PDA

View Full Version : Has Harden proven himself as the best of the OKC big 3?

Im Still Ballin
01-24-2019, 02:22 PM
Who'd have thought, the bench guy 6th man was the best of the trio?

I think you can argue between him and KD, but Westbrook is clearly number 3 now.

KD was the standout in the beginning when the other two were beneath him. It wasn't until around 2014-2015 that Westbrook and Harden started making some noise.

But it's not until the last 2 or so years that this discussion has become legitimate. Westbrook 2017 MVP, Harden 2018 MVP.

The rebuttal might be a dislike of Harden's style, or a lack of playoff success which doesn't make sense to me. Man has made the playoffs every year in Houston. Consistently overachieved with questionable supporting casts.

45 wins his first year with Lin and Parsons. Made the WCF with a seriously declining Dwight Howard. Massively overachieved when D'Antonio came to town. 55 wins, 2 round with just a bunch of quality role players, no real second option. Gets his super star partner in CP3, 1st seed 65 wins, nearly beats Warriors in WCF.

Now with everything that can go wrong, seemingly doing so... He's putting up historic numbers to keep his team in the hunt...

elementally morale
01-24-2019, 02:33 PM
Absolutely not. Durant is a lot better. And I don't even like him.

ImKobe
01-24-2019, 02:34 PM
He's not though..he's on the same level as Russ(prime for prime), but KD was always and still is the best of the three and it shows in the POs.

lilteapot
01-24-2019, 02:34 PM
Absolutely not. Durant is a lot better. And I don't even like him.
qft

Phoenix
01-24-2019, 02:38 PM
I think if push came to shove Harden and Durant would have worked better than what we got with Durant and Westbrook. There's no way the 3 of them were ever going to stick it out as a trio, Harden and WB are too ball-dominant to co-exist in the backcourt.

Answering the question, KD's still the best of the 3, but it's becoming more blurred with the other two.

Ghost1
01-24-2019, 02:39 PM
https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/979/436/7436979.png
https://cdn.sportsgrid.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/hardenparty.jpg

FKAri
01-24-2019, 03:05 PM
1 KD
2 Harden
3 Westbrook

Harden's closer to KD than many of you guys realize. KD could not do what Harden is doing in Houston. KD can't distort defenses or play make on that level. But KD can get you reliable buckets that the defense can't do much about and much better defense. Harden's a more explosive scorer than KD but not as reliable. Ultimately KD is easier to fit other pieces with when forming a contender.

Westbrook's decision making is an enormous limitation. He's a supercar with an idiot behind the wheel.

Phoenix
01-24-2019, 03:42 PM
1 KD
2 Harden
3 Westbrook

Harden's closer to KD than many of you guys realize. KD could not do what Harden is doing in Houston. KD can't distort defenses or play make on that level. But KD can get you reliable buckets that the defense can't do much about and much better defense. Harden's a more explosive scorer than KD but not as reliable. Ultimately KD is easier to fit other pieces with when forming a contender.

Westbrook's decision making is an enormous limitation. He's a supercar with an idiot behind the wheel.

The difference shows in the playoffs. KD, even with his slight build, can get into the post and midrange area and produce in ways that Harden can't. Plays off-ball much better. Harden spams 3's, dribbles the air out the ball manufacturing a driving lane, and flails for calls. That shit doesn't work in the playoffs to the same level because 1)refs call the game differently and 2) lets see how much energy you have in those legs in May and June when you've spent the entire year chucking 3s and driving, without the 'easier' baskets you can get via some semblance of a post game or midrange( like Kawhi). Harden is literally going to burn himself out playing this style.

TheCorporation
01-24-2019, 04:29 PM
He's not though..he's on the same level as Russ(prime for prime), but KD was always and still is the best of the three and it shows in the POs.

Before or after joining a 73-win superteam?

superduper
01-24-2019, 04:34 PM
No but he's definitely proving to be THE King James

imdaman99
01-24-2019, 04:37 PM
The fact remains, none of them are winning any championships on their own. KD is the best one of the 3 and I'd actually put Harden and Russ as 2a and 2b. Who really is the most likeable out of the 3? All 3 have haters. I suppose people like KD the most out of them, but joining a 73 win team ruined that.

PP34Deuce
01-24-2019, 04:56 PM
Will be an amazing 30 for 30 in 10-12 years.

scuzzy
01-24-2019, 05:19 PM
https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/979/436/7436979.png
https://cdn.sportsgrid.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/hardenparty.jpg
:roll:

both look fun af thou :lol

bison
01-24-2019, 05:30 PM
If anything, Harden's scoring run this season has actually made me appreciate KD's game a lot more.

And before this season I would have had Harden even with or below Westbrook. WB kinda been exposed this year.

Hopefully 'The Snake' leaves GSW before his prime is over and becomes the man on another team. Then we could accurately assess all 3.