PDA

View Full Version : Philly just won the east: Tobias Harris, Boban, Mike Scott traded to PHILLY

Im Still Ballin
02-06-2019, 03:30 AM
[Wojnarowski] Sources: Clippers and Sixers have agreed to trade Tobias Harris, Boban Marjanovic, Mike Scott for Landry Shamet, Wilson Chandler, Mike Muscala, 2020 first-rounder, 2021 unprotected 1st via Miami and two second rounders.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

@masktheembiid @GOBB @MrFonzworth

warriorfan
02-06-2019, 03:32 AM
Holy shit. Sixers lookin good.

Im Still Ballin
02-06-2019, 03:33 AM
They could give GSW problems if chemistry develops

PickernRoller
02-06-2019, 03:34 AM
Clippers forfeiting their 8th seed. If the Lakers could pull out of this funk...

bluechox2
02-06-2019, 03:35 AM
wtf clippers doing

Im Still Ballin
02-06-2019, 03:35 AM
Clippers forfeiting their 8th seed. If the Lakers could pull out of this funk...
Jerry West thinking long term

Akrazotile
02-06-2019, 03:37 AM
Lebron comes back from injury, DESTROYS the Clippers, and less than a week later they straight up give their whole team away. :roll:

#LeTakerOfSouls

PickernRoller
02-06-2019, 03:38 AM
Jerry West thinking long term

Of course. They're pretenders right now....

Mask the Embiid
02-06-2019, 03:38 AM
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-6jWQuh9ZKcs/WRy6PlSiFGI/AAAAAAAATyU/AiAPIcJHbhIxTyhJXeMxPVlPkoruzO7HwCLcB/s1600/1.gif

LoneyROY7
02-06-2019, 03:40 AM
Scary starting 5.

Simmons
Redick
Butler
Tobias
Embiid

Could be win for the Clipper down the line though.

LAVAR BALL
02-06-2019, 03:40 AM
Ain't Tobias a free agent this summer?

Doubt Philly will resign both him and Jimmy.. I guess the Butler experience is ending this July

Edit: this Miami 2021 pick looks sweet

oh the horror
02-06-2019, 03:42 AM
Sixers probably are just going to go all in this post season. They have a nice squad right now.

LAVAR BALL
02-06-2019, 03:45 AM
Well, right after a loss against Toronto... and with less than 30 games to play(not much time to develop chemistry), that feels a little rushed imo

sammichoffate
02-06-2019, 03:52 AM
Tobias alone makes this team scary af, that's insane. Not a bad haul for Clippers, they still have a ton of cap for this offseason and now they have even more assets to build on moving forward. Jerry West doing his thing :applause:

Milbuck
02-06-2019, 03:52 AM
This is both great for Philly in the short-term and pretty stupid usage of future assets imho. 2 firsts including a potentially super valuable 2021 unprotected Miami 1st, along with a decent rotation prospect in Shamet, for an expiring Tobes? Honestly the only way I see this making sense for them is if they win the title this year.

Clippers look like a really intelligent front office right now. Shai, Harrell, Robinson, and four 1sts including that 2021 unprotected from Miami is an outstanding trade package potentially for a superstar.

Hopper15
02-06-2019, 03:58 AM
Jerry West out here playing chess.

Jeanie Buss ****ed up picking Magic over the Logo.

Mask the Embiid
02-06-2019, 03:59 AM
This is both great for Philly in the short-term and pretty stupid usage of future assets imho. 2 firsts including a potentially super valuable 2021 unprotected Miami 1st, along with a decent rotation prospect in Shamet, for an expiring Tobes? Honestly the only way I see this making sense for them is if they win the title this year.

Clippers look like a really intelligent front office right now. Shai, Harrell, Robinson, and four 1sts including that 2021 unprotected from Miami is an outstanding trade package potentially for a superstar.
enjoy paying giannis the super duper max next year.240+ million, he will literally single handely eat up half your cap for every single season he's under contract.With him eating more and more of the your cap away with every year you get deeper into his supermax deal.By his last year he will be almost 3/4 of your cap.

Enjoy building a team around that

https://media.giphy.com/media/Xgh20s5KSrNKg/giphy.gif

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
02-06-2019, 04:05 AM
Clippers tanking now and rolling the carpet up a spot for the Lakers to make it into the playoffs:facepalm :facepalm

this some collusion BS

Hopper15
02-06-2019, 04:07 AM
Clippers tanking now and rolling the carpet up a spot for the Lakers to make it into the playoffs:facepalm :facepalm

this some collusion BS

They about to go after Kawhi and KD in July. The 8th seed doesn't mean squat to Jerry West.

Just goes back to what I said Jerry West is playing chess. He's thinking five moves ahead.

iamgine
02-06-2019, 04:12 AM
Simmons
Redick
Butler
Embiid
BOBAN

:bowdown:

Mask the Embiid
02-06-2019, 04:21 AM
Dont forget about all the shooters were gonna get from buyouts in a week.Every shooter wants to play with the fresh prince

https://media.giphy.com/media/Xgh20s5KSrNKg/giphy.gifhttps://media.giphy.com/media/Xgh20s5KSrNKg/giphy.gifhttps://media.giphy.com/media/Xgh20s5KSrNKg/giphy.gifhttps://media.giphy.com/media/Xgh20s5KSrNKg/giphy.gifhttps://media.giphy.com/media/Xgh20s5KSrNKg/giphy.gifhttps://media.giphy.com/media/Xgh20s5KSrNKg/giphy.gif

sbw19
02-06-2019, 04:29 AM
Hard to believe given LeBron's move to the LA, but the East is the more intruiging conference right now.

