PDA

View Full Version : How terrified are you of the Browns

scuzzy
02-09-2019, 02:08 PM
Ya'll know you don't want to see that get better, right?

We know you don't want to see that

Browns being face of the league is terrifying, we know :lol

Clench those butt cheeks boys

Clench em REAL tight

AlternativeAcc.
02-09-2019, 08:02 PM
That Mahomes/Mayfield rivalry will be something else

Even dates back to their college days

amazing. :bowdown:

I really like the Browns.. they finally have a big dick QB and a lot of talent... give mayfield a top tier WR and watch out!

imdaman99
02-10-2019, 12:52 AM
Dey scared now :banana:

CelticBaller
02-10-2019, 04:38 PM
Brady passed the torch in that commercial :bowdown:

Nanners
02-11-2019, 10:19 AM
browns see their first real glimmer of hope in decades and suddenly the rest of the league is supposed to be "terrified"? :oldlol:

DukeDelonte13
02-11-2019, 12:45 PM
browns see their first real glimmer of hope in decades and suddenly the rest of the league is supposed to be "terrified"? :oldlol:

:oldlol:

give us this moment bro.

This is probably the best feeling off season the Browns have had probably as long as I can remember. Sad isn't it?

It's not that we have a guy that looks like he could ultimately be the franchise QB, we got a guy that looked liked and performed as top 10 QB as a rookie. No gimmicks either. Incredible arm talent and intangibles.

We also got a GM that can 1. identify talent, and 2. identify sh*ttiness, and most importantly 3. Can control one of the most meddlesome owners in the NFL today.

Nanners
02-11-2019, 12:49 PM

give us this moment bro.

This is probably the best feeling off season the Browns have had probably as long as I can remember. Sad isn't it?

It's not that we have a guy that looks like he could ultimately be the franchise QB, we got a guy that looked liked and performed as top 10 QB as a rookie. No gimmicks either. Incredible arm talent and intangibles.

We also got a GM that can 1. identify talent, and 2. identify sh*ttiness, and most importantly 3. Can control one of the most meddlesome owners in the NFL today.

no doubt things look better for the browns than they have in ages, and you are welcome to enjoy the moment... I just dont think its time to be asking the rest of the league if they are "terrified". :oldlol:

brady and belichick are terrifying. patrick mahomes and aaron rodgers are scary. the browns are maybe a little spooky.

imdaman99
02-11-2019, 03:03 PM
If not the league, then women. For who they just signed :eek:

Uncle Drew
02-11-2019, 03:28 PM
If not the league, then women. For who they just signed :eek:
Baker to Hunt, Landry and Chubb? GG league. We winning this thing. :banana:

Uncle Drew
02-11-2019, 03:34 PM
Browns are one of, if not the, hottest young teams in the league with a hung, three legged QB.
Cavaliers about to draft Zion and be set for the ages.
Indians had one hell of a run, but at least they'll be competitive.

Cleveland sports is almost officially back.

~primetime~
02-11-2019, 03:40 PM
Kareem Hunt signing is weird imo, he faces a huge suspension. IIRC he could be banned for life.

I assume his new Browns contract is waived if he has to sit all next season.

DukeDelonte13
02-13-2019, 08:32 AM
Kareem Hunt signing is weird imo, he faces a huge suspension. IIRC he could be banned for life.

I assume his new Browns contract is waived if he has to sit all next season.

it's a 0$ guaranteed contract. He'll prob serve a 6 game suspension. It's very possible the NFL will send a message to him and make it worse.

Not a huge fan of the signing at all. Hate the message it sends.

Charlie Sheen
02-15-2019, 07:13 PM
The Steelers are the new Browns.

clipps
02-19-2019, 10:05 PM
Your buttholes should be really tight this year... unless you

ROCSteady
03-01-2019, 09:54 PM
Can't wait to see the Browns win the Super Bowl in the next 5 years.

It'll be glorious #BakerBAE <3

scuzzy
03-02-2019, 09:42 AM
keep praying that your schedule doesn't doesn't see us on it :lol

scuzzy
03-13-2019, 02:17 AM
Jarvis Landry, Kareem hunt, and Odell Beckham :lol

https://i.postimg.cc/vZJ3JnhR/ghgv.jpg

RedBlackAttack
03-13-2019, 02:34 AM
Ahem.

What's up, guys? Anything happening?

imdaman99
03-13-2019, 09:43 AM
Despite giants fans being split on Odell, I always loved him. I loved what he brought to the team, and the old farts cheering for them always had issues because he was loud and swaggy. I will root for him on the Browns, especially since I already like Mayfield :cheers:

At least I will root for him until he shits on the Giants :lol

Nanners
03-13-2019, 01:44 PM
great trade for the giants imo

DocSlam
03-14-2019, 10:37 AM
I'm afraid I might sprain something when I jump up and down celebrating a Browns Super Bowl Win!

I'm not as young as I used to be..

DukeDelonte13
03-14-2019, 03:37 PM

I think it's bad. it's a brownsian type of trade. The trades the team used to make when they were dysfunction and their star players were disgruntled.

Trading a playmaker for chance to maybe land a playmaker is never a good move. I've suffered through my team making those kinds of deals for a very long time.

scuzzy
03-14-2019, 03:53 PM
I think it's bad. it's a brownsian type of trade. The trades the team used to make when they were dysfunction and their star players were disgruntled.

Trading a playmaker for chance to maybe land a playmaker is never a good move. I've suffered through my team making those kinds of deals for a very long time.
Braylon Ewards + Winslow :(

bladefd
03-14-2019, 10:36 PM

Only great if Giants' 1st rounder pays off.. If they don't draft well then they just lost a guaranteed superstar.. I don't usually support such a move unless if it's an aging superstar or something. Definitely not worth it for a young superstar who just entered his prime and re-signed with you long-term.. Why move him?

In the end, I suspect Giants will regret it.

RedBlackAttack
03-15-2019, 06:00 PM
In true Browns fan form, I was beside myself when the trade was reported -- not in glee, but anger. I thought it was way too much to give up. After being inundated with nothing but love from the media and casual fans (even a lot of diehards who know stuff), I've come around on it ... but I still think it was a lot to give up and I'm not sure what kind of impact OBJ will have on our locker room.

The good:

*OBJ is only 26 years old. This isn't an Antonio Brown situation where, not only are you taking a chance on a guy as a potential locker room cancer, but he is also pretty old for the position. OBJ should be in his athletic prime for the balance of his contract.

*His "best friend" is standing next to him as arguably the best traditional slot receiver in the NFL and he and Baker seem to already have a relationship.

*Freddie Kitchens showed a real knack for coming up with interesting formations and ways to keep everyone involved and on the same page.

The bad:

*I really enjoyed Jabrill Peppers in the last half of the 2018 season. I think he could have a few Pro Bowls in him and he was on a cost-controlled contract for the foreseeable future. He is also a leader in the locker room.

*OBJ is already talking about getting a new contract. So, here we go with that nonsense.

*We have a lot of egos in the locker room.

I'm torn, not celebrating like every other Browns fan I know.

bladefd
03-15-2019, 07:10 PM
The NFL has suspended Cleveland Browns running back Kareem Hunt for the first eight games of the upcoming season for violating its personal conduct policy, the league announced.

Uhh, he is back after just 8 games. The Browns offense *mindblown* :eek:

Doomsday Dallas
03-20-2019, 01:24 AM
http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/files/2012/09/CC.png

Cleveland Browns - Endgame - 2019
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-Xz-Wg7p-Q)

DukeDelonte13
03-20-2019, 01:37 PM
In true Browns fan form, I was beside myself when the trade was reported -- not in glee, but anger. I thought it was way too much to give up. After being inundated with nothing but love from the media and casual fans (even a lot of diehards who know stuff), I've come around on it ... but I still think it was a lot to give up and I'm not sure what kind of impact OBJ will have on our locker room.

The good:

*OBJ is only 26 years old. This isn't an Antonio Brown situation where, not only are you taking a chance on a guy as a potential locker room cancer, but he is also pretty old for the position. OBJ should be in his athletic prime for the balance of his contract.

*His "best friend" is standing next to him as arguably the best traditional slot receiver in the NFL and he and Baker seem to already have a relationship.

*Freddie Kitchens showed a real knack for coming up with interesting formations and ways to keep everyone involved and on the same page.

The bad:

*I really enjoyed Jabrill Peppers in the last half of the 2018 season. I think he could have a few Pro Bowls in him and he was on a cost-controlled contract for the foreseeable future. He is also a leader in the locker room.

*OBJ is already talking about getting a new contract. So, here we go with that nonsense.

*We have a lot of egos in the locker room.

I'm torn, not celebrating like every other Browns fan I know.

Peppers is a solid player no doubt, but having a top 3 WR is way more valuable then a decent safety. OBJ is a player that teams gameplan around, Peppers is not.

I'm not too concerned about the egos, and it doesn't look like OBJ's deal is getting restructured.

With the giants Eli and Odell are from two completely different generations. That's not the case with Baker. Baker, Odell, and Jarvis are all going to speak the same language.

My concern is Kitchens. I like the guy, but it's like the Browns gave the keys to a Ferrari to a 16 year old kid who just got his driver's license.

bladefd
03-20-2019, 03:17 PM
Peppers is a solid player no doubt, but having a top 3 WR is way more valuable then a decent safety. OBJ is a player that teams gameplan around, Peppers is not.

I'm not too concerned about the egos, and it doesn't look like OBJ's deal is getting restructured.

With the giants Eli and Odell are from two completely different generations. That's not the case with Baker. Baker, Odell, and Jarvis are all going to speak the same language.

My concern is Kitchens. I like the guy, but it's like the Browns gave the keys to a Ferrari to a 16 year old kid who just got his driver's license.

Plus they also have Nick Chubb+Kareem Hunt.. Both are elite rbs and from same generation. I have a feeling Browns will sign one of them long-term, but they don't have to! Chubb is on rookie deal so he is supercheap for next few years. Just do what Panthers did with DeAngelo Williams + Jonathan Stewart duo :P

Nanners
03-20-2019, 04:46 PM

Its not a brownsian trade at all... if trading your overpaid playmakers for picks isnt a good move, then why does Belichick do it CONSTANTLY?

When you trade a guy getting paid 15+m/yr for picks, you arent just getting the picks, you are also receiving 18m in salary room to be spent on free agents and other players.

The Giants didnt just trade for a chance to land a playmaker, they are trading for a chance to land a playmaker on a rookie contract, and freeing up enough cap space to add one or two additional playmakers.

Nanners
03-20-2019, 04:56 PM

Not only was it a lot of value to give up in terms of the picks (didnt Antonio Brown just go for a 3rd and a 5th?), but OBJ just started a new contract and his salary is nearly 10% of the entire salary cap... so in addition to giving up the picks the Browns are taking on a TON of salary.

