PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Ingram vs Ben Simmons

superduper
01-31-2019, 02:04 PM
Brandon Ingram in 3 career head-to-heads against Ben Simmons : 28-8-5 on 61 TS% + 1 game-winner

Why is it that the worst player on LeGOAT's team is better than Embiid's second option? By association does this mean that Embiid needs moar halp?

I don't see Ingram getting shut down to the tune of 1pt in the biggest game of his life by a simple halfcourt defense, especially in the second round of the playoffs. Ingram is too good of a player to be given 15 feet of space and embarrassingly being dared to shoot the ball.

Dude gets a lot of shit for no reason, he has a long way to go and has already shown flashes of greatness in multiple facets of the game. Ingram will be a perennial allstar and perhaps a franchise cornerstone.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-31-2019, 02:10 PM
Simmons is a better playmaker, slasher and more consistent at having his skills translate into impact.

BI is more polished on offense and actually a decent defender. The problem is inconsistency. Dude will have a spree of 2-3 great games then mentally check out for a week :oldlol:

I'd go Simmons for now until BI finds a niche for himself.

superduper
01-31-2019, 02:11 PM
Simmons is a better playmaker, slasher and more consistent at having his skills translate into impact.

BI is more polished on offense and is a actually a decent defender. The problem is inconsistency though. Dude will have a spree of 2-3 great games then mentally check out for a week.

Simmons is -55 vs elite teams this season.

And1AllDay
01-31-2019, 02:16 PM
Why is it that the worst player on LeGOAT's team is better than Embiid's second option?

How you gonna make a thread about Brandon Ingram vs Ben Simmons and in the first sentence Brons name came out your mouth. Bruh, you gotta chill with the LeBron love a little bit.

Stick to Brandon Ingram vs Ben Simmons. Stay focused for one damn thread in your life or even one post

superduper
01-31-2019, 02:17 PM
How you gonna make a thread about Brandon Ingram vs Ben Simmons and in the first sentence Brons name came out your mouth. Bruh, you gotta chill with the LeBron love a little bit.

Stick to Brandon Ingram vs Ben Simmons. Stay focused for one damn thread in your life or even one post

So you don't have any input for the topic at hand?

And1AllDay
01-31-2019, 02:19 PM
So you don't have any input for the topic at hand?

I do but first

https://i.postimg.cc/0yrvggmQ/tenor.gif

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-31-2019, 02:20 PM
Simmons is -55 vs elite teams this season.

Simmons' impact overall is still a plus (RPM). Ingram is a net negative...

What I posted kind of reflects that as well.

Manny98
01-31-2019, 02:22 PM

:roll:

superduper
01-31-2019, 02:24 PM
Ingram haters are SHOOK ITT

And1AllDay
01-31-2019, 02:25 PM
Ingram haters are SHOOK ITT

*Ingraham

superduper
01-31-2019, 02:26 PM
*Ingraham

How many 30pt games does Simmons have?

And1AllDay
01-31-2019, 02:29 PM

LeBron James has 110 post season playoff games, good for #1 most of all times

https://i.postimg.cc/05J0MH4g/Most-30pt-games.jpg

OHHH wait, is this thread about LeBron or Ingram or Simmons or what? I don't know anymore... :(

Uncle Drew
01-31-2019, 02:30 PM
Just as many as Ingram. :roll: :roll:

superduper
01-31-2019, 02:31 PM
Just as many as Ingram. :roll: :roll:

Exactly.

Uncle Drew
01-31-2019, 02:33 PM
Exactly.
Then what's the point of this thread when 1pt in the biggest game of his life scorer has just as many 30 point games as too good of a player to be given 15 feet of space?

Real Men Wear Green
01-31-2019, 02:34 PM
Simmons is easily superior. I agree that ther celtics couldn't shut Ingram down to a single point but Simmons is still a guy that you can bear your offense on. Ingram is not. Simmons is a strong All-Star candidate while Ingram has no chance. Ingram does one thing better and we all know what it is. Simmons is superior in every other way. LA would not have failed in James' absence the way that they did if Simmons was there. When Philly lost Embiid for a stretch they didn't fall apart like LA has. And if you want to talk potential they came out of the same draft and Simmons has more room to improve due to owning the worst jumper in modern NBA history.

Mr Exlax
01-31-2019, 02:57 PM
I'd take Simmons 10 times out of 10. I am not one of those folks that will look at just 1 series and disregard the entire body of work. He's gonna have to fix that jumper but I don't expect it to happen in one season. He's highly skilled at so many other things.

fourkicks44
01-31-2019, 05:31 PM
Two really interesting stats from the Philly/LA game.

Simmon took more shots than both Jimmy Butler and Embiid. 9/18.

Ingraham scored 36 points but did not even attempt a three.

:eek:

bigkingsfan
01-31-2019, 05:36 PM
Simmons nine game streak without Embiid last year, next.

3ball
01-31-2019, 06:27 PM

BI is more polished on offense and actually a decent defender. The problem is inconsistency. Dude will have a spree of 2-3 great games then mentally check out for a week :oldlol:

I don't disagree, for now

But ingram has the potential to be a dominant scorer, while BI never will

Ingram will invariably become a defensive rebounder as well - that will also increase his impact

Basically, ingram has way more upside.. his passing and teamwork will also improve and he currently is on a tumultuous team, not an environment conducive for finding one's game.. although I think we're seeing why this guy was highly-touted at North Carolina - his skills are shining through nonetheless

Rico2016
01-31-2019, 10:33 PM
But ingram has the potential to be a dominant scorer, while BI never will

Uh what?

RRR3
01-31-2019, 11:11 PM
Superduperdumb strikes again.

Ingram better than Ben Simmons? :roll: :roll: :roll:

tpols
01-31-2019, 11:19 PM
Uh what?

he's right about that... simmons will never be able to shoot (a lick), and thus be a good scorer. you dont see guys that bad get good. ingram may gain some strength and be able to finish better, and his shot is decent at least.

MrFonzworth
01-31-2019, 11:30 PM
he's right about that... simmons will never be able to shoot (a lick), and thus be a good scorer. you dont see guys that bad get good. ingram may gain some strength and be able to finish better, and his shot is decent at least.
Original statement: Ingram will never be a dominant scorer, but Ingram will.

Tpoals: he's right u know...

3ball
01-31-2019, 11:38 PM
Simmons is easily superior. I agree that ther celtics couldn't shut Ingram down to a single point but Simmons is still a guy that you can bear your offense on. Ingram is not. Simmons is a strong All-Star candidate while Ingram has no chance. Ingram does one thing better and we all know what it is. Simmons is superior in every other way. LA would not have failed in James' absence the way that they did if Simmons was there. When Philly lost Embiid for a stretch they didn't fall apart like LA has. And if you want to talk potential they came out of the same draft and Simmons has more room to improve due to owning the worst jumper in modern NBA history.

Simmons doesn't have more room to improve than ingram

If his jumper turns into Dirk Nowitzki, then yes, he will have more upside.. but the "worst jumper in modern history" is unlikely to improve much at all, and even significant improvement might make it as good as avery Johnson's

Otoh, there's no glaring gaps in Ingram's game that will be a mission to improve to even marginal status like you have with Simmons.. Ingram is more skilled overall, while Simmons is a banger with more forceful athleticism at this stage, who would've done excellently in the 80's as a 4.

Ingram has far more upside in virtually every area, and the raw skill to in all of them to realize that improvement