PDA

View Full Version : Why is Dallas trading a healthy DSJ for a broken Porzingis?

stalkerforlife
01-31-2019, 07:24 PM
DSJ is actually pretty damn solid.

Maybe DSJ is demanding a trade because of Doncic, but I would think Dallas could do better than a player that may never be healthy for long periods of time.

stalkerforlife
01-31-2019, 07:29 PM
I didn't realize THJ was involved.

He could actually be quite helpful.

Looks like Dallas got rid of guys that hated Luka.

kennethgriffen
01-31-2019, 07:33 PM
surprised OP is against team extreme 2.0

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4Gnr0hUcAIqxLz.jpg:large

PP34Deuce
01-31-2019, 07:35 PM
DSJ is actually pretty damn solid.

Maybe DSJ is demanding a trade because of Doncic, but I would think Dallas could do better than a player that may never be healthy for long periods of time.

Dallas got rid DSJ because he needs the ball in a Dion Waiters way to score and be effective. I think ultimately he's a combo guard that needs to be on a team where he can create and have growing pains.

Luka is your PG even if he doesn't start at PG.

RealSkipBayless
01-31-2019, 07:44 PM
They gave up picks, DSJ and cap space for a rental player that might never be the same player. :lol :lol

Spurs m8
01-31-2019, 07:46 PM
Its an awesome trade, I love Zinger and Doncic, Dallas may be my new 2nd fave team

Akrazotile
01-31-2019, 07:47 PM
They gave up picks, DSJ and cap space for a rental player that might never be the same player. :lol :lol

None of that is worth much to the extent the Mavericks have them. And if Zingis does turn into a rental, then they get the cap space right back.

If he comes back healthy and stays with the Mavs, it's a hugely lopsided trade in their favor.

This was a no brainer gamble for the Mavs.

RealSkipBayless
01-31-2019, 07:49 PM
None of that is worth much to the extent the Mavericks have them. And if Zingis does turn into a rental, then they get the cap space right back.

If he comes back healthy and stays with the Mavs, it's a hugely lopsided trade in their favor.

This was a no brainer gamble for the Mavs.
Cap space for who? All the big names will be signed this summer.

bobopenguin
01-31-2019, 07:52 PM
wtf isnt lakers go after prozingis????

90sgoat
01-31-2019, 07:53 PM
Looks like Dallas got rid of guys that hated Luka.

I called this from the very first games.

It was very obvious that DAJ, Wes and DSJ were a "thing", with DSJ being their guy.

DSJ is an ok talent, but won't become a new Westbrook or anything. I see him as Kemba tier at the very best, but could easily end up more of a Monta Ellis tier. He is going to be difficult to build around.

Akrazotile
01-31-2019, 07:55 PM
Cap space for who? All the big names will be signed this summer.

None of them were signing with Dallas this summer regardless.

They're signing with LeHung :pimp: