PDA

View Full Version : Where would you rank James Harden's current offensive season all-time?

Smook A.
01-20-2019, 05:00 PM
After yesterday's game against the Lakers, Harden is now averaging 35.7 ppg/8.5 apg/6.4 rpg/2.1 spg on a 44/38/86 shooting split. His TS% is currently at 62.2% which puts him at 15th in the entire NBA.

Going more into just how efficient he's been, he ranks #2 in TS% out of the top 50 PPG seasons, sitting right behind Kevin Durant's 2013-14 season.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/tiny.fcgi?id=RKwqD

Here's the top 10
https://i.ibb.co/gdwKJNP/eL4tpiw.png

Not only that, but Harden is also #1 all-time in points per 100 possessions. ALL-TIME
https://i.ibb.co/ysdrPRK/Xfg7ea0.png

Some other incredible numbers:
- Harden is averaging 42/9/7/2 in the past 20 games
- His streak for consecutive games with at least 30 points is now at 19. Most ever since the ABA/NBA merged
- 19 straight games where he's led all players in scoring. The only players in NBA history with a longer single-season streak are Chamberlain and Jordan.

Safe to say Harden is having one of the best offensive seasons of all time.

TL;DR
- Harden is currently #1 all-time in points per 100 possessions
- His average of 35.7 ppg puts him at 7th all-time
- He has the 2nd best TS% of the top 50 ppg seasons
- 5th player to average 40+ ppg in a 20 game span
- Only player since Wilt to have 19 straight 30+ point games

AlternativeAcc.
01-20-2019, 05:02 PM
:applause:

He is seriously beginning to have a case for best SG of all time.

hard not to rank it as the best SG offensive season ever if he keeps it up for the season.

Bronbron23
01-20-2019, 05:06 PM

hard not to rank it as the best SG offensive season ever if he keeps it up for the season.
:facepalm

Manny98
01-20-2019, 05:11 PM
Top 5

Curry,LeBron and Jordan all had better overall offensive seasons maybe Shaq and Magic as well

Smook A.
01-20-2019, 05:14 PM

I don't think anyone can pass MJ :lol

But seriously, I think Harden has a really good chance to be a top 4 SG of all-time only behind MJ, Kobe, and Wade. That's IF he doesn't win a ring. If he does win at least 1, he'll have a good case to be over D-Wade.

Bronbron23
01-20-2019, 05:17 PM
A season would mean playoffs also so no way is harden close to being the best sg ever or having the best season ever yet. regular season sure but who cares about regular season really

Kblaze8855
01-20-2019, 05:21 PM
It will be years before I know what to think. Russell Westbrook just had a 32/11/10 season which would have been impossible to believe 20 years ago. Hardens numbers keep climbing and this year teams are allowing insane point totals. It’s part due to threes but the lanes to the basket are crazy because of them as well. If this is just what the nba is now Hardens year won’t seem that impressive. If it levels off and this was just a brief new rules phase it will seem greater.

Steph, Westbrook, Klay, and Harden have all done things we would have struggled to accept could be done vs nba players decades ago. If this is the new norm and guys keep running wild a 35ppg season won’t seem that special.

AirTupac
01-20-2019, 05:31 PM
I don't think anyone can pass MJ :lol

But seriously, I think Harden has a really good chance to be a top 4 SG of all-time only behind MJ, Kobe, and Wade. That's IF he doesn't win a ring. If he does win at least 1, he'll have a good case to be over D-Wade.

1 ring and he has a good case over Wade? Because of multiple playoff chokes in a league that is catered for preposterous point scoring? Not to mention flopping, free throws (20 a game) and this braindead fukwitass nikka has the audacity to say better case than Wade??????????????

Ban this clown :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Smook A.
01-20-2019, 05:45 PM
1 ring and he has a good case over Wade? Because of multiple playoff chokes in a league that is catered for preposterous point scoring? Not to mention flopping, free throws (20 a game) and this braindead fukwitass nikka has the audacity to say better case than Wade??????????????

Ban this clown :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
12 free throws a game, not 20. And yes, I really do think 1 ring (and a finals MVP) would put Harden above Wade. 1 historic playoff run where he leads his team to the championship. That's the only thing Harden has left to do. He's done everything else. You gotta factor in all his accomplishments too and what he's been doing on a historic level. Wade was never this good offensively. Don't forget the fact that Harden is only 29 years old. He's been a very durable player throughout his entire career, and it's not crazy to say he might play until he's 38-40 years old. By that time, he'll probably have joined the 30k point club and he may have another MVP to his name. No other SG has won more than 1 MVP besides Jordan.

Im not knocking on Wade in any way. I understand how great he was in his prime. In fact, I think he had a top 3 SG peak ever. What he did in the 2006 finals was amazing, and I know he has 3 championships. BUT, he also had the luxury to play alongside arguably the GOAT, LeBron James. You can't say the same about Harden. Yeah, he played with KD but Harden wasn't close to being as good of a player then.

Spurs m8
01-20-2019, 05:47 PM
No one cares

No one wants to watch Harden

No one watches his highlights even.

Take this L Rockets and Harden fans...you're never gonna get a ring

Smook A.
01-20-2019, 05:49 PM
No one cares

No one wants to watch Harden

No one watches his highlights even.

Take this L Rockets and Harden fans...you're never gonna get a ring
Back again with your daily "No one cares about Harden" comment :roll:

How many times was he on your mind today? Did you dream about him?

StrongLurk
01-20-2019, 05:50 PM
I hate giving the guy any credit because he's a disgrace to the game...he is a highly skilled offensive player...that's about all I can say.

AirTupac
01-20-2019, 05:55 PM
12 free throws a game, not 20. And yes, I really do think 1 ring (and a finals MVP) would put Harden above Wade. 1 historic playoff run where he leads his team to the championship. That's the only thing Harden has left to do. He's done everything else. You gotta factor in all his accomplishments too and what he's been doing on a historic level. Wade was never this good offensively. Don't forget the fact that Harden is only 29 years old. He's been a very durable player throughout his entire career, and it's not crazy to say he might play until he's 38-40 years old. By that time, he'll probably have joined the 30k point club and he may have another MVP to his name. No other SG has won more than 1 MVP besides Jordan.

Im not knocking on Wade in any way. I understand how great he was in his prime. In fact, I think he had a top 3 SG peak ever. What he did in the 2006 finals was amazing, and I know he has 3 championships. BUT, he also had the luxury to play alongside arguably the GOAT, LeBron James. You can't say the same about Harden. Yeah, he played with KD but Harden wasn't close to being as good of a player then.

While I appreciate the non troll reply. That statement alone is really absurd. We all said the same thing about Kobe lasting till 35...36 (while being healthy). It happens RARELY. Beyond rarely. But I guess if you put it that way, if Harden leads the Rockets to a ring (which is also extremely doubtful) he could have an argument.... but I would still easily pick Wade after 2 seconds of thought. Still cant discount all those seasons of disappearing when it mattered most. If it wasn't for CP3 saving his ass in the last playoff series, we would be laughing at Harden even more.

SomeBlackDude
01-20-2019, 06:02 PM
[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]It will be years before I know what to think. Russell Westbrook just had a 32/11/10 season which would have been impossible to believe 20 years ago. Hardens numbers keep climbing and this year teams are allowing insane point totals. It

Kblaze8855
01-20-2019, 06:02 PM
I was just watching Bart Scott

aj1987
01-20-2019, 06:03 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Yeah, he played with KD but Harden wasn't close to being as good of a player then.
He also played with Westbrook. Harden choked his tits off in that Finals.

AirTupac
01-20-2019, 06:07 PM
When you consider Harden and his whole career in this context. There are a LOT of "Ifs and whens" for him in order to be compared to Wade.

IF/WHEN he wins a ring as the man (Despite disappearing every playoff)
IF/WHEN he's still balling out at 35 (Despite it rarely every happening)
IF/WHEN he's in the 30k club / while also winning a ring (Okay you are getting carried away)

He's not even ahead of West on the all time list when you look at important things of the game. Not another NBA stat padded season in a league that has gotten ridiculous for its calls / lack of rules for defenders to actually play defense.

Smook A.
01-20-2019, 06:15 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

He also played with Westbrook. Harden choked his tits off in that Finals.
If you really believe that Wade was better offensively at point of his career than Harden right now, you're crazy. I actually like you as a poster AJ, but god damn you're such a ****ing homer when it comes to Wade :lol

35.7 ppg/8.5 apg on 62% TS blows 30.2 ppg/7.5 apg on 57% TS

And Harden definitely has a realistic shot at 30k career points. If he averages 23 ppg over the next 7 seasons, and plays an average of 75 games, he'll reach that milestone.

hiphopanonymous
01-20-2019, 06:17 PM
It's one of the best of this era so far

But until we get a feel for what the recent rule changes have done to the game it can only be compared with other players seasons from around this era - in hindsight we may be able to say "ah okay all players numbers went up/down a certain way after xyz rule changes"

They recently changed the rules on defense too much to compare with past eras and of course many past eras seasons are tough to compare even with each other as rule changes never stop but after more time passes we'll be able to categorize this and other recent seasons better.

Kblaze8855
01-20-2019, 06:18 PM
What do you imagine 09 Wade would do vs these defenses in a 5 out offense?

How could you possibly keep him out of the lane?

Smook A.
01-20-2019, 06:19 PM
While I appreciate the non troll reply. That statement alone is really absurd. We all said the same thing about Kobe lasting till 35...36 (while being healthy). It happens RARELY. Beyond rarely. But I guess if you put it that way, if Harden leads the Rockets to a ring (which is also extremely doubtful) he could have an argument.... but I would still easily pick Wade after 2 seconds of thought. Still cant discount all those seasons of disappearing when it mattered most. If it wasn't for CP3 saving his ass in the last playoff series, we would be laughing at Harden even more.
Yeah it happens rarely, but I can see it with Harden. He's really really durable, but father time does kick in for everyone.

We'll see...

aj1987
01-20-2019, 06:23 PM
If you really believe that Wade was better offensively at point of his career than Harden right now, you're crazy. I actually like you as a poster AJ, but god damn you're such a ****ing homer when it comes to Wade :lol
If Wade was reffed the same way as current Harden, he'd averaged 40+ PPG. Go watch his games from the '09 season, when he was getting hammered and still putting up 30 and 8 on like 58% TS. All this while being a DPOY candidate.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Harden is having an amazing and ATG season. However, he's still only good because of the refs and the retarded commissioner.

And Harden definitely has a realistic shot at 30k career points. If he averages 23 ppg over the next 7 seasons, and plays an average of 75 games, he'll reach that milestone.
Do you know how many SG's have averaged over 20 PPG after they were 33-34? Yeah, he's not going to get to 30k points.

Smook A.
01-20-2019, 06:24 PM
What do you imagine 09 Wade would do vs these defenses in a 5 out offense?

How could you possibly keep him out of the lane?
He'd average more ppg for sure, but I still don't believe he'd had the same impact Harden is having right now on offense for Houston. It'd be close though

aj1987
01-20-2019, 06:27 PM
He'd average more ppg for sure, but I still don't believe he'd had the same impact Harden is having right now on offense for Houston. It'd be close though
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Bruh....

LoneyROY7
01-20-2019, 06:29 PM
I was just watching Bart Scott’s famous “can’t wait” interview in a Facebook video and the first comment was “James Harden was awarded two free throws for this interview.”.

I just had to come let you all know.

Yes, there are haters just like you all over the web. Feed me MOAR. :rockon: :rockon:

Smook A.
01-20-2019, 06:38 PM
]If Wade was reffed the same way as current Harden, he'd averaged 40+ PPG[/B]. Go watch his games from the '09 season, when he was getting hammered and still putting up 30 and 8 on like 58% TS. All this while being a DPOY candidate.
40+ ppg? :oldlol:

Let's be real, not even Durant, who's a superior offensive player, could average 40+ ppg if he was the only star on his team. And also, Wade in 08-09 only averaged 2 FTA's less than Harden does right now. It's hard to imagine that anyone would get over 12-13 FTA.

