PDA

View Full Version : Luka Doncic or Zion Williamson?

tenzan
01-28-2019, 09:32 PM
Who would you build your team around?

DMAVS41
01-28-2019, 09:56 PM
Luka is easily the right answer to this question given the information we have right now.

Which is...Luka is already playing at an all-star level and adding wins to a team at age 19 with very few weaknesses in his game.

Given the how much is "unknown" about Zion in the NBA...you simply have to go with Luka right now.

I think Zion is going to be great, but Luka seems like a lock for a 10 year prime of 25/7/5 58% TS....while also having "it"...however you want to define what "it" is

4pointshot
01-29-2019, 02:48 AM
Trae Young says "no question" he'll be better than Doncic:

[quote]Young told

jongib369
01-29-2019, 04:04 AM

https://sports.yahoo.com/trae-young-talks-draft-day-trade-thinks-hell-better-luka-doncic-not-question-030002370.html
Good for him don't let the haters get in his head, he needs that kind of confidence.

Uncle Drew
01-29-2019, 04:11 AM

https://sports.yahoo.com/trae-young-talks-draft-day-trade-thinks-hell-better-luka-doncic-not-question-030002370.html
:oldlol: delusional scrub.

jongib369
01-29-2019, 04:21 AM
:oldlol: delusional scrub.
What do you want him to say? :lol Do you expect him to be all meek and be like "Yeah he's better, Hawks ****ed up trading for me. Doncic can go ahead and be my girls Bull as I fap in the corner crying going for a long distance c.um shot."

90sgoat
01-29-2019, 04:38 AM
When Zion fails it will be the final nail in the coffin of AAU.

bobopenguin
01-29-2019, 04:55 AM
last time i checked, the best american black NCAA player ayton is pretty behind Doncic right now.

i doubt Zion is more superior than Ayton at this stage.

Uncle Drew
01-29-2019, 05:09 AM
What do you want him to say? :lol Do you expect him to be all meek and be like "Yeah he's better, Hawks ****ed up trading for me. Doncic can go ahead and be my girls Bull as I fap in the corner crying going for a long distance c.um shot."
'I'll try to be the best I can be and we'll see how good that is'' or something along those lines. He should try nuance some time. Not only is he part of the worst trade in the history of the league, but now he is placing expectations on himself he will never be able to meet.

DukeDelonte13
01-29-2019, 09:03 AM
the guy who has already proven he can produce in the NBA at a high level.

tanibanana
01-29-2019, 09:09 AM
:facepalm
Its Luka, not even close.

Rocket
01-29-2019, 09:42 AM
Without hesitation it would be Luka with what we know today. Even if Zion did turn out to ultimately be a better player nonbody would say you made a mistake be picking Luka. It would be like with the Houston Rockets in 1984 selecting Hakeem when Jordan was on the board. Nobody has ever said the Rockets made a mistake taking Olajuwon. The only thing that would change this would be if Luka sustained a career ending/altering injury.

Haymaker
01-29-2019, 09:55 AM
Zion Williamson will be no better than Julius Randle. :oldlol: You guys fall for any stupid hype-job the media feeds you.

PeroAntic
01-29-2019, 10:02 AM
Zion will be a bust. He will have a few highlight dunks on the break and thats all.

jayfan
01-29-2019, 10:14 AM
Luka is the answer.

But people will be bumping this thread five years from now, laughing at the Zion ignorance.

Phoenix
01-29-2019, 10:16 AM
Yes, build around a guy who's not played a lick of NBA ball vs one of the better rookies to enter the league in 20 years. What a thought provoking question.

PP34Deuce
01-29-2019, 11:53 AM
One guy played against grown man competition since 16 vs one guy who's built grown man but played decent competition and is now experiencing true competition.

I hate these "race" narratives. This topic makes no sense right now and screams an agenda.

Celtics 1825
01-29-2019, 03:24 PM
Luka. We already know what he's capable of whereas Zion is still a big question mark. Plus Zion can't shoot which is a huge liability in the 3 point era.

atljonesbro
01-29-2019, 03:29 PM
'I'll try to be the best I can be and we'll see how good that is'' or something along those lines. He should try nuance some time. Not only is he part of the worst trade in the history of the league, but now he is placing expectations on himself he will never be able to meet.
You're so mad Trae has literally demolished your team in every match up. Since December 1st Trae has been more efficient than Luka while creating for his team more.

Young: 43/33/80
Doncic: 43/34/71

Why are you afraid to call Doncic inefficient? Is it because he's....? No...

Uncle Drew
01-29-2019, 03:50 PM
You're so mad Trae has literally demolished your team in every match up. Since December 1st Trae has been more efficient than Luka while creating for his team more.

Yes, loss 40 and 41 of the season really got me angry, lmao. You’re as dumb as that Doncic for Ashtrae trade. Enjoy hearing about that one for the rest of your life. :roll:

atljonesbro
01-29-2019, 03:52 PM
[QUOTE=Uncle Drew]Yes, loss 40 and 41 of the season really got me angry, lmao. You

Uncle Drew
01-29-2019, 03:54 PM
With every Doncic bucket the Hawks franchise gets pushed just a little bit closer to Seattle. Won’t be long now before the epitome of mediocre gets relocated. :banana:

hiphopanonymous
01-29-2019, 04:01 PM
Luka is proven - Zion hasn

imdaman99
01-29-2019, 04:02 PM
Since the Knicks have 0 chance of gettin luka, fk that whiny little bad attitude baby.

