PDA

View Full Version : Gobert crying about not making the All-Star game..

NuggetsFan
02-01-2019, 04:57 PM
This is a brutal look, no? :lol

https://twitter.com/tribjazz/status/1091403388741246976

raprap
02-01-2019, 05:02 PM
Draymond and Iggy clowning him on twitter

:cry:

ShawkFactory
02-01-2019, 05:04 PM
Meh, the French are generally more emotional.

talkingconch
02-01-2019, 05:05 PM
anyone whos played a sport (probably not alot of people on this board) know that putting in work and receiving no reward is awful

probably shouldnt of got that emotional tho

loadingthelife
02-01-2019, 05:06 PM

I wonder if Draymond also cried to the phone during talk with KD after 2016 finals.

raprap
02-01-2019, 05:08 PM
I wonder if Draymond also cried to the phone during talk with KD after 2016 finals.
Lmao he definitely did. Dude

Hey Yo
02-01-2019, 05:09 PM
anyone whos played a sport (probably not alot of people on this board) know that putting in work and receiving no reward is awful

His reward is probably stated in his contract for certain amount of cash he would receive for making the All-Star game and or named to an All-NBA team

NuggetsFan
02-01-2019, 05:10 PM

I mean it's the All-Star game. Were not talking about a playoff win or loss, a championship etc. which would make sense.

I get feeling bitter, wanting to prove people wrong, saying you were snubbed like guys have in the past. Crying tho? Your mom calling you crying? I think it's more a bad look in terms of how badly you want the individual accomplishment rather than the actual crying.

Xiao Yao You
02-01-2019, 05:15 PM

Besides the million dollar bonus he won't get

NuggetsFan
02-01-2019, 05:19 PM
Besides the million dollar bonus he won't get

I mean that sucks for sure but it's pretty clearly not about the money if you watch the interview. Doubt his mom is calling him crying because he lost out on his bonus.

Just think it's interesting to see a guy care that much about the All-Star game. We've seen guys get bitter, angry, want to prove people wrong. I believe Lillard use to get pretty salty. We've saw Chris Bosh do a campaign and post videos that year. Someone flat out crying and caring that much tho? Were in the middle of the season, the West is super packed, just feels like there's bigger fish to fry right now.

Has to be the biggest reaction to missing out on the All-Star game right?

imdaman99
02-01-2019, 05:20 PM
Damn, I feel so bad for the millionaire who won't get himself another million dollar bonus :rolleyes:

Mask the Embiid
02-01-2019, 05:28 PM
Beta Males.....Cringe

Embiid would never do this :oldlol: hell even jokic

Xiao Yao You
02-01-2019, 05:42 PM
I mean that sucks for sure but it's pretty clearly not about the money if you watch the interview. Doubt his mom is calling him crying because he lost out on his bonus.

Just think it's interesting to see a guy care that much about the All-Star game. We've seen guys get bitter, angry, want to prove people wrong. I believe Lillard use to get pretty salty. We've saw Chris Bosh do a campaign and post videos that year. Someone flat out crying and caring that much tho? Were in the middle of the season, the West is super packed, just feels like there's bigger fish to fry right now.

Has to be the biggest reaction to missing out on the All-Star game right?

He'll be frying bigger fish starting tonight. He plays with a chip on his shoulder. He wears his number because of where he was picked. Teams will pay!:cheers:

superduper
02-01-2019, 05:44 PM
Beta Males.....Cringe

Embiid would never do this :oldlol: hell even jokic

Jokic one of the most alpha niccas in the league lol what you mean even Jokic

NuggetsFan
02-01-2019, 05:46 PM
He'll be frying bigger fish starting tonight. He plays with a chip on his shoulder. He wears his number because of where he was picked. Teams will pay!:cheers:

Oh I have no doubt. Gobert is a beast. He's having an All-Star caliber season, and had he made it over KAT I would have had zero complaints. I can see him being salty just thought it was a weird look to go that far. Jazz are rolling right now and I believe your SOS is super easy the rest of the season.

FKAri
02-01-2019, 05:59 PM
Great player but oo one wants to watch him play tbh. Imagine charging people money to watch Rudy fking Gobert play basketball? :oldlol:

wally_world
02-01-2019, 06:19 PM
Go prove it on the court for the rest of the season

FreezingTsmoove
02-01-2019, 06:22 PM
Why is Towns in the game instead of Gobert?

Xiao Yao You
02-01-2019, 06:22 PM
Great player but oo one wants to watch him play tbh. Imagine charging people money to watch Rudy fking Gobert play basketball? :oldlol:

He's great to watch! :bowdown:

RoseCity07
02-01-2019, 08:52 PM
He really does deserve to be in the all-star game. His numbers are very good.

stalkerforlife
02-01-2019, 09:52 PM
He was robbed.