Do you know how many SG's have averaged over 20 PPG after they were 33-34? Yeah, he's not going to get to 30k points.

Let's say he finishes this season averaging 35 ppg and plays every game the rest of the way. He'll finish with around 18,700 points. He's 29 so if averages around 28-30 ppg for the next 3 seasons, and plays 75-80 games, he'll have over 25,000 points by the age of 32. Now let's say he plays until 37 and his ppg drops to 18-20 ppg in that time span. We'll say he plays 70 games on average between the ages of 32-37. He'll be scoring about 1400 points a season. Multiply that by 4 and he's at 30k.

He has a very real chance to get there

SaltyMeatballs
01-20-2019, 06:43 PM
Are we really arguing who the better offensive player is between current Harden and peak Wade? :lol

It's obviously Harden. Wade would never average 36 ppg and 9 apg even in today's NBA.

aj1987
01-20-2019, 06:47 PM
40+ ppg? :oldlol:

Let's be real, not even Durant, who's a superior offensive player, could average 40+ ppg if he was the only star on his team. And also, Wade in 08-09 only averaged 2 FTA's less than Harden does right now. It's hard to imagine that anyone would get over 12-13 FTA.
As I said, they are not officiated the same way. You literally see defenders with hands behind their backs while guarding Harden. Try doing that with a prime Wade. :oldlol:

Let's say he finishes this season averaging 35 ppg and plays every game the rest of the way. He'll finish with around 18,700 points. He's 29 so if averages around 28-30 ppg for the next 3 seasons, and plays 75-80 games, he'll have over 25,000 points by the age of 32. Now let's say he plays until 37 and his ppg drops to 18-20 ppg in that time span. We'll say he plays 70 games on average between the ages of 32-37. He'll be scoring about 1400 points a season. Multiply that by 4 and he's at 30k.

He has a very real chance to get there
Meh, it's just mere speculation from both of us. However, I'm going to stand by what I said. Harden is not going over 30k.

Are we really arguing who the better offensive player is between current Harden and peak Wade? :lol

It's obviously Harden. Wade would never average 36 ppg and 9 apg even in today's NBA.
Cool. And Harden was literally a bench player during Wade's time. Literally. :roll:

SaltyMeatballs
01-20-2019, 06:48 PM
[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]I was just watching Bart Scott

Smook A.
01-20-2019, 06:52 PM
As I said, they are not officiated the same way. You literally see defenders with hands behind their backs while guarding Harden. Try doing that with a prime Wade. :oldlol:
Realistically, what do you think Wade would average in today's NBA. Don't say 40+ ppg cause like I said, I don't even think Durant would average that if he was the lone star on his team.

Meh, it's just mere speculation from both of us. However, I'm going to stand by what I said. Harden is not going over 30k.

We'll see. It'll definitely be interesting to see if Harden can sustain close to this level play over the next few seasons and how healthy he can be.

SaltyMeatballs
01-20-2019, 06:56 PM
Cool. And Harden was literally a bench player during Wade's time. Literally. :roll:
I meannn dude... That's not really fair to say that. He did win sixth man of the year, and the season right after where he got traded to Houston, he averaged 26/6/5 his first season as a starter. So he definitely was starter caliber.

It's not like Harden was some scrub on the bench for OKC. That's what you're making it sound like

eliteballer
01-20-2019, 06:58 PM
D-PED

http://media.al.com/sports_impact/photo/8906121-standard.jpg

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/C6P7NK/lebron-james-dwyane-wade-and-chris-bosh-nbas-miami-heat-welcome-party-C6P7NK.jpg

LoneyROY7
01-20-2019, 07:00 PM
Current Harden is better than Wade has EVER been offensively. And it's not really that close.

Think about it. Wade was a 6'4 shooting guard that was barely even a THREAT from 3. People always think of a Wade as super hyper-efficient guard, right? He never had a year with a 59+ TS percentage or above. EVER. That's a bad TS% year for Harden.

Harden averages more points, rebounds, and assists. He carries a bigger load, and carries it further.

In '08-'09, Wade had a weaker supporting cast and just snuck into the playoffs. Then he proceeded to get dismantled in the 1st round. Harden takes those kind of rosters competes/beats the best teams in the league.

Harden consistently has the highest impact analytics in the league. Leading the league in RPM this year, 2nd last year. He's the greater floor elevator of rosters since LeBron James and it's not close.

Wade in '08-'09 was a big-time player, but he just didn't impact his team like Harden does now.

elementally morale
01-20-2019, 07:02 PM
Based on numbers alone he is having a historically great season. Based on the eye-test... I can't tell you. I avoid watching the guy whenever possible.

He is a nice person, I guess. But as far as basketball... he is practically unwatchable to me.

aj1987
01-20-2019, 07:11 PM
Realistically, what do you think Wade would average in today's NBA. Don't say 40+ ppg cause like I said, I don't even think Durant would average that if he was the lone star on his team.
I don't know why you keep bringing up Durant. You do realize that Wade averaged just 2 points less than KD did during his MVP season and also Wade was a DPOY candidate?

I meannn dude... That's not really fair to say that. He did win sixth man of the year, and the season right after where he got traded to Houston, he averaged 26/6/5 his first season as a starter. So he definitely was starter caliber.

It's not like Harden was some scrub on the bench for OKC. That's what you're making it sound like
He sure was a scrub in the Finals with 2 MVP level players. :confusedshrug:

Current Harden is better than Wade has EVER been offensively. And it's not really that close.

Think about it. Wade was a 6'4 shooting guard that was barely even a THREAT from 3. People always think of a Wade as super hyper-efficient guard, right? He never had a year with a 59+ TS percentage or above. EVER. That's a bad TS% year for Harden.

Harden averages more points, rebounds, and assists. He carries a bigger load, and carries it further.

In '08-'09, Wade had a weaker supporting cast and just snuck into the playoffs. Then he proceeded to get dismantled in the 1st round. Harden takes those kind of rosters competes/beats the best teams in the league.

Harden consistently has the highest impact analytics in the league. Leading the league in RPM this year, 2nd last year. He's the greater floor elevator of rosters since LeBron James and it's not close.

Wade in '08-'09 was a big-time player, but he just didn't impact his team like Harden does now.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Harden with significantly better casts was getting absolutely wrecked in the PO's. Dude is beyond garbage in the biggest games of the season.

Smook A.
01-20-2019, 07:14 PM
I don't know why you keep bringing up Durant. You do realize that Wade averaged just 2 points less than KD did during his MVP season and also Wade was a DPOY candidate?
Uhh maybe because he's the most versatile, and skilled scorer in the game? Im using him as an example to say he wouldn't average 40 ppg, because you seem to think Wade could.

SaltyMeatballs
01-20-2019, 07:17 PM
He sure was a scrub in the Finals with 2 MVP level players. :confusedshrug: .
Are you implying that Westbrook was an MVP caliber player in 2012? :oldlol: Such a retarded thing to say

Thunder wouldn't even have gotten to the finals if Harden didn't come up clutch in the 2012 WCF against the Spurs. I think you forgot just how good he played in that series.

LoneyROY7
01-20-2019, 07:23 PM

He sure was a scrub in the Finals with 2 MVP level players. :confusedshrug:

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Harden with significantly better casts was getting absolutely wrecked in the PO's. Dude is beyond garbage in the biggest games of the season.

More smilies, more deflections. :oldlol:

Prime vs. prime. Current Harden is on a different level.