~primetime~
03-20-2019, 06:43 PM
I hated the Cooper trade when Dallas first made it, now I feel like it was the correct move.

With OBJ at least you already know you have a proven talent. Something that cant be guaranteed with any draft pick. And the Browns are familiar with missing in the draft.

The only thing that would concern me with OBJ is his antics.

Nanners
03-20-2019, 07:11 PM
I dont understand how you guys can watch the Patriots dominate the league year after year after year, and still not grasp the importance of salary management and depth.

RedBlackAttack
03-20-2019, 07:16 PM
Not only was it a lot of value to give up in terms of the picks (didnt Antonio Brown just go for a 3rd and a 5th?), but OBJ just started a new contract and his salary is nearly 10% of the entire salary cap... so in addition to giving up the picks the Browns are taking on a TON of salary.
The Browns have tons of cap room and they were missing a No. 1 receiver, so I'm not as worried about devoting $15m a year to a 26-year-old as long as he can stay healthy (big *if*) and not mess up the locker room chemistry (another *if*). He is also only 26, so he is on the same timeline as our elite young talent. When you consider CJ Mosley got more than that and he is a linebacker... not my primary concern.

As for Antonio Brown, as great as he is, he seemingly totally lost his marbles and he is going to be in his 30s this year. Again, a guy like that doesn't fit into our timeline the way OBJ seemingly does.

I think my biggest problem came down to changing my focus. For so long I have been so keyed in on draft picks and knowing what prospects should go where, because we've been so bad for so long. Being players in free agency is just completely foreign to Browns fans.

I have to re-adjust my thinking. The 17th pick in the draft plus the lower of our two 3rds in 2020 really isn't obscene for a No. 1 receiver assuming he is that. Losing Pepper hurts, but box safeties are replaceable in today's NFL.

Like I said, I've talked myself into it... but I don't think it was the highway robbery all of the talking heads like to think. It was a lot to give up.

RedBlackAttack
03-20-2019, 07:17 PM
I dont understand how you guys can watch the Patriots dominate the league year after year after year, and still not grasp the importance of salary management and depth.
That's fair, but they were also reportedly inquiring about Beckham and they've made semi-similar moves in the past for receivers (Moss, Cooks). While BB is an absolute genius in how he manages his rosters, it is pretty clear to me that he does prefer to have top-flight talent at WR when the opportunity presents itself.

I think Dorsey has a pretty fair track record as well. BB is the greatest ever, but Dorsey is no slouch.

Nanners
03-20-2019, 07:21 PM
That's fair, but they were also reportedly inquiring about Beckham and they've made semi-similar moves in the past for receivers (Moss, Cooks). While BB is an absolute genius in how he manages his rosters, it is pretty clear to me that he does prefer to have top-flight talent at WR when the opportunity presents itself.

I'll give you Cooks, although Cooks was on an rookie affordable deal they did give up a 1st rounder for him...but the Pats got moss for a 4th rounder and he was on very reasonable 3m contract

Nanners
03-20-2019, 07:25 PM
The Browns have tons of cap room and they were missing a No. 1 receiver, so I'm not as worried about devoting $15m a year to a 26-year-old as long as he can stay healthy (big *if*) and not mess up the locker room chemistry (another *if*). He is also only 26, so he is on the same timeline as our elite young talent. When you consider CJ Mosley got more than that and he is a linebacker... not my primary concern.

As for Antonio Brown, as great as he is, he seemingly totally lost his marbles and he is going to be in his 30s this year. Again, a guy like that doesn't fit into our timeline the way OBJ seemingly does.

I think my biggest problem came down to changing my focus. For so long I have been so keyed in on draft picks and knowing what prospects should go where, because we've been so bad for so long. Being players in free agency is just completely foreign to Browns fans.

I have to re-adjust my thinking. The 17th pick in the draft plus the lower of our two 3rds in 2020 really isn't obscene for a No. 1 receiver assuming he is that. Losing Pepper hurts, but box safeties are replaceable in today's NFL.

Like I said, I've talked myself into it... but I don't think it was the highway robbery all of the talking heads like to think. It was a lot to give up.

For the record, I dont think it was that bad of a trade for the Browns so much as I think it was a great move for the Giants. The Giants arent winning shit until they rebuild and thats going to take a couple years, OBJ would be completely wasted on their roster.

bladefd
03-21-2019, 02:52 PM
Its not a brownsian trade at all... if trading your overpaid playmakers for picks isnt a good move, then why does Belichick do it CONSTANTLY?

When you trade a guy getting paid 15+m/yr for picks, you arent just getting the picks, you are also receiving 18m in salary room to be spent on free agents and other players.

The Giants didnt just trade for a chance to land a playmaker, they are trading for a chance to land a playmaker on a rookie contract, and freeing up enough cap space to add one or two additional playmakers.

OBJ is worth 2 1st rounders imo.. 1st and 3rd is underwhelming for a player with his talent and abilities.

At some point, you have to go into win-now mode. You can't forever be in perpetual rebuilding mode. You have a good QB now and solid pieces across the board. You got the players to make the playoffs and make some noise. Don't throw it all away like the Lakers may since LeBron entered the picture - Lakers had so many young pieces they didn't develop and plan on throwing away to the wolves to build around a 36yr LeBron.

17th pick is not guaranteed to provide you with what OBJ does. Might or might not. Why not go with the sure thing?

Carbine
03-22-2019, 01:25 AM
It was a good deal for both sides. Baker and Garrett are both on rookie deals for a couple more years, they can spend the money on WR no problem. Patriots are the a good comp here because Brady hasn't been on a rookie deal in 15 years.

As long as the Giants don't take a QB this draft.

The correct move is to tank for Tua next year. Eli is very capable of tha

Jailblazers7
04-03-2019, 07:22 PM
It feels weird that the Steelers are now a huge shitshow while the Browns are the exciting team with a ton of potential. It should be a good couple of games but this isn't exactly how I'd envisioned the rivalry getting restarted. I find it hard to root for the Steelers these days (I just can't ****ing stand Ben) and I'll probably be secretly rooting for Cleveland.

RedBlackAttack
04-04-2019, 07:40 PM
It feels weird that the Steelers are now a huge shitshow while the Browns are the exciting team with a ton of potential. It should be a good couple of games but this isn't exactly how I'd envisioned the rivalry getting restarted. I find it hard to root for the Steelers these days (I just can't ****ing stand Ben) and I'll probably be secretly rooting for Cleveland.

Donald Trump is PoTUS.
Bruce Jenner is a woman named Kait.
Bill Cosby is the most prolific serial rapist ever.
Jailblazers says he will root for the Browns against the Steelers.

Life is a flat circle.

https://media.tenor.com/images/ba2ab44dd88872f912149f94ba34acbd/tenor.gif

scuzzy
04-05-2019, 01:42 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/gJMCXm9v/k-hjk-hbjk-bj.jpg

Nanners
04-06-2019, 02:01 PM
OBJ is worth 2 1st rounders imo.. 1st and 3rd is underwhelming for a player with his talent and abilities.

Your opinion is wrong. The picks are worth FAR more, especially considering the fact that Odell is currently the most expensive WR in the entire NFL.

At some point, you have to go into win-now mode. You can't forever be in perpetual rebuilding mode. You have a good QB now and solid pieces across the board. You got the players to make the playoffs and make some noise. Don't throw it all away like the Lakers may since LeBron entered the picture - Lakers had so many young pieces they didn't develop and plan on throwing away to the wolves to build around a 36yr LeBron.

The Browns have sucked dick for half a century... and they most certainly have not become a "win-now" team just because they finally drafted a QB who doesnt look like trash.

Comparing the Lakers to the Browns just illustrates the fact that you are not only clueless about football but also have no clue how the NBA works... impressive

17th pick is not guaranteed to provide you with what OBJ does. Might or might not. Why not go with the sure thing?

In a nutshell its because of this thing called opportunity cost

bladefd
04-06-2019, 04:48 PM
Your opinion is wrong. The picks are worth FAR more, especially considering the fact that Odell is currently the most expensive WR in the entire NFL.

...and a top 5 player at his position (maybe the best but I got Julio & Brown & DeAndre over him) in a pass-first league. Brown is going to be on decline very soon so I expect Odell to be a top 3 WR very soon. He is worth every penny -- even Belichik tried to trade for him.

#17 pick is very valuable, no doubt, but absolutely no guarantee to become a superstar like Odell. Nothing is a guarantee, brotha! 3rd rounder even less probability of being a starter or to even stay in the league at all..

I'm not even sold on Giants GM turning those picks into solid picks. What has he done so far that makes you optimistic in big picture?

The Browns have sucked dick for half a century... and they most certainly have not become a "win-now" team just because they finally drafted a QB who doesnt look like trash.

Comparing the Lakers to the Browns just illustrates the fact that you are not only clueless about football but also have no clue how the NBA works... impressive

Browns have an elite offense on paper - only potential weakness I see is o-line. Their defense is nothing to sneeze at - I do have questions about their secondary but it's not complete sh!t.. What else do you want?

I mean yeah, paper doesn't consider chemistry or teamwork or any intangibles but you can't keep rebuilding. If you have a chance at a sure thing in Odell, you pull the trigger. Especially when you have weapons and depth on roster.

You can't throw it all away. Chances like these don't come often. As for Lakers, they have been a mess for years much like Browns (Browns for much longer as you mentioned) - we had a couple good drafts, and we had to dump Russell to get rid of Mozgov. Then we dumped Randle/Lopez for future that I'm hopeful for but not guaranteed. We will probably be dumping Ingram/Kuzma/Lonzo/Hart/etc next but not sure what the future holds and for who.. We are obviously building around LeBron but so many questions. Browns have been like that for decades - nothing but either trash talent or questions..

In a nutshell its because of this thing called opportunity cost

If given a choice between keeping 17th pick & 95th pick vs trading it for a young superstar at one of the most important positions (in modern nfl) who just entered his prime, I'm choosing the latter.

Jailblazers7
04-27-2019, 05:23 PM
Donald Trump is PoTUS.
Bruce Jenner is a woman named Kait.
Bill Cosby is the most prolific serial rapist ever.
Jailblazers says he will root for the Browns against the Steelers.

Life is a flat circle.

https://media.tenor.com/images/ba2ab44dd88872f912149f94ba34acbd/tenor.gif

bladefd
04-28-2019, 03:00 AM
Nanners.. Thoughts now? Was Dexter Lawrence worth giving up Odell?

