02-09-2019, 04:24 PM
Define best.

JohnMax
02-09-2019, 04:31 PM
I agree

FKAri
02-09-2019, 04:48 PM
Define best.
Level of basketball play on a nightly basis. Being on a team of shooters definitely makes him look better on offense but every team builds around their star(s) thus making them look good.

masonanddixon
02-09-2019, 04:49 PM
He is the easiest guy to gameplan for and will be a total bust in the postseason. They will lose in the ECSF.

Mr. Jabbar
02-09-2019, 05:14 PM
I dont think its debatle tbh.

ArbitraryWater
02-09-2019, 05:23 PM
Im not really up to date with this, are we still counting LeBron in these discussions?

Or have we kind of accepted him as something different all together?

The all timer who we leave out the comparisons of mortals?

The unofficial "excluding LeBron" thingy?

Nikola_
02-09-2019, 05:43 PM
Kobe

BigShotBob
02-09-2019, 07:12 PM
KD is the best player in the world but Giannis will win MVP

Ben Simmons 25
02-09-2019, 07:19 PM
Level of basketball play on a nightly basis. Being on a team of shooters definitely makes him look better on offense but every team builds around their star(s) thus making them look good.

My definition of best has always been... if you are building a team from dead ass scratch and trying to create a team that's going to win you the most possible games, who gives you the best shot at winning a title for this year and this year only?

In other words... which player has the most win value for a team regardless of teammates?

IMO, that's Steph Curry right now. It used to be LeBron for a good 10+ years.

Ben Simmons 25
02-09-2019, 07:20 PM

I don't think KD is even the best player on his own team.

SamuraiSWISH
02-09-2019, 07:22 PM
Lol no

I’d def take

LeBron
AD
Curry
KD
Harden

Over Mr. Travel without a jumper

BigShotBob
02-09-2019, 07:26 PM

Overall I think he's the best which was proven in the past two Finals.

He's the best scorer in the league and makes it look effortless, can guard 1-5 on switches effectively, and now he's one of the best passers at his position (behind only Lebron).

There just isn't anything on the court that he doesn't do at an elite level and the scary thing is that he is still getting better and he's on a team that wasn't built around him like Curry's teams were.

A team built for Durant is one with speed, quickness, and length. So put him on the current Thunder and swap out PG for him and take out Westbrook for a point guard like Mike Conley and it'd be a match made in heaven for him.

game3524
02-09-2019, 07:29 PM

It amazes me how people think Steph is better.

Manny98
02-09-2019, 07:32 PM
Right now it's...

1. LeBron
2. Giannis
3. KD
4. Curry
5. AD
6. PG
7. Kyrie
8. Frauden
9. Kawhi
10. Jokic

Giannis needs to prove himself in the postseason to be considered better than LeBron so far he has yet to win a playoff series in his career

game3524
02-09-2019, 07:40 PM
Overall I think he's the best which was proven in the past two Finals.

He's the best scorer in the league and makes it look effortless, can guard 1-5 on switches effectively, and now he's one of the best passers at his position (behind only Lebron).

There just isn't anything on the court that he doesn't do at an elite level and the scary thing is that he is still getting better and he's on a team that wasn't built around him like Curry's teams were.

A team built for Durant is one with speed, quickness, and length. So put him on the current Thunder and swap out PG for him and take out Westbrook for a point guard like Mike Conley and it'd be a match made in heaven for him.

Agreed.

KD is the perfect modern day basketball player. He can shoot, play make, play off the ball, defend every position. I still say LeBron is the best player, but if I am building a team from scratch, KD may be the guy I pick since he is the easiest guy to build around. Everyone else has a noticable flaw, but Durant really doesn't.

-LeBron-Can't play off the ball as well and shooting is inconsistent
-Curry-Durability, size, and is just not an elite athlete
-Harden-I am not sure his game translates in the playoffs.
-Westbrook-Broken shot and can't play off the ball.
-Giannis-Could get there, but shooting is a question.
-AD-I am not sure big guys are that impactful in todays game.
-Kawhi-Great two way player, but I think his scoring is limited.

SamuraiSWISH
02-09-2019, 07:42 PM
Agreed.

KD is the perfect modern day basketball player. He can shoot, play-make, play off the ball, defend every position. I still say LeBron is the best player, but if I am building a team from scratch, KD may be the guy I pick since he is the easiest guy to build around.
The biggest factor is his portability and ability to play off the ball.

He

tontoz
02-09-2019, 07:52 PM
Giannis is a beast but he needs to do something in the playoffs to be considered better than Lebron/KD/Steph.

game3524
02-09-2019, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]The biggest factor is his portability and ability to play off the ball.

He

SamuraiSWISH
02-09-2019, 08:01 PM
Yup.

KD's portability and ability to dominate while playing off the ball is what makes him special. Like I said, I think LeBron is better, but I think what KD brings to the table is more valuable if you want to build a legit all-time caliber level team.
Quality basketball analysis and totally agreed

AlternativeAcc.
02-09-2019, 08:15 PM
:sleeping

February hot takes

So bad.

FKAri
02-09-2019, 08:17 PM
KD has a solid argument. But on GS his weaknesses aren't really put to the test like they were on the Thunder. I agree with his "portability" but I'm not really valuing that much for this.

It's hard to tell with LeCoast. We just don't know what his top gear looks like until and if he gets into the playoffs.

Steph, Harden, and AD? I don't see it. We'll see in the playoffs.

Pointguard
02-09-2019, 08:54 PM
I think he is. He doesn't have off games because his aggression is always consistent. He doesn't have the convenience that all the other top tier have minus AD. And Giannis is on a losing team without him and they have the best record in the league. Harden is the only other player I would say that could pull that off right now. btw, Harden went into the Golden State alone and beat the three best shooters in the game by himself - he out shot all of them during the game and at the end. Its disgusting that you guys rarely mention him in these discussions. What does he have to do? If he has to do that in the playoffs then its not even up for discussion who is the best player. If the question is "who is" that just means now, today...

Durant is on arrested development. He joined a team and they never came close to their win total before him. So-be-it, if he proves himself outside of an obvious advantage situation I would probably have him as the best. Another strike against Durant is that OKC looks really good without him too. Nobody is going to say that about a Giannis or Harden team. Giannis on GS is a God so it becomes very hard to compare KD to others in this situation. Harden sees more triple and double teams than all the other players with Giannis as the only other player near that level.

Giannis is a lot like Jordan before Jordan really developed his J. He could go at the basket all night long with continued aggression. Kobe was similar. Giannis is a lot taller without their range.

90sgoat
02-09-2019, 09:38 PM
Giannis is a beast but he needs to do something in the playoffs to be considered better than Lebron/KD/Steph.

Yes.

He is a beast tho and plays both sides of the court. Should probably also be a DPOY candidate.

I was very surprised to watch him vs Dallas for first time this year. Legit 7 foot monster.

fsvr54
02-09-2019, 10:42 PM
I agree about KD, he's the best in the world right now.

Then its any order of Kawhi, Lebron, Curry, Giannis.

Thats the top 5 right now. It's not debatable.

After that I'd throw in AD and PG13 to round out the top 7.

game3524
02-09-2019, 11:01 PM
I think he is. He doesn't have off games because his aggression is always consistent. He doesn't have the convenience that all the other top tier have minus AD. And Giannis is on a losing team without him and they have the best record in the league. Harden is the only other player I would say that could pull that off right now. btw, Harden went into the Golden State alone and beat the three best shooters in the game by himself - he out shot all of them during the game and at the end. Its disgusting that you guys rarely mention him in these discussions. What does he have to do? If he has to do that in the playoffs then its not even up for discussion who is the best player. If the question is "who is" that just means now, today...

