PDA

View Full Version : My goodness what has Magic done? We could of had Paul George, Kawhi + Randle...

PickernRoller
01-25-2019, 10:29 PM
Yet all we have is Lebron sitting a groin injury collecting paychecks from his $35 million retirement contract and still stuck with Lonzo, the bust, Ball (nothing personal AirTupac)...

https://i.ibb.co/wdf3WW2/playoffs-what-playoffs.jpg

bladefd
01-26-2019, 03:50 AM
Sure, if I could go back, I would trade Ingram for PG 2 seasons ago. I would also keep either Randle or Lopez last summer. Randle wanted out though unfortunately, but Lopez we could have kept for cheap.

At the same time, hindsight is 20/20. It's not reasonable to look back now because it's all coulda woulda shoulda now. Magic made some good moves like getting rid of Mozgov, Deng, and Clarkson. LeBron was a great signing even with the baggage that comes with it. It is unfortunate he got injured - we were 4th seed until LeBron went down. Hopefully he returns soon.

Let's just see who we can sign this upcoming summer to make things right.

And1AllDay
01-26-2019, 04:49 AM
Sure, if I could go back, I would trade Ingram for PG 2 seasons ago. I would also keep either Randle or Lopez last summer. Randle wanted out though unfortunately, but Lopez we could have kept for cheap.

At the same time, hindsight is 20/20. It's not reasonable to look back now because it's all coulda woulda shoulda now. Magic made some good moves like getting rid of Mozgov, Deng, and Clarkson. LeBron was a great signing even with the baggage that comes with it. It is unfortunate he got injured - we were 4th seed until LeBron went down. Hopefully he returns soon.

:applause: All of this

dd24
01-26-2019, 05:21 AM
I'd say the move that looks the worst right now is trading Russell. He's proven he's a much better player than Ball.

kennethgriffen
01-26-2019, 05:43 AM

you act like kawhi, randle and PG were nobodies before this year.

theres no hindsight about it

coin24
01-26-2019, 06:35 AM
They can fix the problem by trading LeTurd right now.

hold this L
01-26-2019, 06:38 AM

Randle didn't want out, he just wanted more than a 1 season deal and you're gone for a super star. That's all the Laker signings are for this season, kids and rentals to clear cap for whichever all star can join Bron.

34-24 Footwork
01-26-2019, 07:11 AM
Randle didn't want out, he just wanted more than a 1 season deal and you're gone for a super star. That's all the Laker signings are for this season, kids and rentals to clear cap for whichever all star can join Bron.

100% this. Lol @ Randle "wanting out".

PickernRoller
01-26-2019, 09:09 AM

"Reasonable" if you believe your own narrative - Kenneth is right. There is no hindsight here about the talent level of Paul George and Kawhi Leonard nor was it unknown that Lebron was starting to become a pest for other all-stars in the league. Before signing Lebron we had these discussions multiple times. Bran was and is fools gold. Randle wanting out? :oldlol: :oldlol:

They can fix the problem by trading LeTurd right now.

Magic is too weak to do so. I wouldn't hold my breath about him doing a 180 on his own idea.

PickernRoller
01-26-2019, 09:14 AM
I'd say the move that looks the worst right now is trading Russell. He's proven he's a much better player than Ball.

Another Magic **** up.

k0kakw0rld
01-26-2019, 09:20 AM
Injured LeBron is better Randle only

75% healthy LeBron is better than Paul George
100% LeBron is better all of them, maybe not combined but individually, yes.

PickernRoller
01-26-2019, 09:28 AM
You're too high on that Kush if you really think Bran is better than today's Paul George and Kawhi Leonard - two-way players in their prime. Defense is half the game. Not to mention these players can actually adapt to coach systems and are coachable.

Randle is a young energetic, grit type asset home built that you shouldn't let go, period.

If you made that statement 6-8 years ago I would agree, but you seem still stuck in 2012.

Phoenix
01-26-2019, 10:10 AM
It's all hindsight but the biggest screwup was putting so much stock in Ingram. Whatever they thought he was supposed to be, I'm not seeing it. There's an argument that 'Lebron-ball' is holding him back but at a certain point, if you're going to be great then.....you're going to be great. Kobe started his career off the bench behind Eddie Jones and Van Exel in the backcourt, and the entire offense running through Shaq. And yet he emerged anyway. Greatness finds a way.