There's no damn way Klay or Westbrook deserves it over him or Luka.

bison
02-01-2019, 10:51 PM
Gobert is a real basketball fan. I like him now.

-yDk gang

SpaceJam
02-01-2019, 10:56 PM
It's just hilarious league-wide everyone was praising Love and DeRozan for coming out with their mental health issues and what not, and than turn around and clown a dude for showing emotion

keep-itreal
02-01-2019, 11:02 PM
can he do anything besides dunking the basketball? Maybe if he worked on his game he would get in:confusedshrug:

stalkerforlife
02-01-2019, 11:15 PM
can he do anything besides dunking the basketball? Maybe if he worked on his game he would get in:confusedshrug:

In a league where defense is nearly illegal, he still manages to be a defensive juggernaut.

There's more to the game than carry crossovers and spamming threes.

FireDavidKahn
02-01-2019, 11:30 PM
In a league where defense is nearly illegal, he still manages to be a defensive juggernaut.

There's more to the game than carry crossovers and spamming threes.
The all-star game outlaws defense.

highwhey
02-01-2019, 11:38 PM
fvck draymond and iggy for making fun of dude. draymond was crying like a lil bitch begging to KD to come help him.

at least Gobert cried bc of what it meant to his mother, a real man cares about his family. draymond is a donky.

warriorfan
02-02-2019, 12:03 AM
It was a little much for Gobert to be crying, not a good look but at least he cares. We will have to see if he uses this to put in more work and keep improving. Dray and Iguodalas shit was pretty weak. Makes them look butthurt especially since both of them are going through career struggles right now.

Xiao Yao You
02-02-2019, 12:08 AM

obviously haven't watched him much

sbw19
02-02-2019, 12:23 AM
Lillard cries about not making the all-star game all the time, and there's nothing wrong with him. :confusedshrug:

Spurs m8
02-02-2019, 12:35 AM
Honestly, he shouldn't take it so badly...it's a popularity contest, it's not based on skill....

On top of that, NBA fans are the dumbest fans of any sport, and he's in a smaller market..and all star weekend is actual trash...don't worry big French fella,you're better than all star weekend

Xiao Yao You
02-02-2019, 12:38 AM
Honestly, he shouldn't take it so badly...it's a popularity contest, it's not based on skill....

On top of that, NBA fans are the dumbest fans of any sport, and he's in a smaller market..and all star weekend is actual trash...don't worry big French fella,you're better than all star weekend

yeah he's all NBA :cheers:

Spurs m8
02-02-2019, 12:42 AM
yeah he's all NBA :cheers:

Much better accolade :cheers:

tpols
02-02-2019, 02:27 AM
obviously haven't watched him much

apparently the only player with a better winshare than gobert is james harden... who cheats for it.. so rudy may be the best player in the league. :eek:

BigShotBob
02-02-2019, 02:53 AM
He's french so these things mean a lot to him.

hold this L
02-02-2019, 03:28 AM
He deserved it if we're being honest. Defense getting less and less respect every single year in the NBA.

Xiao Yao You
02-02-2019, 09:41 AM
apparently the only player with a better winshare than gobert is james harden... who cheats for it.. so rudy may be the best player in the league. :eek:

He's certainly one of the most impactful. Jazz suck without him. Have for more than 4 years

kennethgriffen
02-02-2019, 09:55 AM
i don't think KAT deserved the spot over Gobert if doncic didn't get in cause of his team record

they should keep it more consistent

Xiao Yao You
02-02-2019, 10:24 AM
Rookies don't usually make it but yeah they talk about winning matters but than guys like Towns and Cousins are picked

k0kakw0rld
02-02-2019, 01:58 PM
Punk ass, bitchmade muthafuka

FireDavidKahn
02-02-2019, 02:05 PM

But fans only count for 50% of the vote.

Media and other NBA players count for the other 50%.

Rico2016
02-02-2019, 02:11 PM

Wow buncha punks

sammichoffate
02-02-2019, 02:15 PM
i don't think KAT deserved the spot over Gobert if doncic didn't get in cause of his team record

they should keep it more consistentKlay didn't deserve it over Gobert or Tobias Harris

FireDavidKahn
02-02-2019, 02:22 PM

they should keep it more consistent
KAT's a tricky one. On one hand the team is 25-26 but when you look deeper...We are 20-13 (50 win pace) when KAT gets a double double and 5-13 (23 win pace) when he doesn't...and a double double isn't some weird mark like if player A gets 22 points and 16 rebounds we win 100% of the time.

Hard to really call that empty stats.

The talent that has surrounded KAT throughout his career has been vastly overrated and only after the Butler trade did we really bolster the depth on this team which has helped tremendously.