanonymous
01-18-2019, 10:11 PM

What's my character?

PickernRoller
01-18-2019, 10:11 PM
Damn dusting off some alts for today. ISH is lit.

DJMcDonald
01-18-2019, 10:13 PM
Public Service Announcement: Kobe was a top tier defender in his era while Harden is the poster boy of bad defense.

AlternativeAcc.
01-18-2019, 10:13 PM
And yeah this run by Harden is leaps and bounds better than 05-06 Kobe's inflated scoring run on a redundant losing team

He's out there playmaking and putting his team in a position to win, Kobe was out there trying to win MVP at the cost of team success (which he blew to Nash)((who he then blew a 3-1 lead to in the first round))
Isn't this the same year of 30ppg Arenas and 33ppg iverson?

And we're supposed to be impressed by 35ppg kobe with no playmaking or leadership abilities (as evidenced by the 3-1 choke job in the 1st round)

that's his peak? :lol

hiphopanonymous
01-18-2019, 10:14 PM
Public Service Announcement: Kobe was a top tier defender in his era while Harden is the poster boy of bad defense.
careful you'll trigger the participation award generation

AlternativeAcc.
01-18-2019, 10:18 PM
oh shit, dead giveaway with the generic stale 'tide pod, participation, insert random disgruntled 40 y/o reject phrase describing why the new generation sucks'

what's up egokiller, straight_ballin, superduper, bulletooth, etc. :lol

Glad you were able to get Jeff to delete that thread earlier, it was beginning to be a bloodbath in there, lol

scuzzy
01-18-2019, 10:19 PM
"I tell Steve [Nash], you won MVP, but I was playing with Smush Parker," Bryant told reporters. "He's playing with [Leandro] Barbosa. I'm playing with Smush and Kwame [Brown]. My goodness. ... Smush Parker was the worst. He shouldn't have been in the NBA"

“I almost won an MVP with Smush Parker and Kwame Brown on my team,” Bryant said. “I was shooting 45 times a game. What was I supposed to do? Pass it to Chris Mihm or Kwame Brown.”

Pretty much tells you all you need to know of 2006 Bryant mindset, it surely wasn't leading a team to any playoff success. But we already knew that, when he flat out rolled over and quit in game 7 showcasing his me first me only persona

warriorfan
01-18-2019, 10:19 PM
oh shit, dead giveaway with the generic stale 'tide pod, participation, insert random disgruntled 40 y/o reject phrase describing why the new generation sucks'

Glad you were able to get Jeff to delete that thread earlier, it was beginning to be a bloodbath in there, lol

Yikes, what a meltdown

Hang in there little fella

scuzzy
01-18-2019, 10:23 PM

:oldlol: :roll:

AlternativeAcc.
01-18-2019, 10:23 PM
[QUOTE=scuzzy][I]"I tell Steve [Nash], you won MVP, but I was playing with Smush Parker," Bryant told reporters. "He's playing with [Leandro] Barbosa. I'm playing with Smush and Kwame [Brown]. My goodness. ... Smush Parker was the worst. He shouldn't have been in the NBA"

PickernRoller
01-18-2019, 10:25 PM
https://i.imgur.com/JbRCz.gif

DJMcDonald
01-18-2019, 10:27 PM
Mission accomplished.

Next thread boys:banana:

AlternativeAcc.
01-18-2019, 10:28 PM
:oldlol: :roll:
I'd pay to see the emails he sent to Jeff demanding he delete the thread ASAP

Threads never get deleted on here unless otherwise demanded by posters emailing jeff

the 1 thread being deleted is one in which the most frequent poster on here is getting humiliated, go figure :oldlol:

and now he's popping up on yet another poorly disguised alt.. good lord lmao

scuzzy
01-18-2019, 10:29 PM
damn, the 67 post mark jab stung a lil someone

insta hopped onto his main and showcasing a juicy meltdown, easy work :lol

sammichoffate
Harden got blown out by a Spurs team w/o their best player by 40 points while only putting up 10/7 on 2/11 shooting along with 6 turnovers. He doesn't deserve to sniff Kobe's socks.

hiphopanonymous

Did I touch a nerve? Calm down.

I'm not any of those people - I'm not an alt.

scuzzy
01-18-2019, 10:36 PM
I'd pay to see the emails he sent to Jeff demanding he delete the thread ASAP

Threads never get deleted on here unless otherwise demanded by posters emailing jeff

the 1 thread being deleted is one in which the most frequent poster on here is getting humiliated, go figure :oldlol:

and now he's popping up on yet another poorly disguised alt.. good lord lmao
it's that same recluse, no need to point em ITT out we all know :lol dude lives and breaths alts on ISH while dedicating every post infatuated with others having alts

massive projection to the highest level, hence why he gets trolled beyond belief with Simon spinning in his head 24/7 :oldlol:

AlternativeAcc.
01-18-2019, 10:42 PM
Harden got blown out by a Spurs team w/o their best player by 40 points while only putting up 10/7 on 2/11 shooting along with 6 turnovers. He doesn't deserve to sniff Kobe's socks.
So now we're using 1 game samples to define careers?

What about the time Kobe shot 4/20 in the finals and lost by 35 with peak shaq by his side?

Skip_Bayless
01-18-2019, 10:53 PM
Damn dusting off some alts for today. ISH is lit.

LBJ stans fuming knowing Kobe out shined their boy, so they moving onto Harden comparisons. :cry:

warriorfan
01-18-2019, 10:58 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/43YZY5pN/A280437-C-B57-C-4-D0-A-935-C-8-B7-EAB0-CC95-C.jpg

...yikes

nice friday night lil simon :oldlol:

AlternativeAcc.
01-18-2019, 11:04 PM
...yikes

you have more posts than everyone on this thread combined

and here you are screenshotting web forums on said friday night, nice backfire :lol

AlternativeAcc.
01-18-2019, 11:08 PM
LBJ stans fuming knowing Kobe out shined their boy, so they moving onto Harden comparisons. :cry:
:biggums:

You're obsessed.

scuzzy
01-18-2019, 11:09 PM
you have more posts than everyone on this thread combined

and here you are screenshotting web forums on said friday night, nice backfire :lollol

TommyEllisMVP is so petrified of relentless 4/44 jokes he books onto his Walk on Water account just to talk Curry without repercussion :lol

Lil guys insulin levels are suffocating low, lets give him a granola bar past his bedtime

PickernRoller
01-18-2019, 11:11 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/43YZY5pN/A280437-C-B57-C-4-D0-A-935-C-8-B7-EAB0-CC95-C.jpg

...yikes

:oldlol: :oldlol:

AlternativeAcc.
01-18-2019, 11:17 PM
lol

TommyEllisMVP is so petrified of relentless 4/44 jokes he books onto his Walk on Water account just to talk Warriors without repercussion :lol

Lil guys insulin levels are suffocating low, lets give him a granola bar past his bedtime
:roll:

ole TG is also insecure about his abnormally high post count in short duration he feels the need to disperse his posts across several accounts, notably the cringey WoW account where he can display his immature and embarrassing mindset with a quasi-troll parody persona

avoids the curry jokes, and can display high levels of autism that he normally would be outed and harassed for on his main accounts.

I say he deserves a frosty with that granola bar, it takes quite a bit of energy and glucose to be that calculated of a loser :lol

scuzzy
01-18-2019, 11:26 PM
:roll:

ole TG is also insecure about his abnormally high post count in short duration he feels the need to disperse his posts across several accounts, notably the cringey WoW account where he can display his immature and embarrassing mindset with a quasi-troll parody persona

avoids the curry jokes, and can display high levels of autism that he normally would be outed and harassed for on his main accounts.

I say he deserves a frosty with that granola bar, it takes quite a bit of energy and glucose to be that calculated of a loser :lol
:yaohappy:

ayo Warriorfan of Warcraft, hit us with one of those jolly-go-lucky FB posts of yours, ya know the 5 paragraph 'need more likes' Friday night long ones :oldlol:

AlternativeAcc.
01-18-2019, 11:46 PM

ayo Warriorfan of Warcraft, hit us with one of those jolly-go-lucky FB posts of yours, ya know the 5 paragraph 'need more likes' Friday night long ones :oldlol:

I must say though, the emo/timid/desperate for acceptance side of him makes for good entertainment

same can't be said for his obviously forced attempt of an alpha side on his WF account. just so contrived and sad

his malfunctioning pancreas isn't the only organ not being utilized, that's for sure :lol

talkingconch
01-18-2019, 11:50 PM
Harden is nowhere near Kobe.

StrongLurk
01-19-2019, 12:18 AM
Harden will NEVER belong in the same discussion as Kobe...NEVER.

kennethgriffen
01-19-2019, 12:31 AM
kobe isn't called the most skilled player ever by a bunch of people in and around the nba because he has 5 rings

its never just been about rings

skills + rings + eye test + accolades + respect

its lebron fans who are simple minded... all they go by is stats and mvps ... if those decided greatness iverson would be in the top 15... moses would be top 10 etc...

knicksman
01-19-2019, 12:48 AM
Why was Kobe losing in the 1st round with rosters like Harden is carrying now?

Harden is more skilled than Kobe... better ball handler, shooter, better vision, better passer, overall more crafty. I mean it's not even close.

If you wanna have a skills argument then you've already lost. Better start citing empty stats and rings won with peak Shaq. :lol

its not how many skills you have. its the difficulty. Its not quantity but quality. Kobe is a better player to build around coz he has the skills that you want from your superstar. He has the skills that only few players possess coz its so difficult to learn. And of course, if youre building a team, you always find the most difficult skill first then the easier ones second.

If you hire an engineer, do you go for someone with a masters degree or the one whos also a lawyer. I would go for the one with masters degree coz I dont need his law degree. Its the same with kobe, do I really need hardens passing game? Nah, i want my superstar to be playing off ball so in the end, I wont have a need for his passing skills. So its about who the better scorer between the 2 and its kobe. Thats why kobe has 5 rings while all around like lebron is just 3/9. Coz once you have a team, players like lebron becomes redundant with other stars. His skills will overlap and thats when you realize that I should have kobe on this team instead of bron. Thats why kobe only needs gasol while lebron needs wade/bosh.