7. Oscar Robertson
8. John Stockton
9. Isaiah Thomas
10. Kyrie Irving
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

kennethgriffen
01-25-2019, 06:42 AM
gotta put kobe over magic

defense is one entire half of the game which magic played none of and kobe is legendary at

its debatable in terms of their offense. but overall? common

5 for 7 > 5 for 9

kobe owns nearly every laker record and magic said kobes the goat laker

so did shaq, west and many others in the organisation

plus magic ruined the lakers future as president

zeerghit
01-25-2019, 06:56 AM
1. MJ
2. Magic
3. Kobe
4. Isiah
5. Wade
6. Curry
7. West
8. Iverson
9. Kidd
10. Stockton/Nash/Drexler/Irving

And1AllDay
01-25-2019, 07:02 AM

defense is one entire half of the game which magic played none of and kobe is legendary at

5 for 7 > 5 for 9

Wow bruh you truly are the biggest idiot wtf bottles my mind

Nowoco
01-25-2019, 07:14 AM

Yeah right :lol :lol :lol

PickernRoller
01-25-2019, 07:56 AM

5 for 7 > 5 for 9

Endorsed.

JohnnySic
01-25-2019, 08:02 AM
1.Jordan
2. Harden

:dancin

ImKobe
01-25-2019, 08:07 AM
1. Kobe
2. MJ
3. Magic
4. Wade
5. AI
6. Kyrie
7. Curry
8. T-Mac
9. Harden
10. Westbrook

kennethgriffen
01-25-2019, 08:16 AM
Wow bruh you truly are the biggest idiot wtf bottles my mind

http://scarefx.com/images/head_in_milk_bottle.jpg

bottles?

i think you meant "boggles"

Kblaze8855
01-25-2019, 09:14 AM
We taking the stupid ___/___ argument so far as to actually act like when two people have the same number of rings the one who made less finals had a better career? I didnt think this place could get any worse.......

Real14
01-25-2019, 09:16 AM
1. MJ
2. Magic
3. Kobe
4. Isiah
5. Wade
6. Curry
7. West
8. Iverson
9. Kidd
10. Stockton/Nash/Drexler/Irving
Thank u for saying Iverson. These people are so disrespectful :facepalm

Real14
01-25-2019, 09:22 AM
So far in order...

1. MJ
2. Kobe
3. Magic
4. Curry
5. Iverson
6. Isiah
7. Frazier
8. Oscar
9. West
10. Wade

kennethgriffen
01-25-2019, 09:24 AM
We taking the stupid ___/___ argument so far as to actually act like when two people have the same number of rings the one who made less finals had a better career? I didnt think this place could get any worse.......

finals win% is taken into consideration. yes kblaze. where the hell have you been for the last 2 decades

its not the end all be all but it is one factor when comparing guys

magic is 5 for 9 and not 7 for 9 because he literally choked the 1984 finals away

plus he got swept by philly in 1983

how on earth can choking and getting swept be a good thing when you have

- Kareem Abdul Jabbar
- James Worthy
- Jamaal Wilkes
- Bob Mcadoo
- Michael Cooper
- Norm Nixon/Byron Scott

kobe with this f*cking squad doesn't get swept. he doesn't choke. and he plays f*cking defense

instead of dennis johnson/andrew tony lighting it up kobe would have suffocated them

magics lack of defense definitely hurt LA

Manny98
01-25-2019, 09:30 AM
1. MJ
2. Magic
3. Kobe
4. Curry
5.West
6. Wade
7. Havlicek
8. IT
9. Oscar
10. Nash

zeerghit
01-25-2019, 09:31 AM
finals win% is taken into consideration. yes kblaze. where the hell have you been for the last 2 decades

its not the end all be all but it is one factor when comparing guys

magic is 5 for 9 and not 7 for 9 because he literally choked the 1984 finals away

plus he got swept by philly in 1983

how on earth can choking and getting swept be a good thing when you have

- Kareem Abdul Jabbar
- James Worthy
- Jamaal Wilkes
- Bob Mcadoo
- Michael Cooper
- Norm Nixon/Byron Scott

kobe with this f*cking squad doesn't get swept. he doesn't choke. and he plays f*cking defense
how about not making playoffs in his peak or losing in 1st round? are we gonna take that into consideration?

ImKobe
01-25-2019, 09:31 AM

Kobe played in a tougher Conference. Magic had no real competition to make the Finals in many of his runs in an imbalanced Western Conference and to be fair choked a few times with HCA, once in the first round to a 40-42 Rockets team. It's fair to say that Kobe had to beat better teams to make his 7 Finals and that he won two rings without another all-time great player on his side.

It's a fair argument, and the fact that Magic himself has said that Kobe's the GOAT Laker. Kenneth is an idiot, but it's a fair argument to make.

Ranking is biased anyway, no matter who does it. People have different reasons for ranking players. Some favor rings over stats, others purely look at the talent of the player and most rank players based on team/player fandom and nostalgia.

how about not making playoffs in his peak or losing in 1st round? are we gonna take that into consideration?

Did he lose in the 1st round with HCA? Wasn't he injured in 2005 along with his 2nd best player? How is that peak?

Magic got swept in the 1st round with HCA against a 40-42 team. Kobe put up his team ahead 3 - 1 against one of the contending teams when they had no business doing so, he eliminates that team if his teammates don't give up two wide open threes in the last 20 seconds of the 4th at home in Game 6.

Manny98
01-25-2019, 09:32 AM
1. Kobe
2. MJ
3. Magic
4. Wade
5. AI
6. Kyrie
7. Curry
8. T-Mac
9. Harden
10. Westbrook
:biggums:

Real14
01-25-2019, 09:32 AM
1. MJ
2. Magic
3. Kobe
4. Curry
5.West
6. Wade
7. Havlicek
8. IT
9. Oscar
10. Nash
Good list actually but why nash instead of iverson?:coleman:

kennethgriffen
01-25-2019, 09:34 AM
#1 Jordan
#2 Kobe
#3 Magic
#4 Oscar
#5 West
#6 Zeke
#7 Wade
#8 Curry
#9 Stockton
#10 Iverson

ImKobe
01-25-2019, 09:37 AM
:biggums:

I'm not putting Oscar and West into my top 10 because honestly they were wayyy before my time and yours, it's hard to rank them. It's why I don't even bother ranking Wilt & Russell in all-time top 10s, it's pretty impossible to measure their greatness vs. modern NBA basketball. They're on a level of their own.

Manny98
Good list actually but why nash instead of iverson?:coleman:
I don't like inefficient ball hogging chuckers

kennethgriffen

its about doing what is expected of you. kobe taking the suns to 7 games with kwame and smush is more impressive than magic taking 5-6 hall of famers to the finals only to get swept ... then a year later choke like a b*tch

Real14
01-25-2019, 09:38 AM
What?? If u think that's all he is then you haven't seen him play enough then smh.

kennethgriffen
01-25-2019, 09:39 AM

then why'd you put havlicek on your list. his point per shot was 1.10 ... which is on kobe post achilles rupture/rookie lebron levels of inefficiency

iverson was much more efficient than havlicek

and he was barely ever a shooting guard btw

Real14
01-25-2019, 09:40 AM
#1 Jordan
#2 Kobe
#3 Magic
#4 Oscar
#5 West
#6 Zeke
#7 Wade
#8 Curry
#9 Stockton
#10 Iverson
What's with this Stockton shit?:lol He was great but not that great:oldlol:

Manny98
01-25-2019, 09:42 AM
then why'd you put havlicek on your list. his point per shot was 1.10 ... which is on kobe post achilles rupture/rookie lebron levels of inefficiency

iverson was much more efficient than havlicek

and he was barely ever a shooting guard btw
That's because there was no 3 point line + Havlicek actually played a team brand of basketball hence 8/8 unlike Iverson

Real14
01-25-2019, 09:44 AM
That's because there was no 3 point line + Havlicek actually played a team brand of basketball hence 8/8 unlike Iverson
Team ball? What Iverson did in 01 puts him over havlicek automatically. Look at that 01 Sixers team. Very talentless.

kennethgriffen
01-25-2019, 09:44 AM
What's with this Stockton shit?:lol He was great but not that great:oldlol:

stockton basically made karl malone

half of his career is based off of a stocktons creation/getting him open for a mid range jumper

if it wasn't for MJ/refs stockton would have 2 rings

he's one of the best 2way players ever.