Durant is on arrested development. He joined a team and they never came close to their win total before him. So-be-it, if he proves himself outside of an obvious advantage situation I would probably have him as the best. Another strike against Durant is that OKC looks really good without him too. Nobody is going to say that about a Giannis or Harden team. Giannis on GS is a God so it becomes very hard to compare KD to others in this situation. Harden sees more triple and double teams than all the other players with Giannis as the only other player near that level.

Giannis is a lot like Jordan before Jordan really developed his J. He could go at the basket all night long with continued aggression. Kobe was similar. Giannis is a lot taller without their range.

The 2016 Warriors had a SRS of 10.38 and the 2017 Warriors with KD had a SRS 11.35. I don't care that the Warriors didn't come close to winning 73 games (if they really cared, they could have broken their own record in 2017). The 2017 Warriors were significantly better then the 2016 Warriors. Without Durant, they are a great team. With KD, they are perhaps the greatest team of all-time.

Also bringing up how OKC is doing without Durant and comparing it to Harden and Giannis is disingenuous. When KD left, OKC still had another top 10 player in Russ and then the following year replaced him with another all-star player in Paul George. Of course the team isn't going to fall off the map when that happens. However, the fact that OKC isn't seen as a serious contender since Durant left says it all about his value.

StrongLurk
02-09-2019, 11:06 PM
He is the least skilled player out of the top 10 players in the league. That's for sure.

bison
02-09-2019, 11:11 PM
I

k0kakw0rld
02-09-2019, 11:47 PM
Kawhi, AD, Paul George (they actually won playoffs series) are all better in this case? :confusedshrug:

Marchesk
02-09-2019, 11:50 PM
I agree about KD, he's the best in the world right now.

Then its any order of Kawhi, Lebron, Curry, Giannis.

Thats the top 5 right now. It's not debatable.

After that I'd throw in AD and PG13 to round out the top 7.

https://cdn1.thecomeback.com/crossoverchronicles/wp-content/uploads/sites/18/2014/06/Harden.jpg

AngelEyes
02-09-2019, 11:59 PM
I agree. He's the best overall player in the NBA and he's the most valuable player.

AngelEyes
02-10-2019, 12:03 AM

Jordan had a good mid range shot coming into the NBA, by 88' it was deadly.

AngelEyes
02-10-2019, 12:07 AM
He is the least skilled player out of the top 10 players in the league. That's for sure.

That's a ****ing stupid and inaccurate statement. Giannis is crazy skilled, to be 6'11" with great guard skills and fantastic foot work in the post. There is a lot more to skill than being a consistent 3 point shooter.

Pointguard
02-10-2019, 01:47 AM
The 2016 Warriors had a SRS of 10.38 and the 2017 Warriors with KD had a SRS 11.35. I don't care that the Warriors didn't come close to winning 73 games (if they really cared, they could have broken their own record in 2017). The 2017 Warriors were significantly better then the 2016 Warriors. Without Durant, they are a great team. With KD, they are perhaps the greatest team of all-time.
Doesn't matter. He chose a small impact situation. He is being compared to guys who have more impact. That

Prometheus
02-10-2019, 01:53 AM
No kd is

hold this L
02-10-2019, 01:55 AM
That's a ****ing stupid and inaccurate statement. Giannis is crazy skilled, to be 6'11" with great guard skills and fantastic foot work in the post. There is a lot more to skill than being a consistent 3 point shooter.
what great guard skills lol

SamuraiSWISH
02-10-2019, 01:59 AM
Definitely

Pointguard
02-10-2019, 03:09 AM
Jordan had a good mid range shot coming into the NBA, by 88' it was deadly.
But it was his constant attack to the basket that distinguished him from everybody else. Clyde Drexler had a good mid range game too. Jordan's tenacity to keep driving and going over people was his main attribute his early years. Obviously it is easier for Giannis to go over people and he is Jordan's only rival with a great second and great last step. Use what is dominant and add on to it.

tontoz
02-10-2019, 09:57 AM
Kawhi, AD, Paul George (they actually won playoffs series) are all better in this case? :confusedshrug:

Nobody can be considered the best in the league without playoff success, but playoff success does not automatically qualify a player for top 3 consideration.

Kawhi has actually been considered a top 3 player at times during his career. He has been great during the reagular season and a Finals MVP.

AD has only 1 playoff series win in his career. That is a big reason why he isn't in the conversation.

George isn't known as a clutch player and has never been considered top 3. He has sure been playing great this season though.

game3524
02-10-2019, 12:25 PM
Doesn't matter. He chose a small impact situation. He is being compared to guys who have more impact. That’s why he’s not getting the mantle, yet. And its very fair.

:oldlol:

Small impact? They were the best team of all-time due to him.

The only way its disingenuous is that you admit you aren’t measuring impact or player value. Durant joins a great team that somehow doesn’t really distinguish itself in any way with or without him. He leaves a team that doesn’t really miss him now. Both Harden and now Giannis were/are on teams with best records that would be among the worse teams in the league without them.

You are completely ignoring context. OKC had Westbrook, of course they aren't going to drop off the face of the map since he is a top 10-12 player. Comparing that to Harden and Giannis is just dumb since neither of them had a guy of Russ calibers (Granted CP3 is but he has been hurt most of the year).

See above. It’s a cinch okc is going to be the second seed this year when was the last time you could say that . Maybe you don’t know how well they are doing. They are only 3 games behind GS which starts Durant and 4 other allstars. They aren’t in a different space right now without Durant. Golden State with 4 allstars doesn’t have much space on them. Harden had a much better record than GS last year and that’s a deep lottery team without Harden. Tell me how you are measuring value and impact.

:biggums:

Are you really this stupid?

They are going to be second or third because they have Paul George and Russell Westbrook. That says nothing about KD's value to the team.

It is mind boggling how you are comparing OKC to the Bucks and Rockets and assessing that means Harden and Giannis are more impactful. By your theory Jordan wasn't worth a damn since his team won 55 games without him in 1994.

ArbitraryWater
02-10-2019, 12:27 PM

It amazes me how people think KD is better.

Every intangible and even tangible thing in the world points to Steph as better.

Rico2016
02-10-2019, 12:27 PM

Um, don't know how to break this to you but KD might not even be the best player on his own team...

Rico2016
02-10-2019, 12:28 PM

Every intangible and even tangible thing in the world points to Steph as better.

One guy blew a 3-1 lead to the other and then joined them.

We know the truth :cheers:

ArbitraryWater
02-10-2019, 12:28 PM

I remember the Bucks destroying the Celtics in Boston with Giannis not even taking shots for the first half, so I doubt it.

game3524
02-10-2019, 12:39 PM

The Warriors secretly told us what they really think of Curry when they signed Durant. It was basically them admitting that they needed an elite ISO player for when defenses really hunkered down in the playoffs.

That was the main reason why they lost in 2016. Steph and Klay couldn't create good looks against the Cavs defense, while Kyrie and LeBron could and did in the last 3-4 games.

hold this L
02-10-2019, 12:41 PM
Giannis has way too much to prove to be considered that much. He lost to a crappy Celtics team in the first round that was missing at the time its 2 best players due to injuries (now Hayward is broken unfortunately). Bucks need to make some noise this PS though since all their relevant players except for Giannis are on a contract year.

He was probably 8-9th last year though, and this season I would put him as the 5th best. Which is still damn good.

ArbitraryWater
02-10-2019, 12:45 PM

Also bringing up how OKC is doing without Durant and comparing it to Harden and Giannis is disingenuous. When KD left, OKC still had another top 10 player in Russ and then the following year replaced him with another all-star player in Paul George. Of course the team isn't going to fall off the map when that happens. However, the fact that OKC isn't seen as a serious contender since Durant left says it all about his value.

the reason they're not seen as a serious contender is BECAUSE of the Warriors, no one is seen as a serious contender since Durant, a top 3 player, joined the best record team in the league. So that's a moot point.

