PDA

View Full Version : Lakers pulling out

highwhey
02-05-2019, 03:36 PM
https://twitter.com/BA_Turner/status/1092868266475831297

Lakers pull out of Anthony Davis trade talks amid 'outrageous' requests by Pelicans

Dray n Klay
02-05-2019, 03:37 PM
Only if stalker's dad did the same...

Nash
02-05-2019, 03:37 PM
Lol they literally offered them EVERYTHING. Even Hart and Kuzma.

Best thing they could have ever done.

DMAVS41
02-05-2019, 03:40 PM
Lakers should go after Beal.

highwhey
02-05-2019, 03:40 PM
yeah, Magic is wise to walk away. pelicans are beyond stupid.

Ben Simmons 25
02-05-2019, 03:43 PM
Correct move from the Lakers.

Now New Orleans can get a worse deal elsewhere because of pride and spite... and when your front office is that inept and emotional, is it any wonder you would demand a trade? Lol.

RealSkipBayless
02-05-2019, 03:43 PM
Gonna be funny in the summer when Kyrie leaves and the Boston offer that they are waiting for doesn't include Tatum and is much lower.

The Lakers deal involving 4 young players + picks + taking away a bad contract is the best offer they are going to get. Magic isn't dumb, that offer that everyone says will still be there in the summer won't be. It will be lower as well.

Looks like Pop and company just convinced the Pelicans into being idiots. :applause:

ArbitraryWater
02-05-2019, 03:44 PM
good move

NO is dumb

highwhey
02-05-2019, 03:46 PM
Lakers should go after Beal.
doesn't seem like wizards want to part with him tho.

Foster5k
02-05-2019, 03:51 PM
Best move possible for the Lakers. Pelicans were tripping, tripping. AD not worth EVERYTHING that the Lakers have. Lakers have other options and Magic has a plan B anyhow. The Pelicans screwed themselves out of spite and will regret it in the future. Good luck getting a better deal from Boston or Lakers in the future. :oldlol:

AirTupac
02-05-2019, 03:51 PM
In this story: Monday night the Lakers changed the players in their offer to Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart, Ivica Zubac and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope. But Lakers weren

Trollsmasher
02-05-2019, 03:52 PM
seems like Magic has learned a thing or two:applause:

their offers got completely retarded

BANE?
02-05-2019, 03:52 PM
Lol, Pelicans are gonna get ****ed by Ainge in the summer. Lakers were basically willing to give up their entire team and they still didn

FireDavidKahn
02-05-2019, 03:54 PM
NO just trolling now:roll:

https://twitter.com/PelicansNBA/status/1092872227685568513

99% sure this is about LaVar

AirBonner
02-05-2019, 03:55 PM
Lakers taking an L
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Spurs m8
02-05-2019, 03:57 PM
hahahaah Laker fans on suicide watch

WHEREZ MA HELP?

Patrick Chewing
02-05-2019, 03:58 PM
Knicks and Celtics now in the drivers seat.

Phenith
02-05-2019, 03:59 PM
This is from the latimes article from the twitter post...

The Lakers had agreed to send their entire young core of Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart and Ivica Zubac to the Pelicans, as well as veteran guard Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, the people said.

The Lakers were also willing to also send the Pelicans two first-round draft picks.

And the Lakers were willing to give the Pelicans the salary-cap relief they wanted by taking back Solomon Hill, who has another year left on his deal after this season for $12.7 million.

Honestly, NO is being horribly short sighted, the deal they CAN get is unbelievably good for a guy who is publicly stating his desire to move on to a limited number of teams.
While I don't agree with him handcuffing the team publicly, to get ALL of the Lakers young players, plus 2 firsts for him would be an amazing haul to rebuild off. If Boston isn't promising Tatum, NO should be taking this crazy offer from the Lakers and running.

pegasus
Lebron must be on suicide watch. I can see him sit out the rest of the year, but he probably cares too much about career totals to do that.

game3524
I hope NY wins the number one pick now, just **** with Ainge.

Boston doesn't deserve ****.

FireDavidKahn
02-05-2019, 04:00 PM
Knicks and Celtics now in the drivers seat.
Not necessarily. Davis is still under contract through next year and then has a player option for 20-21.

If the Pelicans really wanted to they can just hold onto him until the trade deadline next year.

He wont be a FA this upcoming season.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/new-orleans-pelicans/anthony-davis-10809/

loadingthelife
02-05-2019, 04:04 PM
[QUOTE=AirTupac]In this story: Monday night the Lakers changed the players in their offer to Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart, Ivica Zubac and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope. But Lakers weren

pastis
02-05-2019, 04:05 PM

Honestly, NO is being horribly short sighted, the deal they CAN get is unbelievably good for a guy who is publicly stating his desire to move on to a limited number of teams.
While I don't agree with him handcuffing the team publicly, to get ALL of the Lakers young players, plus 2 firsts for him would be an amazing haul to rebuild off. If Boston isn't promising Tatum, NO should be taking this crazy offer from the Lakers and running.

why? ingram and kuzma are overrated chuckers. The rest is super trash. so trash and super trash for AD? AD has 3 more years left on his contract

bullettooth
02-05-2019, 04:09 PM
Lakers deserve this. Every team that's dealt with them has gotten hosed. About time the Lakers got the finger from other teams.

Have fun with LeUnderachiever, suckaz.

RealSkipBayless
02-05-2019, 04:10 PM

I mean its the dream offer. Kuzma is a star in the making and would cheap for 2 years.. They would also have time to evaluate Ingram and Ball while they are on smaller contracts as well. They could develop well especially under anyone else but Walton.. Also get Zubac's rights who is also very promising. On top of that you get a terrible contract off the books AND picks?

The pelicans are insane. If this is all just to be petty and not send Davis where he wants to go... lmao :facepalm

bluechox2
02-05-2019, 04:12 PM
I hope NY wins the number one pick now, just **** with Ainge.

Boston doesn't deserve ****.

no i wish boston trades a boat load and davis still leaves....

game3524
02-05-2019, 04:14 PM
no i wish boston trades a boat load and davis still leaves....

That would be good too.

Foster5k
02-05-2019, 04:16 PM
Lakers deserve this. Every team that's dealt with them has gotten hosed. About time the Lakers got the finger from other teams.

Have fun with LeUnderachiever, suckaz.
This is the thinking that's in the Pelican's front office. It's also the thinking that they will regret in the future. The Lakers were willing to give the Pelicans all their valuable assets. By refusing, for personal reasons and not business reasons, the Pelicans has screwed their own future for the foreseeable future.

oh the horror
02-05-2019, 04:18 PM
hahahaah Laker fans on suicide watch

WHEREZ MA HELP?

I know you

Doranku
02-05-2019, 04:18 PM
The Pelicans turned down:

Ball
Kuzma
Ingram
Hart
Zubac
KCP
2 first round picks

And the Lakers were gonna take Hill's contract. Thank GOD they said no. I can't believe the Lakers would even offer that.

kennethgriffen
02-05-2019, 04:20 PM
The Pelicans turned down:

Ball
Kuzma
Ingram
Hart
Zubac
KCP
2 first round picks

And the Lakers were gonna take Hill's contract. Thank GOD they said no. I can't believe the Lakers would even offer that.

well to be fair neither AD or all those players combined equals a playoff spot so why not wait for a deal from a team that has proven young guys like boston has

oh the horror
02-05-2019, 04:22 PM
I mean its the dream offer. Kuzma is a star in the making and would cheap for 2 years.. They would also have time to evaluate Ingram and Ball while they are on smaller contracts as well. They could develop well especially under anyone else but Walton.. Also get Zubac's rights who is also very promising. On top of that you get a terrible contract off the books AND picks?

The pelicans are insane. If this is all just to be petty and not send Davis where he wants to go... lmao :facepalm

Lakers have been more than generous here.

At least no one can say Magic and Rob didn

BallsOut
02-05-2019, 04:26 PM
[QUOTE=oh the horror]Lakers have been more than generous here.

