eliteballer
02-08-2019, 02:03 PM
Should be a good one.

r0drig0lac
02-08-2019, 02:06 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/tOWyML1WPzKjm/giphy.gif

Akeem34TheDream
02-08-2019, 02:22 PM
It's gonna turn into a whites vs blacks thing because of Jokic and Embiid.

NuggetsFan
02-08-2019, 02:27 PM

It shouldn't. Both are great players.

As a Nuggets fan I actually think Embiid is the far safer bet in terms of a 1 vs 1 matchup. Jokic has improved alot defensively this season, but most players can't guard him let alone Jokic.

Nuggets D about to get absolutely destroyed tonight. Going to need the 3's to be falling. Hopefully Harris/Millsap are healthy and can play. Need a full roster for Philly.

RRR3
02-08-2019, 02:32 PM
It shouldn't. Both are great players.

As a Nuggets fan I actually think Embiid is the far safer bet in terms of a 1 vs 1 matchup. Jokic has improved alot defensively this season, but most players can't guard him let alone Jokic.

Nuggets D about to get absolutely destroyed tonight. Going to need the 3's to be falling. Hopefully Harris/Millsap are healthy and can play. Need a full roster for Philly.
Harris isn’t playing. I own him in fantasy, man. He’s torpedoed my team way too much this year.

Akeem34TheDream
02-08-2019, 02:34 PM
I am not a fan of Denver so a fan would know better ofc but Denver seems to get the wins even without Harris or Murray. Jokic-ball really elevates guards.

superduper
02-08-2019, 02:45 PM
I am not a fan of Denver so a fan would know better ofc but Denver seems to get the wins even without Harris or Murray. Jokic-ball really elevates guards.

To be fair, Murray is a beast. I need to see more of Harris.

Murray can create his own offense but Jokic is definitely a transcendent passer and 100% elevates his teammates.

NuggetsFan
02-08-2019, 02:53 PM
[QUOTE=RRR3]Harris isn

NuggetsFan
02-08-2019, 02:55 PM

I mean Jokic is the driving force for sure. Malik Bealsey/Monte Morris are great players in there own right. I think Beasley could wind up being pretty amazing in a few years.

Still if Harris is healthy like he was last season he has a big impact on the game. Murray is better than Morris.

With a healthy Murray/Harris it makes our bench filthy. Without them or 1 of them you lose that depth which is big when you only have 1 All-Star.

Akeem34TheDream
02-08-2019, 03:15 PM
I am really curious to see what they'll do in playoffs. The match up will be very important and i hope it won't be vs Lakers.(too good for first round)

Mask the Embiid
02-08-2019, 03:24 PM
Jokic is an offensive version of Draymond Green.

Embiid is a center version of Durant.

Those 2 things are not = if you havent noticed :oldlol:

AD is our competition not jokic not kat :lol

we know this is a big game for jokic fans....its not for us.Hate to break it you.

LeBron only gets up for matchups vs Kobe's or Durant's of the world.....We know the Paul George's of the world may get up for him but not the other way around little fella :oldlol:

Curry gets up for Kyrie not for jamal murray/d'angelo russell

now dont get me wrong....big wiggle is still going to push this kids shit in...but he naturally does that...he's not getting ramped up for this game to prove a point like some others :oldlol:

NuggetsFan
02-08-2019, 03:45 PM
Jokic is an offensive version of Draymond Green.

I fully expect Embiid to win the matchup tonight. He's better 1 vs 1 where Jokic is far more like a PG who makes other betters around him. Jokic is the GOAT passing C who is a threat inside, outside, and from midrange. Green comparisons are silly.

I'm not even saying Jokic is better. I think he's a better fit for our team, but league wide Embiid being better makes sense. To act like there not close tho? Just false.

http://bkref.com/tiny/tAzDm

Embiid has better raw stats. Jokic has him beat in ORtg, WS's, BPM, PER etc. How many players lead there team in PPG, APG, RPG, and SPG? Let alone as a C? :confusedshrug:

You don't gotta trash Jokic to prop up Embiid. Not with how great Embiid has been this season.

r0drig0lac
02-08-2019, 04:03 PM
yes, the lifeless jerks are starting to intensify with this bullshit in ish

Celtics 1825
02-08-2019, 04:47 PM
Go Joker

fourkicks44
02-08-2019, 06:36 PM
Embiid is under the weather and is a game time decision.

He he doesn't play does Brown play Boban for 40 mins?

Rudeboy3
02-08-2019, 08:06 PM
The best center in the league vs a fat choker in emchoke

Jokic got this :banana:

MrFonzworth
02-08-2019, 08:16 PM
:-)

MrFonzworth
02-08-2019, 08:20 PM
Plumlee is a baller.