Manny98
01-20-2019, 07:28 PM

No one gives a shit about analytics if you routinely choke in the postseason every year :oldlol:

You Harden stans hyping up his current play like it actually means something

Until he can actually produce in the postseason Harden should not even be mentioned in the same breath as Wade,West and Kobe

hiphopanonymous
01-20-2019, 07:31 PM
In addition to no contact I'd be curious what Wade on fresh legs' scoring numbers would look like with 3-4 steps after his gather

*gather

step

step

... step step

"that's a legal play" - 2019 NBA officials

LoneyROY7
01-20-2019, 07:32 PM
No one gives a shit about analytics if you routinely choke in the postseason every year :oldlol:

You Harden stans hyping up his current play like it actually means something

Until he can actually produce in the postseason Harden should not even be mentioned in the same breath as Wade,West and Kobe

Ohhhh noo it doesn't mean anything!!! :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

NBA basketball played on NBA basketball hardwood. Recorded statistics. Every minute you play on the floor in the NBA matters when it comes to basketball history.

SaltyMeatballs
01-20-2019, 07:33 PM
In addition to no contact I'd be curious what Wade on fresh legs' scoring numbers would look like with 3-4 steps after his gather

*gather

step

step

... step step

"that's a legal play" - 2019 NBA officials
Idiots like you think he does that every single time when in reality he doesn't. It just became more annoying when he did 2 step backs on the jazz and didn't get called for it

Manny98
01-20-2019, 07:37 PM
Ohhhh noo it doesn't mean anything!!! :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

. Every minute you play on the floor in the NBA matters when it comes to basketball history.
Not if you shrink come playoff time every single year :oldlol:

hiphopanonymous
01-20-2019, 07:39 PM
Idiots like you think he does that every single time when in reality he doesn't. It just became more annoying when he did 2 step backs on the jazz and didn't get called for it
I don't think he does it all the time - I'm cracking a joke at the officiating of the game

and it is definitely being exploited by Harden (not gonna lie, smart move by him he SHOULD exploit it as should all players) and will continue to be exploited by players it's how the game changes over time.

The recent interpretation of the gather has changed. It used to be as soon as your hand touched the ball now refs clearly wait until the ball is like pocketed in your hand at the apex of a hesitation style dribble (which used to be a palming violation go figure - another change over time in ball handling). Since they've now pushed back the timing on the gather - we have all these plays that fans of the sport for 20 or more years are screaming travel and the officiating teams are like no it's legal and they come up with the answer that you've always been allowed a rhythmic boom boom boom on the gather..

... but people who watch, or learned the game from years gone by know that that's not exactly true. The gather in the palms down dribble days, and many decades later, was once interpreted to happen much sooner thus you had more like 2-maybe 2.5 steps in eras prior.

Really helps to get to the hoop or clear space from your defender when rules relax about how much you actually need to focus on dribbling the basketball. You can pretty much pick the ball up outside the 3 point line and with ease just run to the hoop for a layup no dribbling necessary now. Just gotta take big strides - cause you're given 3 or 4 full ones.

Jasper
01-20-2019, 07:41 PM
top 10, and bottom 10 for defense.

HE is not IMO MVP this year.

His matador defense is pretty horrible.

bobopenguin
01-20-2019, 07:53 PM
harden is GOAT nba rule manipulator.

G0ATbe
01-20-2019, 08:00 PM
He's what MJ stans like to pretend MJ would be today. Except he's better than MJ at every facet of scoring.

hiphopanonymous
01-20-2019, 08:05 PM
He's what MJ stans like to pretend MJ would be today. Except he's better than MJ at every facet of scoring.
Yeah man gotta love them Harden "better than MJ" fall away/turnaround jump shots in addition to his hang time while palming the ball. Clearly just superior in all facets as you say :oldlol:

LoneyROY7
01-20-2019, 08:13 PM
Not if you shrink come playoff time every single year :oldlol:

Has Harden recorded more minutes in the regular season or the postseason? After answering that, lemme see if you can figure out the math for which of those two are the larger sample size.

Go ahead, try it.

Harden is not the same player he was 3 or 4 years ago. His consistent rate of improvement as a player is unlike many who've come before. He literally gets better. every. single. year. He's been improving his playoff production as well...it'll come full circle this year and you'll be a sad, sad guy.

bobopenguin
01-20-2019, 09:19 PM
Has Harden recorded more minutes in the regular season or the postseason? After answering that, lemme see if you can figure out the math for which of those two are the larger sample size.

