PDA

View Full Version : Truth Is: LeBron-Ball Still The Only Way to Beat the Warriors

Foster5k
02-06-2019, 12:31 PM
What team has actually defeated the Warriors besides a team lead by LeBron? Fans/Stans/Haters can say what they want. Lakers know the only shot they have to win a championship or championships is building around a 34 year old Lebron. Which is amazing in and of itself. At 34, Lebron's impact is still greater than any single player currently in the NBA.

Of course you can make up a super team that could possibly defeat the Warriors. However, in doing so, one would have to go about all types of trade scenarios and get incredibly lucky to build such a team.

The Lakers are the only team, currently, that has a legit shot at building such a team. Stop whining and bitching about Lebron and players getting traded. The Lakers are in the drivers seat at becoming the single biggest threat in the NBA. They have Lebron + cap space + valuable assets. I like where they are at.

As Lebron said, the calm before the storm. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

warriorfan
02-06-2019, 12:35 PM
What team has actually defeated the Warriors besides a team lead by LeBron. Fans/Stans/Haters can say what they want. Lakers know the only shot they have to win a championship or championships is building around a 34 year old Lebron. Which is amazing in and of itself. At 34, Lebron's impact is still greater than any single player currently in the NBA.

Of course you can make up a super team that could possibly defeat the Warriors. However, in doing so, one would have to go about all types of trade scenarios and get incredibly lucky to build such a team.

The Lakers are the only team, currently, that has a legit shot at building such a team. Stop whining and bitching about Lebron and players getting traded. The Lakers are in the drivers seat at becoming the single biggest threat in the NBA. They have Lebron + cap space + valuable assets. I like where they are at.

As Lebron said, the calm before the storm. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

LeBron didn

kennethgriffen
02-06-2019, 12:36 PM
adam silver called in favors/draymond green suspensions/kyrie irving bail outs/curry choking is the way to beat the warriors

lebrons front running/garbage time stat padding/choking the last 4 minutes of game 7 is not the answer you're looking for

https://media.giphy.com/media/l2JJKs3I69qfaQleE/giphy.gif

FKAri
02-06-2019, 12:38 PM
[QUOTE=warriorfan]LeBron didn

TheCorporation
02-06-2019, 12:40 PM
Also, please never forget game 1 of 2018 Finals in Oracle Arena where Bron drops 49 and if J.R. Smith doesn't forget the score then who knows what could have happened there.

TheCorporation
02-06-2019, 12:41 PM

Foster5k
02-06-2019, 12:45 PM

SomeBlackDude
02-06-2019, 12:46 PM
At 34, Lebron's impact is still greater than any single player currently in the NBA.

https://i.postimg.cc/Kcg3Kg3r/Western-Standings.jpg

https://i.makeagif.com/media/10-24-2018/_oEzdS.gif

warriorfan
02-06-2019, 12:49 PM
adam silver called in favors/draymond green suspensions/kyrie irving bail outs/curry choking is the way to beat the warriors

lebrons front running/garbage time stat padding/choking the last 4 minutes of game 7 is not the answer you're looking for

https://media.giphy.com/media/l2JJKs3I69qfaQleE/giphy.gif

Check out LeBrons splits from the first 4 games and compare them to the last 3. That tells you all you need to know about the series. LeBron was only able to be effective when Golden State was missing their 3 best defenders. When Iguodala, Bogut, and Draymond were active, LeBron was on pace for a 2011 type series.

First 4 games - 24 ppg .519 TS
Last 3 games - 36 ppg .586 TS

Sources:https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201606020GSW.html

Foster5k
02-06-2019, 12:55 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/Kcg3Kg3r/Western-Standings.jpg

https://i.makeagif.com/media/10-24-2018/_oEzdS.gif
Before the injury, the Lakers were cruising along in the West. So, that graphic pretty misleading.

Anyhow, what team besides the Lakers have a legit chance at winning the title moving forward?

Rockets with James Harden are still frauds. Harden coming up short in the playoffs is a known factor.

KD, no matter where he goes if not Golden State, not winning a championship. He couldn't win with Westbrook AND James Harden. :oldlol:

Clippers? With Kawhi Leonard and who? :oldlol:

Celtics? With Kyrie? Kyrie might not even be with Boston. Will the Celtics get AD? AD and who can beat the Warriors?

Knicks? please...

OKC? :oldlol:

As I said, Lakers only team with legit chance moving forward, with Lebron + cap space + valuable assets that have a shot at beating the Warriors.

Right now, I like the Lakers chances.

SomeBlackDude
02-06-2019, 01:03 PM
Before the injury, the Lakers were cruising along in the West.

lecupcake schedule.

how many more contenders is bron planning on ducking the rest of the season like he just did with gsw the other day?

https://i.ibb.co/mc0bK0S/lakersschedule.png

yikes.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/l1J9GOHzv61L2UyYM/source.gif

ImKobe
02-06-2019, 01:04 PM
Check out LeBrons splits from the first 4 games and compare them to the last 3. That tells you all you need to know about the series. LeBron was only able to be effective when Golden State was missing their 3 best defenders. When Iguodala, Bogut, and Draymond were active, LeBron was on pace for a 2011 type series.

First 4 games - 24 ppg .519 TS
Last 3 games - 36 ppg .586 TS

Sources:https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201606020GSW.html

Truth bombs...

he played like garbage with both teams healthy.

SouBeachTalents
02-06-2019, 01:20 PM
Truth bombs...

he played like garbage with both teams healthy.
Garbage, aka Kobe's career Finals average :oldlol:

3ball
02-06-2019, 01:29 PM
Many teams would win 1 out of 4 against the warriors

That's a lottery win percentage

The real knock on lebron is that he should've had a dominant favorite like the warriors - it should've been 2 titans going at it like the 80' Lakers/celtics, but instead lebron fielded 50-win underdogs despite super-team talent

SouBeachTalents
02-06-2019, 01:31 PM
Many teams would win 1 out of 4 against the warriors

The real knock on lebron is that he should've had a dominant favorite like the warriors - it should've been 2 titans going at it like the 80' Lakers/celtics, but instead lebron fielded 50-win underdogs despite super-team talent
Many teams would also win 1 out of 4 against the Pistons

FKAri
02-06-2019, 01:31 PM
warriorfan has repressed 2016 so hard he doesn't even remember how the Warriors got to a 3-1 lead or how they lost the last 3. :oldlol

ArbitraryWater
02-06-2019, 01:33 PM
LeBron Ball won the Championship in 2015, 2016, 2018 but in two of those years referee's intervened.

3ball
02-06-2019, 01:36 PM
Many teams would also win 1 out of 4 against the Pistons

MJ was 1-3 with growing teams, while lebron had fully-developed super-teams with perennial all-star teammates in their prime

MJ was 1-3 with the kind of team lebron has now..

Again, there's no excuse for lebron's losses to the warriors and spurs - he had fully-developed super-teams and was the favorite heading into the 11, 13, and 15' seasons

FKAri
02-06-2019, 01:38 PM
MJ was 1-3 with growing teams, while lebron had fully-developed favorites with teammates in their prime

Again, there's no excuse for lebron's losses to the warriors and spurs - he had fully-developed super-teams and was the favorite heading into the 11, 13, and 15' seasons
24 year old MJ got outplayed by a team with 0 all stars. Yikes

hiphopanonymous
02-06-2019, 01:38 PM
*Kyrie's clutch shooting is still the only way to beat the warriors

SouBeachTalents
02-06-2019, 01:39 PM
MJ was 1-3 with growing teams, while lebron had fully-developed favorites with teammates in their prime

The '15 (minus Kyrie/Love) & '18 Cavs are fully developed super teams? What a clown :oldlol:

SomeBlackDude
02-06-2019, 01:41 PM

imagine bron having to play with young pip, horace, etc when those guys were barely good enough to start in the nba for like 2-3 seasons?

he would've tried trading the entire bulls organization, concessions vendors and all, for pat ewing.

gotten phil fired too.

lepurge.