stockton was the perfect point guard.. put him on the lakers instead of magic and they win 7 titles out of 9

kennethgriffen
01-25-2019, 09:46 AM

iverson shot 31% threes. how did that help his point per shot

Manny98
01-25-2019, 09:54 AM
Team ball? What Iverson did in 01 puts him over havlicek automatically. Look at that 01 Sixers team. Very talentless.
They had the defensive player of the year and were the best defensive team in the league that year

Iverson shot like 30% and they still won due to Mutombos godly defense

zeerghit
01-25-2019, 10:07 AM
its about doing what is expected of you. kobe taking the suns to 7 games with kwame and smush is more impressive than magic taking 5-6 hall of famers to the finals only to get swept ... then a year later choke like a b*tch
i dont know f*cking any goat who cant make playoffs or first round in his peak odom is more than enough to do that. And than kobe won he won alone? he was blessed gasol/artest showed up and saved his ass

kennethgriffen
01-25-2019, 10:19 AM
i dont know f*cking any goat who cant make playoffs or first round in his peak odom is more than enough to do that. And than kobe won he won alone? he was blessed gasol/artest showed up and saved his ass

kobe and odom both missed nearly 20 games in 2005 and kobe took a lesser team to the playoffs the next 2 years after losing caron butler

you'll be using lebrons 15 games missed as an excuse if the lakers miss the playoffs this year and kuzma's been way more healthy than odom was in 2005

so your point is pretty much obsolete/debunked

zeerghit
01-25-2019, 10:30 AM
kobe and odom both missed nearly 20 games in 2005 and kobe took a lesser team to the playoffs the next 2 years after losing caron butler

you'll be using lebrons 15 games missed as an excuse if the lakers miss the playoffs this year and kuzma's been way more healthy than odom was in 2005

so your point is pretty much obsolete/debunked
u see the difference than lebron plays they winning, but with kobe that year they went 28-38 that goat impact.

kennethgriffen
01-25-2019, 10:35 AM
u see the differnce than lebron plays they winning, but with kobe that year they went 28-38 that goat impact.

it was an obvious tank job after rudy T stepped down

the lakers were 24-19 with rudy T

after he stepped down when kobe/odom were ****ed up... hamblen tanked the rest of the way to a 10-29 record

zeerghit
01-25-2019, 10:40 AM
it was an obvious tank job after rudy T stepped down

the lakers were 24-19 with rudy T

after he stepped down when kobe/odom were ****ed up... hamblen tanked the rest of the way to a 10-29 record
what else? so if lebron misses 16+ games we can call tank too? dude just stfu he choked he runned out of town shaq wanted to be main man, and he wasnt ready, end of story.

Wally450
01-25-2019, 10:42 AM
In no way is Kyrie a top 10 guard all time.

Kblaze8855
01-25-2019, 10:43 AM

Here. And talking sports elsewhere. And this shit all comes from 5 years ago. When Lebron got to 2-3. It would have taken me a few moments to piece together how many times all the greats made finals and how many they lost before idiots started 2/5 talk. And if it would have taken me a moment the average fan wouldnt have had a clue.

Every one of these bullshit ___/___ numbers be they 3/9, 1/9, 6/24, 1/10 or whatever.....all of them started here around 2014. Im not saying the concepts were never imagined(1/9 was actually on google newsgroups in 1998). But the way its used now?

All that shit traces back to Lebron reaching 3 finals losses and haters deciding how many losses you had decides how good you are when not a one of them could have told you how many anyone else had aside from knowing Jordan had none.

I distinctly remember one day counting them off for some people in my head and not being sure if Kareem was 6/10 or 6/11 and having to tell quite a few people here that both Kareem and Magic lost in 4 finals when people made topics asking if any all time greats had done it(clearly assuming not). People didnt know how many West or Baylor lost. Most still dont. Average NBA fan cant tell you how many finals Larry Bird lost. Most reading this now cant either without google or a few moments of thought. You wouldnt know off the top how many finals Wilt lost in 2009. I would. Most wouldnt. Most never even would have considered it. Ring count? Yes. Finals losses? I dont think 1 in 10 sports could have told you how many anyone top 5ish lost but Jordan....and even he would stump some before this era where finals record is plastered all over.

Its a fabricated standard that exists for one reason...comparing Lebron and Jordan. And the people who started it didnt have a clue what anyone elses was.

It's a fair argument, and the fact that Magic himself has said that Kobe's the GOAT Laker. Kenneth is an idiot, but it's a fair argument to make.