Go ahead, try it.

Harden is not the same player he was 3 or 4 years ago. His consistent rate of improvement as a player is unlike many who've come before. He literally gets better. every. single. year. He's been improving his playoff production as well...it'll come full circle this year and you'll be a sad, sad guy.

"harden is not the same player he was last year"
"harden is not the same player he was 2 years ago"
"harden is not the same player he was 3 years ago"
"harden is not the same player he was 4 years ago"

how many rings now?

aj1987
01-22-2019, 07:03 AM
Uhh maybe because he's the most versatile, and skilled scorer in the game? Im using him as an example to say he wouldn't average 40 ppg, because you seem to think Wade could.
Except, KD is playing with 2 other 20+ PPG (one being a near 30 PPG) scorers on a Championship team. It's pretty much impossible for him to take a ton of shot.

Are you implying that Westbrook was an MVP caliber player in 2012? :oldlol: Such a retarded thing to say

Thunder wouldn't even have gotten to the finals if Harden didn't come up clutch in the 2012 WCF against the Spurs. I think you forgot just how good he played in that series.
:oldlol:

Wut?

Lets ignore the FACT that WB put up 24/5/6/2 that season and actually got MVP votes, and talk about the WCF.

Spurs went up 2-0. In the critical G4, KD dropped 18 points in the 4th, including 13 straight, when the game was within 4. The next game when the Spurs were within 2, he hit the dagger 3 and I'll give you that. :oldlol: @ this new narrative that Harden was the reason why the Thunder made the Finals.

More smilies, more deflections. :oldlol:

Prime vs. prime. Current Harden is on a different level.
Your dumbass went from being a CP3/Blake stan to a Harden stan, the moment they started getting spanked in the PO's. Lets see how long you last as a Harden stan.

Gileraracer
01-22-2019, 07:21 AM
Harden's shooting 44/38/86 on 23.6 FGAs

Just because he is allowed to take as manyshots as he wants doesn't automatically mean he is a great offensive player.

His shooting percentages aren't even good. He's lucky to get tons of free throws rewarded for his flopping.

For comparison, Curry:

49/45/93 on 19.9 FGAs for 29.3PPG

Curry has 4.9 FTA while Harden has 11.6 :eek:

Curry without free throws: 24.7PPG on 19.9 attempts
Harden without free throws: 25.7PPG on 23.6 attempts

That's why Harden is a regular season star. He cannot flop around that much in the playoffs.

stalkerforlife
01-22-2019, 07:31 AM
Top 5,000?

It's irrelevant.

Westbrook averaging a triple double going on three years straight says it all.

LoneyROY7
01-22-2019, 07:46 AM
Harden's shooting 44/38/86 on 23.6 FGAs

Just because he is allowed to take as manyshots as he wants doesn't automatically mean he is a great offensive player.

His shooting percentages aren't even good. He's lucky to get tons of free throws rewarded for his flopping.

For comparison, Curry:

49/45/93 on 19.9 FGAs for 29.3PPG

Curry has 4.9 FTA while Harden has 11.6 :eek:

Curry without free throws: 24.7PPG on 19.9 attempts
Harden without free throws: 25.7PPG on 23.6 attempts

That's why Harden is a regular season star. He cannot flop around that much in the playoffs.

You do realize 35.7 ppg on 23.6 FGA is insane, right? :oldlol: :oldlol:

Kobe averaged 35.4 ppg on 27.2 FGA.

MJ averaged 33.6 ppg on 24 FGA, 32.6 on 25.7 FGA, and 37 ppg on 28 FGA.

Great take though. :lol

stalkerforlife
01-22-2019, 07:48 AM

Kobe averaged 35.4 ppg on 27.2 FGA.

MJ averaged 33.6 ppg on 24 FGA, 32.6 on 25.7 FGA, and 37 ppg on 28 FGA.

Great take though. :lol

Defense is forbidden in today's game, but don't let the truth interfere with your trolling.

