PDA

View Full Version : Pelicans want all the young players, the vets, AND NOW 4 1ST ROUND PICKS

Bosnian Sajo
02-05-2019, 08:24 AM
Magic I swear to god.....walk the **** away man.

lilteapot
02-05-2019, 08:27 AM
You ever see him tweet?

He's gonna do it.

zeerghit
02-05-2019, 08:28 AM
pelican smoking too much.. its like they think davis are rookie jordan or shaq

Haymaker
02-05-2019, 08:29 AM
Pels just don't want to do AD any favors. They're rather trading him to the east.

Foster5k
02-05-2019, 08:42 AM
**** the Pelicans. Sorry excuse for a franchise. These bozos asking wayyyyyy too much for AD. Hope they never win a championship.

34-24 Footwork
02-05-2019, 08:47 AM
Pels just don't want to do AD any favors. They're rather trading him to the east.

100000% this.

If this trade happens, Magic will look like a fvcking idiot and the Lakers will be in SHAMBLES both in the present and future.

Phenith
02-05-2019, 08:50 AM
Well the vets are there to make salaries work and Magic likely figures all those first round picks won't be in the lottery, so I can see them gutting their team and their future for low seeded playoff appearances for the next few years...

Foster5k
02-05-2019, 08:50 AM
Pelicans over playing their hand with AD. They're willing to cut off their nose to spite their face. This isn't business anymore. It's personal. No wonder they can't win shit :oldlol:

zeerghit
02-05-2019, 08:52 AM
whats demps beef with lakers? wasnt he who traded paul to lakers?

BigTicket
02-05-2019, 08:57 AM
I think the Pelicans are just trying to **** with the Lakers at this point. They probably think Lebron/Rick Paul convinced AD to leave, so now the last thing they want is to trade him to the Lakers, unless they can seriously hurt the Lakers in return.

Foster5k
02-05-2019, 08:59 AM
As I said **** the Pelicans.

These fools want ALL the Lakers young players + 4 1st round picks + 2nd round picks. WTFF!!

If I'm Magic, I'm saying go **** yourselves.

34-24 Footwork
02-05-2019, 09:01 AM
As I said **** the Pelicans.

These fools want ALL the Lakers young players + 4 1st round picks + 2nd round picks. WTFF!!

If I'm Magic, I'm saying go **** yourselves.

The problem is that there's NO EVIDENCE that any superstar or all-star will come and voluntarily play with Lebron this offseason outside of AD.

Players legit keeping their distance.

brooks_thompson
02-05-2019, 09:02 AM
I told ya this would be their counter when LA came to the table with that insulting offer.

34-24 Footwork
02-05-2019, 09:04 AM
It's been a downward spiral since we signed this control freak. Magic's delusional arse thought that announcing Lebron's signing with the Lakers was a chess move. In reality, it made players look the other direction.

The only other decent Klutch players I believe are dudes like Kemba Walker and Bledsoe.

RoseCity07
02-05-2019, 09:08 AM
First round Laker picks won't be that valuable for the next few years if they get AD. The Pelicans need a valuable young player but they need to still be bad enough to get a top 5 pick.

34-24 Footwork
02-05-2019, 09:08 AM
At this point, I don't mind Ball, Kuzma, Randle, and Ingram reuniting on the Pelicans. Get these dudes the fvck outta this mess and save their careers before the media REALLY starts to sh1t on them.

Foster5k
02-05-2019, 09:12 AM
The problem is that there's NO EVIDENCE that any superstar or all-star will come and voluntarily play with Lebron this offseason outside of AD.

Right now, if I'm Magic, I'm telling the Pelicans to **** themselves. Next, I'm going to Lebron and telling him to do and say whatever it takes to get either Kawhi, Kyrie, KD, Klay, or a combination of two of those players to join the Lakers. That's their only play at this point imo. The Pelicans basically telling the Lakers we're not trading you guys AD. If you're stupid enough to give us EVERYTHING, then fine you can have him. It's a lose/lose situation, with the AD trade, for the Lakers.

Doranku
02-05-2019, 09:16 AM
AD is a low impact, stat stuffing loser honestly. No way in hell is he worth all this. LeBron and AD aren't going to win you a championship.

34-24 Footwork
02-05-2019, 09:19 AM
telling him to do and say whatever it takes to get either Kawhi, Kyrie, KD, Klay, or a combination of two of those players to join the Lakers.

This sh1t isn't happening. What the fvck is wrong with our fanbase???

Kawhi doesn't wanna play with him

Kyrie OPENLY threatened surgery to avoid playing with him

Klay enjoys beating him too much and continuously sh1ts on Lebron in the media

It's gotta be a trade. All-star Free agents ain't voluntarily coming to play with this dude

Nash
02-05-2019, 09:23 AM
Don't do it, AD will still have Rich Paul a year from now and Lebron will still be playing for the Lakers, and this time with another free agent star. I don't see there being a place for AD where he will commit.

They can get AD for 10 cents on the dollar at next years trade line.

If AD keeps insisting on not signing for Boston, then they will NOT offer Tatum for a rental and NOLA gets nothing.

coin24
02-05-2019, 09:26 AM
AD is a low impact, stat stuffing loser honestly. No way in hell is he worth all this. LeBron and AD aren't going to win you a championship.

He's really not worth every asset the lakers have.. its become a joke.

Kuz and Ingram will flourish in New Orleans, I bet they can't wait to get the fk away from bran and LESpn slurping assholes..

Ben Simmons 25
02-05-2019, 09:27 AM
Kuzma, Ingram, Ball, Zubac, two Lakers 1st round picks, a future unspecified 1st round pick and two unspecified 2nd round picks for AD and that’s it.

No salary fillers included. You do that, and we have a deal. Any more than that is robbery.

AD is a great player but he is not a proven 20 win impact player so it would be silly to treat him as such in any trade with anyone.

That is the absolute max offer I’d be willing to do as LA.

zeerghit
02-05-2019, 09:31 AM
[QUOTE=Ben Simmons 25][B]Kuzma, Ingram, Ball, Zubac, two Lakers 1st round picks, a future unspecified 1st round pick and two unspecified 2nd round picks for AD and that

Ben Simmons 25
02-05-2019, 09:35 AM
its f*cking overpay
ingram+kuzma+zubac +1st is more than enough

It’s only overpay if one of those four guys blow up.

If they just become bench players or a fourth option at best, it is robbery by the Lakers.

I personally think at least one of the four will develop into a star but it’s not a guarantee. Hindsight is a bitch.

34-24 Footwork
02-05-2019, 09:35 AM
Think about this sh1t....

We're about to sell the ENTIRE FARM for another injury prone, expensive dude, who hasn't proved anything, that will camp out on the perimeter and shoot long distance shots like Love/Bosh.

If this sh1t goes thru, Lakers STILL get their cheeks mercilessly POUNDED in the first round by Denver/Warriors/OKC

We aren't getting KD, Kyrie, or Klay.

KD and Kyie going to NY

Klay would rather play for the Clippers than play with (or for) Lebron for the Lakers

Draz
02-05-2019, 09:36 AM
That's too much.

Foster5k
02-05-2019, 09:38 AM
This sh1t isn't happening. What the fvck is wrong with our fanbase???

Kawhi doesn't wanna play with him

Kyrie OPENLY threatened surgery to avoid playing with him

Klay enjoys beating him too much and continuously sh1ts on Lebron in the media

It's gotta be a trade. All-star Free agents ain't voluntarily coming to play with this dude

Kawhi wants to go to L.A. I doubt he will pick the Clippers over the Lakers. That's pretty much a coin flip though. Anything can happen there. I don't think he has anything against Lebron imo. I think if Lebron recruited him and said the right things, Kawhi would pick the Lakers.

Kyrie called Lebron and apologized for all that shit. They're cool now. He also said he doesn't owe anyone shit. I can see him saying **** Boston and joining Lebron in L.A.

Klay.. anything can happen. Warriors will obviously pay whatever to keep him, but who knows. My guess is that he stays with the Warrirors but if not I could see him joining the Lakers. It's a long shot but he's never said he doesn't like Lebron or wouldn't like playing with him.

KD... we all know Lebron and KD are cool. They work out together in the off-season. If KD wants to compete against Golden State and win championships, his best bet is joining the Lakers with Lebron.

There, of course, are other guys out there like Kemba and Butler.