At least no one can say Magic and Rob didn

AirTupac
02-05-2019, 04:26 PM
Dell Demps will lose his job when he gets a much worse offer over the summer from every team :oldlol:

Overall happy we didnt go through with it. Too much for AD imo.

highwhey
02-05-2019, 04:27 PM
watch pelicans end up with rozier, smart and a 1st https://i.postimg.cc/3NKmm9xf/mjlol.png

PickernRoller
We can say that Magic and Rob are retards for even offering that package for AD.

This.

LAmbruh
Lakers dodged a major bullet

No point on panicking and firesale entire half decade of picks for a career loser who'll turn out to be a 3rd option 15/10 guy on a tender. Besides, were getting pennies on the dollar in years time anyways

LBJ's instant impact and team success acceleration blindly turn front offices from 'build' mindset into 'oh wow were a contender, I guess it's win now mode'

None of these Lakers players have asset value unless their attached to multiple 1st's. Not for Klove 2.0, no way

oh the horror
We can say that Magic and Rob are retards for even offering that package for AD.

The minute I saw that offer I was horrified.

I mean I knew it would take emptying some of our assets to get it done, but they offered everything we had.

RealSkipBayless
02-05-2019, 04:28 PM
I know you’re just being a f*ggot like most do on here but no one is tripping in Laker land. Pels wanted WAYYYYYYY too much. You cannot just gut the team AND squander away ALL future assets moving forward.

At worst, we keep our talent, keep our assets and still have cap space for the offseason. We ain’t tripping here.
Exactly. We have options and flexibility. Lakers could sign a big name this summer and trade a few of the young guys for a different star and not the entire farm.

The pelicans are way overplaying their cards here. There were people on the Lakers reddit losing their shit over offering so much for him. New Orleans should be taking this deal and running. They better hope the Knicks get the 1st pick or Boston doesn't try to undercut them this summer. :lol

Foster5k
To all the Laker and Lebron haters.

History will look at this trade as a HUGE mistake by the Pelicans. The Pelicans future is screwed no matter what. AD is leaving and they're not getting anything close to what the Lakers were offering.

Meanwhile, the Lakers still have Lebron + cap space + valuable assets moving forward.

The Pelicans made this personal instead of making it about business. With a front office like that, no wonder AD wants out.

Pelicans...hold this L.

AirTupac
If its true we offered all 3... that alone is pushing it.

Reasonable offer was:

2 players from: Kuzma, Ingram, Lonzo
Hart
Wagner/Zubac (pick 1)
KCP/Stephenson/Beasley (pick 1)
and a couple of picks.

But the fact that Lakers offered more and still Pelicans wanted more.... Dell Demps is truly the worst GM in the league. :oldlol:

Bron bron needs to step up now

Spurs m8
02-05-2019, 04:32 PM
[QUOTE=oh the horror]I know you

PickernRoller
02-05-2019, 04:32 PM
Media about to go work...

game3524
02-05-2019, 04:53 PM
Exactly. We have options and flexibility. Lakers could sign a big name this summer and trade a few of the young guys for a different star and not the entire farm.

The pelicans are way overplaying their cards here. There were people on the Lakers reddit losing their shit over offering so much for him. New Orleans should be taking this deal and running. They better hope the Knicks get the 1st pick or Boston doesn't try to undercut them this summer. :lol

Seriously, they better pray NY gets the first overall pick or they will end up getting screwed over by Ainge.

Real Men Wear Green
02-05-2019, 04:56 PM
:D

Hey Yo
02-05-2019, 05:01 PM
You're probably one of the smarter Laker fans then.

There's a lot of morons that justt see a big name, see they're sending small names and think OH SICK!!!

Bron is the main one crying here...doesn't get his help and he hates developing younger players...
Dude probably is smart, but you don't need that high of an IQ to figure out that you're a f@ggot like he said.

AirTupac
02-05-2019, 05:06 PM
Dude probably is smart, but you don't need that high of an IQ to figure out that you're a f@ggot like he said.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

CelticBaller
02-05-2019, 05:33 PM
Lol even as a Celtic fan I was surprised they don

Celtics 1825
02-05-2019, 06:38 PM
All this is setting up for Demps to be the Fleece God's next victim :pimp: :pimp:

bobopenguin
02-05-2019, 06:59 PM
oh well. Let's see what can Pelicans get on this summer :rolleyes:

smart + rozier + protected 1st round picks :applause: :applause:

RealSkipBayless
02-05-2019, 07:08 PM

smart + rozier + protected 1st round picks :applause: :applause:
Ainge might even get them to take Hayward.

But hey at least they are listening to pop and not doing business with the Lakers. :lol :lol

E_Stamkos
02-05-2019, 07:13 PM
You guys talk as if NOLA doesn't have the leverage to reinitiate trade negotiations with the Lakers at some point down the road.

They're doing their diligence while making that pos sweat it out. F*uck him...

E_Stamkos
02-05-2019, 07:16 PM

Says the dick thirsty little bitch who would quickly punt his mother into a fire just to sniff Lebron's jock cup.

Real Men Wear Green
02-05-2019, 07:22 PM

smart + rozier + protected 1st round picks :applause: :applause:Gonna have to back down a bit. Smart is hitting threes now and that's a game changer. Also I still like Rozier, even this season his numbers in the games he's started have been pretty good. Slow your roll. Celtics just need to beat laker offer. Semi Ojeleye Hayward and a future first is more than generous.

KOBEtherealKing
02-05-2019, 07:25 PM
Lakers taking an L
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

:confusedshrug:

That would

BigKAT
02-05-2019, 07:26 PM
Gonna have to back down a bit. Smart is hitting threes now and that's a game changer. Also I still like Rozier, even this season his numbers in the games he's started have been pretty good. Slow your roll. Celtics just need to beat laker offer. Semi Ojeleye Hayward and a future first is more than generous.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Tbh I love Semi.

But he's the kind of player that will get overpaid by a team like the Magic, Pistons or Suns. (3years 14 million?)

But yeah Hayward is a great trade chip.
Keep Jaylen Brown, I think that guy can end up being a Rich Man's Jimmy Butler.

thefatmiral
02-05-2019, 07:29 PM
Lebron must be on suicide watch. I can see him sit out the rest of the year, but he probably cares too much about career totals to do that.
I don't get why he joined this team anyway, if he's going to have issues with them losing. They were a lottery team before he got there.

Marchesk
02-05-2019, 07:30 PM
I don't get why he joined this team anyway, if he's going to have issues with them losing. They were a lottery team before he got there.

There's a new reality show he's hosting that was advertised during the SB. :lol

bullettooth
02-05-2019, 07:34 PM

Poor LeBron, what terrible ****in' luck. Imagine being a manufactured star with a free ride every year.

100grandman
02-05-2019, 07:35 PM
This is all your guys fault. Now Lebron can't stack the deck. I blame ISH.

FreezingTsmoove
02-05-2019, 07:36 PM
Imagine not wanting to give up 6 LATE first round picks to get Anthony Davis.... Magic is ****ing RETARD thinking he could get a superstar like AD by offering his trash core and two late first rounders. Lakers fans are just as stupid for thinking they could get AD with that offer also. I actually find it amazing that Pelicans just want 6-8 first rounders for a deal. All those picks will be late picks anyway

Real Men Wear Green
02-05-2019, 07:40 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Tbh I love Semi.

But he's the kind of player that will get overpaid by a team like the Magic, Pistons or Suns. (3years 14 million?)

But yeah Hayward is a great trade chip.
Keep Jaylen Brown, I think that guy can end up being a Rich Man's Jimmy Butler.
Hey Hayward was an All-Star. Which guy LA is offering other than Rondo (I'm assuming they were offering Rondo because really, who weren't they offering?) has shown All-Star play? They may have to include Rozier (15 ppg on 47% as a starter)if Demps is pushing a hard bargain, I suppose. Demps is known for taking advantage of teams in trades. Ainge better be careful with this guy.

Jasper
02-05-2019, 08:04 PM
ad is not Drew Breez

oh the horror
02-05-2019, 09:49 PM
You guys talk as if NOLA doesn't have the leverage to reinitiate trade negotiations with the Lakers at some point down the road.

They're doing their diligence while making that pos sweat it out. F*uck him...

They could. But if LA is smart they won

TheImmortal
02-05-2019, 11:21 PM
I'm glad the Pelicans are putting on their big boy pants.. let the brow rot in hell. :lol