PDA

View Full Version : How good of a GM is Danny Ainge?

AirBonner
02-06-2019, 08:45 PM
He is just chilling sitting back with his feet up and has the Pelicans begging to trade with him. Meanwhile Magic threw everything but the kitchen sink to get a deal done and still failed. :oldlol:

In Danny we trust :bowdown:

PP34Deuce
02-06-2019, 09:05 PM
Danny has been great last 4 years. Before that he was very rocky.

I think the main thing is he learns from it.

Hes still obsessed with drafting combo guards though

dbugz
02-06-2019, 09:07 PM
^NO will be forced to make a trade with Ainge now this summer because they gonna look really bad for snobbing magic and his "all in" offer. :oldlol:

JohnnySic
02-06-2019, 09:08 PM
Danny has been great last 4 years. Before that he was very rocky.

I think the main thing is he learns from it.

Hes still obsessed with drafting combo guards though
And short, fat power forwards. Glen Davis, Sullinger, Yabusele etc.

ImKobe
02-06-2019, 09:24 PM
Boston ain't giving up no damn Tatum if AD isn't willing to play there long term.

This idiot is asking him to basically confirm a deal 5 months ahead of time, how ****ing stupid is Demps really?

PP34Deuce
02-07-2019, 12:04 AM
And short, fat power forwards. Glen Davis, Sullinger, Yabusele etc.

Dont forget about Michael sweeney.

Celtics 1825
02-07-2019, 12:26 AM
The best. King of fleecing :pimp:

elementally morale
02-07-2019, 12:29 AM
About as good as Boston is as a team. Pretty good. Not the best.

Jasper
02-07-2019, 10:51 AM
I remember the day when Paul Peirce thought he was a dick , and moved on.

Ainge is a little prick head , but when moves are required they are made ... Kyrie was a good move.

But this AD crap , I'd lov to see AD play for the Celtics for one year and LEAVE.:pimp:

Wally450
02-07-2019, 11:09 AM
About to build the next Boston sports dynasty, so I'd say pretty damn good. :pimp:

Celtics 1825
02-07-2019, 12:04 PM
About to build the next Boston sports dynasty, so I'd say pretty damn good. :pimp:
We about to eat real good bois :banana: :pimp:

ronniec
02-07-2019, 12:16 PM
He is not perfect, and Ainge is not, but I want him to be our GM for a very long time.

Manny98
06-18-2019, 07:52 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/ycCD6qTrOX10TRnsxA/giphy.gif

Vino24
06-18-2019, 07:54 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/ycCD6qTrOX10TRnsxA/giphy.gif
What team were you cheering for when this thread was made? literally lost count after 5 teams

scuzzy
06-18-2019, 07:56 PM
free OP

Manny98
06-18-2019, 07:57 PM
I have only cheered for the Nets/LeBron

How about that Rozier max contract tho :oldlol:

Vino24
06-18-2019, 07:59 PM
I have only cheered for the Nets/LeBron

How about that Rozier max contract tho :oldlol:
:biggums: Celtics are not maxing him. however, they will be knocking kyrie out of the playoffs with him starting :pimp:

Manny98
06-18-2019, 08:01 PM
Rozier + Tatum + Brown ain't winning shit without Horford and Kyrie

Celtics are back to being a lottery team

Vino24
06-18-2019, 08:02 PM
Rozier + Tatum + Brown ain't winning shit without Horford and Kyrie

Celtics are back to being a lottery team
you wish baby boy

Kiddlovesnets
06-18-2019, 08:43 PM
He

bobopenguin
06-18-2019, 09:27 PM
where's this angie magic now? :lol :lol :lol

FireDavidKahn
06-18-2019, 09:36 PM
Lately he's been focused on winning trades rather than winning championships.

scuzzy
06-18-2019, 09:42 PM
can't put it all on Ainge

to think they made it to the ECF last year without Kyrie/Hayward

2019 was suppose to be their Finals run this year and Kyrie n Co blew it.

The pieces were there, the vets simply didn't click with the youngins

now you have a bunch of pouting babies spewing in Boston

FireDavidKahn
06-18-2019, 09:46 PM
can't put it all on Ainge

to think they made it to the ECF last year without Kyrie/Hayword

2019 was suppose to be their Finals run this year and Kyrie n Co blew it.

The pieces were there, the vets simply didn't click with the youngins

now you have a bunch of pouting babies spewing in Boston
Sure you can. How many stars has Ainge passed on over the past few years that were available in trades?

Ainge should have done what Ujiri did and went for Kawhi.

They had a shot at a championship and were content instead of trying to get better.

scuzzy
06-18-2019, 09:55 PM
Sure you can. How many stars has Ainge passed on over the past few years that were available in trades?

Ainge should have done what Ujiri did and went for Kawhi.

They had a shot at a championship and were content instead of trying to get better.
Ainge has always been skimpy with assets :lol

But srs Jaylen, Tatum and Rozier looked like completely different players last post season and blossoming stars. I don't think anyone was entertaining the Leonard idea in Boston at the time last summer, especially 1ndone Kawhit scandals the past 2 years

FireDavidKahn
06-18-2019, 10:00 PM
Ainge has always been skimpy with assets :lol

But srs Jaylen, Tatum and Rozier looked like completely different players last post season and blossoming stars. I don't think anyone was entertaining the Leonard idea in Boston at the time last summer, especially 1ndone Kawhit scandals the past 2 years
But they did the Raptors?:lol

Raptors pretty much came in at the last second in the sweepstakes for Kawhi. And it isn't even like Boston didn't have a bunch of assets, they could have offered a boat load without emptying the cupboard.

RealSkipBayless
06-18-2019, 10:41 PM
Dude had what? 2 Nets picks, Lakers, and Grizzlies pick when Jimmy Butler and Paul George were asking out. Didn't do jack shit. Gets a Kings pick. Kawhi becomes available, does nothing.

After you cashed in all those assets, all it ended up amounting to was Tatum and Brown? Kyrie and Rozier bolted. Horford sees the east improving and doesn't want to babysit a bunch of kids. He wants out.

Now the only move is to hope a free agent wants to go there after the IT scandal? :lol YIKES.

Vino24
06-18-2019, 10:45 PM
Dude had what? 2 Nets picks, Lakers, and Grizzlies pick when Jimmy Butler and Paul George were asking out. Didn't do jack shit. Gets a Kings pick. Kawhi becomes available, does nothing.

After you cashed in all those assets, all it ended up amounting to was Tatum and Brown? Kyrie and Rozier bolted. Horford sees the east improving and doesn't want to babysit a bunch of kids. He wants out.

Now the only move is to hope a free agent wants to go there after the IT scandal? :lol YIKES.
Reminder the mid 2000s pistons were comprised of a bunch of role players. Not saying the Celtics will do it but sometimes its more about the right combination of players than anything else.

jbryan1984
06-18-2019, 11:11 PM
I respect most of the big deals he did. Getting Allen and KG certainly played off but to get rid of KG and Pierce on their last leg and sacrifice just a few years to get picks like Rozier, Brown, Tatum..... That is certainly pretty good when you can do that. The Kyrie deal made very good sense at the time as well. Gave him an excuse to not pay IT as well.

PP34Deuce
06-18-2019, 11:17 PM
Danny held onto assets too long and was afraid to take huge moves.

Part of it was he waited for lebron to decline or leave..problem is he refused to make plays to truly take the team next level