Gettleman is not going to last very long. He will last maybe 2 seasons before he gets fired. He has been a disastrous GM so far :facepalm

Nanners
04-30-2019, 02:33 PM
Nanners.. Thoughts now? Was Dexter Lawrence worth giving up Odell?

Gettleman is not going to last very long. He will last maybe 2 seasons before he gets fired. He has been a disastrous GM so far :facepalm

I dont watch enough college football to have an opinion on Dexter Lawrence... but regardless of how the draft picks turn out, I still think making the trade was the right choice for the Giants.

bladefd
04-30-2019, 05:16 PM
I dont watch enough college football to have an opinion on Dexter Lawrence... but regardless of how the draft picks turn out, I still think making the trade was the right choice for the Giants.

Morons didn't even wait on Jones until #17.. Gettleman saying 2 teams were going to take him before 17.. Who and how do you know, Gettleman?? :facepalm

Jones is a 3rd round QB taken in top 6.. Gettleman also said they will develop Jones for 3 years behind Eli, who has been horrendous last couple years :oldlol:

They should have taken DT Ed Oliver at 6 and waited on Jones until 17. Dwayne Haskins didn't go until 15, and he is certainly a better prospect than Jones. Even then, I don't think it was worth giving up Odell..

bladefd
04-30-2019, 06:50 PM
GRRM on point:

[QUOTE]The Giants, on the other hand

tontoz
04-30-2019, 07:35 PM
This guy has some good quarterback reviews. He says Jones is probably better than he is getting credit for. His teamates sucked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbfeNHA9Yvg

In another vid he analyzed Eli and said his offensive line was the big problem. Eli also forced the ball to OBJ too much, but other than that was pretty good.

Doomsday Dallas
05-02-2019, 08:51 PM
[CENTER]http://media.video-cdn.espn.com/motion/2019/0313/dm_190313_NFL_Analysis_Stephen_A_on_Browns/dm_190313_NFL_Analysis_Stephen_A_on_Browns_default .jpg

[B][URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9GWtilO4Xk"]The Browns are under more pressure than the Cowboys this season

Nanners
05-06-2019, 08:34 AM
http://media.video-cdn.espn.com/motion/2019/0313/dm_190313_NFL_Analysis_Stephen_A_on_Browns/dm_190313_NFL_Analysis_Stephen_A_on_Browns_default .jpg

The Browns are under more pressure than the Cowboys this season – Stephen A.
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9GWtilO4Xk)

The Browns have had a grand total of 2 winning seasons and 1 playoff appearance in the past 20 years since their post-baltimore rebirth... they wont have any real pressure until they prove they can actually win games with some kind of consistency.

Meanwhile the Cowboys have historically been a good team, they have advanced past the divisional round a grand total of zero times during their last 20 years as a franchise (and they made the playoffs 8 times during that span).... but the last time the Cowboys made the superbowl, primetime and dooms were shitting in pampers.

DukeDelonte13
05-06-2019, 02:21 PM

The Browns have had a grand total of 2 winning seasons and 1 playoff appearance in the past 20 years since their post-baltimore rebirth... they wont have any real pressure until they prove they can actually win games with some kind of consistency.

Meanwhile the Cowboys have historically been a good team, they have advanced past the divisional round a grand total of zero times during their last 20 years as a franchise (and they made the playoffs 8 times during that span).... but the last time the Cowboys made the superbowl, primetime and dooms were shitting in pampers.

it's different.. this year there are actual expectations grounded in reality. Browns fans expect them to have a winning season at a bare minimum. It's literally been over a decade.

The home opener this year is going to be absolute pandemonium.

RedBlackAttack
05-06-2019, 09:36 PM
Browns have an elite offense on paper - only potential weakness I see is o-line. Their defense is nothing to sneeze at - I do have questions about their secondary but it's not complete sh!t.. What else do you want?
I'm not here to add more fuel to the "Browns hype train" that has strangely taken over ESPN and the rest of the national sports media, but the Browns had the 2nd rated offensive line in the NFL according to PFF last year. They did trade Kevin Zeitler, one of the best guards in the league, to the Giants for Olivier Vernon, but we are stacked with talent in the middle of the line so he was semi-expendable. JC Tretter and Joel Bitonio are arguably the best center-guard combo in the league and they have highly touted Austin Corbett stepping into Zeitler's spot. The reason they felt they could make that trade was the staff's belief in Corbett (and the fact that Vernon is really good).

I do have a couple of questions/concerns about the tackle position, but Greg Robinson stepped in pretty well for us the second half of the season and Chris Hubbard was good enough on the otherside.

In short, all of the moves have over-shadowed the o-line, but based on how they performed last year, it should be a strength.

The secondary has a question mark in losing Peppers, but as long as Denzel Ward is healthy, we actually have a pretty talented group. Demarious Randall was a revelation as a free safety (played mainly SS in Green Bay, out of position) and Terrance Mitchell was really damn good across from Ward before he got hurt last year... and they've added Greedy Williams and Sheldrick Redwine through the draft and Morgan Burnett in free agency.

I don't know... this team has to prove it on the field before I make any definitive statements, but on paper this team has a ridiculous amount of talent across the board.

The most vulnerable position is probably linebacker but Joe Schobert is the quarterback of the defense and getting Kirksey back from injury should help.

The defensive line is absolutely stacked with the additions of Vernon on the outside and Richardson on the inside which should help everyone else ... the more pressure you get, the less you have to worry about on the back-end.

I'm pretty excited, but I'm tuning out all of the noise. It is all meaningless until they do something on the field.

Nanners
05-10-2019, 09:19 AM
it's different.. this year there are actual expectations grounded in reality. Browns fans expect them to have a winning season at a bare minimum. It's literally been over a decade.

The home opener this year is going to be absolute pandemonium.

I hope the expectations arent too high, because there are a ton of red flags surrounding the browns -

head coach is completely unknown

offensive line is highly questionable, only 2 of the 5 are remotely proven

their new celebrity WR was insanely expensive and has a history of injuries and drama

their secondary is largely unproven

RedBlackAttack
05-25-2019, 08:44 PM
I hope the expectations arent too high, because there are a ton of red flags surrounding the browns -

their new celebrity WR was insanely expensive and has a history of injuries and drama

I prefer it if everyone thinks we are going to suck donkey balls. So this is fine.

:cheers:

Would 8 wins be considered a moral victory in 2019? I say yes. That is an improvement on 2018 and 2018 was a 7-win improvement on 2017.

The roster is slightly better this year. It should probably reflect it in the record, but not by much. So many holes, unknown coach, etc.

Nanners
05-30-2019, 03:35 AM
I prefer it if everyone thinks we are going to suck donkey balls. So this is fine.

Would 8 wins be considered a moral victory in 2019? I say yes. That is an improvement on 2018 and 2018 was a 7-win improvement on 2017.

The roster is slightly better this year. It should probably reflect it in the record, but not by much. So many holes, unknown coach, etc.

Im not saying I think the Browns will suck donkey balls, I just think the team has some glaring red flags and I dont find them remotely "terrifying".

Considering the current state of the AFC north, I wouldnt be at all surprised if the Browns won the division next year... I also wouldnt be surprised if they finished in last place (as usual).

Doomsday Dallas
06-05-2019, 08:06 PM
https://static.westernjournal.com/wc/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2018/10/Mayfield-Cowherd-960x538.jpg

2019 Cleveland Browns Hype Video - "You Don't Matter, Colin"
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YblnTBmq0Kk)

RedBlackAttack
06-18-2019, 07:24 PM
Im not saying I think the Browns will suck donkey balls, I just think the team has some glaring red flags and I dont find them remotely "terrifying".

Considering the current state of the AFC north, I wouldnt be at all surprised if the Browns won the division next year... I also wouldnt be surprised if they finished in last place (as usual).

I'm not saying I think you said or implied the Browns are going to suck donkey balls. I said that, if I had my preference, every non-Browns fan would think the team was going to suck donkey balls.

I don't like all the hype. This is one of the youngest teams in the NFL. Most of its important players are well under 25. ESPN just rated the Browns the most improved team of the 2019 offseason and I don't like it. Too much hype, too little accomplishments.

Sure, on-paper, the team looks like it should be pretty good. But having been a long-suffering fan of a franchise who has seen one winning season in the last 15 years (and we didn't even go to the playoffs that one year), I will believe this is real when they start winning on the field.

I will say that your last sentence seems a bit over-the-top... it seems hard to envision a scenario (injuries notwithstanding) that this group of players finishes last in the division, at least while the Bengals are still in the AFC North.

RedBlackAttack
06-18-2019, 07:33 PM
https://static.westernjournal.com/wc/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2018/10/Mayfield-Cowherd-960x538.jpg

2019 Cleveland Browns Hype Video - "You Don't Matter, Colin"
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YblnTBmq0Kk)
I quite enjoyed that. Thanks.

Cowherd is such a douche. There is a lot of things you can say about Cleveland. More power to you. But, I will defend the idea that Browns fans are among the best in professional sports and his attempts to minimize how horrible things have been and how people stuck with them anyway... despite our better interest (sanity) a lot of times ... These are people who successfully petitioned the league to maintain the Browns history, colors, logo, etc. when Modell moved the team.

They're the only franchise in sports history to do that.

Like I said above, I don't know what the future holds. But I do know that Browns fans deserve a great football team to root for. Hopefully, the sizzle is as good as the hype.

Nanners
06-20-2019, 02:33 AM
I will say that your last sentence seems a bit over-the-top... it seems hard to envision a scenario (injuries notwithstanding) that this group of players finishes last in the division, at least while the Bengals are still in the AFC North.

No doubt it isnt easy to envision a scenario where a group with so much talent finishes last in the division, but we arent talking about normal teams this is the Browns... if anybody is capable of screwing up such a great situation it would be this franchise, they have decades of practice after all.

Also as I mentioned earlier, despite all the hype the team has some very real red flags -

head coach is completely unknown/unproven

their secondary has some promising pieces but is largely unproven

scuzzy
06-20-2019, 09:15 PM
Nanners you kinda seem a lil shook of the Browns..... :confusedshrug:

my Brownies got you shook, bro?

Nanners
06-21-2019, 07:47 AM
Well scuzzy, I am a Seahawks fan who ****ing hates the Steelers and doesnt give a shit about the rest of the afc north, but yeah I am definitely "shook" that the laughing stock of the NFL has their first glimmer of hope in decades :roll:

Its pretty funny you would say that tho. IMO I am doing you guys a favor by pouring a little cold water on your circlejerk... Browns fans should know better than any other fanbase how disappointing and depressing high expectations can turn out to be.

~primetime~
06-21-2019, 08:32 PM
I saw a really interesting stat today. Jarvis Landry has 481 receptions in his first 5 years which is more than any other WR in NFL history.

Vino24
06-24-2019, 12:01 AM
as long as TB12 is still in the league no one cares about the Browns ;)

scuzzy
06-25-2019, 01:26 PM
Berea preseason camp finna be lit this year

July 25th

My dad has 2 PSL's that he got passed down from my gramps at the old stadium. Right on the 40 - 14 rows up, I wonder how much they'll jack up the price this year

Last season was $110 per and Browns $$$ fluctuated way worse than Cavs/Tribe

I'm guessing a 25-30% increase

Those seats have jumped up $5-$10 every other year since 99

DukeDelonte13
06-26-2019, 12:50 PM
Training camp can't come soon enough.

scuzzy
06-26-2019, 06:56 PM
I knew it, tix jumped +20%

Pops seats went from $110 to $130 per

DukeDelonte13
08-08-2019, 11:36 AM
Goodbye Duke Johnson.

Very good back. Shame he didn't want to be here anymore.

DukeDelonte13
08-09-2019, 07:36 AM
Browns looked excellent during their first preseason game. Not that it means much, but damn it was nice watching a game after waiting so long.

RedBlackAttack
08-09-2019, 03:37 PM
Browns looked excellent during their first preseason game. Not that it means much, but damn it was nice watching a game after waiting so long.
Callaway being suspended the first 4 games sure explains a lot. I wondered why he was still on the field so late in the game last night. It should be interesting to see how Dorsey handles that situation going forward. How much rope do you give a guy before he decides to hang himself?

Especially when the roster is so chalk full of receiving talent. Safe to say Higgins has jumped Callaway on the depth chart and Derrick Willies has had a really good camp too.

So you have OBJ, Landry, Higgins, Willies ... if Callaway doesn't get his sh!t together, Jaelen Strong, Ishmael Hyman or Damon Sheehy-Gulseppi would be happy to take his spot. Can't imagine the Browns carrying more than 5-6 receivers on the final 53.

As for the game, it couldn't have gone much better. The first team looked excellent on both sides of the ball and no major injuries. Myles Garrett played probably 5-6 snaps and officials flagged his blocker for holding on 3, he pressured on 1 and the other was a running play. lol

He is about to explode.

scuzzy
08-13-2019, 11:12 PM
awkward seeing Browns get so much pre season national coverage

idk if I can get use to this

but it feels so right

scuzzy
08-13-2019, 11:54 PM
RBA can we get a sticky? Clearly this thread all season will be a hot commodity

https://i.postimg.cc/y6rGQ32g/sfghnsfghfsgh.png (https://postimages.org/)

https://i.postimg.cc/ZKBM1Khf/hsdfhghfgh.png (https://postimages.org/)

RedBlackAttack
08-14-2019, 07:47 PM
Would if I could, broseph. Not a mod of the Football Forum. Just the Main Forum.

scuzzy
09-08-2019, 01:02 PM
Here we go :banana:

Mask the Embiid
09-08-2019, 02:46 PM
i fear them if they had a better athlete @ qb (like a jackson, mahomes,cam,winston,ect)

uhhh o...here come the hammer

:hammertime: :yaohappy:

tpols
09-08-2019, 03:15 PM
i fear them if they had a better athlete @ qb (like a jackson, mahomes,cam,winston,ect)

rather have a guy who can throw the ball mate.

mahomes is a steph curry type.

the rest... ehhh, aint winning shit and you know why.

scuzzy
09-08-2019, 03:28 PM
many glimmers of shine burdened by too many penalties

sloppy af

ugly 1st game Brownies

Doomsday Dallas
09-08-2019, 03:42 PM
Don't get discouraged Cleveland...

Titans murdered the Cowboys in Dallas last year.

Mask the Embiid
09-08-2019, 03:47 PM
rather have a guy who can throw the ball mate.

mahomes is a steph curry type.

the rest... ehhh, aint winning shit and you know why.
o "dey" mad mad

https://media.giphy.com/media/HBLjtmvPmJLVu/giphy.gif

they going extinct @ QB just like DB

(insert drake laughing gif)

1987_Lakers
09-08-2019, 03:51 PM
What a shit show in Cleveland.

Nanners
09-08-2019, 04:09 PM
IMO I am doing you guys a favor by pouring a little cold water on your circlejerk... Browns fans should know better than any other fanbase how disappointing and depressing high expectations can turn out to be.

i tried to warn yall

Duderonomy
09-08-2019, 04:16 PM
Don't get discouraged Cleveland...

Titans murdered the Cowboys in Dallas last year.
Titans will be good this year.

RedBlackAttack
09-08-2019, 05:03 PM
That was, um... not good.

The Browns played the 2nd half with only 5 linemen in uniform. If another injury or ejection to one of those guys had happened, we would've had to play a TE at center, guard or tackle.

The starting left tackle (Greg Robinson) was ejected in the 2nd quarter and his backup (Kendall Lamm) was injured a few plays later. The Browns played the entire second half with a non-tackle playing one of the most important positions in the entire NFL. What's worse, the Browns were trailing so they needed to throw and Tennessee's defense (which is good) knew it. So, they just attacked those tackles relentlessly.

Just absolutely brutal. I knew the Browns could lose that game, as the Titans are sneaky good... probably should have made the playoffs last year and they can really grind it out. I didn't see that score coming, though.

Browns had 12 penalties for 107 yards at HALFTIME. :facepalm

FML

EDIT: This thread is funny though. The idea that Browns fans don't know how to lose ... that is the thing we know better than any other fanbase in the league. This start is one in a long, long line of disappointing starts to a season. Just because the team was getting some hype outside of Cleveland doesn't mean the fanbase was any less terrified going in that something like this could happen. Trust me, we knew.

ShawkFactory
09-08-2019, 05:44 PM

Baker is a far better athlete than Winston.

stalkerforlife
09-08-2019, 06:46 PM
Yikes.

Charlie Sheen
09-08-2019, 07:48 PM
https://twitter.com/ComplexSports/status/1170811050217943051

"They were who we thought they were" ...haha

DukeDelonte13
09-09-2019, 07:36 AM
You know what's crazy? The browns where down by 2 i think real late in the 3rd. The very next offensive play the titans through that screen pass for 75 yards that should have been called back for a penalty.

Browns clearly lacked the mental fortitude to get back up after that play and just gave the game away. Baker played reckless as F*ck in the 4th trying to force passes.

Despite how terrible things went this game was totally winnable.

Browns gonna brown!!!!!

RedBlackAttack
09-09-2019, 11:21 PM
https://twitter.com/ComplexSports/status/1170811050217943051

"They were who we thought they were" ...haha
I don't really understand why that is necessary. Browns players and fans really didn't do much in the way of hyping themselves before the season ... it was a national media-fueled hype machine. If anything, Freddie Kitchens threw water on the hype a few weeks ago by saying they've accomplished exactly nothing except being an under-.500 team last year. Mayfield has repeated similar things recently.

I get that NFL players need to use all the motivation they can get to push themselves as far as possible ... but, you won the game man. The chest-pounding in the postgame by a player is somehow less distasteful than the national media fawning over a team that hasn't won anything yet?

Doomsday Dallas
09-09-2019, 11:36 PM
getting your ass kicked is better than losing a close one. It creates urgency.

Titans embarrassed the Cowboys last year and we went on to win 5 straight.

https://www.printyourbrackets.com/nfl-schedules/cleveland-browns-printable-schedule.png

looking at the schedule... should be 2-3 going into that Seattle game.

Seattle at home is a must win... don't want to be 2-4 going into New England.

RedBlackAttack
09-09-2019, 11:42 PM
You know what's crazy? The browns where down by 2 i think real late in the 3rd. The very next offensive play the titans through that screen pass for 75 yards that should have been called back for a penalty.

Browns clearly lacked the mental fortitude to get back up after that play and just gave the game away. Baker played reckless as F*ck in the 4th trying to force passes.

Despite how terrible things went this game was totally winnable.

Browns gonna brown!!!!!
I think I saw this stat today and it was truly mind-blowing. The Browns had 19 first downs. On 15 of those 19 first down plays, it was 1st and 15 or more. They had 1st and 20 or 25 on over half of those situations. Truly stunning.

Also, the Browns picked up two 1st downs via penalty ... the Titans had SIX 1st downs via penalties. If you look around the league, that is an insane number.

You could cut the Browns' 18 penalties for 182 yards in half and they'd still be 3 more penalties and 36 yards more than the Titans had (6 for 54).

Mind you, I'm not putting this loss on the penalties or officiating. Many of these calls were justified and the Browns played undisciplined football. But, looking at the numbers, it is pretty amazing that it was just a 15-13 game with 2 minutes left in the third quarter.

In the 4th quarter, the dam finally broke and, once the turnovers began (the first one came middle of the 4th quarter and the Titans had none), the score got out of hand.

I was worried about whether or not a team relying on this number of young guys would be disciplined enough to compete on a weekly basis with playoff-caliber teams. The talent is obviously there, but this is one of the youngest rosters in the entire NFL and it showed.

You look at all the statistics and it appears to be an even game.

Rushing
Titans 28-123 yards (4.4 avg)
Browns 20-102 yards (5.1 avg)

Passing
Titans 14-24 for 216 yards
Browns 25-38 for 244 yards

Total Yards
Titans 339
Browns 346

First Downs
Titans 21
Browns 19

Time of Possession
Titans 29:18 (56 total plays)
Browns 30:42 (63 total plays)

3rd Down Efficiency
Titans 2-for-10
Browns 1-for-10

Sacks
Titans 4
Browns 5

You look at all that and see the final score, it doesn't compute... until you see a franchise record in penalties which directly led to all the late turnovers.

Hopefully, this was an aberration and not something which is going to be happening every week. It is almost unthinkable but they could play that bad again, but I guess we'll find out next Monday night. :confusedshrug:

imdaman99
09-10-2019, 03:00 AM
Jets fans are talking up this game against the Browns as MUST-WIN... since they are playing the Pats the following week :lol

LoneyROY7
09-10-2019, 03:36 AM
Baker gonna baptize Darnold and the Jets next week.

Vino24
09-10-2019, 12:10 PM
Jets fans are talking up this game against the Browns as MUST-WIN... since they are playing the Pats the following week :lol
In that case it is :oldlol:

RedBlackAttack
09-10-2019, 08:39 PM
Hey man, this game means a ton to the Browns too. Here is the upcoming schedule:

@ Jets
Rams
@Ravens

Lose to the Jets and this team could easily spiral into 0-4. What a brutal schedule to start the season.

IlliniFan
09-10-2019, 09:20 PM
Hey man, this game means a ton to the Browns too. Here is the upcoming schedule:

@ Jets
Rams
@Ravens

Lose to the Jets and this team could easily spiral into 0-4. What a brutal schedule to start the season.

First the Titans, then the Jets isn't what I would call brutal.

MMM
09-10-2019, 10:28 PM
Let's give the Titans some credit especially their defense and particularly the secondary..

For a team with 3 straight winning seasons and a top 3 scoring defence they deserve more respect.

The browns will still be in competition for their division crown.the AFC North has no terrible teams so all 4 can be around 7 to 10 wins.

RedBlackAttack
09-10-2019, 10:54 PM
First the Titans, then the Jets isn't what I would call brutal.
The Titans were 9-7 last year and are a playoff caliber team in a tough AFC. There are some teams you can overcome a ton of penalties and mistakes and still beat ... they ain't one of them.

The Jets should, theoretically, be a win if this team is as good as many thought it had the chance of being. But, it is also on the road on Monday night and coming off of an embarrassing first game and there will be nowhere to hide from the scrutiny. If it were a 1:00 game on Sunday and less eyeballs, it wouldn't concern me as much.

I feel like I have to reiterate, these aren't veterans. All of the best players on this team are under 27 and most of the best are under 24. They will have over a week to think about just how badly things went wrong against Tennessee and the Jets aren't the Dolphins... they won't roll over.

Then, the Rams and Ravens. That's 3 teams that were >.500 last year including a Super Bowl participant in the first 4 weeks and the other game on the road on a Monday night.

I don't know... seems pretty tough to me. :confusedshrug:

May not have seemed as difficult had they won the first game against the Titans but we are beyond that.

scuzzy
09-16-2019, 10:48 AM
MUST WIN 2N :mad:

DukeDelonte13
09-16-2019, 11:28 AM
MUST WIN 2N :mad:

Hopefully we get treated to a nice clean game without injuries and without 18 penalty flags.

I'm really disappointed Darnold isn't playing tonight. What a bummer.

scuzzy
09-16-2019, 12:06 PM
Hopefully we get treated to a nice clean game without injuries and without 18 penalty flags.

I'm really disappointed Darnold isn't playing tonight. What a bummer.
lol, I bet practice all week they implemented discipline drills on penalties

fb coaches hate that kind of shit

scuzzy
09-16-2019, 07:47 PM
when was the last time Browns won a MNF game? Vs Pats like 10 years ago? :lol

that was a tight game too

Doomsday Dallas
09-16-2019, 07:52 PM
easy easy win for the Brownies tonight... Should win by two TDs no problem.

scuzzy
09-16-2019, 08:27 PM
OBJ with another 1 hander

Proceeds to act like a diva over his visor :lol

scuzzy
09-16-2019, 09:11 PM
:hammertime:

imdaman99
09-16-2019, 09:23 PM
when was the last time Browns won a MNF game? Vs Pats like 10 years ago? :lol

that was a tight game too
I remember they beat the defending super bowl champion Giants in 2008, giving them their only loss when they started 11-1. Believe it was Braylen Edwards that killed them. It used to be, the Browns would defeat the defending super bowl champions every year and stink for the rest of their games :lol

scuzzy
09-16-2019, 09:52 PM
I remember they beat the defending super bowl champion Giants in 2008, giving them their only loss when they started 11-1. Believe it was Braylen Edwards that killed them. It used to be, the Browns would defeat the defending super bowl champions every year and stink for the rest of their games :lol
honestly felt bad for Edwards, he was never really warm welcomed like most rookies because the Buckeye v Wolverine rivalry.

wish the Browns had a tight end right now like Winslow

scuzzy
09-16-2019, 10:33 PM
O :pimp:

B :pimp:

J :pimp:

DukeDelonte13
09-17-2019, 07:30 AM
WTF happened to Denzel Ward? Kinda concerning. He has not played well at all these past two games.

The Browns offense looks really clunky. O-line was a lot better today, but some of those plays took way too long to develop. Baker had some great throws and some i'm sure he'd want back. Losing Njoku hurt.

Just seems like the Browns have yet to find a rhythm on offense.

RedBlackAttack
09-17-2019, 12:39 PM
WTF happened to Denzel Ward? Kinda concerning. He has not played well at all these past two games.

The Browns offense looks really clunky. O-line was a lot better today, but some of those plays took way too long to develop. Baker had some great throws and some i'm sure he'd want back. Losing Njoku hurt.

Just seems like the Browns have yet to find a rhythm on offense.
Not sure about Denzel. I know the Jets completed a couple passes on him and he had the PI early in the Tennessee game, but he is shadowing the opponents' best receivers for the most part. Robbie Anderson is a speed demon. Giving him a few underneath grabs late last night does not concern me. Just can't let that guy get behind you.

I thought the defense looked pretty damn good last night, even taking into consideration all of the injuries the Jets were dealing with. Also keep in mind Wilks runs a lot more zone than what Ward is accustomed to. He really makes his bones as a man-to-man cover guy.

I can't say I'm all that concerned about Denzel except for his concussion issues. Guy can't tackle, but that is nothing new.

As for Baker, teams have found ways to confuse him by disguising coverages and it has shaken his confidence. You can see it when he drops back and pats the ball. Last year, he was just letting it fly without a care when he saw a route breaking.

Part of adjusting should be to lean more on the rushing game and playaction, but I'm maybe concerned most about Freddie Kitchens. The playcalling has not been good and I don't feel like he is putting Baker in positions to succeed.

An example, you have OBJ making that ridiculous 1-handed catch at the 2-yard line right off the bat. Instead of lining up in a big formation under center and pounding them with Chubb at least twice if not 3-4 times, we run a draw out of shotgun on first down and then throw the ball on 2nd and 3rd. That is putting way too much on Baker's shoulders under those circumstances.

And we just do it time and again... going with that 11 formation when we were running a lot of 2 TE sets last year that were extremely successful. It is a lot of gimmick plays and/or routes 20-25 yards downfield with an o-line that often has trouble holding up long enough for the route to develop.

Kitchens has to be better. He should hand playcalling duties to Wilks or completely take it over himself. This in-between thing is not working. The roster is too talented to struggle offensively like this all season. If it is just a few games adjusting to new players and systems, I can deal with it, but they need to get this together.

RedBlackAttack
09-17-2019, 12:49 PM
Those were the Romeo Crennell years. There was a lot of hype around that team because they were coming off of a 10-6 season (still didn't make the playoffs somehow) and they had some talent with Braylon, Winslow with Jamal Lewis at RB and Cribbs returning kicks like a madman... had just signed Donte Stallworth too. And Derek Anderson was coming off of a Pro Bowl season.

That team started 0-3 and then beat the Bengals (who were pretty good at the time) and the SB defending Giants on MNF.

Just couldn't quite get it together. Those teams always seemed just good enough to not get the best QB in a given draft class. Had the Browns won 2 games instead of 4 games, they would have had Matthew Stafford who -- OK, maybe he isn't the best QB in the league -- but the Browns sure as hell could've used him for the last 10 years.

It was so frustrating.

Nanners
09-20-2019, 06:09 AM
Kitchens has to be better. He should hand playcalling duties to Wilks or completely take it over himself. This in-between thing is not working. The roster is too talented to struggle offensively like this all season. If it is just a few games adjusting to new players and systems, I can deal with it, but they need to get this together.

Bingo. IMO Browns main issue right now is coaching. Its not that Kitchens is awful, but hes not good either, and he probably shouldnt have got the job to begin with.

If I was the Browns owner, I would stop huffing glue and start looking for a coach that knows how to take advantage of all the Browns talent.

scuzzy
09-22-2019, 07:24 PM
T-minus 1 hour :pimp:

Doomsday Dallas
09-22-2019, 07:48 PM
I'll be rooting for the Brownies tonight, I don't think they can get it done, but I'll be rooting for them.

scuzzy
09-22-2019, 09:48 PM
Big boy Myles makes big boy plays

scuzzy
09-22-2019, 11:30 PM
4 plays on the 5 and can’t even scrap 1 yard

Kitchens red zone play calling is trash, didn’t even go to Chubb once

and Mayfield is scrambling like he’s still plays in a spread offense

Ugh

DukeDelonte13
09-23-2019, 07:21 AM
playcalls were just not good.

Winnable game against a good opponent... Blown.

RedBlackAttack
09-24-2019, 01:34 PM
The defense was pretty awesome on Sunday, especially when you consider our entire defensive backfield was inactive (Denzel Ward, Greedy Williams, Demarious Randle and Morgan Burnett).

Once again, I'm left scratching my head at the playcalling. It isn't just the lack of a running game when you have first-and-goal at the 5 with 3 timeouts and 50 seconds left, although that is bad. It isn't just the weird 4th-and-9 draw call that never had a chance to pick up a first down.

My major problem is the routes I see being run out there. You have guys in Landy and OBJ that can make things happen after they get the ball in their hands. Yet, time after time, the Browns are lining up in three receiver sets, out of shotgun with no pre-snap motion and then sending all the receivers 40 yards downfield before they turn to look for the ball. No creative rub routes. No quick slants or drags to get things moving.

No creativity at all. And, the weird thing is Freddie Kitchens did such a great job with the playcalling after taking over OC duties mid-season last year.

A lot of this is being put on Mayfield and I'm not saying he goes without blame, but once again I do not think he is being put in a situation to succeed with these playcalls.

Defensively, the last two games is what I expected. The defensive line has been dominant. Tennessee really couldn't move the ball either in Game 1 ... it is just that, time and again, they'd get a big stop and a flag would come flying.

The good news is Randall is back at practice and I anticipate we should have a mostly healthy secondary for this Sunday's key matchup vs the Ravens. I am still holding out hope they can get this thing back on track. At the end of the day, that game against the Rams was very winnable and we didn't even play very well. If you are going to take solace in something, it would be that.

Just have a little imagination, Freddie. What happened?

Charlie Sheen
09-25-2019, 02:48 PM
I don't really understand why that is necessary. Browns players and fans really didn't do much in the way of hyping themselves before the season ... it was a national media-fueled hype machine. If anything, Freddie Kitchens threw water on the hype a few weeks ago by saying they've accomplished exactly nothing except being an under-.500 team last year. Mayfield has repeated similar things recently.

I get that NFL players need to use all the motivation they can get to push themselves as far as possible ... but, you won the game man. The chest-pounding in the postgame by a player is somehow less distasteful than the national media fawning over a team that hasn't won anything yet?
I hadn't looked in this thread since I made that post. Wasn't piling on the Browns, just thought the soundbyte was funny.

Reversal of fortunes in the last two weeks. Titans look in disarray with serious questions at the QB position. Browns have been competitive. Cleveland sports media is a crazy thing. That's not a market a lot of first time head coaches are going to be able to handle with the scrutiny.

RedBlackAttack
09-29-2019, 07:08 PM
Big win, boys... big win!

