PDA

View Full Version : Pelicans and Celtics seem determined to make Anthony Davis a Celtic this Summer

eliteballer
02-06-2019, 08:15 PM
The New Orleans Pelicans have reached out to the Boston Celtics to discuss the framework of a possible Anthony Davis deal to be completed this offseason.

The Pelicans have sought guarantees from the Celtics surrounding specific packages, but Boston has been reluctant to make absolute promises.

The Celtics, however, have made it clear that no specific player will be off limits in negotiations.

Boston continues to have interest in trading for Davis despite reports he has no interest in committing long-term.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/celtics/2019/02/06/celtics-are-reluctant-make-promises-now-but-they-remain-all-anthony-davis/B98dcbGjn6Xwwwuxe557wL/story.html

Rich Paul right about now, LeBron's boy getting Luca Brasi'd:

https://media1.tenor.com/images/9f17abdfa7da3a386b1222227345c6e8/tenor.gif

PP34Deuce
02-06-2019, 08:19 PM
Would be a great spot for him.

Celtics 1825
02-06-2019, 08:20 PM
I really hope if we do get AD that he ends up changing his mind like PG did and decides to stay with us. Really don't wanna give up our youth for a 1 year rental.

AirBonner
02-06-2019, 08:20 PM
Amazing that Ainge is not even trying and has the Pelicans begging to trade with him meanwhile Magic threw everything but the kitchen sink to get Davis and still failed. Ainge is a boss :bowdown: :applause: :rockon: :pimp:

eliteballer
02-06-2019, 08:34 PM
I really hope if we do get AD that he ends up changing his mind like PG did and decides to stay with us. Really don't wanna give up our youth for a 1 year rental.

I'm sure Garnett and Pierce will be making calls..

FKAri
02-06-2019, 08:36 PM
Celtics do need to make a trade. Too many forwards. Something smaller than AD though. AD might gut the team.

AirBonner
02-06-2019, 08:40 PM
Rozier, Yabusele, and a picks with a guarantee that AD will resign should get the job done. :rockon: :banana:

RealSkipBayless
02-06-2019, 08:48 PM
Pelicans somehow will be shocked when Ainge pulls the rug from under them and Tatum is off limits. That Lakers offer was the best they were gonna get. It

Ben Simmons 25
02-06-2019, 08:50 PM
I'm sure Garnett and Pierce will be making calls..

What rational thing is Pierce going to say? They surrounded me with losers until the end of my career, we got one title in which I was arguably the 4th most important person on my team in said Finals win, and then I got traded to a shitbox franchise a few years later despite giving my entire career to Boston? :D

There is a 0% chance... ZERO PERCENT chance... that the Celtics put forth an offer better than what the Lakers already have. ZERO.

Unless New Orleans is just absolutely sold on Jayson Tatum becoming a top 3 player in the league, no ifs, ands or buts... which I very much doubt... because that is so far from a guarantee and I don't think his current projection is as such.

All that being said... it still wouldn't surprise me because New Orleans is operating on spite. It's pretty clear they'd rather make an emotional move than a rational one.

There is not a single team in the league that will put together a better package than what the Lakers offered. Not one... it's about sending a message, to New Orleans' own detriment. They will always be a shitbox franchise.

Think about it... who doesn't do the best deal for themselves possible out of spite? A shitty franchise.

This would be like... if you had a girlfriend and had some weird form of control over her for another year and a half... she comes to you telling you she wants to **** some other guy, and the dude she wants to **** offers you $1 million to let her go early... and instead you ship her ass out to some other guy that's willing to give you $500k... either way, someone else is going to **** your girl... that ship has sailed... you're just getting less money and your long term prospects are even worse than they otherwise would have been... because of spite. lol.

JohnnySic
02-06-2019, 08:54 PM
You're not getting Tatum or Brown. You can have Rozier, and the draft picks. Well, maybe not the Memphis pick. Its our call, not yours. Remember, we own you. :pimp:

bluechox2
02-06-2019, 08:55 PM
You're not getting Tatum or Brown. You can have Rozier, and the draft picks. Well, maybe not the Memphis pick. Its our call, not yours. Remember, we own you. :pimp:

yea...ad needs someone to play with after kyrie goes to ny...

and no guarantee ad stays...

JohnnySic
02-06-2019, 09:00 PM
What rational thing is Pierce going to say? They surrounded me with losers until the end of my career, we got one title in which I was arguably the 4th most important person on my team in said Finals win, and then I got traded to a shitbox franchise a few years later despite giving my entire career to Boston? :D

There is a 0% chance... ZERO PERCENT chance... that the Celtics put forth an offer better than what the Lakers already have. ZERO.

Unless New Orleans is just absolutely sold on Jayson Tatum becoming a top 3 player in the league, no ifs, ands or buts... which I very much doubt... because that is so far from a guarantee and I don't think his current projection is as such.

All that being said... it still wouldn't surprise me because New Orleans is operating on spite. It's pretty clear they'd rather make an emotional move than a rational one.

There is not a single team in the league that will put together a better package than what the Lakers offered. Not one... it's about sending a message, to New Orleans' own detriment. They will always be a shitbox franchise.

Think about it... who doesn't do the best deal for themselves possible out of spite? A shitty franchise.

Just off the top of my head:

The Raptors could offer Siakam/VanVleet/Ibaka

The Bucks could offer Middleton/Bledsoe/Maker, or Middleton/Brogdan/DiVecenzo + filler

The Magic could offer Gordon or Fornier/Isaac/Bamba + picks

I dunno about you but I'd take any of those over the Lakers' offer

Ben Simmons 25
02-06-2019, 09:01 PM
Just off the top of my head:

The Raptors could offer Siakam/VanVleet/Ibaka

The Bucks could offer Middleton/Bledsoe/Maker, or Middleton/Brogdan/DiVecenzo + filler

The Magic could offer Gordon or Fornier/Isaac/Bamba + picks

I duuno about you but I'd take any of those over the Lakers' offer

Could and would are extremely different things. I know... I know... there's only a one letter difference between the words. I know. But trust me, they're different.

And the Lakers package is still better than anything you listed. There is way more potential upside with the Lakers deal than those 3.

JohnnySic
02-06-2019, 09:05 PM
Could and would are extremely different things. I know... I know... there's only a one letter difference between the words. I know. But trust me, they're different.

And the Lakers package is still better than anything you listed. There is way more potential upside with the Lakers deal than those 3.
C'mon, the Lakers have one guy worth a spit and that's Ingram, and that's IF he reaches his potential. Kuzma is just a solid role player and Ball isn't even that.

JohnnySic
02-06-2019, 09:07 PM
EDIT: Didn't realize that the Bucks Bucks already traded Maker. :oldlol: