PDA

View Full Version : Thon Maker demands trade

Duderonomy
01-26-2019, 08:29 PM
Coach Bud isn't a fan of Thon and isn't giving him many minutes.

I thought Maker had some potential but the Bucks are winning without him might as well try to get something for him.

kennethgriffen
01-26-2019, 08:31 PM
a 37 year old 3rd year player averaging 4ppg demanding a trade

:lol

DMAVS41
01-26-2019, 08:34 PM
Mavericks here...

Wes / Harris... for Maker / Snell / Salary / Lottery protected future first

Milbuck
01-26-2019, 08:56 PM
Mavericks here...

Wes / Harris... for Maker / Snell / Salary / Lottery protected future first
Bucks can't really trade a future 1st right now.

Milbuck
01-26-2019, 08:57 PM
He's terrible but has potential to be a backup C some day maybe? He needs to be in a switching defensive scheme and have zero responsibility offensively besides shooting open 3s. He can't do anything else.

Akrazotile
01-26-2019, 09:03 PM
How good is this guy?

Any chance we could get him on the Lakers?

DMAVS41
01-26-2019, 09:08 PM
Bucks can't really trade a future 1st right now.

Can't it be a few years out?

2023?

Mask the Embiid
01-26-2019, 09:11 PM
1st backstabbing Jabari+Henson, and now this.Next up "GMiannis Ball" is gonna run Middleton out of town.Buck's fans are gonna try to spin it like Middleton leaving is a good thing too :lol ." Yeah...Yeah he doesnt fit the system anyway, let em walk.We didnt want to pay him anyway. He doesnt move the needle!".No stars will want to sit in the corner or at half court just to space the floor.He will never draw a star to play in the "giannis 5 out system"

How many long term Bucks does the giannis system have to run out of town?Pretty soon hes gonna be up for that 220 super duper max....Bucks window is about to slam shut :oldlol:

He's just good enough though that he will continue to drag them over and over deep into the playoffs just to lose in the conference finals over and over.He wont sniff a ring if he signs that supermax you hear(read) me bucks fans HE WONT SNIFF A RING IF HE TAKES EVERY PENNY LIKE CP3

Milbuck
01-26-2019, 09:16 PM
Can't it be a few years out?

2023?
Yeah I'm too lazy to look up the specifics but it's not impossible, just think it's very unlikely they'd do it imo. "Can't" wasn't good wording.

DMAVS41
01-26-2019, 09:19 PM
Yeah I'm too lazy to look up the specifics but it's not impossible, just think it's very unlikely they'd do it imo.

Even if it was lottery protected to where it only conveys if they miss the playoffs?

I mean, I don't know...something like that makes sense to me for the Bucks.

It gets them off the Snell contract and improves their chances of making the finals this year.

Wes would be really good on a team like that...he'd also reduce the amount of minutes George Hill is playing.

I'd just love to see the Bucks do something, perhaps with the Hill expiring, to get better and do everything they can to make the finals this year.

sammichoffate
01-26-2019, 10:23 PM
Even if it was lottery protected to where it only conveys if they miss the playoffs?

It gets them off the Snell contract and improves their chances of making the finals this year.

Wes would be really good on a team like that...he'd also reduce the amount of minutes George Hill is playing.

I'd just love to see the Bucks do something, perhaps with the Hill expiring, to get better and do everything they can to make the finals this year.That would be a good trade since Wes is an expirer like everyone else other than Giannis.

TheCorporation
01-26-2019, 10:34 PM
Is he good?

Can we get him?

FKAri
01-26-2019, 10:35 PM
The Black Porzingis ! :eek:

TheCorporation
01-26-2019, 10:37 PM
The Black Porzingis ! :eek:

Thon Blackzingis :eek:

CelticBaller
01-26-2019, 10:39 PM
Celtics should try to get him for cheap

Milbuck
01-27-2019, 12:20 AM

I'd just love to see the Bucks do something, perhaps with the Hill expiring, to get better and do everything they can to make the finals this year.
Yeah they're definitely going to try to make a move, would just hate to give up another 1st especially we've already given up 2 (though well protected) in the past year and a half.

I actually like where the rotation is at now that Sterling Brown and DJ Wilson have emerged as solid rotation players. But one more shot creating or shooting wing off the bench would be so sick.

I just have no idea what Thon's value is at this point.

DMAVS41
01-27-2019, 12:30 AM
Yeah they're definitely going to try to make a move, would just hate to give up another 1st especially we've already given up 2 (though well protected) in the past year and a half.

I actually like where the rotation is at now that Sterling Brown and DJ Wilson have emerged as solid rotation players. But one more shot creating or shooting wing off the bench would be so sick.

I just have no idea what Thon's value is at this point.

Probably doesn't have much value, but Snell / Maker would be interesting enough for me, if I'm the Mavericks, to move Wesley...even without a pick

I think that would be a nice addition, but what would really move the needle, would be using Hill and a pick for another piece.

I don't know...I'm just thinking about this team...if they added two more quality rotation players instead of Hill / Snell / Maker...I really think they could actually challenge for the title.