Gileraracer
02-06-2019, 04:57 AM
Lebron comes back from injury, DESTROYS the Clippers, and less than a week later they straight up give their whole team away. :roll:

#LeTakerOfSouls

Unfortunately he also takes his own teams souls :(

bluechox2
02-06-2019, 05:02 AM
thanks to this deal..knicks cant max out tobias harris now....thank you sixers

D-Wait
02-06-2019, 05:06 AM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Clippers must know Harris is 100% gone in FA, otherwise this deal makes no damn sense...

LAVAR BALL
02-06-2019, 05:11 AM
thanks to this deal..knicks cant max out tobias harris now....thank you sixers

Philly won't pay both tobias and Jimmy: you still have your chance

Xiao Yao You
02-06-2019, 05:36 AM
Ain't Tobias a free agent this summer?

Doubt Philly will resign both him and Jimmy.. I guess the Butler experience is ending this July

Edit: this Miami 2021 pick looks sweet

Might keep Utah from going after Conley. Harris supposedly is interested in going to Utah.

zeerghit
02-06-2019, 05:40 AM
Clippers getting two 1st round picks and a young talent in Landry for ą year rentlat? wtf is elton brand smoking?
Jerry West:applause:
Hinkie worked so hard and they just wasting it

MrFonzworth
02-06-2019, 05:50 AM
What the ****.

I havent seen Tobias play at all this year. Is he any good?

Shamet was balling. Dont care much for Wilson or Moose, but it seems like we got robbed since we cant have both Tobias and Butler longterm. All that for an expiring?

Xiao Yao You
02-06-2019, 05:52 AM
Says they plan on signing Butler and Harris for a big 4

L8krH8tr
02-06-2019, 05:53 AM
Dam that

coin24
02-06-2019, 05:54 AM
Harris has been beasting this season.. hopefully Philly frees the boban, idiot doc kept changing his rotations every game. Shit overrated loser..

DaHeezy
02-06-2019, 06:12 AM
Harris obvious rental. Might as well try and make a run at a pretty open east. If not, Butler and Harris are off the books. Sign Khawhi and Durant.

r0drig0lac
02-06-2019, 06:24 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/nqRJTIwsBftG8/giphy.gif

Vino24
02-06-2019, 06:50 AM
Still 4 vs 5 on offense with Simmons still on the team

34-24 Footwork
02-06-2019, 06:51 AM
wtf clippers doing

This :lol

elementally morale
02-06-2019, 06:51 AM
Tobias Harris and Boban Marjanovic tend to travel together everywhere.

nayte
02-06-2019, 06:56 AM
Clippers getting two 1st round picks and a young talent in Landry for ą year rentlat? wtf is elton brand smoking?
Jerry West:applause:
Hinkie worked so hard and they just wasting it

This. I can see the benifit for the sixers but Jerry has made a great trade. He has the chance to get Davis and kwahi now. Unless I'm missing something

Manny98
02-06-2019, 07:09 AM
Watch EmChoke still lose in the 2nd round

hold this L
02-06-2019, 07:15 AM
Get ready again Lebron

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/TerribleUnacceptableAsiaticgreaterfreshwaterclam-small.gif

Still 4 vs 5 on offense with Simmons still on the team
Sounds like a fitting finals for both teams if Warriors make it

stalkerforlife
02-06-2019, 07:55 AM
Boston sits on their ass and may now lose the east.

DMAVS41
02-06-2019, 07:59 AM
Harris obvious rental. Might as well try and make a run at a pretty open east. If not, Butler and Harris are off the books. Sign Khawhi and Durant.

No he isn't.

You don't give up Shamet and two first round picks for a young player that you think is leaving.

The Sixers want him to stay...and they should Simmons / Harris / Joel...all makes a ton of sense together and they are all young / in heart of prime.

It is Butler that could be gone...and depending on what intel the Sixers have...they should think about moving Butler for a perhaps a younger player that fits better and has a future on the team.

Trade makes sense for both teams and could work out great for both teams.

However, kind of similar to the Mavs / Knicks trade...the Clippers, like the Knicks, got a great return for a player about to be properly or overpaid.

HylianNightmare
02-06-2019, 08:05 AM
Crazy Philly did this

hold this L
02-06-2019, 08:08 AM
Simmons
Redick
Butler
Embiid
BOBAN

So they're going to play with two centers? :facepalm :lol

Kingwillball
02-06-2019, 08:16 AM
Lebron has to be regretting not going to philly..

ArbitraryWater
02-06-2019, 08:19 AM

He didn't even consider them.

He's a dumbass, really.

coin24
02-06-2019, 08:20 AM

They have better assets to trade?

Stephonit
02-06-2019, 08:32 AM
Has anyone even considered the possible next step for the Clippers? This could be just a prelude to an offer for Davis!

k0kakw0rld
02-06-2019, 08:44 AM
:oldlol: :lol :roll:

fourkicks44
02-06-2019, 08:51 AM
Well, well, well.

It is all in now....

The Process is now definitely over. Dunno how I feel TBH. All Hinkie's assets gone. Salary cap space, gone. Longest view in the room, gone.

The whole point was to grow an orchard as opposed to buying some apples. Colangelo cut down all the trees and Brand went to market and bought all the apples he could afford.

As long as Simmons and Embiid are on the team things will be ok for the next decade tho. I would have preferred to have seen Fultz included opposed to Shamet or that Miami pick. But hey we got a Boban now!

F#ck it, lets just get a f#ckin championship now :rockon:

chocolatethunder
02-06-2019, 09:05 AM
Well, well, well.

It is all in now....

The Process is now definitely over. Dunno how I feel TBH. All Hinkie's assets gone. Salary cap space, gone. Longest view in the room, gone.

The whole point was to grow an orchard as opposed to buying some apples. Colangelo cut down all the trees and Brand went to market and bought all the apples he could afford.

As long as Simmons and Embiid are on the team things will be ok for the next decade tho. I would have preferred to have seen Fultz included opposed to Shamet or that Miami pick. But hey we got a Boban now!

Get over yourself. Longest view in the room? Gimme a break w your hinkie bullshit. Stacking assets was that so you can go all in if you have the opportunity to and Brand made a smart move and did. I have no problem locking up those four players for a few years. You can

Manny98
02-06-2019, 09:09 AM
Philly ain't winning shit with EmChoke at the helm it doesn't matter if they have 4 all stars Raptors,Boston and Milwaukee are still destroying them

Derka
02-06-2019, 09:18 AM
Nice pickup for the Sixers and they'll have space to re-sign him next season. This should help them nab a home playoff series or two.

DMAVS41
02-06-2019, 09:19 AM
Well, well, well.

It is all in now....

They really are all in now essentially...

I have to think they still try to move Fultz in the next 24 hours because, if you are all in, why not turn him into something that helps.

His salary is big enough they you could make a couple trades work. I'm really surprised they didn't get Patrick Beverley in this deal as well....he'd make a lot of sense.

Wes Matthews in the buyout market, if he gets there, would be a really nice get.

Philly still needs another guard that can shoot 3's and defend.

I wonder why Philly didn't remove some of the protections (likely don't matter anyway) of the 2020 pick and get Bev.

ArbitraryWater
02-06-2019, 09:31 AM
Philly could dethrone Rockets/Cavs as new Champions

ImKobe
02-06-2019, 09:46 AM
I wonder if this sets up a Jimmy Butler trade before the end of the deadline.

chocolatethunder
02-06-2019, 09:48 AM
They really are all in now essentially...

I have to think they still try to move Fultz in the next 24 hours because, if you are all in, why not turn him into something that helps.

His salary is big enough they you could make a couple trades work. I'm really surprised they didn't get Patrick Beverley in this deal as well....he'd make a lot of sense.

Wes Matthews in the buyout market, if he gets there, would be a really nice get.

Philly still needs another guard that can shoot 3's and defend.

I wonder why Philly didn't remove some of the protections (likely don't matter anyway) of the 2020 pick and get Bev.

They are all in but they have plans to re-sign both Butler and Harris and that would give them three guys 26 or younger and butler at 29/30 for 3-4 years. I am quite alright with that gamble.

Of course I agree they need depth and need to dig into the buyout market. As far as Fultz is concerned, while I don

zeerghit
02-06-2019, 09:54 AM
[QUOTE=chocolatethunder]Get over yourself. Longest view in the room? Gimme a break w your hinkie bullshit. Stacking assets was that so you can go all in if you have the opportunity to and Brand made a smart move and did. I have no problem locking up those four players for a few years. You can

ArbitraryWater
02-06-2019, 09:58 AM
how is this smart move? u not beating warriors u just wasting assets its terrible trade for sixers

You're dumb

chocolatethunder
02-06-2019, 10:01 AM
how is this smart move? u not beating warriors u just wasting assets its terrible trade for sixers
Lol pretty sure this move wasn

zeerghit
02-06-2019, 10:06 AM
Lol pretty sure this move wasn’t made for just this year but you’re really smart.
so why not wait? u gaved all assets for 1yr harris? and u what gonna pay him 30+mln? and its f*cking win for sixers? wake up..
and i really wanna see how buttler gonna share that rock even more

zeerghit
02-06-2019, 10:07 AM
You're dumb
explain me einstein

chocolatethunder
02-06-2019, 10:42 AM
so why not wait? u gaved all assets for 1yr harris? and u what gonna pay him 30+mln? and its f*cking win for sixers? wake up..
and i really wanna see how buttler gonna share that rock even more
Lol what assets? Two firsts? Sixers are one of the best teams in the league where is that pick gonna be? Miami

PP34Deuce
02-06-2019, 10:50 AM
Tobias Is a legit starter and makes them even more versatile.

Philly is doing it right. You csnt sit on assets very long. Harris is only 26 so you got a near prime guy.

FKAri
02-06-2019, 10:50 AM
Good deal for both teams

zeerghit
02-06-2019, 10:52 AM
[QUOTE=chocolatethunder]Lol what assets? Two firsts? Sixers are one of the best teams in the league where is that pick gonna be? Miami

ArbitraryWater
02-06-2019, 11:42 AM
miami pick is unprotected and looking at miami.. i dont know this pick can be top 5 easy.. and if hes not good fit? than what? u gave good young player (who is ok on defence) and 2 picks for nothink? is it worth gamble couse u not beating GSW..?

Not everybody is a bitch like you. They actually try.

chocolatethunder
02-06-2019, 11:44 AM
miami pick is unprotected and looking at miami.. i dont know this pick can be top 5 easy.. and if hes not good fit? than what? u gave good young player (who is ok on defence) and 2 picks for nothink? is it worth gamble couse u not beating GSW..?
Lol Landry Shamet is a -2.56 on DRPM and a -.87 ORPM. Which young player is

zeerghit
02-06-2019, 12:21 PM
[QUOTE=chocolatethunder]Lol Landry Shamet is a -2.56 on DRPM and a -.87 ORPM. Which young player is

LAVAR BALL
02-06-2019, 12:43 PM
Well i agree with Zeerghit: it's like the sixers spend years tanking like crazy to ammass assets and they traded everyting in one year. Ok they now have a 5 man unit who can compete with anything but the risk is crazy

The only trade like that which actually worked in recent memory was Sheed to Detroit in 2004, and contract situations weren't the same (i'm not remembering too much on this part)

They now have 30 games to create a team alchemy, define the best ranking order in term of shooting, and pray to avoid injuries.

But really, they paid a deep price. Wilson Chandler was doing his work, Shamet was really helpful on the 3 and well, the Miami pick could come back to bite them in the ass in 2 years (even if Spo always have his guys overachieve given the roster talent).

Now it's Finals or bust for Philly

DaHeezy
02-06-2019, 12:46 PM
Those picks are definitely worth more than Harris.

Like I said. It's a temp let's try. Then go get Durant.

GOBB
02-06-2019, 01:21 PM
Happy with the trade. F*ck the picks. That

DMAVS41
02-06-2019, 01:25 PM
[QUOTE=GOBB]Happy with the trade. F*ck the picks. That

Haymaker
02-06-2019, 01:25 PM
Tobias adds some much-needed perimeter shooting. :applause:

Levity
02-06-2019, 01:26 PM
my goodness. thats going to be one expensive starting 5 if philly plans on keeping them all together long term.

Levity
02-06-2019, 01:27 PM
Happy with the trade. F*ck the picks. That’s why we have them. To be able to draft a prospect or package in a deal for a proven player. We did the latter. I’ve been screaming Tobias to Philly for some time now. He compliments the team well.

Landry to me is JJ Redick at best. I don’t care about the human trash can Muscala. What a joke he was. I also don’t care much for the incoming players Scott and the “legendary” Boban. Tobias is key here. Starting 5 looks sweet the bench not so much. Hopefully Brewer is brought back and Wesley Matthews is bought out. Wait and see to upgrade this face palm bench we have.

Offseason the questions are

1. Are you resigning both butler and Harris (Sixers reportedly are saying yes)
2. How much is Tobias worth?
3. How much will Tobias ask for?
4. Would losing Butler off season hurt that much if you can keep Tobias?
5. Bench? Fultz Future?

harris turned down a 4/80 extension over the summer. think hes looking for around 25 a year or 5/100 at the min.

90sgoat
02-06-2019, 01:28 PM
Philly decided to get the most effective center ever in Boban.

Embiid will be a force of the bench.

FireDavidKahn
02-06-2019, 01:32 PM
Tobias has been in the league 8 years and on 5 different teams:biggums:

FireDavidKahn
02-06-2019, 01:33 PM
Philly looking realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll good now.

hateraid
02-06-2019, 01:43 PM
Call me crazy but I honestly think we could have landed Russell and/or Dinwiddie with that package. I feel like that was a missed opportunity. Brooklyn is probably hungry for high picks

But to be honest I have not really followed Tobias Harris that much. I had him on my fantasy 2 years ago. I know he can score. But I found him to be a bit of a black hole. We should have got Beverly too in that deal in case TJ wants to sign elsewhere.

Somebody please sell me on Tobias Harris

AI09
02-06-2019, 01:45 PM
Seriously doubt we can keep Butler, Harris and JJ this summer plus Simmons is a Free agent the summer after. McConnell also a free agent this summer. Fultz will be traded for a proven vet on a expiring deal and maybe a draft pick. If we can keep this starting five for the next 3-4 years with the exception of JJ we have a shot at a title.

Golden State could potentially get worse if Durant/Cousins/Klay leave.
Torontos future is uncertain with Kawhi and the Celtics are on the verge of dismantling this summer.
Kyrie might leave and Horford is getting old. Hayward looks like a shell of his old self. Brown looks like he regressed but suprises every now and again. Rozier will stay if Kyrie leaves so that's good and Tatum will be a star.

Celtics 1825
02-06-2019, 01:50 PM
Fvck

dirkdiggler41
02-06-2019, 01:55 PM
He is a player who needs the ball in his hands to score, right?

Foster5k
02-06-2019, 01:56 PM
Good fit. They need shooting.

lilteapot
02-06-2019, 01:57 PM
No he doesn't. He's always been a team player and would be really efficient being set up by Ben Simmons, he's a great spot up shooter, but if you also need a score in a halfcourt setting he's a great option. He's a great fit.

AI09
02-06-2019, 01:57 PM
Call me crazy but I honestly think we could have landed Russell and/or Dinwiddie with that package. I feel like that was a missed opportunity. Brooklyn is probably hungry for high picks

But to be honest I have not really followed Tobias Harris that much. I had him on my fantasy 2 years ago. I know he can score. But I found him to be a bit of a black hole. We should have got Beverly too in that deal in case TJ wants to sign elsewhere.

Somebody please sell me on Tobias Harris

Perfect fit for us. Leading scorer on a playoff team shooting 50% from the field 40% from 3. Won't be asked to do much considering Simmons/Butler/Embiid will dominate the ball oh and Reddick will still get his shots up.

It's a significant upgrade in the starting line up but will be hard to keep Butler/Harris/JJ/McConnell in the summer. The 2020 pick and the 2nd rounders won't hurt us but that 2021 Miami pick and Shamet leaving could bite us in the ass. We need a somewhat decent bench.

Simmons/McConnell
JJ/Fultz/Zhaire
Butler/Brewer?/Korkmaz
Harris/Scott
Embiid/Boban/Bolden/Amir

Fultz and Korkmaz are goners and would like to move Amir as well. Also bring back Brewer. We need to get some expiring contract vets on the wing by trading those 3 guys listed.

Bosnian Sajo
02-06-2019, 02:03 PM
Has a player ever scored without the ball in his hands? Where are these rare feet/head scorers?

hateraid
02-06-2019, 02:06 PM
Perfect fit for us. Leading scorer on a playoff team shooting 50% from the field 40% from 3. Won't be asked to do much considering Simmons/Butler/Embiid will dominate the ball oh and Reddick will still get his shots up.

It's a significant upgrade in the starting line up but will be hard to keep Butler/Harris/JJ/McConnell in the summer. The 2020 pick and the 2nd rounders won't hurt us but that 2021 Miami pick and Shamet leaving could bite us in the ass. We need a somewhat decent bench.

Simmons/McConnell
JJ/Fultz/Zhaire
Butler/Brewer?/Korkmaz
Harris/Scott
Embiid/Boban/Bolden/Amir

Fultz and Korkmaz are goners and would like to move Amir as well. Also bring back Brewer. We need to get some expiring contract vets on the wing by trading those 3 guys listed.

The problem I have with Harris is he is a black hole. At least that was my observation while he was in Detroit. Is he even compatible with Butler?

Bosnian Sajo
02-06-2019, 02:06 PM
Look at the Warriors: Steph, Durant, and Cousins are all ball dominant players. Klay is spot up but also has the ability to create on the go, Green is the all around player that doesn't need the ball to be effective (not to score lol).

Now look at the Sixers: Embiid, Butler, and Harris are ball dominant. JJ Is a spot up shooter but also has the ability to create on the go, Simmons is where it gets tricky. He cant shoot, he doesn't need to be a big threat to score, but he needs the ball to get his ball dominant homies the ball in order for them to be able to score. HOWEVER, now that there are so many options, teams will be forced to defend these guys 1 on 1...so this may work out very well.

Sixers vs Warriors will be a fascinating finals matchup.

Bosnian Sajo
02-06-2019, 02:07 PM
The problem I have with Harris is he is a black hole. At least that was my observation while he was in Detroit. Is he even compatible with Butler?

Black hole based on what...Tobias was playing like an allstar for a good team in the west.

The black hole in Detroit is Andre Drummond, he is not suited to play in the modern NBA.

red1
02-06-2019, 02:08 PM
Philly won't pay both tobias and Jimmy: you still have your chance
the knicks will always find a way - where there's a will to fail there's a way

hateraid
02-06-2019, 02:19 PM
Black hole based on what...Tobias was playing like an allstar for a good team in the west.

The black hole in Detroit is Andre Drummond, he is not suited to play in the modern NBA.

How was Drummond a black hole when he never got the ball? :rolleyes:
He's literally the anti-blackhole.

Based on an eye test when Detroit had that stagnant offense with Jackson/Harris/Morris. They all wouldn't pass to eachother. I see a similar thing with Butler and Harris.

Levity
02-06-2019, 02:24 PM
How was Drummond a black hole when he never got the ball? :rolleyes:
He's literally the anti-blackhole.

Based on an eye test when Detroit had that stagnant offense with Jackson/Harris/Morris. They all wouldn't pass to eachother. I see a similar thing with Butler and Harris.

harris is far from a black hole. he has a great off-ball game and runs the floor better than most 4's in the league

Jackson is a horrible PG and morris was definiately a black hole when with det. but harris is a quality player who can be one of your teams best scorers as well as a great team player.

AirBonner
02-06-2019, 03:03 PM
Butler was already not happy with the touches he gets. This trade just made that worse. Not to mention if Fultz comes back :lol sixers desperately need shooting. This trade maybe pulls them even with raps and Celtics if they click but no where close to the warriors

GOBB
02-06-2019, 04:55 PM
Tobias is going to get a monster deal as will Butler.

The real question, to me, is can the Sixers flip Fultz for a player that actually makes sense because they don't have another path to get better now other than a Fultz trade.

I'd imagine they want to do that now because might as well go for it this year.

Also, really surprised the Sixers didn't get Bev out of this.

Doubt Sixers are giving up on Fultz this season. Now as far as future he may play his way out. Sucks we won

fourkicks44
02-06-2019, 05:53 PM
[QUOTE=chocolatethunder]Get over yourself. Longest view in the room? Gimme a break w your hinkie bullshit. Stacking assets was that so you can go all in if you have the opportunity to and Brand made a smart move and did. I have no problem locking up those four players for a few years. You can

chocolatethunder
02-06-2019, 05:58 PM
Tobias is going to get a monster deal as will Butler.

The real question, to me, is can the Sixers flip Fultz for a player that actually makes sense because they don't have another path to get better now other than a Fultz trade.

I'd imagine they want to do that now because might as well go for it this year.

Also, really surprised the Sixers didn't get Bev out of this.
I don

RealSkipBayless
02-06-2019, 06:35 PM
Sixers got a dynasty led by Embiid who will replace Lebron as the best player in the world.

Looking at 2 rings minimum with this core.
:party: :hammertime: :hammertime:

GOBB
02-06-2019, 06:35 PM
I'm not saying the trade didn't make sense but this is the last real move they can make besides moving Fultz (which they now might be forced to if they want to sign both Butler and Harris next season).

Hinkle aimed for sustained success and a pipeline of assets and flexibility to make that a reality.

There is nothing left if this doesn't work out. Hinkie took and average/ above average team and tried to rebuild it into a great team.

Say they sign Jimmy and Harris or Jimmy gets hurt or even one of them or both leave next year they have nothing to trade and no picks. They will have Ben and Joel but be back to square one. Probably languishing in the middle of the pack like the Doug Collins era team.

This move is for now and I realise Brand's hand was forced. But there is no real plan B. Which is a concern when both Harris and Jimmy are on the end of their current contracts. Both will be looking to get paid.

Don't forget how they gave up that Sacramento pick. At the time no-one knew what would happen to Fultz, but that was a bad deal.

Brand didn

GOBB
02-06-2019, 06:38 PM
Seriously doubt we can keep Butler, Harris and JJ this summer plus Simmons is a Free agent the summer after. McConnell also a free agent this summer. Fultz will be traded for a proven vet on a expiring deal and maybe a draft pick. If we can keep this starting five for the next 3-4 years with the exception of JJ we have a shot at a title.

Golden State could potentially get worse if Durant/Cousins/Klay leave.
Torontos future is uncertain with Kawhi and the Celtics are on the verge of dismantling this summer.
Kyrie might leave and Horford is getting old. Hayward looks like a shell of his old self. Brown looks like he regressed but suprises every now and again. Rozier will stay if Kyrie leaves so that's good and Tatum will be a star.

Bye JJ Redick. Thanks for the seasons.
Bye TJ Mcconnell. Thanks for the seasons
Hi Ben, you

chocolatethunder
02-06-2019, 06:45 PM
I'm not saying the trade didn't make sense but this is the last real move they can make besides moving Fultz (which they now might be forced to if they want to sign both Butler and Harris next season).

Hinkle aimed for sustained success and a pipeline of assets and flexibility to make that a reality.

There is nothing left if this doesn't work out. Hinkie took and average/ above average team and tried to rebuild it into a great team.

Say they sign Jimmy and Harris or Jimmy gets hurt or even one of them or both leave next year they have nothing to trade and no picks. They will have Ben and Joel but be back to square one. Probably languishing in the middle of the pack like the Doug Collins era team.

This move is for now and I realise Brand's hand was forced. But there is no real plan B. Which is a concern when both Harris and Jimmy are on the end of their current contracts. Both will be looking to get paid.

Don't forget how they gave up that Sacramento pick. At the time no-one knew what would happen to Fultz, but that was a bad deal.
Fultz does not factor into whether or not they can or will re-sign Butler or Harris. There

fourkicks44
02-06-2019, 06:46 PM
[QUOTE=GOBB]Bye JJ Redick. Thanks for the seasons.
Bye TJ Mcconnell. Thanks for the seasons
Hi Ben, you

fourkicks44
02-06-2019, 06:48 PM
[QUOTE=chocolatethunder]Fultz does not factor into whether or not they can or will re-sign Butler or Harris. There

AI09
02-06-2019, 07:06 PM
JJ has become very important to this team hopefully he will come back at a discount. As for Fultz i believe he will be shipped at the deadline. Only way I see him staying is If sixers give him untill the end of this season to prove himself. If he doesnt he is gone by the nba draft. No way are they going to keep everyone this offseason if Fultz is on the books. I just have a strong feeling he will be traded by tommorow.

GOBB
02-06-2019, 07:16 PM
When it comes to the important teams out East I’m not seeing where JJ importance rises to the occasion. I see him getting exposed moreso being a defensive liability. I’m not going to lose much sleep if I’m Brand trying to figure out how we can keep JJ this offseason is what I’m trying to say.

I’m hoping Brett is not the Hc next season either. Done with him and his “sets”, defensive philosophy.

PeroAntic
02-06-2019, 07:28 PM
Sixers got a dynasty led by Embiid who will replace Lebron as the best player in the world.

Looking at 2 rings minimum with this core.
:party: :hammertime: :hammertime:
Agreed. Sixers can challenge the Warriors with this team. What a coup with Butler and Harris.

It will be an insane battle with Boston. Feeling a bit bad for the Celtics. Just as you thought they assembled a perfect squad with Hayward, Tatum and Brown, Philly outdoes them. What a time.

