PDA

View Full Version : Manny 98, lets discuss game 3 2007 LA vs Phx

The Iron Fist
02-07-2019, 01:58 PM
You insist the Lakers were swept in 2007.

Lakers 95
Suns 89

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200704260LAL.html

Do you even know what a sweep is?

Oh wait. You

TheCorporation
02-07-2019, 02:00 PM
Still, the question remains: Can LeBron clean up Kobe's 5-year mess?

The Iron Fist
02-07-2019, 02:01 PM
You posted under the wrong name.

TheCorporation
02-07-2019, 02:03 PM
You posted under the wrong name.

Whoops

superduper
02-07-2019, 02:05 PM
Since I've been educated on ISH by 2 people with 30 accounts that Pau Gasol was the true FMVP and best player that LED the Lakers to the promise land of champions not once but TWICE, why is it that he went 0-4 and got swept in the first round in 2013 as the first option with THREE ALLSTARS alongside STEVE NASH and DWIGHT HOWARD?

He finally had his chance to prove himself as a first option with cancerous ChuckBe/BrickBe out. Why did he get swept with multiple allstars on his team? Why wasn't Pau able to win a single game in the first round let alone winning the finals and FMVP!?

In fact, they lost each game by an average of 16pts straight into a sweep. Why did the true FMVP go 0-12 before Kobe and then 0-4 when he finally had his chance to prove himself as the true first option and FMVP as the first option? Should he not have been able to carry the Lakers through the playoffs and the finals and win FMVP as he supposedly did in '09 and '10?

And please no irrelevant deflections in terms of out of context stats that are unrelated to 2013, please try to stay on the topic at hand.

Thank you.

FKAri
02-07-2019, 02:06 PM
According to the Cambridge dictionary[1] to sweep in this context means, "to win all the parts of a competition, or to win very easily". So unless you want to argue that the Suns did not win the series easily, I consider it a sweep.

I rule in favor of the defendant, Manny98. Case closed.

Citations:
[1] https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/sweep

The Iron Fist
02-07-2019, 02:12 PM
According to the Cambridge dictionary[1] to sweep in this context means, "to win all the parts of a competition, or to win very easily". So unless you want to argue that the Suns did not win the series easily, I consider it a sweep.

I rule in favor of the defendant, Manny98. Case closed.

Citations:
[1] https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/sweep
Looks like lebron has been swept 6 times in the finals :applause:

FKAri
02-07-2019, 02:25 PM
Looks like lebron has been swept 6 times in the finals :applause:
He's always dominant. Thus, never swept. And KD is on the hardest road. Thus, he can never sweep. :applause:

The Iron Fist
02-07-2019, 02:27 PM
He's always dominant. Thus, never swept. And KD is on the hardest road. Thus, he can never sweep. :applause:
Losing finals 4-0,4-1,4-2 isnt dominant. It means the other team won easily. :applause: Congratulations. Your own logic devoured you.

Manny98
02-07-2019, 03:03 PM
Gentleman's Sweep

When a team wins a playoff series, but loses one game in the series. A team is said to have let the other team win one game before sweeping them.

The Iron Fist
02-07-2019, 03:04 PM
Gentleman's Sweep

When a team wins a playoff series, but loses one game in the series. A team is said to have let the other team win one game before sweeping them.
Lebron swept 6 times in the finals:applause:

ImKobe
02-07-2019, 03:09 PM
Kobe had to score half of his team's points just to eek out a win :facepalm

tells you all you need to know about the garbage roster he had

ImKobe
02-07-2019, 03:10 PM
Gentleman's Sweep

Lebron got swept 6 times in the Finals

yikers

Celtics 1825
02-07-2019, 03:11 PM
Gentleman's Sweep

So by that logic LeBron got swept 4 times I guess

The Iron Fist
02-07-2019, 03:16 PM
Lebron got swept 6 times in the Finals

yikers

LeSweptoverandoveragain:roll:

Hey Yo
02-07-2019, 03:28 PM
How about we talk about Kobe right after getting ousted in the 1st round in 2007 for the 2nd straight season.

"Bryant let it be known after the game that changes must come.

"Do it and do it now," he said. "Personally for me, it's beyond frustration -- three years and still being at ground zero. This summer's a big summer. We have to see what direction we want to take as an organization and make those steps and make them now."

http://www.espn.com/nba/recap?gameId=270502021

:mad: :cry: :cry:

Translation:

I finally see how hard it is being the franchise player. I need moar help!!!!!!!!!!!

Manny98
02-07-2019, 03:33 PM
Imagine choking a 3-1 lead to Steve Nash and then getting swept the year after :roll: :roll: :roll:

The Iron Fist
02-07-2019, 03:40 PM
How about we talk about Kobe right after getting ousted in the 1st round in 2007 for the 2nd straight season.

"Bryant let it be known after the game that changes must come.

"Do it and do it now," he said. "Personally for me, it's beyond frustration -- three years and still being at ground zero. This summer's a big summer. We have to see what direction we want to take as an organization and make those steps and make them now."

http://www.espn.com/nba/recap?gameId=270502021

:mad: :cry: :cry:

Translation:

I finally see how hard it is being the franchise player. I need moar help!!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds good to me. Won back to back championships because he pushed the fo to do better. And they did. All players need quality teammates. Now can you post the link where Kobe says he didnt need quality teammates and could win a title with bums? Id love to see it.

The Iron Fist
02-07-2019, 03:41 PM
Imagine choking a 3-1 lead to Steve Nash and then getting swept the year after :roll: :roll: :roll:
Imagine being the chosen one and getting swept 6 times in the finals?

The frozen one

Manny98
02-07-2019, 03:50 PM
LeBron never got swept before the finals

Kobe on the other hand...

Manny98
02-07-2019, 03:57 PM
Imagine being the chosen one and getting swept 6 times in the finals?

The frozen one
Imagine being the black mamba and getting swept by Jason Terry :roll:

SouBeachTalents
02-07-2019, 03:57 PM
Imagine being the chosen one and getting outscored in the Finals by Jason Terry

ImKobe
02-07-2019, 03:59 PM

Kobe and Terry both scored more than Lebron.

FKAri
02-07-2019, 04:01 PM
Losing finals 4-0,4-1,4-2 isnt dominant. It means the other team won easily. :applause: Congratulations. Your own logic devoured you.
Nope. LeDong's been dominant. Check his $tat$.

The Iron Fist
02-07-2019, 04:03 PM
Nope. LeDong's been dominant. Check his $tat$.
Cant be dominant in a losing effort especially when you get swept 6 times while giving up so much ass that the guy across from you wins finals mvp

Hey Yo
02-07-2019, 04:06 PM
Sounds good to me. Won back to back championships because he pushed the fo to do better. And they did. All players need quality teammates. Now can you post the link where Kobe says he didnt need quality teammates and could win a title with bums? Id love to see it.
Your hero on your bedroom ceiling finally got to see how hard it was to lead a team solo after 3yrs of getting his shit pushed in. He didn't have the comfort to lean on Shaq Daddy anymore.

It's just funny to see him meltdown and demand more help considering he had it easy his first 9yrs. With the first 2 of those years were him passing out towels and water during timeouts.

The Iron Fist
02-07-2019, 04:07 PM
Your hero on your bedroom ceiling finally got to see how hard it was to lead a team solo after 3yrs of getting his shit pushed in. He didn't have the comfort to lean on Shaq Daddy anymore.

It's just funny to see him meltdown and demand more help considering he had it easy his first 9yrs. With the first 2 of those years were him passing out towels and water during timeouts.
Lean on Shaq? He won more than Shaq after and in total. Any links where Kobe said he wanted to win with scrubs?

kennethgriffen
02-07-2019, 04:08 PM

theres nobody left from when kobe played

zeerghit
02-07-2019, 04:09 PM
Since I've been educated on ISH by 2 people with 30 accounts that Pau Gasol was the true FMVP and best player that LED the Lakers to the promise land of champions not once but TWICE, why is it that he went 0-4 and got swept in the first round in 2013 as the first option with THREE ALLSTARS alongside STEVE NASH and DWIGHT HOWARD?

He finally had his chance to prove himself as a first option with cancerous ChuckBe/BrickBe out. Why did he get swept with multiple allstars on his team? Why wasn't Pau able to win a single game in the first round let alone winning the finals and FMVP!?

In fact, they lost each game by an average of 16pts straight into a sweep. Why did the true FMVP go 0-12 before Kobe and then 0-4 when he finally had his chance to prove himself as the true first option and FMVP as the first option? Should he not have been able to carry the Lakers through the playoffs and the finals and win FMVP as he supposedly did in '09 and '10?

And please no irrelevant deflections in terms of out of context stats that are unrelated to 2013, please try to stay on the topic at hand.

Thank you.
http://insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13587217&postcount=11

Hey Yo
02-07-2019, 04:11 PM
Terry was Kobe's direct assignment and he f*ckin' torched Kobe by shooting 58% from the field and 68% on 3PA.

Manny98
02-07-2019, 04:14 PM
None of them were being held back by a ballhog like LeBron was

Everyone who watched that series live knows danm well Wade was the reason Miami lost

To stubborn to let LeBron be the alpha

Hey Yo
02-07-2019, 04:19 PM
Lean on Shaq? He won more than Shaq after and in total. Any links where Kobe said he wanted to win with scrubs?
Yes.... lean on Shaq. The guy who was the franchise player and focal point of the offense.

Yes Kobe won more after Shaq because Shaq was never a franchise player after he left. He was never first option cause his prime was done while Kobe was just entering his.

Kobe has 2 franchise player rings. Those are the ones that count. Shaq'ds 3 > Kobe's 2.

Kobe didn't have to say he wanted to win by himself. He tried to in 2004 and got embarrassed by 2nd year Prince. Then after 3yrs of trying to again by himself, he publicly cried for help and then demanded to be traded.

Not easy when you have to carry the team. Definitely a learning lesson for him.