After all the talk of being overrated, etc... tied for first in the division with much of the meat of the schedule in the rearview mirror.

bigkingsfan
09-29-2019, 07:18 PM
Big win, boys... big win!

After all the talk of being overrated, etc... tied for first in the division with much of the meat of the schedule in the rearview mirror.
Their next three opponents have one combined L

RedBlackAttack
09-29-2019, 07:54 PM
Their next three opponents have one combined L
First quarter of the schedule with 2018 records:

TEN (9-7) - LOSS
@NYJ (4-12) - WIN
LAR (13-3) - LOSS
@BAL (10-6) - WIN

---

The coming quarter with 2018 records:

@SF (4-12)
SEA (10-6)
@NE (11-5)
DEN (6-10)

---

I guess it is a matter of opinion. Fair to say they're still in the middle of the meat of their schedule, but it eases quite a bit after the NE game and they're now through the Rams and @Ravens portion. Winning today was a huge step in getting through this patch intact and still in the playoff hunt.

Here is the last half of their schedule:

BUF
PIT
MIA
@PIT
CIN
@ARI
BAL
@CIN

If they can stay at or around .500 heading into the last 8, they'll have a decent shot.

scuzzy
09-29-2019, 08:08 PM
2 big wins

2 winnable losses

damn right i'll take it woooo:dancin

LoneyROY7
09-29-2019, 08:34 PM
Nick "Full" Chubb.

DukeDelonte13
09-30-2019, 08:01 AM
Baker looked a little calmer in the pocket and did a better job of just making the easy throw when it's there.

Browns D continues to looks good.

Getting Higgins and our starting CBs back should help out tremendously.

imdaman99
09-30-2019, 12:13 PM
What I have learned so far...

Browns have too much pressure to win at home, but they are good enough to win on the road, even beating good teams along the way.

Also, Odell gonna Odell.

RedBlackAttack
09-30-2019, 05:53 PM
Baker looked a little calmer in the pocket and did a better job of just making the easy throw when it's there.

Browns D continues to looks good.

Getting Higgins and our starting CBs back should help out tremendously.
It should be noted that our offensive line finally got back to being somewhat healthy this week, as Chris Hubbard returned to his guard position after missing the Rams game (we were all banged up along the line the first two weeks).

As much grief as Hubbard takes from Browns fans (some justified), he is a good run blocker and Chubb's 88-yard run came going right up Hubbard's back. I think the injury issues along the line was an underplayed but major issue in the first few weeks.

They looked good yesterday. I am worried about what losing Landry might do to the WR corps though... even if Higgins comes back. Landry is Baker's safety blanket.

Doomsday Dallas
09-30-2019, 08:06 PM
Hopefully you guys can take care of the 49ers & Seahawks...

I mean, just in case the Boys end up fighting for a wild card spot, it's always good when AFC teams take down NFC teams

Monday Night Football will be a great game to watch next week.

RedBlackAttack
10-01-2019, 03:33 PM
Nick Chubb is such a beast. I knew he was great at Georgia, but I always thought it was as a sort of bully back who will wear teams down over a lot of carries. He can do that, but the guy also has legit elite NFL speed.

He now has two of the three longest runs in Browns history with a 92-yarder last year against the Raiders and last week's 89-yarder versus the Ravens.

Here is Browns' legendary announcer Jim Donovan's call of Chubb's three TDs. Definitely worth a watch/listen if you're unfamiliar. His calls are excellent.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/video/jim-donovan-calls-nick-chubb-s-3-td-day-vs-ravens

And here is his call from Chubb's 92-yarder last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJdb60fy3Is

egokiller
10-04-2019, 04:41 PM
Nick Chubb is such a beast. I knew he was great at Georgia, but I always thought it was as a sort of bully back who will wear teams down over a lot of carries. He can do that, but the guy also has legit elite NFL speed.

He now has two of the three longest runs in Browns history with a 92-yarder last year against the Raiders and last week's 89-yarder versus the Ravens.

Here is Browns' legendary announcer Jim Donovan's call of Chubb's three TDs. Definitely worth a watch/listen if you're unfamiliar. His calls are excellent.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/video/jim-donovan-calls-nick-chubb-s-3-td-day-vs-ravens

And here is his call from Chubb's 92-yarder last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJdb60fy3Is

Chubb

stalkerforlife
10-07-2019, 10:38 PM
Lol.

1987_Lakers
10-07-2019, 10:57 PM
Browns look awful out there tonight. Only positive for Cleveland tonight is that rookie punter, that dude is a beast.

scuzzy
10-07-2019, 11:18 PM
okay that was the first glaring L we deserved

big yikes

bigkingsfan
10-07-2019, 11:24 PM
Let it begin.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ds3G6vgX4AA9ZRg.jpg

scuzzy
10-07-2019, 11:45 PM
Let it begin.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ds3G6vgX4AA9ZRg.jpg
delete dis

RedBlackAttack
10-08-2019, 12:09 AM
:(

1987_Lakers
10-08-2019, 12:51 AM
https://twitter.com/i/status/1181422403219419136

LoneyROY7
10-09-2019, 06:28 AM
Baker Mayfield is becoming a fat Johnny Manziel.

ImKobe
10-09-2019, 10:43 AM
Ya'll know you don't want to see that get better, right?

We know you don't want to see that

Browns being face of the league is terrifying, we know :lol

Clench those butt cheeks boys

Clench em REAL tight

have you ever been right about anything?

RedBlackAttack
10-09-2019, 04:26 PM
Baker has regressed a bit, but I still say the vast majority of the Browns issues are about coaching and offensive line play. I guess he needs to learn that when no one is open, just throw it away ... but saying that only goes so far and it gets to a point where it starts to chip away at the things he has always done well (put the ball into tight windows, taking chances, not fearing mistakes, etc).

The route trees Kitchens and Monken are putting together are just terrible. I saw at least three instances on third down last Monday where Landry and OBJ ended up in exactly the same area about 30 yards downfield. In fact, on one play near the endzone, they tripped over one another and both fell onto their faces.

There is no creativity at all with rub routes or drags or quick-hitters to get the offensive rhythm going. Everything is slow developing way downfield and it is incredibly predictable.

Also, because these routes are slow developing, it plays to the weaknesses of our line. That means Mayfield has to hold onto the ball and stay in the pocket longer and guys have to hold their blocks for it to develop. And then it ends up being a situation where Landry and OBJ are in the same area of the field?

Just bad coaching, I hate to say it. Kitchens is losing me ... quickly.

scuzzy
10-13-2019, 04:22 PM
another winnable loss :facepalm

dude77
10-13-2019, 04:32 PM
yeah playcalling isn't helping any in cleveland .. that team is cursed I don't know

AlternativeAcc.
10-13-2019, 05:02 PM
Nick Chubb is the best back in football. Scared of that dude.

stalkerforlife
10-13-2019, 09:16 PM
Baker is so overrated.

Wow.

bigkingsfan
11-03-2019, 08:28 PM

1987_Lakers
11-03-2019, 10:18 PM
https://twitter.com/WizKayTV/status/1191158352484749312?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1191158352484749312&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.wkyc.com%2Farticle%2Fspo rts%2Fnfl%2Fbrowns%2Fbrowns-s-jermaine-whitehead-gets-twitter-account-suspended-after-threatening-radio-host%2F95-cede4c6a-f16f-4029-aa16-df47b8936328

stalkerforlife
11-04-2019, 01:25 AM
https://twitter.com/WizKayTV/status/1191158352484749312?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1191158352484749312&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.wkyc.com%2Farticle%2Fspo rts%2Fnfl%2Fbrowns%2Fbrowns-s-jermaine-whitehead-gets-twitter-account-suspended-after-threatening-radio-host%2F95-cede4c6a-f16f-4029-aa16-df47b8936328

Cut him.

egokiller
11-04-2019, 01:39 PM
Kitchens is so bad. Time to get rid of him and watch Mayfield flourish.

RedBlackAttack
11-05-2019, 06:06 PM

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/uMW4ZXDLdiDRh5lkp43ZWQ--~A/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjtzbT0xO3c9NDAwO2g9MjI1/http://media.zenfs.com/en/homerun/feed_manager_auto_publish_494/59dc772718e4c2be77ec5393ddbec310

egokiller
11-10-2019, 02:13 PM
Kitchens job literally being saved by Jarvis Landry right now...

Doomsday Dallas
11-10-2019, 02:32 PM
Kitchens job literally being saved by Jarvis Landry right now...

did you just see that Buffalo goal line defense? WOW.

I know RBA did.

egokiller
11-10-2019, 02:40 PM
did you just see that Buffalo goal line defense? WOW.

I know RBA did.

I spoke too soon.

Freddie is gone.

Shit play calling. :lol

Nanners
11-10-2019, 03:05 PM
wow :oldlol:

Hey Yo
11-10-2019, 03:34 PM
Spotted at Browns stadium today.

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1193606682389155841

Doomsday Dallas
11-10-2019, 03:55 PM
damn... just gave up a safety

egokiller
11-10-2019, 06:58 PM
Wow that was ugly. Good think they missed that field goal.

Shitty coaching is the problem.

1987_Lakers
12-17-2019, 12:08 AM
The Browns will go down as the only team in the NFL to not have a winning season the entire decade. That is pretty insane.

scuzzy
12-17-2019, 12:47 AM
The Browns will go down as the only team in the NFL to not have a winning season the entire decade. That is pretty insane.
mods?

1987_Lakers
12-22-2019, 05:17 PM
6-9.

:roll:

RedBlackAttack
01-06-2020, 10:26 PM

RedBlackAttack
01-06-2020, 10:29 PM
Not just this decade, but none since 2007 and only one (2007: 10-6) since 2002. It is now 2020, for the record.

That is one winning season in 18 years and we didn't even make the playoffs that year.

And here I am... still reading articles every day about the newest coaching prospects, looking at mock drafts, listening to Browns podcasts, etc.

Carbine
01-06-2020, 11:07 PM
In a way, I think even if the Cubs didn't win the world series the Browns fans would still be just as if not more tortured fanbase.

I personally think the Browns fanbase is more passionate about their team than the Cubs are their team.

Also knowing that you had the GOAT coach and let him go. Watching your team get taken away from you and then go on to be one of the best teams of the 00's and early 10's....

Thats a lotta shit

~primetime~
01-07-2020, 12:35 PM
Both the Browns and Lions franchises have been around FOREVER...leather helmet shit

Neither team has ever played in a Super Bowl

RedBlackAttack
01-07-2020, 04:45 PM
In a way, I think even if the Cubs didn't win the world series the Browns fans would still be just as if not more tortured fanbase.

I personally think the Browns fanbase is more passionate about their team than the Cubs are their team.