DMAVS41
02-06-2019, 07:29 PM
I don’t know what you mean by get better now. Do you mean right this moment or in the future?

If you mean right now, taking back Boban and Mike Scott are both upgrades for this roster and of course Harris is a tremendous upgrade. This trade puts them on the same level as the best teams in the east. It does not make them better than the best teams but it puts them on their level.

Another way to get better right now that does not involve moving Fultz is in the buyout market. The Sixers added Belinelli and Ersan last year who both played big roles on the team.

In the future of course they have Smith and either Fultz coming back or anything they can get out of Fultz or whoever they pick this year.

People who aren’t from Philly area and don’t watch this team enough are grossly underrating the impact of Boban on this team. They finally have a legit backup who can play ten mins and a Mike Scott is a for sure upgrade over Muscala. The Sixers did not lose any depth at all in this trade, in fact, they gained it.

Don’t get me wrong, this doesn’t make them the favorites to go to the finals and I am not saying they even have a possibility of beating GSW but saying moving Fultz is the only way for them to get better now is not correct.

I mean in the future because they are going to be capped out if they retain Butler like they plan to...and now because if you have given up on Fultz (which, to be fair, maybe they haven't)...

Moving him now to add another piece they need makes a lot of sense because might as well go for the title this year...

Totally agree about the buyout market...I hope they can get something like Wes Matthews.

I also wish they could have pulled Bev out of the deal. They gave up a shit ton for a guy about to get properly paid or overpaid...depending on how high one is on Harris...getting Bev as well seems like a reasonable ask

chocolatethunder
02-06-2019, 07:38 PM
Fultz has 9 million on the books next season. It will become important.
I

chocolatethunder
02-06-2019, 07:43 PM
I mean in the future because they are going to be capped out if they retain Butler like they plan to...and now because if you have given up on Fultz (which, to be fair, maybe they haven't)...

Moving him now to add another piece they need makes a lot of sense because might as well go for the title this year...

Totally agree about the buyout market...I hope they can get something like Wes Matthews.

I also wish they could have pulled Bev out of the deal. They gave up a shit ton for a guy about to get properly paid or overpaid...depending on how high one is on Harris...getting Bev as well seems like a reasonable ask
Yes def want Matthews. I

sammichoffate
02-06-2019, 07:44 PM
Apparently West flipped Blake Griffin for 6 total picks, 3 Firsts and 3 Seconds

DMAVS41
02-06-2019, 08:08 PM
[QUOTE=chocolatethunder]Yes def want Matthews. I

chocolatethunder
02-06-2019, 09:07 PM
They certainly are not positioned poorly...I do not think that at all.

My only issue here is what you just said. If you don't think you can win the title...why are you giving all that up for a player that you might be able to sign in free agency anyway?

And if that doesn't work...there are a ton of trades to make to get players that could help.

I don't know...I like Harris and think he fits better than a lot of people are saying, but the Sixers kind of paid as much as more than full value for a player on an expiring deal...which, just from a game theory perspective, doesn't make a ton of sense.

I love that they did something though...I just worry a little about the chemistry on this team.

I don't know...put it this way...if the Sixers got back Bev and traded Butler for something that makes a bit more sense for the next 5 years...I think that would have been great.

Right now...I think it is wait and see...could be great (similar to my Mavs deal), but could be rough as well.

I'd just rather be the Knicks and Clippers in these deals personally, but I understand why both teams did it.

Trade for him now for his bird rights for sure just like Butler. They have these dudes that they can now go over the cap in order to keep. I don

DMAVS41
02-06-2019, 10:18 PM
[QUOTE=chocolatethunder]Trade for him now for his bird rights for sure just like Butler. They have these dudes that they can now go over the cap in order to keep. I don

Rico2016
02-07-2019, 04:07 AM
Release the Boban!

Secret weapon!

masonanddixon
02-07-2019, 05:10 AM
I swear casual NBA fans are the biggest retards in sports.

Yeah, if you assume there's 6 balls on the court this team will be a great. A team now with 4 ball dominant players will never emerge out of the East.

raptors will destroy this squad in a series, as well Miwaukee, and maybe even Brooklyn.

PeroAntic
02-07-2019, 05:59 AM

Yeah, if you assume there's 6 balls on the court this team will be a great. A team now with 4 ball dominant players will never emerge out of the East.

raptors will destroy this squad in a series, as well Miwaukee, and maybe even Brooklyn.
I guess Brand is also a casual fan then:facepalm

Tobias Harris is not a ball dominant player and Jimmy has shown he can coexist with Simmons and Embiid.

masonanddixon
02-07-2019, 06:44 AM
I guess Brand is also a casual fan then:facepalm

Tobias Harris is not a ball dominant player and Jimmy has shown he can coexist with Simmons and Embiid.

It was a retarded move by Elton to get rid of picks, defense, and shooting for a guy who will want a max contract.

I guarantee you when the playoffs come by and games actually matter, that this lineup will not work.

Just mark this thread. Sixers will lose in the conference semis.

PeroAntic
02-07-2019, 07:10 AM
It was a retarded move by Elton to get rid of picks, defense, and shooting for a guy who will want a max contract.

I guarantee you when the playoffs come by and games actually matter, that this lineup will not work.

Just mark this thread. Sixers will lose in the conference semis.
Because Shamet, Chandler and Muscala offer so much in terms of defense and shooting that Boban and Harris ability to compensate for this aspect is clearly insufficient:rolleyes:

(not to mention youre moving the goalposts saying initially that the problem is Harris is a ball dominant player)

As it was already said, the picks were irrelevant, because their purpose always was to be traded for pieces that would make the team a championship contender. A complete, allstar stretch four with ball playing abilities but no ball stopping in Harris and a monster on both sides in reduced minutes in Boban is a fantastic return. In the playoffs you need individual ability.

Also, max contract will eventually have to be given at some point to some big name in order to compete, and Harris is the piece that fits perfectly, so why not him? The guy deserves it. People are such cheapskates sometimes.

To me there is no doubt that the Sixers are now the best team in the East. Of course you might need to build chemistry, so its possible that it won't be a smooth ride from the beginning. Thats why failing to win or even get in the finals this year will not be a tragedy (and also because the Celtics are also a powerhouse). These guys are still in their prime and they will come back stronger next season.

Final thought, Boban is underrated in his impact here too. With Embiid's endurance (and longetivity) issues now well known, a high impact guy in limited time like Boban that could give rest time to Embiid is massive.

ArbitraryWater
02-07-2019, 07:11 AM

you'll look so dumb

masonanddixon
02-07-2019, 07:24 AM
Because Shamet, Chandler and Muscala offer so much in terms of defense and shooting that Boban and Harris ability to compensate for this aspect is clearly insufficient:rolleyes:

(not to mention youre moving the goalposts saying initially that the problem is Harris is a ball dominant player)

As it was already said, the picks were irrelevant, because their purpose always was to be traded for pieces that would make the team a championship contender. A complete, allstar stretch four with ball playing abilities but no ball stopping in Harris and a monster on both sides in reduced minutes in Boban is a fantastic return. In the playoffs you need individual ability.

Also, max contract will eventually have to be given at some point to some big name in order to compete, and Harris is the piece that fits perfectly, so why not him? The guy deserves it. People are such cheapskates sometimes.

To me there is no doubt that the Sixers are now the best team in the East. Of course you might need to build chemistry, so its possible that it won't be a smooth ride from the beginning. Thats why failing to win or even get in the finals this year will not be a tragedy (and also because the Celtics are also a powerhouse). These guys are still in their prime and they will come back stronger next season.

Final thought, Boban is underrated in his impact here too. With Embiid's endurance (and longetivity) issues now well known, a high impact guy in limited time like Boban that could give rest time to Embiid is massive.

I'm happy you're so confident but the guys I pick to blow up into cancers come the 2nd round are Simmons and Butler.

And Boban is useful in VERY limited spurts, dude can only play like 5 minutes at a time before totally gassing out.

The guy you really want taking more shots in Reddick and he's the one who will suffer most with the new lineup...

masonanddixon
02-07-2019, 07:24 AM
you'll look so dumb

Just mark this thread. I can see this team losing to Brooklyn.

zeerghit
02-07-2019, 07:39 AM
you'll look so dumb
u said it 2nd times now, and u didint put any explanation

PeroAntic
02-07-2019, 07:48 AM
I'm happy you're so confident but the guys I pick to blow up into cancers come the 2nd round are Simmons and Butler.

And Boban is useful in VERY limited spurts, dude can only play like 5 minutes at a time before totally gassing out.

The guy you really want taking more shots in Reddick and he's the one who will suffer most with the new lineup...
Butler is a winner. He has a bad reputation, but he was only an issue when he was surrounded by players who are not winners (Towns, Wiggins). Come playoffs he will bust his ass to win. Thats whats needed in the playoffs. Redick is more important in the regular season. His job is just to move around and provide spacing and take shots when he gets free. Hes not a difference maker.

masonanddixon
02-07-2019, 08:02 AM
Butler is a winner. He has a bad reputation, but he was only an issue when he was surrounded by players who are not winners (Towns, Wiggins). Come playoffs he will bust his ass to win. Thats whats needed in the playoffs. Redick is more important in the regular season. His job is just to move around and provide spacing and take shots when he gets free. Hes not a difference maker.

lol Reddick was the Clippers best player in several of their runs, and he's a true two way player. You're right about Butler being a winner though but I definitely see either him or Simmons (who has been badly exposed this season) having a playoffs meltdown. I also don't see how Harris fits into th lineup. They were much better with Muscala/Chandler filling in the 3 and D role. That is just my opinion though. I don't think the team has good chemistry at all. I could see a team like Brooklyn, who is hungry as **** and tough as ****, completely outworking them in a series.

fourkicks44
02-07-2019, 08:43 AM

I can see this being better for JJ. He has to work so f#cking hard for his shots. Teams focus in and make shit so tough for him. The Sixers offense is so predictable, it is a dribble hand off to JJ 90% of the time. He is going to get a heap more open looks.

And Brooklyn beating the Sixers? Homecourt for Philly aint going to let that happen.

ArbitraryWater
06-20-2019, 03:31 PM
:lebronamazed:

90sgoat
06-20-2019, 03:50 PM
Why was Masondixon banned?

:biggums:

3ball
06-20-2019, 04:09 PM
They would've won the championship this year if not for Kawhi's series-winner

They were much more talented than the KD-less Warriors.. :confusedshrug:

fourkicks44