Milbuck
01-27-2019, 01:06 AM
Probably doesn't have much value, but Snell / Maker would be interesting enough for me, if I'm the Mavericks, to move Wesley...even without a pick

I think that would be a nice addition, but what would really move the needle, would be using Hill and a pick for another piece.

I don't know...I'm just thinking about this team...if they added two more quality rotation players instead of Hill / Snell / Maker...I really think they could actually challenge for the title.
Would you really do that Wes deal? I view Snell as a clear negative asset honestly, he's a solid player but 2 years/24 mil after this year is rough. Idk if the Mavs do that but any deal where we could shed Snell without a first would be huge, I think that would actually put us in a position to open up a max slot if we were to go after Kemba or something.

It annoys me that Ariza is wasting away in Washington, having him off the bench in a small role would be sick.

bullettooth
01-27-2019, 01:09 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAc_5ToLYVg

Duderonomy
01-27-2019, 01:30 AM
a 37 year old 3rd year player averaging 4ppg demanding a trade

:lol
Maker's listed age is 22 next month, but allegedly he graduated high school in 2010 :roll:

kurple
01-27-2019, 08:44 AM
He's terrible but has potential to be a backup C some day maybe? He needs to be in a switching defensive scheme and have zero responsibility offensively besides shooting open 3s. He can't do anything else.
Trey Lyles -4- Thon?

DMAVS41
01-27-2019, 09:12 AM
Would you really do that Wes deal? I view Snell as a clear negative asset honestly, he's a solid player but 2 years/24 mil after this year is rough. Idk if the Mavs do that but any deal where we could shed Snell without a first would be huge, I think that would actually put us in a position to open up a max slot if we were to go after Kemba or something.

It annoys me that Ariza is wasting away in Washington, having him off the bench in a small role would be sick.

Sure, you just roll the dice on Maker without taking on much risk. Cap is jumping and you get a sg that can drill 3's.

Obviously I think the deal with a lottery protected first is more fair, but getting anything for Wes's expiring contract is better than nothing.

I'm just, as the Bucks, I have a really good team right now that could make the leap to scary good if I could flip Hill / Snell / Maker for two rotation players.

Honestly, some monster trade like Hill / Snell / Maker / Salary / 1 future unprotected first for Barnes / Wes / Powell...it would never happen, but I think it would actually make a lot of sense for both teams.

And would make the Bucks the clear East favorite and a legit shot to scare the Warriors.

Jasper
01-27-2019, 10:42 AM
This why I posted the initial media link on Bucks forum , cause this thread has no clue what they are talking about.
Saying Thon Maker a 21 year old player is no good , and should be traded is
ridiculous.

Bucks drafted him , and he was as green as grass, but was taught by the Bucks staff.
He is important even without more minutes he desires.
It is what makes a championship team , and trading any player or players off of Milwaukee is the most stupidest thing this franchise can do.

Off Season if someone still can't agree to a contract , then fine , move them.

DMAVS41
01-27-2019, 11:11 AM
This why I posted the initial media link on Bucks forum , cause this thread has no clue what they are talking about.
Saying Thon Maker a 21 year old player is no good , and should be traded is
ridiculous.

Bucks drafted him , and he was as green as grass, but was taught by the Bucks staff.
He is important even without more minutes he desires.
It is what makes a championship team , and trading any player or players off of Milwaukee is the most stupidest thing this franchise can do.

Off Season if someone still can't agree to a contract , then fine , move them.

What?

Hill / Maker / Snell are making virtually no impact on this team and if they moved them for 2 players that would...the team would get much better.

The Bucks are in the exact type of position in which it makes sense to upgrade the roster because they have a legit shot to make the finals.

Kblaze8855
01-27-2019, 11:13 AM
The Bucks GM should get on sportscenter today and give him the Connor "Who the **** is that?" treatment. Demand....

k0kakw0rld
01-27-2019, 12:17 PM
Chris Boucher > Thon Maker

ralph_i_el
01-27-2019, 12:24 PM
The black Andrea Bargnani

Xiao Yao You
01-27-2019, 12:29 PM
I liked Maker when I've saw him. Hits 3's and blocks shots. Needs to put on some weight

Pointguard
01-27-2019, 02:30 PM
Bucks have a lot of players that you can't depend on game to game. Bledsoe and Middleton can have 3 game stretches where you don't know if a good game is coming. Brogdon and Lopez are more consistent than they are. So I disagree with some people who are being mentioned for trade bait here. They need the consistently good player more than anything. He could be a solid defensive player that shoots good foul shots. Or a consistent jump shooter. Or a solid rebounder. They have needs but consistency stands out in those areas.

MrFonzworth
01-27-2019, 02:53 PM
Muscala for Maker

Get it done Brand:rockon:

Duderonomy
01-27-2019, 07:37 PM
Maker for Melo. Get it done Gar

Jasper
01-28-2019, 01:17 AM
The Bucks GM should get on sportscenter today and give him the Connor "Who the **** is that?" treatment. Demand....
ditto