PDA

View Full Version : Giannis is a crazy athlete

90sgoat
02-08-2019, 10:19 PM
This guy is legit, I'll admit it.

Lacking in skill, but the way I see it, he's a center running the floor.

He has to be at least 7 foot, but moves like he is 6'7''.

I'm sort of feeling Hakeem in his coordination for his size, however what he really is: Kevin Garnett.

He is Kevin Garnett but much faster. KG had a nice shooting touch though.

KG, that's Giannis.

Vragrant
02-08-2019, 10:35 PM

I'm sort of feeling Hakeem in his coordination for his size, however what he really is: Kevin Garnett.

KG, that's Giannis.

I don't see him as an analog to KG but I see where you are going. That being said along with being quicker/faster/explosive he is MUCH stronger. He would snap KG in half. He bullies other big men with little effort.

Giannis combination of power/finesse in that frame is like nothing I've ever seen. It's extraordinary, I haven't seen anything quite like it.

Mr. Jabbar
02-08-2019, 10:38 PM
His dominance/skill/control is unlike anything I've ever seen since Jordan

Rudeboy3
02-08-2019, 10:43 PM

KG, that's Giannis.
You're a ****ing retard :biggums:

90sgoat
02-08-2019, 10:54 PM
You're a ****ing retard :biggums:

:roll:

Yes, compared to someone like Hakeem, he is straight up a primitive brute.

Bronbron23
02-08-2019, 10:55 PM
He has the athleticism, drive and heart to be as dominant as mj. He just needs a shot. He gets a consistent 15 footer and it's game over

JohnMax
02-08-2019, 10:59 PM
He makes it look easy because he has court vision to go with that athleticism and skill. Very similar to Lebron.

90sgoat
02-08-2019, 11:00 PM
The reason I knew Giannis was legit this season was because he averaged 12 rebounds a game and no one was talking about it.

Rudeboy3
02-08-2019, 11:22 PM

Once again, you're ****ing retarded. Stfu

90sgoat
02-08-2019, 11:32 PM
Once again, you're ****ing retarded. Stfu

:confusedshrug:

Milbuck
02-09-2019, 12:03 AM
He's not lacking in skill. He's a 7' 240+ lb power forward with guard-like handles and playmaking. People talk about him lacking a great jump shot or Hakeem like post moves but gloss over the guard-like skills he does have. You're not gonna find more than a handful of guys - if that - in NBA history at his size who can essentially be a 7' point forward. And he does have moves in the paint. Drop steps, euro steps, spin moves, etc. He had a pretty solid turnaround last year too but Bud has him shooting it a lot less this year.

raiderfan19
02-09-2019, 01:03 AM
He's not lacking in skill. He's a 7' 240+ lb power forward with guard-like handles and playmaking. People talk about him lacking a great jump shot or Hakeem like post moves but gloss over the guard-like skills he does have. You're not gonna find more than a handful of guys - if that - in NBA history at his size who can essentially be a 7' point forward. And he does have moves in the paint. Drop steps, euro steps, spin moves, etc. He had a pretty solid turnaround last year too but Bud has him shooting it a lot less this year.
The thing is, we don't know that he can actually handle in any era besides this one. He carries literally every time he has the ball and that not being called is a huge asset to someone as big as him. (This is not a complaint about giannis, he's one of my favorite non mavs in the league, but the big difference in ball handling skill from this era and previous eras is that you literally couldn't do the stuff people do today in other eras because it's illegal)

AngelEyes
02-09-2019, 01:36 AM

KG, that's Giannis.

He's not lacking in skill at all, he's unbelievably skilled. As for the Garnett comparsion, I don't think they're that similar. Garnett was finesse, Giannis is explosiveness and power. Giannis likes to play a much more physical game than Garnett, KG preferred those fadeaway baseline shots. They're both tremendous passers, rebounders and have great height and length. That's pretty much where the similarities end. Giannis's game is playing in the post and driving to the basket. KG could do those things but his game was mainly the midrange jumpshot.

AngelEyes
02-09-2019, 01:39 AM

He's a better passer than Hakeem, he's a better penetrator, he's as good of a rebounder, and despite Giannis being an inconsistent three point shooter, he also has more range. Giannis is not primitive compared to anybody.

lilteapot
02-09-2019, 01:43 AM

This lol. People think you have to have soccer player level footwork to have "skill" when skill goes way deeper than that.

FireDavidKahn
02-09-2019, 02:02 AM
Breaking news.

Pointguard
02-09-2019, 02:12 PM
He's not lacking in skill at all, he's unbelievably skilled. As for the Garnett comparsion, I don't think they're that similar. Garnett was finesse, Giannis is explosiveness and power. Giannis likes to play a much more physical game than Garnett, KG preferred those fadeaway baseline shots. They're both tremendous passers, rebounders and have great height and length. That's pretty much where the similarities end. Giannis's game is playing in the post and driving to the basket. KG could do those things but his game was mainly the midrange jumpshot.
in weird ways they are similar. both can play and guard all positions. Both are always intense at levels nobody else is. Both are slim guys that like to bang underneath. Both are unique to the position of point PF. Both can lead by shear energy. Both are smarter than you might think on both sides of the floor.

KG was more vocal. Gee attacks the basket persitently unlike any other big and the rest of his passing offense is in consequence of that... .