Also knowing that you had the GOAT coach and let him go. Watching your team get taken away from you and then go on to be one of the best teams of the 00's and early 10's....

Thats a lotta shit
That's not even getting into all of the sh!t that we went through back before the real Browns became the Ravens... Red Right 88, The Drive, The Fumble. So, even when the Browns were good, and those were Super Bowl caliber teams, all three, we had to be tortured to the point of misery so that it is burned in everyone's mind.

I always just assumed the bad stuff would even out with some good stuff and, eventually the worm would turn. And 35 years later, I'm still waiting. I was 8 years old balling my eyes out when Byner fumbled on his way into the end zone. Turns out, those would be my BEST memories as a Browns fan.

Football gods obviously don't exist.

Doomsday Dallas
07-26-2020, 02:40 PM
https://youtu.be/92mumTR81UI

scuzzy
07-26-2020, 03:06 PM
https://youtu.be/92mumTR81UI
:pimp:

scuzzy
07-26-2020, 06:01 PM
go browns!!

Nanners
07-27-2020, 08:30 AM
God damn I love this thread

Right off the bat I posted

Almost everyone who responded disagreed

Then the OBJ trade happened, and I was basically the only person in this thread who expressed any skepticism whatsoever.

Despite the fact that 2019 was the second time in OBJs career that he played in all 16 games, despite the fact that he was earning $18m (5th most in the NFL for WRs)... he ranked 26th in the league in yards and had just 4 TDs (which were both career lows aside from 2017 where he played just 4 games)

A couple weeks after the OBJ trade, when Browns mania was approaching its peak, I wrote the following post about expectations and red flags where I basically predicted to a T exactly how things were going to go for the browns

The head coach was absolute shit and got fired

Baker was the 9th most sacked QB, fumbled 6 times, and completed just 59.4% of his passes

The new celebrity WR drastically underperformed, especially considering his price

Statistically the secondary performed OK... but the secondary was never really properly tested considering that most teams did not need to do much passing to beat them. Overall the Browns ranked in the bottom third of the league in defensive DVOA

Anyway, I suppose its pretty stupid to pat yourself on the back for correctly guessing that the Browns would have a disappointing season, considering that anyone who made this prediction during the past several decades was correct... but I still told you so!

RedBlackAttack
08-30-2020, 09:09 PM
God damn I love this thread

Right off the bat I posted

Almost everyone who responded disagreed

Then the OBJ trade happened, and I was basically the only person in this thread who expressed any skepticism whatsoever.

Despite the fact that 2019 was the second time in OBJs career that he played in all 16 games, despite the fact that he was earning $18m (5th most in the NFL for WRs)... he ranked 26th in the league in yards and had just 4 TDs (which were both career lows aside from 2017 where he played just 4 games)

A couple weeks after the OBJ trade, when Browns mania was approaching its peak, I wrote the following post about expectations and red flags where I basically predicted to a T exactly how things were going to go for the browns

The head coach was absolute shit and got fired

Baker was the 9th most sacked QB, fumbled 6 times, and completed just 59.4% of his passes

The new celebrity WR drastically underperformed, especially considering his price

Statistically the secondary performed OK... but the secondary was never really properly tested considering that most teams did not need to do much passing to beat them. Overall the Browns ranked in the bottom third of the league in defensive DVOA

Anyway, I suppose its pretty stupid to pat yourself on the back for correctly guessing that the Browns would have a disappointing season, considering that anyone who made this prediction during the past several decades was correct... but I still told you so!

For the record, I am pretty sketchy about this year too. Stefanski will ultimately be a massive upgrade from Kitchens and I like the way his offense matches with Baker's skillset. You have an offense reliant on wide zone running concepts that should do well to feature a great RB combo (Chubb and Hunt) and a lot of 12 personnel and flexbone formations (two tight ends with two receivers) and 21 personnel (2 WRs, 1 TEs, 1 RB and 1 FB) that should allow Baker to work out of playaction ... something he does extremely well.

And, I like that they seemingly filled major holes along the offensive line with Jederick Wills (LT) and Jack Conklin (RT) along with having Bill Callahan as the line coach.

The defense is still a work in progress and losing Grant Delpit, slotted as the starting FS, to a torn Achilles is just brutal, but there is talent all over the place.

Thing is, Covid19 is really going to favor teams that don't have much turnover on the roster and certainly not teams with first-year head coaches and staffs trying to implement completely new schemes. I watched the Browns scrimmage today and things just looked a little off. Communication issues across the entire team.

Throw in the AFC North will be an absolute meatgrinder and another 6-10 type season wouldn't shock me. I think where the Browns could start to turn things around is giving Stefanski this weird season as a start and then an entire offseason leading to 2021, but who knows what will happen between now and then with the roster, coaching staff and ownership. Knowing this franchise, they'll probably disappoint and fire everybody before it even has a chance to work. FML :(

Doomsday Dallas
09-13-2020, 07:55 PM
Tough Break Cleveland... not sure what to say here other than I'm dropping Austin Hooper from my Fantasy Team, completely forgot they still have Njoku.

Doomsday Dallas
09-16-2020, 09:58 PM
I'm dropping Austin Hooper from my Fantasy Team, completely forgot they still have Njoku.

but I didn't see that Njoku got hurt week 1. This is just now being brought to my attention. 5 weeks?

Hooper gets the start over Noah Fant next week for Thursday Night Football.

Hope the Browns can bounce back against Cincy.

Doomsday Dallas
09-29-2020, 08:59 AM
Week 4 - October 4, 2020 - Noon

may have to get tickets to this one if they're available

https://theboysareback.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/dallas-cowboys-vs-cleveland-browns-2012-the-boys-are-back-blog.jpg

https://youtu.be/-Ws_dMNx1BY

scuzzy
09-29-2020, 11:17 AM
:pimp::banana:

Doomsday Dallas
09-29-2020, 07:16 PM
https://www.nolanfans.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/tenet-fanposter-1.jpg

https://youtu.be/ymTuSti5izc

Doomsday Dallas
10-03-2020, 07:44 PM
Tickets secured, I will be attending tomorrow’s game.

Should be interesting to watch a Cowboys game with the stadium half empty.

scuzzy
10-03-2020, 07:57 PM

imdaman99
10-04-2020, 02:45 PM

How are you enjoying the game so far :cheers:

Doomsday Dallas
10-04-2020, 07:55 PM
How are you enjoying the game so far :cheers:

Well, I went to an NFL game during the Covid chaos... mission accomplished.... and while I was pissed off for 3 quarters, still had a good time.

thought we were going to get it done there at the end.... but give the Browns credit for a good play call on that reverse.

We are basically 0-4 right now... but if we can start getting some W's within the division... all will be well in Cowboy's Nation.

Need VE and S.Lee back badly.

Congrats to the Brownies on a solid 3-1 start.

scuzzy
10-04-2020, 08:22 PM
Well, I went to an NFL game during the Covid chaos... mission accomplished.... and while I was pissed off for 3 quarters, still had a good time.

thought we were going to get it done there at the end.... but give the Browns credit for a good play call on that reverse.

We are basically 0-4 right now... but if we can start getting some W's within the division... all will be well in Cowboy's Nation.

Need VE and S.Lee back badly.

Congrats to the Brownies on a solid 3-1 start.

scuzzy
10-25-2020, 05:08 PM
5-2 :pimp:

Doomsday Dallas
10-26-2020, 12:57 PM
RIP Odell Beckham Jr.

scuzzy
10-26-2020, 03:44 PM
RIP Odell Beckham Jr.

scuzzy
11-23-2020, 03:38 AM

Doomsday Dallas
12-13-2020, 02:17 AM
https://youtu.be/lxOuCe_0Gzc

imdaman99
12-15-2020, 12:27 AM
Wow Lamar :biggums: enough people shit on him, but that's some special moment type right there

scuzzy
12-15-2020, 12:42 AM
great game, good loss, ain't even mad

ZenMaster
12-15-2020, 12:45 AM
What an ending, had Ravens at -3.5 :oldlol:

Charlie Sheen
12-18-2020, 02:55 PM
TheGiantsWire
@TheGiantsWire
·
Dec 17
Giants' Jason Garrett tests positive for COVID-19, Freddie Kitchens will call plays #nyg #giants #NFL

READ MORE: https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2020/12/17/new
https://twitter.com/TheGiantsWire/status/1339575187507990528

Are we going to see the genius who took over playcalling after Haley was fired or the idiot who didn't appear to have any clue what he was doing as a head coach?

imdaman99
12-20-2020, 11:32 PM
Browns are just a million times better. Good game Brown fans :cheers:

Giants are ass and doesn't help when the QB is hurt often. I'm sorry but the best ability is availability and this guy is just gonna make me miss Eli forever.

scuzzy
12-20-2020, 11:38 PM
Browns are just a million times better. Good game Brown fans :cheers:

Giants are ass and doesn't help when the QB is hurt often. I'm sorry but the best ability is availability and this guy is just gonna make me miss Eli forever.

scuzzy
01-03-2021, 06:13 PM

scuzzy
01-10-2021, 07:40 PM
lets go baby

Doomsday Dallas
01-10-2021, 07:52 PM
lets go baby

They saved the best game for last.... hoping the Brownies can get it done tonight.

scuzzy
01-10-2021, 08:27 PM
They saved the best game for last.... hoping the Brownies can get it done tonight.
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigUnrulyDotterel-max-1mb.gif

AlternativeAcc.
01-10-2021, 08:48 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigUnrulyDotterel-max-1mb.gif

Browns vs. Chiefs next week big dawg :cheers:

Doomsday Dallas
01-10-2021, 08:55 PM
https://youtu.be/gXyKWsziqVo

Let's go Cleveland!!!

scuzzy
01-10-2021, 09:00 PM
Browns vs. Chiefs next week big dawg :cheers:
We win either way :cheers:

Doomsday Dallas
01-10-2021, 09:17 PM
Touchdown Browns 14 seconds in!

Hell Yea!

Doomsday Dallas
01-10-2021, 09:24 PM
Big Ben just threw an INT.

very good start for the Browns.

Doomsday Dallas
01-10-2021, 09:29 PM
14-0 Browns, 5 minutes in the game.

good stuff.

scuzzy
01-10-2021, 09:29 PM
14-0 Browns, 5 minutes in the game.

good stuff.
:banana:

imdaman99
01-10-2021, 09:32 PM
Let's go0o0o0o0o0o0o :djparty

scuzzy
01-10-2021, 09:43 PM
:biggums:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfd2cQNQDOc

Doomsday Dallas
01-10-2021, 09:45 PM
21-0

you got this Cleveland

scuzzy
01-10-2021, 09:48 PM
another interception :dancin

imdaman99
01-10-2021, 09:50 PM
Run up the score baby, no lead is safe :pimp:

Doomsday Dallas
01-10-2021, 09:51 PM
28-0

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c2/59/02/c259028e50b204cd3e928d59a25dd54d.gif

scuzzy
01-10-2021, 09:52 PM
28-0

2:30 in 1st

cray

scuzzy
01-10-2021, 09:53 PM
peeps in my neighborhood shooting off fireworks

Duderonomy
01-10-2021, 10:07 PM
The steelers don't have the offensive to come back from that deep a hole.

Doomsday Dallas
01-10-2021, 10:16 PM
Cowboys/Browns game I went to this year... we were down 27 in the 3rd, came back and made it a 3 point game.

41-14 later became 41-38.... but yea, don't think Pittsburgh can do what we did.

scuzzy
01-10-2021, 10:49 PM
baker bae

scuzzy
01-10-2021, 10:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tIgN7eICn4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tIgN7eICn4

scuzzy
01-10-2021, 11:39 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/32mC2kXYWCsg0/giphy.gif

imdaman99
01-10-2021, 11:57 PM
NAIL

in

the

COFFIN

scuzzy
01-10-2021, 11:58 PM
NAIL

in

the

COFFIN
ThicC ChuBB

Doomsday Dallas
01-11-2021, 12:06 AM
Pit scored pretty quickly...

13 point game 11 minutes left.

scuzzy
01-11-2021, 12:11 AM
Cardiac Kids man :facepalm

Doomsday Dallas
01-11-2021, 12:17 AM
16 point game... 4 minutes left... this $hit is basically over.

scuzzy
01-11-2021, 12:25 AM
bruh, i've never seen the browns this far in the playoffs in my lifetime :biggums:

Doomsday Dallas
01-11-2021, 12:50 AM
Browns will get a shot at the Champ.

Could be epic.

https://coverthespread365.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/chiefs.png

scuzzy
01-11-2021, 12:53 AM

Could be epic.

scuzzy
01-11-2021, 12:54 AM
That Mahomes/Mayfield rivalry will be something else

Even dates back to their college days

amazing. :bowdown:

I really like the Browns.. they finally have a big dick QB and a lot of talent... give mayfield a top tier WR and watch out!
game on! :lebronamazed::hammertime:

Gougou
01-11-2021, 01:10 AM

Could be epic.

Kc is favored, but anything is possible!

Uncle Drew
01-11-2021, 01:55 AM
We are Gods amongst men. I love you all.

scuzzy
01-11-2021, 04:15 AM
We are Gods amongst men. I love you all.
National Championship tomorrow :pimp:

AlternativeAcc.
01-11-2021, 02:50 PM
game on! :lebronamazed::hammertime:

:djparty:hammertime:

Chiefs gonna murk tho my boy

RedBlackAttack
01-13-2021, 10:52 PM

Could be epic.

Any given Sunday.

I am not sure people are properly recognizing how incredible the Browns offense has been -- really all season long. They've scored over 40 points four times this year. And it isn't like all of those points came against the Bengals or Jaguars or the like. They were all huge games.

The first 40 burger was hung on the Cowboys in Week 3. I know what you're thinking... "the Browns should put a ton of points on the Cowboys." But this was in Week 4 and in Dallas. The Browns were heavy underdogs going in and this was a game before Dak Prescott got hurt and their season went down the drain. The Browns went in 6-7 point underdogs and were beating the Cowboys 41-14 at the end of the third quarter. The final score was 49-38 but they played incredibly soft, base defense for the entire fourth quarter.

Then it was the Titans, who were coming off of their biggest win of the season, hanging 45 points on the Colts. The Browns, again big underdogs, again came out and immediately put the Titans in a massive hole. It was 38-7 at halftime. The Titans, like the Cowboys, made a run at the end but the game was never in doubt. The Browns completely took their foot off the gas and still put up 41 points.

Then there was the incredible Monday night game vs the Ravens. Back-and-forth all the way, Lamar played probably his best game as a pro and they still needed a Justin Tucker 50+ yard FG as time expired to beat the Browns. There was a meaningless safety at the end. Final score was 47-42 Ravens. The Ravens defense is legitimately good. No other opponent has even come close to putting 42 points on them. The Browns did.

Now we get to last Sunday in the biggest Browns game in 30 years. Again, they were massive underdogs in Pittsburgh against one of the best defenses in the NFL. Again, they went bananas. You can look at the turnovers as a reason and it definitely was part of it, but the Browns weren't getting interceptions, getting a few yards and settling for FGs. Every time the Steelers made a mistake, the Browns were almost immediately coming back with touchdowns. When the Steelers started their comeback in the 2nd quarter, the Browns responded with a touchdown. Same thing late in the game.

They also beat the Colts handily, putting 32 points on a very good defense.

There are only two other teams remaining in the playoffs that scored 40+ points four times. Those are the Packers (4), Buccaneers (4) .... and the Browns (4).

I understand why the Chiefs are the favorites. Maybe they should even be heavy favorites. But this Browns offense is absolutely dangerous and it doesn't seem like they're perceived that way for whatever reason.

Doomsday Dallas
01-15-2021, 09:03 PM
Good Luck RBA & Scuzzy, Enjoy the Weekend.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eok_oOgXMAEALdr.jpg

Doomsday Dallas
01-16-2021, 12:33 PM
Browns' Nick Chubb reveals how 'The Dark Knight Rises' helped him recover from college knee injury
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/browns-nick-chubb-dark-knight-rises-recover-college-knee-injury

Cleveland Browns running back Nick Chubb had a major setback in his college days at Georgia when he suffered a gruesome knee injury, which set his draft stock back a bit.

Chubb opened up about his rehab during and after the 2015 season and told the Akron Beacon-Journal in a story published Wednesday that he used the movie "The Dark Knight Rises" as inspiration for recovery.

Chubb told the paper he felt "I was like on top of the world, coming off a good [freshman] season" at the time of the injury.

In the initial fight scene between Batman and the villain Bane, the evil-doer breaks Batman’s back over his leg. Chubb, drawing a parallel, said that at the time it felt that his knee was busted in every which way.

Chubb told the Beacon-Journal that one of the movie's most inspiring scenes was when Bruce Wayne, imprisoned in "The Pit," struggled mightily to find a way out. Wayne, played by Christian Bale, would eventually escape by scaling a treacherous wall as Batman reborn.

"I felt like that wall was what I went through getting out of rehab," Chubb reflected. "I had to get up the wall and get free and get back to myself. All that just was so relatable to me during that time.

"I kind of used that as motivation to keep me up and keep me going because of how he [Batman] came back from that. That's how I attacked my rehab and my recovery from my injury."

Chubb would bounce back to have a blossoming NFL career. The Browns selected him in the second round of the 2018 draft. He rushed for more than 1,400 yards last season, and this season already has a career-high 10 rushing touchdowns.

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/presto/2020/12/22/NABJ/4f05fa29-818f-48d4-9675-2189c6d1bcee-thumbnail_BatChubb_final.jpg

Doomsday Dallas
01-16-2021, 12:38 PM
https://media.wkyc.com/assets/WKYC/images/2c38787d-260e-48d8-b052-30536101e0b1/2c38787d-260e-48d8-b052-30536101e0b1_750x422.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/-QAxMcUYWvU/hqdefault.jpg

Doomsday Dallas
01-16-2021, 03:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGdqnqTouwY

scuzzy
01-17-2021, 07:34 PM
Man, emotionally feeling a high stakes NFL playoff atmosphere for the first time

Felt like I tapped into another dimension as a sports fan

Amazing

imdaman99
01-17-2021, 08:40 PM
Y'all played a great game and had a shot with Patty MaGoat injured :cheers: looking forward to y'all growing, let's see if Odell will have anything to do with you guys improving

Doomsday Dallas
01-18-2021, 01:18 AM
https://chumley.barstoolsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/10/HopefulImmaculateCatfish-size_restricted.gif

Doomsday Dallas
01-18-2021, 01:21 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQS6nl7F8bU

Unacceptable.

scuzzy
01-18-2021, 05:55 PM

Unacceptable.
Arms to the side not even looking to make a tackle

NFL rules change every game, refs are protected more than any sport. Gotta roll with the punches

scuzzy
01-18-2021, 06:00 PM
Here's a cleaner angle of it

https://streamable.com/e83f94

Code Breaker
01-18-2021, 11:48 PM
Man, emotionally feeling a high stakes NFL playoff atmosphere for the first time

Felt like I tapped into another dimension as a sports fan

Amazing

Yep as a Bills fan I'll feel yeah :cheers:

clipps
01-20-2021, 12:01 AM
Browns' Nick Chubb reveals how 'The Dark Knight Rises' helped him recover from college knee injury
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/browns-nick-chubb-dark-knight-rises-recover-college-knee-injury

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/presto/2020/12/22/NABJ/4f05fa29-818f-48d4-9675-2189c6d1bcee-thumbnail_BatChubb_final.jpg

Instead of Batman, you got Blackman.

clipps
01-20-2021, 12:04 AM

Unacceptable.

The call was bad, yes. But how many times do players have to **** their teams over by fumbling the ball at the endzone for a touchback before they learn? Just tuck the ball in and settle with leaving the ball at the 1. ****ing idiots.

jaxnex
01-26-2021, 02:10 AM
They could win it all

Just2McFly
01-27-2021, 04:22 PM
Who's left of the dawg pound on here ?

Doomsday Dallas
05-13-2021, 09:36 PM
https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/private/t_editorial_landscape_8_desktop_mobile/f_auto/browns/qvamtwqcgxzlcagwrpgd.jpg

Browns could easily get 10 wins.

I see them as an 11-6 team going into the playoffs once 2022 rolls around.

Defense should be slightly upgraded, especially against the pass,... run game will be legit again.

Browns have another opportunity this year.

scuzzy
05-24-2021, 09:30 AM
Who's left of the dawg pound on here ?

scuzzy
05-24-2021, 09:44 AM
Yep as a Bills fan I'll feel yeah :cheers:
Bills vs Cowboys in the 90's got me into football

First SB I remember watched in NY at this ski resort called peek n peek near Buffalo. Thurman Thomas, Jim Kelly, Aikman, Emmitt

It was wild

Charlie Sheen
05-25-2021, 12:27 PM
Im seeing similarities between the rise of this Browns team and the mcvay Rams.

Charlie Sheen
06-05-2021, 01:02 PM
Im seeing similarities between the rise of this Browns team and the mcvay Rams.

:lol ghost town here

Garrett took that next step where he can change games with the impact of an Aaron Donald.
QB questions. Can Baker put up enough points when the path to a superbowl goes through Mahomes.
fresh young coach with a top 5 rushing offense.