Proceed.

kennethgriffen
01-22-2019, 07:51 AM
Defense is forbidden in today's game, but don't let the truth interfere with your trolling.

Proceed.

hows my team doing

anyone controlling it and fixing the lineups?

klay finally woke up it seems

LoneyROY7
01-22-2019, 07:55 AM

Proceed.

And yet Harden is leading the scoring race by over 6 ppg. Interesting that no one else is putting up historical numbers.

For reference, I recall in the 05-06 season when Kobe went off on his tear, Iverson was also averaging 33 ppg and a 21 year old LeBron was averaging 31.4.

Some food for thought.

Manny98
01-22-2019, 08:01 AM
Your dumbass went from being a CP3/Blake stan to a Harden stan, the moment they started getting spanked in the PO's. Lets see how long you last as a Harden stan.
Loney was a Clipper fan? :biggums:

Gileraracer
01-22-2019, 08:12 AM

I do realize that it is a result of all the phantom calls Harden gets. It's risky to base your complete offense on the hope that the refs fall for your flops.

But still, as long as the league is this stupid he's right to do so.

LoneyROY7
01-22-2019, 08:19 AM
I do realize that it is a result of all the phantom calls Harden gets. It's risky to base your complete offense on the hope that the refs fall for your flops.

So you post that Harden averages 26 ppg without a single FT and then say he bases his "complete offense" on fouls.

Interesting. Can't wait to hear how that works.

aj1987
01-22-2019, 08:20 AM

One time I'll agree with you. Lets not forget that defenders aren't even allowed to get close to Harden.

Bronbron23
01-22-2019, 09:53 AM
For it to be considered one of the best "seasons" ever he would have to do this in playoffs and more specifically the finals like mj did every year in his prime. They chances of that is slim to none he could end up with one of the best regular seasons ever. There's a huge difference

Phoenix
01-22-2019, 10:23 AM

Sure, if you ignore slashing/finishing with actual packed paints, post-game, midrange, off-ball. Watching Harden dribble dribble dribble out 3/4 of the clock trying to bait the defender into a foul, or take advantage of a gamble to get into the lane without a single rim protector because everyone is extended out to cover shooters, or his patented stepback *travel* shot hardly registers as GOAT tier offense. He's great at what he does, leveraging shitty modern defensive rules, spaced out courts, and his stats blow the roof off but it borders on unwatchable at times. And of course, none of his regular season stats means sweet fukk all because he's a persistent playoff underperformer.

stalkerforlife
01-22-2019, 10:24 AM
And yet Harden is leading the scoring race by over 6 ppg. Interesting that no one else is putting up historical numbers.

For reference, I recall in the 05-06 season when Kobe went off on his tear, Iverson was also averaging 33 ppg and a 21 year old LeBron was averaging 31.4.

Some food for thought.

Westbrook is about to average a triple double for the third consecutive season.

ImKobe
01-22-2019, 10:31 AM
His numbers are a product of the MDA system.

It's not more impressive than Westbrook's 2016-17 season.

36/6/8 vs 32/11/10

Westbrook destroys him in comparison when you look at +/- and VORP, Russ was much more impactful on defense.

Current Rockets are on a pace to finish at 46 wins, 2017 Thunder won 47. Now compare Harden's offensive help to what Westbrook had. Thunder played 4 on 5 with bum ass Roberson, no shooters to space the floor for Russ.

Gileraracer
01-22-2019, 10:40 AM
Corey Brewer doin' the James Harden flops on James Harden :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4J-MmZv608

CountDracula
05-14-2022, 03:27 AM
https://i.ibb.co/NYd5XLz/6-C71-A1-EC-660-C-4-EA6-8886-874-ECF2-D93-E2.jpg (https://ibb.co/F7L29Bt)

https://i.ibb.co/NKQ2wQf/47-C51-DEC-19-D0-4-E98-9-AD9-163-B3-D6-CE177.jpg (https://ibb.co/pdGjCGN)

https://i.ibb.co/qxtBfF7/4883-CC0-E-A027-4-E06-B97-D-7-B2848469-C07.gif (https://imgbb.com/)