So, I'm just saying that the Lakers have options. Pelicans acting like the Lakers only option is AD or bust. If I'm Magic, I'm done with this AD trade and looking towards the future.

chocolatethunder
02-05-2019, 09:41 AM
LOL cannot wait for Rich Paul to get his way and have Davis shipped to LAL for all of their assets. Then hopefully LeGM will force a Melo signing. LBJ's tenure in LA will be a shitshow

34-24 Footwork
02-05-2019, 09:41 AM
Kawhi wants to go to L.A. I doubt he will pick the Clippers over the Lakers. That's pretty much a coin flip though. Anything can happen there. I don't think he has anything against Lebron imo. I think if Lebron recruited him and said the right things, Kawhi would pick the Lakers.

Kyrie called Lebron and apologized for all that shit. They're cool now. He also said he doesn't owe any shit. I can see him saying **** Boston and joining Lebron in L.A.

Klay.. anything can happen. Warriors will obviously pay whatever to keep him, but who knows. My guess is that he stays with the Warrirors but if not I could see him joining the Lakers. It's a long shot but he's never said he doesn't like Lebron or wouldn't like playing with him.

KD... we all know Lebron and KD are cool. They work out together in the off-season. If KD wants to compete against Golden State and win championships, his best bet is joining the Lakers with Lebron.

There, of course, are other guys out there like Kemba and Butler.

So, I'm just saying that the Lakers have options. Pelicans acting like the Lakers only option is AD or bust. If I'm Magic, I'm done with this AD trade and looking towards the future.

...you gonna be hurtin in the summer, dawg. Reality will strike...

I'm sending you my condolences early...

34-24 Footwork
02-05-2019, 09:45 AM
LOL cannot wait for Rich Paul to get his way and have Davis shipped to LAL for all of their assets. Then hopefully LeGM will force a Melo signing. LBJ's tenure in LA will be a shitshow

Hell yeah! Replace Luke with Gentry, bring in a few old spot up shooters like Jared Dudley who are on their way out of the league. Bring back Melo.

And our fanbase will complain about "how old our roster is" in May while we're getting our skulls cracked by the young Nuggets.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3owyoYjmvDijECcQTu/giphy.gif

PJR
02-05-2019, 09:47 AM

34-24 Footwork
02-05-2019, 09:51 AM
Lol @ this "generational talent" sh1t. What has he proven to be a "generational talent"???

Dude is another injury away from a 4 month DNP list.

But yeah. Gonna be fun.

Lebron and AD gonna play 48 minutes a piece just to compete :applause:

Foster5k
02-05-2019, 09:52 AM
[QUOTE=PJR]

34-24 Footwork
02-05-2019, 09:55 AM
The media sh1tting on these young dudes on and off throughout the season thus far hasn't helped increase their value either :oldlol:

Media acting like they have NOTHING to do with this and trying to absolve all blame for the fvckery.

Foster5k
02-05-2019, 10:01 AM
Lakers basically selling their ENTIRE future for AD. I know they're in win now mode but damn. What happens if they don't land another star? They're still not going to beat the Warriors with just Lebron + AD. AD IS NOT THAT GOOD!!!!!

Pelicans acting like this dude on Jordan level. AD is good but the Lakers will still need another star + good role players to beat the Warriors.

coin24
02-05-2019, 10:04 AM
The lakers would be so much better going forward by trading bran for ad:lol

Foster5k
02-05-2019, 10:05 AM
The lakers would be so much better going forward by trading bran for ad:lol
Lakers not worried about going forward. They're in win now mode. Also, the way the Pelicans are acting, they would ask for Lebron + 2 1st round picks + salary cap relief :oldlol:

coin24
02-05-2019, 10:22 AM
Lakers not worried about going forward. They're in win now mode. Also, the way the Pelicans are acting, they would ask for Lebron + 2 1st round picks + salary cap relief :oldlol:

Win now mode?:roll: :roll:

We're not even in the playoffs now :lol :facepalm

Foster5k
02-05-2019, 10:23 AM

If they're not in win now mode, why they even considering giving up EVERYTHING for AD. :oldlol:

FireDavidKahn
02-05-2019, 11:24 AM
People actually believe this stuff:oldlol:

FireDavidKahn
02-05-2019, 11:25 AM

They are with LeBron.

tpols
02-05-2019, 11:31 AM
You guys should just settle on a brad beal trade... Hes been all NBA this year and would be an ideal fit for lebron.

raprap
02-05-2019, 11:32 AM
Now this is absurb.