Let's go Zion :rockon:

ralph_i_el
01-29-2019, 04:12 PM

Lol since December Doncic has been scoring at a much higher volume than Trae, and he gets a lot more free throws (which are usually on shots close to the rim, which otherwise would have contributed to FG%)

Trae is literally the worst defender in the league rn.

stalkerforlife
01-29-2019, 04:16 PM
Since December 1st Trae has been more efficient than Luka while creating for his team more.

Stop trolling. :roll:

Luka murders him on efficiency.

Jasper
01-29-2019, 04:20 PM
Luka is easily the right answer to this question given the information we have right now.

Which is...Luka is already playing at an all-star level and adding wins to a team at age 19 with very few weaknesses in his game.

Given the how much is "unknown" about Zion in the NBA...you simply have to go with Luka right now.

I think Zion is going to be great, but Luka seems like a lock for a 10 year prime of 25/7/5 58% TS....while also having "it"...however you want to define what "it" is
ditto , Zion will need to shoot outside more consistently to be an effective player in the NBA.

atljonesbro
01-29-2019, 04:27 PM
Lol since December Doncic has been scoring at a much higher volume than Trae, and he gets a lot more free throws (which are usually on shots close to the rim, which otherwise would have contributed to FG%)

Trae is literally the worst defender in the league rn.
The point I'm making is Trae Young has rapidly been closing the gap. This variant on Doncic is the year 2 or 3 equivalent of a a normal NBA player who doesn't have 6 years of professional experience before entering the league. I get it, Trae was hype a lot by ESPN and you really wanna feel special by not liking something that's popular, but to deny those facts is just stupidity.

PeroAntic
01-29-2019, 04:35 PM
edit: wrong thread

FireDavidKahn
01-29-2019, 04:55 PM
Luka.

That's not to say Zion isn't a generational product but to win championships in this league you need superstar wing play.

The IQ, craftiness, skill, intangibles, etc that DonThicc has are all off the charts.

FireDavidKahn
01-29-2019, 04:57 PM
last time i checked, the best american black NCAA player ayton is pretty behind Doncic right now.

i doubt Zion is more superior than Ayton at this stage.
How so?

Zion is dominating college in a way that Ayton couldn't dream of.

ralph_i_el
01-29-2019, 11:28 PM
Mavs pick is protected. Watch them win the lotto and get Zion :bowdown:

5 alley-oops a game from Luka. GOAT young pairing.

DMAVS41
01-29-2019, 11:33 PM
Mavs pick is protected. Watch them win the lotto and get Zion :bowdown:

5 alley-oops a game from Luka. GOAT young pairing.

The dream is...

Both

:pimp:

AlternativeAcc.
01-29-2019, 11:43 PM
Both will be top 5 players 3 years from now and will remain top 5 for a decade

at that point you're just splitting hairs and nostril size's

Mask the Embiid
01-29-2019, 11:48 PM
Both will be top 5 players 3 years from now and will remain top 5 for a decade

at that point you're just splitting hairs and nostril size's
and ***** size and vertical leap and 40 yard dash time....dont stop bro keep going :roll: :roll:

break everything down

AlternativeAcc.
01-29-2019, 11:50 PM
and ***** size and vertical leap and 40 yard dash time....dont stop bro keep going :roll: :roll:

break everything down
:roll:

Ca$H
01-29-2019, 11:54 PM
They would actually make a great duo. Mavs should tank.

brooks_thompson
01-30-2019, 06:44 AM
The lottery with the new odds is gonna be very exciting this year. I just hope Cleveland doesn't win it. Or Orlando. Or Phoenix. Of course I'd love for Memphis to win it, but they'd probably try to draft Hasheem Thabeet again despite his ineligibility. Dallas would be my next choice.

imdaman99
01-30-2019, 11:54 AM
The lottery with the new odds is gonna be very exciting this year. I just hope Cleveland doesn't win it. Or Orlando. Or Phoenix. Of course I'd love for Memphis to win it, but they'd probably try to draft Hasheem Thabeet again despite his ineligibility. Dallas would be my next choice.
Fk Dallas, they already got a steal this past draft. And they won a ring 8 years ago. Knicks should win the draft. They are AWFUL and unwatchable right now but guess what? Their games still sell out because the city is thirsty for some ball. It's time for the Knicks to get something good in their existence. They got lucky with Porzingis and got unlucky with him with his injuries... who knows if he's ever injury free. NYC deserves some winning.

G0ATbe
01-30-2019, 12:09 PM
Luka will be one of those guys that never improves after his rookie season. He'll always be an all star, not a superstar.

Zion will be a rich mans LeBron. Bigger, stronger, faster.

wagexslave
01-30-2019, 04:05 PM
Phoenix finna cop Zion and show Luka that 2 BBCs are better than 1 micro PP.

And1AllDay
01-30-2019, 04:37 PM
Zion will be a bust. He will have a few highlight dunks on the break and thats all.

Damn, the next MJ

Uncle Drew
01-30-2019, 07:23 PM
PeroAntic seal of approval is a career killer. I reckon it works both ways. Zion top 10 lock confirmed.

ralph_i_el
01-30-2019, 08:16 PM
Seriously though, these two would be something crazy to watch. Zion is dominating college without guards who get him the ball in good places. I can't imagine how good he would be with a savy distribution.