Ball has the playmaking and defensive tools, but not the consistent offensive aggressiveness needed to thrive as a modern day starting PG. Shooting is something you can work on over time, hell even Jason Kidd could stroke the 3 by the end, but his FT shooting makes him too much a liability so if the ball has to be taken out of his hands late game....there goes any value. Not like he can act like a spotup shooter off-ball to compensate

This team would have been nice with Russell, Randle, Kuzma and PG. Oh well....

Hey Yo
01-26-2019, 10:53 AM
Lakers "could have had" Kawhi?? What deal did they turn down from the Spurs? Who was involved in the trade that made LA say no??

The truth is, anyone who thinks SA would have traded Kawhi to LA are delusional fools. Yeah, lets trade our superstar to our biggest rival for unproven players.

OP = dumb and desperate

DMAVS41
01-26-2019, 10:54 AM
Please stop with the "Randle wanted out" shit...that isn't even relevant as he was a restricted free agent and those idiots let him walk for nothing in the most team friendly free agency of the modern era.

I'm still pretty high on the Lakers young guys (Ball / Kuz / Hart / Ingram / Zubac)...so it is a bit early to say the Lakers completely screwed up.

However, Ingram's stock now has taken a dramatic hit...seems more like 3rd grade Pippen than 3rd year Pippen.

Hey Yo
01-26-2019, 10:56 AM
You're too high on that Kush if you really think Bran is better than today's Paul George and Kawhi Leonard - two-way players in their prime. Defense is half the game. Not to mention these players can actually adapt to coach systems and are coachable.

Randle is a young energetic, grit type asset home built that you shouldn't let go, period.

If you made that statement 6-8 years ago I would agree, but you seem still stuck in 2012.
"LA could have had him, but LA turned down the Spurs trade offer"

:roll:

PickernRoller
01-26-2019, 11:10 AM
Lakers "could have had" Kawhi?? What deal did they turn down from the Spurs? Who was involved in the trade that made LA say no??

The truth is, anyone who thinks SA would have traded Kawhi to LA are delusional fools. Yeah, lets trade our superstar to our biggest rival for unproven players.

OP = dumb and desperate

As always putting the cart before the horse. I always said a trade for Kawhi that required trading Ingram and Kuz for him was a big fat NO-NO. And that it was better to get him in free-agency if the Spurs were that high on the Kush.

Do a bit of research on my post history like the sad little dog that you're to find the quotes.

Fact is, in prime all-stars/superstars trying to make a name for themselves don't wanna play in the shadow of Lebron James and hurt their stock in the process. Paul George was one such casualty. Kevin Durant pretty much buried all the talk and Kawhi Leonard is sure as hell suspect.

Bran is a big fat problem. Dealing with the problem opens our options substantially. Aka ship his @ss out.

Hey Yo
01-26-2019, 11:27 AM
As always putting the cart before the horse. I always said a trade for Kawhi that required trading Ingram and Kuz for him was a big fat NO-NO. And that it was better to get him in free-agency if the Spurs were that high on the Kush.

Do a bit of research on my post history like the sad little dog that you're to find the quotes.

Fact is, in prime all-stars/superstars trying to make a name for themselves don't wanna play in the shadow of Lebron James and hurt their stock in the process. Paul George was one such casualty. Kevin Durant pretty much buried all the talk and Kawhi Leonard is sure as hell suspect.

Bran is a big fat problem. Dealing with the problem opens our options substantially. Aka ship his @ss out.
How about if I read the thread title instead where it says:

"we could have had Kawhi."

That implies you turned down a trade offer from SA for Leonard before the season started.

It also implies what's been confirmed long ago...... you're dumb.

PickernRoller
01-26-2019, 11:33 AM
No what it means is that my assessment of not offering Ingram was wrong and that Ingram should have been offered for Kawhi Leonard just to be sure. There is still always the option of getting him in free agency. But that option becomes an issue, which shouldn't be, the moment we got Lebron James.

But but.... we can sign Kawhi with Lebron? Just like we can sign KD. Ask him and see what he says... Paul George already balked. It's becoming a pattern which Bran stans scream in rage to deny.... I wouldn't expect less from a LeTard.

Hey Yo
01-26-2019, 11:55 AM
No what it means is that my assessment of not offering Ingram was wrong and that Ingram should have been offered for Kawhi Leonard just to be sure. There is still always the option of getting him in free agency. But that option becomes an issue, which shouldn't be, the moment we got Lebron James.

But but.... we can sign Kawhi with Lebron? Just like we can sign KD. Ask him and see what he says... Paul George already balked. It's becoming a pattern which Bran stans scream in rage to deny.... I wouldn't expect less from a LeTard.
LOL @ your scrambling and looking even dumber.

Thread title..... "we could have had Kawhi," yet you have no facts to back up your claims. There was no offer that LA turned down for Kawhi. There was never an offer from SA to begin with.

Like I said in my first post, only delusional fools would think that SA ever entertained the idea of trading him to LA.

take the L and move along, Immortal.

PickernRoller
01-26-2019, 12:32 PM
LOL @ your scrambling and looking even dumber.

Thread title..... "we could have had Kawhi," yet you have no facts to back up your claims. There was no offer that LA turned down for Kawhi. There was never an offer from SA to begin with.

Like I said in my first post, only delusional fools would think that SA ever entertained the idea of trading him to LA.

take the L and move along, Immortal.

Lol that's not saying much... no one except Magic and the Spurs know exactly which pieces they considered exchanging and which pieces they did not. The only thing we know for a fact is that talks did took place and nothing came of it. Even media articles citing "insiders" mentioning names etc are always to be taken with a big fat grain of salt. Multiple sauces is not a meme for no reason.

So in that context and on that basis I can speculate whatever the fvck I want kiddo....:oldlol: :oldlol: This is after all a thread about perceived Magic failures as a GM.
I could even trade Kawhi for your slut momma and it would check out by the league's office.

But back to semi-seriousness we can speculate with a high degree of certainty that the Spurs would have accepted Ingram, Kuzma, Hart + fillers in a heartbeat. The simple fact is that trade beats the shit out of what they got from the Raptors and ain't no conference rivalship that's gonna beat a great deal. Lakers "success" =/= Spurs failure. But of course I'm offering this trade for argumentation sake since you made the dumb outlandish claim that the Spurs wouldn't entertain the idea of ever trading with the Lakers... despite them actually doing so.

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/06/28/report-lakers-spurs-re-engage-kawhi-leonard-trade-talks

Now that I've put you back safely in my pocket, and tightened my leash around that thin neck. Shut the fvck up.

Hey Yo
01-26-2019, 12:46 PM
Lol that's not saying much... no one except Magic and the Spurs know exactly which pieces they considered exchanging and which pieces they did not. The only thing we know for a fact is that talks did took place and nothing came of it. Even media articles citing "insiders" mentioning names etc are always to be taken with a big fat grain of salt. Multiple sauces is not a meme for no reason.

So in that context and on that basis I can speculate whatever the fvck I want kiddo....:oldlol: :oldlol: This is after all a thread about perceived Magic failures as a GM.
I could even trade Kawhi for your slut momma and it would check out by the league's office.

But back to semi-seriousness we can speculate with a high degree of certainty that the Spurs would have accepted Ingram, Kuzma, Hart + fillers in a heartbeat. The simple fact is that trade beats the shit out of what they got from the Raptors and ain't no conference rivalship that's gonna beat a great deal. Lakers "success" =/= Spurs failure. But of course I'm offering this trade for argumentation sake since you made the dumb outlandish claim that the Spurs wouldn't entertain the idea of ever trading with the Lakers... despite them actually doing so.

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/06/28/report-lakers-spurs-re-engage-kawhi-leonard-trade-talks

Now that I've put you back safely in my pocket, and tightened my leash around that thin neck. Shut the fvck up.
Hey dumbphuck.

Where's the part in the link that says "LA could have traded for Kawhi, but they turned SA down" like you claimed happened??

What was the specific offer that LA turned down that would have landed them Kawhi??

I've asked for a while now...... yet you have no answers for your stupid claim.

Only dumbphucks use speculation and try to pass it off as facts..... which is exactly what you're doing.

PickernRoller
01-26-2019, 12:56 PM
Hey dumbphuck.

Where's the part in the link that says "LA could have traded for Kawhi, but they turned SA down" like you claimed happened??

What was the specific offer that LA turned down that would have landed them Kawhi??

I've asked for a while now...... yet you have no answers for your stupid claim.

