PDA

View Full Version : Will Porzingis & Doncic Be The Most Exciting Duo In The NBA?

jongib369
02-01-2019, 08:34 AM
"The New York Knicks shocked everybody by pulling the trigger on a deal that sent their young All Star from Latvia Kristaps Porzingis to the Dallas Mavericks alongside Courtney Lee and Tim Hardaway, Jr. Coach Nick went through the footage to see how pairing Luka Doncic and Porzingis might work."

https://youtu.be/EQEi3GBKC7o

https://images.eurohoops.net/2017/10/Doncic-Porzingis-e1508434597456-625x375.jpg

Coach Nick is the king of hyperbole with a statement he made in this video, but nevertheless what's your thoughts fam?

fourkicks44
02-01-2019, 11:16 AM
No Embiid and Simmons will dominate them for many years to come.

Sakkreth
02-01-2019, 11:36 AM

Simmons won't be as good as the other 3, so that's a problem for Philly.

fourkicks44
02-01-2019, 11:38 AM
Simmons won't be as good as the other 3, so that's a problem for Philly.

Simmons defense > Luka jacking threes.

Rico2016
02-01-2019, 11:41 AM

I don't know, I found Curry and Klay or Curry and Durant to be a more exciting duo

fourkicks44
02-01-2019, 11:48 AM
I don't know, I found Curry and Klay or Curry and Durant to be a more exciting duo

Ok man, not going to hate on your or anyone elses fetishes.

Me, personaly .. I like seeing midgets getting stuffed and 7 footers doing windmills...

That's just me.

Some people like to play NBA Jam and pretend they can play as Jordan when they can't and shoot midrange jumpshots.

Each to their own.

Who am I to judge :confusedshrug:

jongib369
02-01-2019, 11:55 AM
I'd love to see them in the finals against each other one day. Fan of both duos, even if I'm shaky on Porzingis. Hopefully he comes back to full form, or even close to it.

Prometheus
02-01-2019, 11:58 AM
Embiid-Simmons

Rico2016
02-01-2019, 11:59 AM
Ok man, not going to hate on your or anyone elses fetishes.

Me, personaly .. I like seeing midgets getting stuffed and 7 footers doing windmills...

That's just me.

Some people like to play NBA Jam and pretend they can play as Jordan when they can't and shoot midrange jumpshots.

Each to their own.

Who am I to judge :confusedshrug:

You don't think Curry and Durant are an exciting duo to watch? They can pull up from anywhere, both have underrated passing, great handles, and the ability to get to the cup.

jongib369
02-01-2019, 12:06 PM
Embiid-Simmons
Probably right about that for now, we'll have to see how Luka progresses and how the unicorn performs. What do you think of Luka being the better pairing for Embiid? I've seen people assert that, I'm kinda on the fence about it.

Akeem34TheDream
02-01-2019, 12:49 PM
They should get Jokic too.

FireDavidKahn
02-01-2019, 12:58 PM
Assuming Porz is healthy, yes.

The pick and roll between Porz and Luka will be the most unstoppable play in the entire league.

Mask the Embiid
02-01-2019, 01:19 PM
Will Porzingis & Doncic Be The Most Exciting Duo In The NBA?

https://media.giphy.com/media/l3E6uhDAN3W7vylji/giphy.gif

FKAri
02-01-2019, 01:56 PM
Simmons is one of the worst basketball players I've ever seen.
EDIT - Love Embiid tho. Get him some damn help and ship Bimmons back to Oz.

ImKobe
02-01-2019, 02:01 PM

This. You don't want to see him with the ball with the game on the line.

Luka & Zinger on the other hand :bowdown:

Prometheus
02-01-2019, 02:56 PM
EDIT - Love Embiid tho. Get him some damn help and ship Bimmons back to Oz.

Yeah you must be an idiot or something.

Bad fit with Embiid, maybe. Generally bad player? Eat a d*ck.

BarberSchool
02-01-2019, 08:48 PM
The pick and roll between Porz and Luka will be the most unstoppable play in the entire league.Carlisle had the Terry/Nowitzki PNR polsihed so well, with all eventual;ities in fine forms, super high efficiedncy and low turnovers from both players .... it was described by the NBA's best defensive coach in the league at the time (Thibbs) as the most difficult play to defend in the entire league.

Imagine being a Danny Green type player on the 2019 Mavs weakside wing, while a Luka/Prozingus PNR is evolving on the strong side.....

It's like you can smugly feel your defender hating his chances of either helping strong side or recovering to you :roll:

I'd be talking hella yang to my defender in these scenarios while camped out spotting up weak side to get in his head without moving a muscle.