I dont care about Kobe vs Magic. Ive probably made a dozen posts listing them both among the 5-6 guys I dont think are different enough to argue where they stand in relation to eachother.

I just hate shitty arguments.

You wanna count ring...ok. Thats kinda foolish from a straight basketball POV as well...but...ok. When everyone has the same rings....to act like the advantage goes to the guy who lost earlier in the playoffs? The optimal ending to a season is to win the title....or get knocked out in the third round...because your career gets worse by winning.

Kobe Bryant...does not have an improved career...if they lose to the spurs or Jazz in the west in 08. But if that Kobe is compared to real Kobe....his fans get to go 5/6 > 5/7? AIs career is not improved by losing to the Bucks. Ray Allens would get a bump by losing in the finals in 01. Vince Carter too.

Its almost like comparing Joe Namath and Kurt Warner. Same number of rings...but Namath went 1/1. How does the tie go to the guy who only ever played 1 playoff game in his entire career aside from the year he won the superbowl? Less success leading to fewer chances to lose the big one....is not a positive.

To me its mostly a nothing....but if its anything...it isnt a positive.

kennethgriffen
01-25-2019, 11:01 AM
Here. And talking sports elsewhere. And this shit all comes from 5 years ago. When Lebron got to 2-3. It would have taken me a few moments to piece together how many times all the greats made finals and how many they lost before idiots started 2/5 talk. And if it would have taken me a moment the average fan wouldnt have had a clue.

Every one of these bullshit ___/___ numbers be they 3/9, 1/9, 6/24, 1/10 or whatever.....all of them started here around 2014. Im not saying the concepts were never imagined(1/9 was actually on google newsgroups in 1998). But the way its used now?

All that shit traces back to Lebron reaching 3 finals losses and haters deciding how many losses you had decides how good you are when not a one of them could have told you how many anyone else had aside from knowing Jordan had none.

I distinctly remember one day counting them off for some people in my head and not being sure if Kareem was 6/10 or 6/11 and having to tell quite a few people here that both Kareem and Magic lost in 4 finals when people made topics asking if any all time greats had done it(clearly assuming not). People didnt know how many West or Baylor lost. Most still dont. Average NBA fan cant tell you how many finals Larry Bird lost. Most reading this now cant either without google or a few moments of thought. You wouldnt know off the top how many finals Wilt lost in 2009. I would. Most wouldnt. Most never even would have considered it. Ring count? Yes. Finals losses? I dont think 1 in 10 sports could have told you how many anyone top 5ish lost but Jordan....and even he would stump some before this era where finals record is plastered all over.

Its a fabricated standard that exists for one reason...comparing Lebron and Jordan. And the people who started it didnt have a clue what anyone elses was.

I dont care about Kobe vs Magic. Ive probably made a dozen posts listing them both among the 5-6 guys I dont think are different enough to argue where they stand in relation to eachother.

You wanna count ring...ok. Thats kinda foolish from a straight basketball POV as well...but...ok. When everyone has the same rings....to act like the advantage goes to the guy who lost earlier in the playoffs? The optimal ending to a season is to win the title....or get knocked out in the third round...because your career gets worse by winning.

Kobe Bryant...does not have an improved career...if they lose to the spurs or Jazz in the west in 08. But if that Kobe is compared to real Kobe....his fans get to go 5/6 > 5/7? AIs career is not improved by losing to the Bucks. Ray Allens would get a bump by losing in the finals in 01. Vince Carter too.

Its almost like comparing Joe Namath and Kurt Warner. Same number of rings...but Namath went 1/1. How does the tie go to the guy who only ever played 1 playoff game in his entire career aside from the year he won the superbowl? Less success leading to fewer chances to lose the big one....is not a positive.

its weird how you always seem to go against what everyone else thinks majority wise

i wouldn't be surprised if you were a straight up dull unenthusiastic hipster in nearly every aspect of life ... because being too into hipster stuff is too much like other hipsters

http://www.bbc.co.uk/staticarchive/b7d6ab32d5a3ffaccb82495201dc76151a033452.jpg

finals records are not the end all be all. but for similar players who have around the same number of rings. those extra finals L's do stain a bit

6-0 is better than 6-1... but 7-1 beats 6-0

thats just me

FKAri
01-25-2019, 11:03 AM

You're on ISH this is where "Mr. Clutch" is called a choker.

kennethgriffen
01-25-2019, 11:04 AM
You're on ISH this is where "Mr. Clutch" is called a choker.

wests mr clutch name came from hitting a half court shot to tie a playoff game i think

other than that he was pretty bad at the end of elimination games ... at least the ones i've watched on youtube

SouBeachTalents
01-25-2019, 11:19 AM
I'd probably go

1. Jordan
2. Magic
3. Kobe
4. Oscar
5. West
6. Wade
7. Curry
8. Isiah
9. CP3
10. Stockton

Hittin_Shots
01-25-2019, 12:09 PM
its weird how you always seem to go against what everyone else thinks majority wise

i wouldn't be surprised if you were a straight up dull unenthusiastic hipster in nearly every aspect of life ... because being too into hipster stuff is too much like other hipsters

http://www.bbc.co.uk/staticarchive/b7d6ab32d5a3ffaccb82495201dc76151a033452.jpg

finals records are not the end all be all. but for similar players who have around the same number of rings. those extra finals L's do stain a bit

6-0 is better than 6-1... but 7-1 beats 6-0

thats just me

Such a retarded opinion. Just because a plethora of retards here have the same opinion doesn't make it any less stupid. Actually seeing how the majority of posters here are the same dumb fk going with this forums majority is more than likely going to be a retarded opinion.

Guy wins 6 and loses 1 and another guy wins 6 and gets swept first round and that ranks him higher..

StrongLurk
01-25-2019, 12:49 PM
1. MJ
2. Kobe
3. Magic
4. Oscar
5. West
6. Wade
7. Isiah
8. Curry
9. Nash
10. AI

kennethgriffen
01-25-2019, 02:18 PM
Such a retarded opinion. Just because a plethora of retards here have the same opinion doesn't make it any less stupid. Actually seeing how the majority of posters here are the same dumb fk going with this forums majority is more than likely going to be a retarded opinion.

Guy wins 6 and loses 1 and another guy wins 6 and gets swept first round and that ranks him higher..

heres the thing...if youre good enough to make the finals then youre usually good enough to win it all.. while a team that loses in the first round probably isnt good enough to get to the finals let alone win it all... theres a very very very very very very very very very small fraction that are first round exit trash that will ever make it to the finals.... and theres a very very very very very very very very very very very very small fraction of championship quality teams that will lose in the first round

its almost a straight up fluke for either to take place. so its not even a variable to consider... trying to say its better to lose in the finals than the first round is 99.999% of the time false because youre judged based on EXPECTATIONS

jordan and kobe have never lost in the first round when they were far and away the best overall squad...

BUT

lebron has lost in the finals with the best overall squad ... twice

and those 2 losses changed him from being 5 for 9 to 3 for 9

so lebron would have a winning finals record had he taken care of business. thats why we give more credit to guys with better finals records... because odds are if you have 6 finals Ls... YOU PROBLY ......F*CKED UP

bizil
01-25-2019, 02:36 PM
GOAT WISE:

1. MJ
2. Magic
3. Kobe
4. Big O
5. West
6. Curry
7. D Wade
8. Zeke
9. Stockton
10. Cousy

Peak Prime wise:

PG:

1. Magic
2. Big O
3. Curry
4. Westbrook
5. CP3

SG:

1. MJ
2. Mamba
3. Wade
4. T Mac
5. Harden

Celtics 1825
01-25-2019, 05:39 PM
Even as a Celtics fans I can't put Kyrie up there yet lol. Maybe in another 3-4 years.
Anyway:
1. Michael Jordan
2. Magic Johnson
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Stephen Curry
5. Dwyane Wade
6. John Stockton
7. Isiah Thomas
8. Allen Iverson
9. Steve Nash
10. Jerry West
Harden just outside but will easily work his way in as soon as the end of this season

Real14
01-25-2019, 05:53 PM
I'd probably go

1. Jordan
2. Magic
3. Kobe
4. Oscar
5. West
6. Wade
7. Curry
8. Isiah
9. CP3
10. Stockton
What u drinking now bruh?:lol

GreatHILL
01-25-2019, 06:32 PM
http://thesportsfanjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/steve-kerr-mark-price-600x507.jpg

Young X
01-25-2019, 07:24 PM
CP3 not being on these lists is a joke.

bigkingsfan
01-25-2019, 07:30 PM
Lebron #1 (he can play five positions)