Only dumbphucks use speculation and try to pass it off as facts..... which is exactly what you're doing.

https://media.giphy.com/media/p4cqQ0gUIMcU0/giphy.gif

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/6/18/17476430/nba-trade-rumors-spurs-la-laker-kawhi-leonard-trade-san-antonio

“They clearly do not want to do business with the Lakers but if the Lakers could assembly the best deal…if the Lakers could use their assets to bring in a 3rd team & San Antonio gets the most out of a trade from the Lakers…they would do it.”

This is good news for the Lakers, and wasn’t made clear in earlier reports on the situation. The Spurs not wanting to trade Leonard to the Lakers is understandable, but this would seem to confirm that cooler heads are prevailing, and the Spurs won’t just take a worse return simply to spite Leonard and his management.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2018/6/28/17514326/kawhi-leonard-trade-lakers-brandon-ingram-lonzo

The Lakers have the assets. It’s a matter of how many they’re willing to part with.

According to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, the Lakers are willing to include Brandon Ingram and a future first-round pick, but San Antonio wants more.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/othersport/983061/Kawhi-Leonard-trade-Lakers-San-Antonio-Spurs-NBA-news-Kyle-Kuzma-Woj

Kawhi Leonard trade: Lakers refusing to include crucial player in Spurs deal

That’s according to ESPN reporter Adrian Wojnarowski, who claims Kyle Kuzma is yet to be included in any offers and that is why talks have slowed down recently.

The Los Angeles Lakers and San Antonio Spurs reportedly re-engaged in trade discussions surrounding Kawhi Leonard on Wednesday.

ESPN's Ramona Shelburne, Adrian Wojnarowski and Brian Windhorst reported that despite the Spurs' attempts to make peace with their disgruntled star, an overwhelming offer from the Lakers could spark a deal.

And that's just a quick google search. Getting yourself into more than you can manage kiddo..... but you're not a retard for no reason. :roll: :roll:

bladefd
01-26-2019, 04:43 PM
you act like kawhi, randle and PG were nobodies before this year.

theres no hindsight about it

Pop didn't want to trade Kawhi to Lakers without Kuzma. You don't think Lakers tried? :facepalm

Not trading Ingram for PG was a mistake, yes. PG was saying he will sign with the Lakers so his trade value plummeted if you remember. So we took the bluff, thinking why trade our most valuable piece for PG if he would sign with us anyways? We didn't know he wouldn't even take a meeting. I think Westbrook knew PG would leave them if Magic got in his ear so he pressurized PG to stay by throwing the party before he could legally speak with Magic - smart move by Westbrook.

Randle or Lopez we should have kept. I said that from day 1. Go check the Lakers forum.

bladefd
01-26-2019, 05:01 PM

That's true too. Since Lakers refused to give him long-term deal to keep space for a 2nd max deal, he wanted out. I feel like he took less with Pelicans just to give him ability to opt out for new bigger contract this summer. I wish we could have signed him to same contract he signed with Pelicans, but that's not what he wanted from the Lakers. He wanted bigger long-term deal.

BTW - Lakers extended qualifying offer to Randle but he wanted it renounced once he realized they won't offer him big long-term deal.. Lakers renounced it, making him unrestricted FA.
[QUOTE]According to multiple sources Julius Randle asked to be renounced by the the Lakers once it became clear his role could dramatically change this season and the team wasn

DMAVS41
01-26-2019, 05:06 PM
That's true too. Since Lakers refused to give him long-term deal to keep space for a 2nd max deal, he wanted out. I feel like he took less with Pelicans just to give him ability to opt out for new bigger contract this summer. I wish we could have signed him to same contract he signed with Pelicans, but that's not what he wanted from the Lakers. He wanted bigger long-term deal.

BTW - Lakers extended qualifying offer to Randle but he wanted it renounced once he realized they won't offer him big long-term deal.. Lakers renounced it, making him unrestricted FA.

https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/status/1013916688247472129

Had we given Randle what he wanted, Lakers would not have space to add a 2nd max deal.

This, of course, ignores that he was a restricted free agent and the Lakers could have simply said we'll match what he gets on the open market unless it gets absurd.