And probably another smoke screen by the Pelicans :oldlol:

PP34Deuce
02-05-2019, 11:47 AM
This is what I think the Lakers should do in the short term for their future.

Keep your young assets and play hard
Lower Lebron's minutes to 32-33 a night
Keep developing Zubac, Wagner
Take this whole season as an audition and keep your picks.
Keep Luke Walton. When guys like Rondo are saying good things about you, I can't fault him.

Pelicans don't want to trade him to LA because of Rich Paul and Lebron in his ear.

Magic and Pelinka along with maybe Kobe need to check Lebron right now. You don't have the leverage you did at 30.

If I'm a budding star, I'm paying attention to Lebron's injuries and control. He's not the best player on the planet anymore. He's still top 5 though.

I'm a big fan of Lebron's game and off court style, but I also think this is toxic to completely gut a roster when these guys albeit inconsistent, can play basketball. They aren't the Cavs. These guys are athletic, can score, and work hard.

That Lebron contract was going to be high regardless. His 45M player option at the end of his career, he will most likely take. You deal with it but you need to maximize 2 years of his playing right now.

Foster5k
02-05-2019, 12:04 PM
This is what I think the Lakers should do in the short term for their future.

Keep your young assets and play hard
Lower Lebron's minutes to 32-33 a night
Keep developing Zubac, Wagner
Take this whole season as an audition and keep your picks.
Keep Luke Walton. When guys like Rondo are saying good things about you, I can't fault him.

Pelicans don't want to trade him to LA because of Rich Paul and Lebron in his ear.

Magic and Pelinka along with maybe Kobe need to check Lebron right now. You don't have the leverage you did at 30.

If I'm a budding star, I'm paying attention to Lebron's injuries and control. He's not the best player on the planet anymore. He's still top 5 though.

I'm a big fan of Lebron's game and off court style, but I also think this is toxic to completely gut a roster when these guys albeit inconsistent, can play basketball. They aren't the Cavs. These guys are athletic, can score, and work hard.

That Lebron contract was going to be high regardless. His 45M player option at the end of his career, he will most likely take. You deal with it but you need to maximize 2 years of his playing right now.
The Lakers going to do the deal. Right now, they're blinded by the lure of a championship or multiple championships with Lebron + AD. They're betting the house on two top players to deliver. The worst possible conclusion for the Lakers is not winning a championship and now you have no future due to giving up everything for AD. At this point, they don't care. They want to win now at all cost.

Real14
02-05-2019, 12:21 PM
:roll:

PickernRoller
02-05-2019, 12:26 PM
You guys should just settle on a brad beal trade... Hes been all NBA this year and would be an ideal fit for lebron.

You ain't repping Lakers no more?

As you all know.... fvck Magic. I've been saying this non-stop, hec even before he signed Bran.

Hurts to be right in this case.

PP34Deuce
02-05-2019, 12:31 PM
People talk about Magic but forget that Pelinka is the one doing deals. Magic is quiet right now because of tampering in the past. Pelinka was a great agent so I don't think you see him caving to New Orleans demands.

If a deal gets made, I'd imagine they give 2 firsts and the young guys but refuse to take a bad contract.

The bad contract is the poison pill. LA can still get a potential 3rd star if that's their plan but not with a bad contract.

Foster5k
02-05-2019, 12:34 PM
The Pelicans want the MAX! Anything that the Lakers have besides Lebron is on the table. That includes any and all young players, every draft pick from the 1st and 2nd round, and any and all salary relief.

What do the Lakers get in return? AD.

That's basically everything your franchise has for one player who is somewhat injury prone(he's missed more games per season than the average All-Star). He's a top 5 player when healthy but does Lebron + AD = championships? They better hope so. :oldlol:

r15mohd
02-05-2019, 02:03 PM

if there was evidence, you'd be crying about tampering/collusion :rolleyes:

aj1987
02-05-2019, 02:33 PM
if there was evidence, you'd be crying about tampering/collusion :rolleyes:
:roll: :roll:

Dude is a grade a moron.

jstern
02-05-2019, 02:39 PM
I think the Pelicans are just trying to **** with the Lakers at this point. They probably think Lebron/Rick Paul convinced AD to leave, so now the last thing they want is to trade him to the Lakers, unless they can seriously hurt the Lakers in return.

I don't understand why some people can't even consider this, much less understand it.