E_Stamkos
02-08-2019, 08:21 PM
Tobias

r0drig0lac
02-08-2019, 08:21 PM
76ers looks scary

bigkingsfan
02-08-2019, 08:22 PM
Nugs can't handle Beastern Conference

MrFonzworth
02-08-2019, 08:41 PM
Big Dick Mc:applause:

fourkicks44
02-08-2019, 08:42 PM
Korkmaz playing for his career :applause:

MrFonzworth
02-08-2019, 08:49 PM
All these big names, can't forget about JJ

fourkicks44
02-08-2019, 08:57 PM
I like this squad :applause:

Jokic getting nothing in the paint with Boban in there.

Jimmy getting looks now too :applause:

Hey Yo
02-08-2019, 09:04 PM
How did Simmons miss that dunk?

Touched from behind?

90sgoat
02-08-2019, 09:07 PM
76ers are BAD on defense

tpols
02-08-2019, 09:10 PM
The 76ers have 4 all stars :roll:

Jokic working miracles out here.

Celtics 1825
02-08-2019, 09:10 PM
Simmons almost made a 3 WTF :biggums: :biggums:

Manny98
02-08-2019, 09:14 PM
EmShrink 1/8 :roll: :roll: :roll:

Rudeboy3
02-08-2019, 09:18 PM
jokic dad dicking emchoke :roll: :roll: :roll: :banana:

masonanddixon
02-08-2019, 09:19 PM
Jokice>>>>>>>>>>Embiid

90sgoat
02-08-2019, 09:28 PM
Reddick carrying Embiid:facepalm

fourkicks44
02-08-2019, 09:29 PM
JJ Bigdick :bowdown:

Celtics 1825
02-08-2019, 09:30 PM
JJ out here aimbotting

Rudeboy3
02-08-2019, 09:30 PM
JJ carrying emchoke again :facepalm

90sgoat
02-08-2019, 09:34 PM
This is what Reddick and Fredette could have done if they got a fair chance in the league.

Celtics 1825
02-08-2019, 09:35 PM
Where you at Mask the Embiid? :oldlol:

90sgoat
02-08-2019, 09:35 PM
Jokic is FEASTING on Embiid.

Scoring at will.

Rudeboy3
02-08-2019, 09:36 PM
is emhoe even playing? Haven't seen him whole game :roll: :roll: :roll:

Manny98
02-08-2019, 09:37 PM
is emhoe even playing? Haven't seen him whole game :roll: :roll: :roll:
:roll:

Celtics 1825
02-08-2019, 09:42 PM
Ugly af quarter

Rudeboy3
02-08-2019, 09:44 PM
emchoke with that GOAT 1-11 performance so far. Big dick jokic straight clamping him up :banana:

GOBB
02-08-2019, 09:47 PM
Embiid has stomach virus. Don

Rudeboy3
02-08-2019, 09:50 PM
[QUOTE=GOBB]Embiid has stomach virus. Don

RealSkipBayless
02-08-2019, 09:52 PM
Embiid always playing thru the pain. Bad back or stomach pain? Dude is out there giving it his all.

Next guy to be the best player in the world once Lebron steps down. :rockon:

NuggetsFan
02-08-2019, 09:57 PM
I don't even care about 1 vs 1 matchups. Embiid could come out in the 4th and destroy the Nuggets and Jokic could just put up brick after brick.

Let's not pretend that Jokic isn't putting in work defensively, and Embiid isn't missing shots. Stomach virus, sick etc. whatever. He's had looks bothered at the rim. Not saying Jokic is better or overreacting to any conclusion but Jokic and the Nuggets have put in work on Embiid so far .. could change with a player like Embiid at any time but no excuses.

Manny98
02-08-2019, 10:12 PM
76ers got their closer :applause:

GOBB
02-08-2019, 10:16 PM
Yet no mention of Jokic stinking it up right with Embiid? Solid. Jokic is getting buckets when Embiid is out. Listen you want no excuses and want to talk up Jokic defending Embiid? Do it for the reverse. Thanks.

And as I type Jokic scored on Embiid. Oh wait...

Manny98
02-08-2019, 10:17 PM
Jokic is easily the best 6'11+ passer the league has ever seen :bowdown:

GOBB
02-08-2019, 10:24 PM
Great block by Embiid

Celtics 1825
02-08-2019, 10:28 PM
Nuggets on a 3 game losing streak :eek:

NuggetsFan
02-08-2019, 10:34 PM
Yet no mention of Jokic stinking it up right with Embiid? Solid. Jokic is getting buckets when Embiid is out. Listen you want no excuses and want to talk up Jokic defending Embiid? Do it for the reverse. Thanks.

And as I type Jokic scored on Embiid. Oh wait...

Your a joke dude. Jokic destroyed Embiid tonight. Literally zero takes otherwise. Boban was far more dangerous vs Jokic.

Philly's a great team. A better team than the Nuggets. You have 4 All-Stars + Reddick. Nuggets have one of the younger teams in the league. Missing 2 starters. No excuses .. cause Philly was better. 32 FT's to to 13? Still .. no excuses Philly was better.

Jokic ate Embiid's lunch. Quit with the bullshit. Only reason tonight wasn't a blowout.

NuggetsFan
02-08-2019, 10:37 PM
Nuggets on a 3 game losing streak :eek:

Injuries finally catching up. Plus we've been playing better than we actually are. Nuggets are still 2-3 years away. Jokic has just been going insane to inflate our record. Like tonight.

Nuggets are pretenders that are too young with an MVP candidate that is tricking people into actually thinking we can make noise.

NugzFan
02-08-2019, 10:55 PM
Wish we won but tonight

Mr Exlax
02-08-2019, 11:01 PM
Eat shit Noogets

GOBB
02-08-2019, 11:28 PM
So now Boban played better defense on Jokic than Embiid? Jesus Christ I

GOBB
02-08-2019, 11:31 PM
[QUOTE=NugzFan]Wish we won but tonight

NugzFan
02-08-2019, 11:36 PM
[QUOTE=GOBB]The only argument in here is Jokic being dickeaten. I don

GOBB
02-08-2019, 11:40 PM
Is this referencing sixer fans?

They bring up embiid vs jokic far more than we ever do.

Maybe it

NugzFan
02-08-2019, 11:50 PM
[QUOTE=GOBB]Maybe it

Mask the Embiid
02-09-2019, 12:04 AM
Nuggets need Millsap back asap.They are terrible without their anchor and best player.

Great team win tonight fellas.Big Wiggle was out there playing with a bad back and sick as a dog.Still managed to close the show when he needed though, idk how big fella does it every single night.

tpols
02-09-2019, 12:24 AM
Nuggets need Millsap back asap.They are terrible without their anchor and best player.

Great team win tonight fellas.Big Wiggle was out there playing with a bad back and sick as a dog.Still managed to close the show when he needed though, idk how big fella does it every single night.

How's it feel knowing the eastern euro dwarfs your Cameroonian brethren?

fourkicks44
02-09-2019, 12:35 AM

How's it feel knowing the eastern euro dwarfs your Cameroonian brethren?

BTW Sixers won.

tpols
02-09-2019, 12:37 AM
BTW Sixers won.

Id hope so... They were at home with 4 all star talents vs 1.

NuggetsFan
02-09-2019, 01:07 AM
Philly is going to make noise. So much talent. Embiid got destroyed yet who cares. Embiid has another gear too.

Philly is dangerous. Philly with Embiid going wild .. no thanks :oldlol:

Paul George 24
02-09-2019, 04:59 AM
Philly is going to make noise. So much talent. Embiid got destroyed yet who cares. Embiid has another gear too.

Philly is dangerous. Philly with Embiid going wild .. no thanks :oldlol:
Embiid Illness tonite

GOBB
02-09-2019, 07:53 AM
Right above you mention jokic playing poorly and only scoring when embiid is out

Nice reach. So basically no one in this thread talked up Embiid > Jokic. All I wanted to know.

DMAVS41
02-09-2019, 09:08 AM
Sixers still need another guard imo.

I don't know what the future holds with Butler (not sure he fits or he'll get the contract he wants from Philly), but if they got Wes Matthews, for example, I really think they could make the finals and have roughly a 20% chance to beat the Warriors.

Which seems low, but it really isn't.

Hope we see either the Bucks or Sixers in the finals because they have the best chance to beat the Warriors unless Gordon Hayward randomly starts playing like the player he was pre-injury.

chocolatethunder
02-09-2019, 10:50 AM
Sixers still need another guard imo.

I don't know what the future holds with Butler (not sure he fits or he'll get the contract he wants from Philly), but if they got Wes Matthews, for example, I really think they could make the finals and have roughly a 20% chance to beat the Warriors.

Which seems low, but it really isn't.

Hope we see either the Bucks or Sixers in the finals because they have the best chance to beat the Warriors unless Gordon Hayward randomly starts playing like the player he was pre-injury.
I agree w all of this.

How Butler fits is up to him. I used to love him then three years ago he went from supercoachable to uncoachable asshole. He was low key awesome last night.

Also really wanted them to land Matthews. I am very happy w all the moves they made and really think Scott and Boban have been overlooked and undervalued in the return of that trade.

I wish Smith was healthy all year because even as a rookie 5-10 min of his hustle and athleticism would be worth something.

I honestly don

DMAVS41
02-09-2019, 10:55 AM
I agree w all of this.

How Butler fits is up to him. I used to love him then three years ago he went from supercoachable to uncoachable asshole. He was low key awesome last night.

Also really wanted them to land Matthews. I am very happy w all the moves they made and really think Scott and Boban have been overlooked and undervalued in the return of that trade.

I wish Smith was healthy all year because even as a rookie 5-10 min of his hustle and athleticism would be worth something.

I honestly don’t think the Sixers or Bucks have much of a chance to beat the Warriors this year. I have very little faith in teams that shake up their roster midseason. Next year, w a proper training camp, yes, they are both capable of truly contending.

Yea, Zaire would be a nice luxury...unlucky with health this year.

I agree they don't have much of a chance, but I do think it is higher than what most would probably think.

I understand what you are saying about shaking up rosters, but for the Bucks specifically...they just added a guy that will fit perfectly and if it doesn't work for some reason...you can just go back to normal rotations.

I'd be shocked if the Bucks didn't just get like 10% for the playoffs with Nikola.

Philly might see more chemistry issues, but I'd also be pretty surprised if they weren't noticeably better in the playoffs. Also, for what it is worth...and maybe this matters more than we talk about...Tobias Harris seems like a genuinely good person that people would enjoy being around. Boban as well obviously. That might matter a lot in a situation like this.

chocolatethunder
02-09-2019, 11:12 AM
Yea, Zaire would be a nice luxury...unlucky with health this year.

I agree they don't have much of a chance, but I do think it is higher than what most would probably think.

I understand what you are saying about shaking up rosters, but for the Bucks specifically...they just added a guy that will fit perfectly and if it doesn't work for some reason...you can just go back to normal rotations.

I'd be shocked if the Bucks didn't just get like 10% for the playoffs with Nikola.

Philly might see more chemistry issues, but I'd also be pretty surprised if they weren't noticeably better in the playoffs. Also, for what it is worth...and maybe this matters more than we talk about...Tobias Harris seems like a genuinely good person that people would enjoy being around. Boban as well obviously. That might matter a lot in a situation like this.

If they were playing a team with no trophies already, I

NuggetsFan
02-09-2019, 02:00 PM
[QUOTE=GOBB]So now Boban played better defense on Jokic than Embiid? Jesus Christ I

GOBB
02-09-2019, 03:39 PM
Yeah Philly turning it over was why the game was close. Couldn't have been the 27 point triple double. Of course not, only turnovers. Your not exposing anything but how irrational you are. You have your mind made up, and yet I'm the homer?

What's hilarious is I'm not saying, nor have I ever said, Jokic is straight up better than Embiid. Just think they have similar impact and it's an either or situation with Embiid having the higher ceiling. Stats back it up, MVP rankings back it up, most people have caught on. There's trolls on both sides. Look at that Mask the Embid dude on the first page.

Look at points off turnovers. Your team lost by 7 in spite of that magnficent 27pt triple double. Sixers don

NuggetsFan
02-09-2019, 04:05 PM
[QUOTE=GOBB]Look at points off turnovers. Your team lost by 7 in spite of that magnficent 27pt triple double. Sixers don

NugzFan
02-09-2019, 07:28 PM

Wait you think millsap is better than jokic?

NugzFan
02-09-2019, 07:30 PM
Nice reach. So basically no one in this thread talked up Embiid > Jokic. All I wanted to know.

How is that a reach? You did exactly that.

If you want more examples, try any thread started by mask the embiid.

Philly fans have compared embiid to jokic many times. To imply it never happens is hilarious

NugzFan
02-09-2019, 07:32 PM
Acting like it's just turnovers is insane tho. Nuggets shot like 23% from 3, and it was 32 FT's to 13. I'd say both those things were far more crucial than the turnovers. Philly has 17 TO's to Denver's 12. Philly took 4 less 3's, yet made 4 more. If Jokic doesn't have a monster game, this would have been a blowout. He had 3 steals and was bothering guys in the passing lane all night too, so he played a factor in the turnovers.

Won't find many thinking he's better? A ton of people have Jokic above Embiid in the MVP race dude. Advanced stats all suggest Jokic's better. Jokic will make an All-NBA team this year. Look at reddit, real GM etc. I'd say Embiid is the more popular choice, but it's certainly a debate. Embiid certainly has more awards currently because Jokic is currently playing his 2nd season above 30 MPG.

This is why your irrational. You mention Embiid's block and scoring in Jokic's face with a jumper, which is true, was a good play. Jokic was doing that to Embiid all night long and bothering every shot he took at the rim yet no mention of that from you. Or you'll say Embiid was sick. Yet you'll still mention the positives while ignoring the negatives.

Don