But they were stupid...so they lost a young and talented player or nothing.

bladefd
01-26-2019, 05:09 PM
It's all hindsight but the biggest screwup was putting so much stock in Ingram. Whatever they thought he was supposed to be, I'm not seeing it. There's an argument that 'Lebron-ball' is holding him back but at a certain point, if you're going to be great then.....you're going to be great. Kobe started his career off the bench behind Eddie Jones and Van Exel in the backcourt, and the entire offense running through Shaq. And yet he emerged anyway. Greatness finds a way.

Ball has the playmaking and defensive tools, but not the consistent offensive aggressiveness needed to thrive as a modern day starting PG. Shooting is something you can work on over time, hell even Jason Kidd could stroke the 3 by the end, but his FT shooting makes him too much a liability so if the ball has to be taken out of his hands late game....there goes any value. Not like he can act like a spotup shooter off-ball to compensate

This team would have been nice with Russell, Randle, Kuzma and PG. Oh well....

We had to dump Mozgov so only way we could do it was by unloading either Russell or 2nd overall pick. If we don't do that then we don't get the pick from Nets that became Kuzma.

What team is trading 2nd overall pick just to dump a bad contract?? Nobody is doing that so the alternative is trading Russell to dump Mozgov.

bladefd
01-26-2019, 05:13 PM

So what do you suggest doing?

LeBron -the best player in nba, 2nd best in nba history- wants to come to Lakers. Do you tell him to get lost?

bladefd
01-26-2019, 05:18 PM

There were rumors that Spurs wanted both Ingram AND Kuzma. They didn't want Lonzo. Lakers refused to give them Kuzma, and the talks died... Again, those were the rumors. We don't know for certain as outsiders.

bladefd
01-26-2019, 05:22 PM
This, of course, ignores that he was a restricted free agent and the Lakers could have simply said we'll match what he gets on the open market unless it gets absurd.

But they were stupid...so they lost a young and talented player or nothing.

What? You keep a player against his wishes if he wants a big role and long-term money?

We went over this already few months back, dmavs..

DMAVS41
01-26-2019, 05:32 PM
What? You keep a player against his wishes if he wants a big role and long-term money?

We went over this already few months back, dmavs..

Yes!

You don't lose a talent like Randle for nothing just because he's emotional or asks for something.

Yep, we went over it and you still either ignore reality or just can't bring yourself to admit the Lakers ****ed up, yet again, here.

The Lakers were in control...and in control in one of the most team friendly free agencies ever...you don't just throw that all away on a talented player before you even see if there is an on court problem.

Has to be one of the dumbest ****ing arguments ever...Randle had to go because of chemistry problems...before the team even plays on the court together.

Especially on a team that isn't even built properly around Lebron anyway...

Makes no sense and the Lakers clearly were wrong to let him walk. No rational and objective person thinks letting Randle go and not getting a return for him was the right decision.

LAVAR BALL
01-26-2019, 05:34 PM
Pop didn't want to trade Kawhi to Lakers without Kuzma. You don't think Lakers tried? :facepalm

Not trading Ingram for PG was a mistake, yes. PG was saying he will sign with the Lakers so his trade value plummeted if you remember. So we took the bluff, thinking why trade our most valuable piece for PG if he would sign with us anyways? We didn't know he wouldn't even take a meeting. I think Westbrook knew PG would leave them if Magic got in his ear so he pressurized PG to stay by throwing the party before he could legally speak with Magic - smart move by Westbrook.

Randle or Lopez we should have kept. I said that from day 1. Go check the Lakers forum.

What is crazy on the PG topic: Lakers thought they wouldn't have any effort to make, because they were the Lakers...It was rampant since some years already, and not the first time (i remember the infamous pitch for Lamarcus Aldridge) . By doing so they let Sam Presti work his magic and convince PG to stay in OKC. Not sure Lebron has anything to do with that.

About the DeAngelo Russel trade, if my memory serves me correctly, half the board was happy with the trade, believing L.A was gonna draft the new Magic ... Well at least Lonzo is better than this draft's top pick :D.

Lakers plan has never been to contend this year. Weight the pieces you have, target the second star you wanna bring, and choose which one year contract you want to resign. Problem is Magic never thought his two main young trade asset's value would plummet this year (Kuz seems as intradeable as it can get to me).

bladefd
01-26-2019, 06:45 PM
Yes!

You don't lose a talent like Randle for nothing just because he's emotional or asks for something.

Yep, we went over it and you still either ignore reality or just can't bring yourself to admit the Lakers ****ed up, yet again, here.

