PDA

View Full Version : Wait...We all agree Steph is the GOAT shooter right?

RoseCity07
01-22-2019, 06:12 PM
I see Curry getting a lot of hate. I get it. Everyone is sick of the Warriors. But even with that in mind how can anyone deny he's the best shooter ever?

It's not even close. Is there anyone out there that actually believes Jordan or Bird shot better?

FKAri
01-22-2019, 06:13 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/BjeiL8WnqByKY/giphy.gif

'Toine=MVP
01-22-2019, 06:15 PM

lol

Yeah I don't think anyone would say Jordan. I think there is a decent case for Bird at #2 if we add some guesswork, but there is really no justification for putting him AHEAD of Steph.

Marchesk
01-22-2019, 06:16 PM
There's no debate on best long range shooter.

Best shooter from anywhere on the court? Not sure about that.

Best FT shooter? He's in the conversation.

Curry's best if you value the three point shot more and his impact on the modern game.

RoseCity07
01-22-2019, 06:18 PM

Is this new:oldlol:

I know it has to be. You've been waiting for a thread to pop up so you could use it.:roll:

Gus Hemmingway
01-22-2019, 06:20 PM
not even the best on his team

FKAri
01-22-2019, 06:20 PM
There's no debate on best long range shooter.

Best shooter from anywhere on the court? Not sure about that.

Best FT shooter? He's in the conversation.

Curry's best if you value the three point shot more and his impact on the modern game.
We're talking about shooter not shot creator. Give Steph the same separation and shot availability and I like his chances over anyone else.

Marchesk
01-22-2019, 06:22 PM
We're talking about shooter not shot creator. Give Steph the same separation and shot availability and I like his chances over anyone else.

So it doesn't count that Durant's better at shooting over people inside the the line?

FKAri
01-22-2019, 06:25 PM
Is this new:oldlol:

I know it has to be. You've been waiting for a thread to pop up so you could use it.:roll:
Yep. I even made a tutorial so others can make them too. Check it out:
GIF making tutorial by FKAri (http://lmgtfy.com/?t=i&q=who+are+you+talking+to+jim+carrey+gif)

Marchesk
01-22-2019, 06:26 PM
If we look at 50/40/90% seasons, then Curry has one, Durant has one, Bird has two and Nash has four.

Marchesk
01-22-2019, 06:26 PM
Yep. I even made a tutorial so others can make them too. Check it out:
GIF making tutorial by FKAri (http://lmgtfy.com/?t=i&q=who+are+you+talking+to+jim+carrey+gif)

:roll: :roll: :roll:

sammichoffate
01-22-2019, 06:57 PM
His finishing at the rim is probably GOAT-tier too

hiphopanonymous
01-22-2019, 07:06 PM
Best 3 point shooter off the dribble yes

Anything other than that is difficult to say with the rules being floodgated open in the Adam silver era to make curry and his GSW indefensible (literally it

kennethgriffen
01-22-2019, 07:08 PM
best open shooter.. yeah

best under heavy contest and/or pressure

na

hiphopanonymous
01-22-2019, 07:09 PM
His finishing at the rim is probably GOAT-tier too
Nobody is near the rim anymore with modern spacing, no defender is allowed to body him on the way there, and they added no charge circle to prevent centers from stifling shots and drawing charges deterring small guys from playing near the rim - that

Jasper
01-22-2019, 07:47 PM
I see Curry getting a lot of hate. I get it. Everyone is sick of the Warriors. But even with that in mind how can anyone deny he's the best shooter ever?

It's not even close. Is there anyone out there that actually believes Jordan or Bird shot better?
u bet 2 for 12 last nite

TheCorporation
01-22-2019, 09:21 PM

Who TF would EVER say Jordan was abetter shooter than...Even Giannis. Get a grip my guy.

Unless that was a troll, considering MJ is easily the worst shooter of all top 15 guards or forwards (Bron, Kobe, Durant, Curry, Bird all better shooters) in which case I commend you on your trolling efforts :bowdown:

MJ can't hide from his 18.9% 3-ball shooting once zone defense wasn't illegal anymore.

Keno
01-22-2019, 09:35 PM
not even the best on his team

this.

anyone see the clinic last night? next level.

tontoz
01-22-2019, 09:45 PM

Jordan isn't in the conversation of best shooters ever.

Bird was good but he swears he was a better shooter in college before a hand injury hampered him in the pros. Knowing Bird he probably hurt his hand in a fight. He was a pretty low volume 3 pt shooter, especially for a guy who won the 3 pt contest, and his career 37.6% from 3 is pretty weak relative to the other top shooters.

Steph is an easy call for me. If he can stay healthy he is going to set the bar so high it will be really tough for anyone to even get close. Not only does he take a high volume of 3s with a high percentage, he is also a career 51% shooter on 2s and 90% from the line.

Other guys i think of quickly are Dirk, Durant, Price, Nash, Miller and Allen.

tontoz
01-22-2019, 10:01 PM
If we look at 50/40/90% seasons, then Curry has one, Durant has one, Bird has two and Nash has four.

The 50 is FG percentage, which basically penalizes guys for taking a high volume of 3s like Steph. FG% is a worthless stat in todays game.

Steph's career EFG of 58% is absurd for a guard, over 7% better than Jordan.

Nash had a career EFG of 55.6%, on a much lower volume of shots. Price was at 53%. Those are the only 2 pgs i can think of in the same zip code.

Big164
01-22-2019, 11:40 PM

superduper
01-22-2019, 11:41 PM
Curry is easily the greatest 3pt shooter of all time by FAR and the greatest overall shooter as well but honestly Durant has to be like top 3 all time. His jumper is automatic.

Marchesk
01-22-2019, 11:51 PM
“In the conversation”

If by in the conversation you mean #1 all time in FT% then yeah.. i guess that qualifies as being in the convo...

Tied for #1 with Chris Jackson with Nash and Price 0.01 behind. I'd say they belong in the same conversation as Curry. So does Rick Barry, who's taken 1500 more FTs than Curry to date.

It's not like with 3P shooting, where it's clear Curry is the greatest ever.

warriorfan
01-23-2019, 12:37 AM
Tied for #1 with Chris Jackson with Nash and Price 0.01 behind. I'd say they belong in the same conversation as Curry. So does Rick Barry, who's taken 1500 more FTs than Curry to date.

It's not like with 3P shooting, where it's clear Curry is the greatest ever.

If you did a combination of all categories Curry would be the best shooter of all time.

Stephonit
01-23-2019, 12:43 AM
He's the best player ever at busting up a defense and riddling it with enough holes to turn it into swiss cheese.

Prometheus
01-23-2019, 12:58 AM
No argument here

AlternativeAcc.
01-23-2019, 01:03 AM
He's not even the 2nd best shooter on his own team

let that sink in.

Stephonit
01-23-2019, 01:42 AM
This media narrative is like the local news saying the sky is blue.

At this rate saying this over and over has become dumb and awkward because we all know he is way way way more than that.

Smook A.
01-23-2019, 03:00 AM
I don't think there's anyone who disagrees with that statement. If they do, they should never talk basketball again

julizaver
01-23-2019, 12:09 PM

I tend to think so ...