3ball
02-06-2019, 01:44 PM
The '15 (minus Kyrie/Love) & '18 Cavs are fully developed super teams? What a clown :oldlol:
He had super-teams in 16 and 17', and was the favorite in 15' before the injuries

but lets cut through the BS

ultimately, Lebron's 2-8 record with fully-developed teams against the Spurs/Warriors/Mavs is why he's nowhere near MJ.. let alone 09' and 10'

MJ only lost with growing teams and underdogs.. lebron lost with developed teams and favorites.. case closed

SouBeachTalents
02-06-2019, 01:46 PM
He had super-teams in 16 and 17', and was the favorite in 15' before the injuries

but lets cut through the BS

ultimately, Lebron's 2-8 record with fully-developed teams against the Spurs/Warriors/Mavs is why he's nowhere near MJ.. let alone 09' and 10'

MJ only lost with growing teams.. and underdogs
Yep, still calling the '07, '15 & '18 Cavs superteams :lol Whatever bro, ain't no reasoning with you

3ball
02-06-2019, 01:59 PM
Yep, still calling the '07, '15 & '18 Cavs superteams :lol Whatever bro, ain't no reasoning with you
I beat you bro. Accept it

Your boy lost a bunch with fully-developed teams, whereas mj never did

And it's lebron's fault that he didn't mesh with Kyrie, IT, and Rose, thus preventing a super-team in 18'... And I never called 07' a super-team... and the 15' Warriors weren't a super-team (Klay was 1st time all-star)

Again LeCancer lost a bunch with fully-developed teams and super-teams, whereas mj never did

Matppak
02-06-2019, 02:20 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/dVTXP3fm/8bd81a50eb70b4f479f5a77d891c133d.jpg

This is even funnier coming from a guy named "Warriorfan" :roll: :roll:

So if you want to go buy this I guess Russell Westbrook was the best player in 2017 since he avg a triple double and James Harden has been the best for 2 years. Just cause you dominate the ball so 90% of your teams assist go though you and you don't play defense so you can get 10+ rebs doesnt mean you're winning or the best. Just means you put up empty stats

SouBeachTalents
02-06-2019, 02:38 PM
So if you want to go buy this I guess Russell Westbrook was the best player in 2017 since he avg a triple double and James Harden has been the best for 2 years. Just cause you dominate the ball so 90% of your teams assist go though you and you don't play defense so you can get 10+ rebs doesnt mean you're winning or the best. Just means you put up empty stats
If you bothered to read it, it said he lead in ALL categories, steals & blocks included. But I guess he played no defense leading the series in steals & blocks and put up empty stats while winning the championship

warriorfan
02-06-2019, 02:42 PM
If you bothered to read it, it said he lead in ALL categories, steals & blocks included. But I guess he played no defense leading the series in steals & blocks and put up empty stats while winning the championship

Steph Curry has lead the league in steals and been in the top 3 multiple times.

He

SouBeachTalents
02-06-2019, 02:42 PM
[QUOTE=warriorfan]Steph Curry has lead the league in steals and been in the top 3 multiple times.

He

3ball
02-06-2019, 02:43 PM
It's a fluke

He nearly always loses with fully-developed teams

:confusedshrug:

:roll:

In a year or 2, people will be trying NOT to talk about lebron.. too much of a debacle.. cringeworthy.. people will he happy it's old news..

and they'll be more careful next time before annointing a cancer that can't play with good teamwork

tpols
02-06-2019, 02:46 PM
LeBron has been their washrag for years now.

Matppak
02-06-2019, 03:05 PM

He also lead in 2015 in pts rebs and ast why didn't he win then? If he's played such great defense all these years why did the guy who he has "guarded" win finals mvp the last 4 times? Kyrie defense on curry in that series was better than any defense lebrons played in 5 or 6 years. 17 and 18 he lead in at least 1 category why didn't he win then? Obviously there's more to winning than putting numbers in the box score. Kyrie might not have the best stats in 16 but he was the mvp of that series every lead in the last 3 games of that series was built on kyrie taking over and making some the most insane shots in NBA finals history. The fact is lebron ball needs another player to put up mvp caliber numbers to win and when you don't have someone to put up those numbers to hide your ball dominate stat padding numbers you lose. Kyrie marched if not outplayed curry for 2 straight years lebrons the one who didn't play defense on KD and let him dominate all series long.

knicksman
02-06-2019, 04:19 PM
by now, only a dumbass would think it wasnt the refs