The Lakers were in control...and in control in one of the most team friendly free agencies ever...you don't just throw that all away on a talented player before you even see if there is an on court problem.

Has to be one of the dumbest ****ing arguments ever...Randle had to go because of chemistry problems...before the team even plays on the court together.

Especially on a team that isn't even built properly around Lebron anyway...

Makes no sense and the Lakers clearly were wrong to let him walk. No rational and objective person thinks letting Randle go and not getting a return for him was the right decision.

We already discussed this.. The return is having money for a 2nd max deal.

With Randle on the Lakers books, even at Pelicans contract salary level, that option for 2nd max deal goes away.. Unless if you salary dump Ingram and/or Lonzo, which would be idiotic. It's one thing to trade them for a star or borderline star, but not to salary dump them just so you can keep Randle for 2 years at Pelicans offer level.

Randle for 2 years is not worth losing your chances at 2nd max deal or having to salary dump Ingram/Lonzo.

DMAVS41
01-26-2019, 07:11 PM
We already discussed this.. The return is having money for a 2nd max deal.

With Randle on the Lakers books, even at Pelicans contract salary level, that option for 2nd max deal goes away.. Unless if you salary dump Ingram and/or Lonzo, which would be idiotic. It's one thing to trade them for a star or borderline star, but not to salary dump them just so you can keep Randle for 2 years at Pelicans offer level.

Randle for 2 years is not worth losing your chances at 2nd max deal or having to salary dump Ingram/Lonzo.

And we've been over this.

You could always just trade Randle if need be....you make it sound like if they had kept Randle and then needed space...they just couldn't trade Randle.

And that just isn't true.

PickernRoller
01-27-2019, 02:03 AM
So what do you suggest doing?

LeBron -the best player in nba, 2nd best in nba history- wants to come to Lakers. Do you tell him to get lost?

:roll: :roll: :roll: ohhhh.... shieeeeett..... I didn't knew you were that high on the kush.

And here I thought you were a reasonable mind but then again I forget this is ISH. You never know what's hiding behind those pixels until you do a lil bit of nudging...

Damn this thread opened a lot of closed doors.

And the suggestion coming from me has been damn clear for ages. Do not sign Lebron (well they did and ****ed up) - it follows - trade his @ss. Why u acting like u don't know this?

eliteballer
01-27-2019, 02:05 AM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/popcorn_2.gif

kurple
01-27-2019, 08:47 AM

There were plenty of people calling it bad moves at the time too

bladefd
01-27-2019, 04:53 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: ohhhh.... shieeeeett..... I didn't knew you were that high on the kush.

And here I thought you were a reasonable mind but then again I forget this is ISH. You never know what's hiding behind those pixels until you do a lil bit of nudging...

Damn this thread opened a lot of closed doors.

And the suggestion coming from me has been damn clear for ages. Do not sign Lebron (well they did and ****ed up) - it follows - trade his @ss. Why u acting like u don't know this?

So LeBron is not 2nd best player in history behind MJ? Do you even have him top 5?

And you would tell him to get lost? He led his teams to what? 8 straight finals?

And we've been over this.

You could always just trade Randle if need be....you make it sound like if they had kept Randle and then needed space...they just couldn't trade Randle.

And that just isn't true.

It would be an a$$hole move to lowball his initial contract offer and tell him "Go look for a better deal and we may or may not match" then still end up trading him to some random team as a salary dump in just 1yr. You don't think other prospective freeagents will see that? It's class-less move. Lakers have not historically dealt with players in that manner.

DMAVS41
01-27-2019, 05:30 PM
So LeBron is not 2nd best player in history behind MJ? Do you even have him top 5?

And you would tell him to get lost? He led his teams to what? 8 straight finals?

It would be an a$$hole move to lowball his initial contract offer and tell him "Go look for a better deal and we may or may not match" then still end up trading him to some random team as a salary dump in just 1yr. You don't think other prospective freeagents will see that? It's class-less move. Lakers have not historically dealt with players in that manner.

Teams do some version of that all the time.

Nothing "asshole" about it. You tell the player you really want them to stay on the team and you are willing to pay market value for him. So you tell the agent / player...go determine your market value...and we'll match that if we can.

Again, this is all just BS excuses for a franchise that let a player like Randle walk for nothing...which would be described by any rational and objective person as sub-optimal.

You can have the last word.