The Thunder are close to replicating their 2016 record with Durant, and Durant exchanged for George is the biggest change.

ClipperRevival
02-10-2019, 03:41 PM
I've only caught glimpses of him this season. But seeing about 30 minutes of his highlights this year, he looks like a guy on a mission. Like he's there to take souls. A different mindset this season.

For those that have watched him somewhat this year, does this guy take the D end seriously? I mean he is the type of guy that can literally be a GOAT tier guy if he maxes out his talents because he's suck a freak.

He's got a devastating Euro step.

tontoz
02-10-2019, 03:49 PM
I've only caught glimpses of him this season. But seeing about 30 minutes of his highlights this year, he looks like a guy on a mission. Like he's there to take souls. A different mindset this season.

For those that have watched him somewhat this year, does this guy take the D end seriously? I mean he is the type of guy that can literally be a GOAT tier guy if he maxes out his talents because he's suck a freak.

I haven't watched his games, just the highlights, but he ranks 15th in the league in DRPM which is pretty strong.

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/DRPM

warriorfan
02-10-2019, 03:59 PM
Anyone who says KD is he best player in the league should get taken out back and get their low iq ass shot

FKAri
02-10-2019, 04:00 PM
I haven't watched his games, just the highlights, but he ranks 15th in the league in DRPM which is pretty strong.

You haven't watched a single Giannis game this season? Then you cannot have an informed opinion. Though I can understand the "he's gotta prove it in the playoffs" assessment. You're also missing out on one of the best shows in the league.

ClipperRevival
02-10-2019, 04:02 PM

Not a big defensive advanced stats guy. Too many variables. I use my eyes when evaluating defense. I have to see how he conducts himself possession after possession. That effort has to be there.

tontoz
02-10-2019, 04:13 PM
You haven't watched a single Giannis game this season? Then you cannot have an informed opinion. Though I can understand the "he's gotta prove it in the playoffs" assessment. You're also missing out on one of the best shows in the league.

I do watch NBA Gametime every day lol, but i have been boycotting the Wizards games until they fire the GM.

I have watched one full Bucks game, and parts of others, but not enough to judge his defense.

I never claimed to have an informed opinion of his defense.

AngelEyes
02-10-2019, 04:41 PM

He takes defense very seriously, he gives as much effort on that end of the court as any star in the NBA currently.

Pointguard
02-10-2019, 10:34 PM

Small impact? They were the best team of all-time due to him.
They were setting all time records before his arrival and haven't done so since. They didn't need him to set the records and have ceased setting them after him. They have five all stars now that's a record.

You are completely ignoring context. OKC had Westbrook, of course they aren't going to drop off the face of the map since he is a top 10-12 player. Comparing that to Harden and Giannis is just dumb since neither of them had a guy of Russ calibers (Granted CP3 is but he has been hurt most of the year).
My context is that Giannis can have the best record in the league without there being another player close to being a top 30 player. When Chris Paul went down this year Houston improved significantly. Durant had some very good teams (at least six) in OKC. Westbrook was a top ten player in about four or five of them. Giannis and Harden would be absolute killers with another top ten player

Pointguard
02-10-2019, 10:49 PM
I remember the Bucks destroying the Celtics in Boston with Giannis not even taking shots for the first half, so I doubt it.

He still opens the lane up for other players but Giannis is averaging over 30 on Boston this year.

Did you see the game yesterday where he didn't play??? Great Orlando absolutely crushed them and the Buck's shot 32%. Keep on doubting.

BigShotBob
02-11-2019, 10:41 AM
They were setting all time records before his arrival and haven't done so since. They didn't need him to set the records and have ceased setting them after him. They have five all stars now that's a record.

My context is that Giannis can have the best record in the league without there being another player close to being a top 30 player. When Chris Paul went down this year Houston improved significantly. Durant had some very good teams (at least six) in OKC. Westbrook was a top ten player in about four or five of them. Giannis and Harden would be absolute killers with another top ten player – GS with 4 all stars wouldn’t have a record close to them. OKC is a second seed in the West without Durant.
Sure OKC wasn’t suppose to fall off the map like Milwaukee and Houston would. But come on. They aren’t suppose to be a higher seed than they were in the last three years of Durant/Brook. Golden State is a first seed without Durant but Houston won like seven more games than GS last year when they had Durant.

Ooooh, right Bimbo. Paul George wasn’t on anybodies list of top ten players the last three years. But he should be expected to upgrade the spot that Durant had. And you got Durant as the best player right… .

Jordan was already proven - Durant wasn't. And Jordan's team didn’t get better and have a higher seed without him. BIIIIGGGGGGG difference. And had he joined another team, the new team win total would not have dipped by 7 games at the same time. And there would never had been a situation where two other guys who were carrying a much heavier load winning more games than him, while Jordan was playing with three other allstars. Any best player has got to have more value than this.

Durants a great player but yes he can't be given the title in this circumstance. The worse player in the league can join the best team and make them lose more. Greatest has got to have some more impact. Its moreso the situation he chose for himself. He could have won more than Lebron nobody is going to respect him more, because he joined an already great team before proving himself.

OKC went from title contenders to first round exits even with PG13.

Durant without WB (and Curry) never lost in the first round.

Find a different argument.

Show some respect to your reigning 2x FMVP and the current best player in the world.

Pointguard
02-11-2019, 11:46 AM
Because Paul George was recuperating and trying to mimick Durant's role. Now that's PG has fully healed his superior defense really helps OKC.

That

Rudeboy3
02-11-2019, 12:54 PM
You're an idiot. If you think being a 7 footer, with his footwork, coordination, speed, finishing, defence, passing and rebounding isn't skilled, you're an idiot.

Rudeboy3
02-11-2019, 12:56 PM
Giannis is the best player in the NBA and we're only 1-2 seasons away from that being the consensus. He's only 24, he has a great coach now and a great team. The only thing he's missing is a true second option, Middleton isn't that.

The only player I'll accept over Giannis right now is Lebron. Giannis better than KD,AD,Kawhi,Harden

Not trying to hear any other names

Rudeboy3
02-11-2019, 12:59 PM

He tops the list in damn near every defensive metric, he's number one in defensive win shares. He should be the front runner for DPOY and MVP

Pointguard
02-11-2019, 01:46 PM
He tops the list in damn near every defensive metric, he's number one in defensive win shares. He should be the front runner for DPOY and MVP
That's amazing when you consider that the Bucks have more blowout games than any other team. Usually the team just lets up when they got 20 point leads

game3524
02-11-2019, 02:09 PM

Find a different argument.

Show some respect to your reigning 2x FMVP and the current best player in the world.

Yeah, PG's argument makes zero sense.

KD leaves and the following year OKC is losing in the first round 4-1 to Houston. Next year, they add an all-star in PG13 and still lose in the first round to Utah. Put Durant on those teams, they are likely in the WCF (IMO, they would have been the title favorite with Durant, because there was a good chance they would have added Horford if he had stayed, and that may have put them over the top).

This year, OKC is on pace for 54 wins (one short of their win total in KD's final year there) and that is mainly due to Paul George developing into a top 5 player. None of that says nothing about how good Durant is.

If you want to argue Harden or Giannis are better ( I disagree), there are better ways to do it. But using impact because their teams are garbage without them is a dumb way to do it. No **** their teams will be garbage without them, they are completely built around them.

Rudeboy3
02-11-2019, 02:39 PM

KD leaves and the following year OKC is losing in the first round 4-1 to Houston. Next year, they add an all-star in PG13 and still lose in the first round to Utah. Put Durant on those teams, they are likely in the WCF (IMO, they would have been the title favorite with Durant, because there was a good chance they would have added Horford if he had stayed, and that may have put them over the top).

This year, OKC is on pace for 54 wins (one short of their win total in KD's final year there) and that is mainly due to Paul George developing into a top 5 player. None of that says nothing about how good Durant is.

If you want to argue Harden or Giannis are better ( I disagree), there are better ways to do it. But using impact because their teams are garbage without them is a dumb way to do it. No **** their teams will be garbage without them, they are completely built around them.

Giannis is certianly better than both KD and Harden. Give Giannis a legit all-star as a second option and the bucks are going all the way

Stephonit
02-11-2019, 02:52 PM
I think it is the guy who was setting records left and right, taking his franchise from perpetual loser to the top and revolutionizing the sport.

tpols
02-11-2019, 03:00 PM
He's not better than chef or kd... hell he's basically Durant with a Ben Simmons jumper

A healthy kawhi is also better.

superduper
02-11-2019, 03:04 PM
Bucks would be first in the East without Giannis

Sakkreth
02-11-2019, 03:08 PM

:rolleyes:

Rudeboy3
02-11-2019, 03:28 PM
He's not better than chef or kd... hell he's basically Durant with a Ben Simmons jumper

A healthy kawhi is also better.
He's a far better shooter than ben simmons. He's shooting over 40% on shots away from the basket. And has steadily improved his 3 point shooting, He's better than both steph and KD.

And lol at kawhi just :lol :lol :lol

Rudeboy3
02-11-2019, 03:29 PM
Embiid is a fat disgusting tub of lard. The 6ers would still make the playoffs without him. But the bucks can't even beat the magic at home without Giannis

allball
02-11-2019, 03:35 PM

KD's ability to shoot from anywhere on the floor makes him a tougher player to defend

Stephonit
02-11-2019, 03:39 PM
The guy who can single-handedly put a game away in less than 3 minutes is more dangerous.

BigShotBob
02-11-2019, 03:52 PM
Giannis is certianly better than both KD and Harden. Give Giannis a legit all-star as a second option and the bucks are going all the way

He's better than Harden but certainly not KD. Let's see if he can get out of the first round.

And Khris Middleton is a stud and a legitimate star/All-Star. Don't know what you're talkin' about.

Rudeboy3
02-11-2019, 04:12 PM
He's better than Harden but certainly not KD. Let's see if he can get out of the first round.

And Khris Middleton is a stud and a legitimate star/All-Star. Don't know what you're talkin' about.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Rudeboy3
02-11-2019, 04:12 PM
The guy who can single-handedly put a game away in less than 3 minutes is more dangerous.
So Giannis? Glad we're both on the same page :D

superduper
02-11-2019, 04:13 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

What are you laughing at?

I've seen Middleton absolutely take over and win playoff games by himself.

Meanwhile Simmons gets 1pt in the biggest game of his life vs real defenses while being straight up insulted to his face during the game by being left WIDE open and being dared to shoot and still accumulating 1pt.

BigShotBob
02-11-2019, 04:31 PM

Meanwhile Simmons gets 1pt in the biggest game of his life vs real defenses while being straight up insulted to his face during the game by being left WIDE open and being dared to shoot and still accumulating 1pt.

Giannis literally deferred to Middleton to make a miracle three point shot in the final moments of a playoff game last year.

But then again we're talking about our one resident Giannis stan so can't expect him to be rational about anything.

red1
02-11-2019, 04:31 PM
the bucks are the 1st seed in the east so until they die or are contracted as a franchise, I will not say a single positive thing about giannis.

quite frankly I find him disgusting. those dangly limbs and long-strides should be illegal.

superduper
02-11-2019, 04:32 PM
the bucks are the 1st seed in the east so until they die or are contracted as a franchise, I will not say a single positive thing about giannis.

quite frankly I find him disgusting. those dangly limbs and long-strides should be illegal.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Rudeboy3
02-11-2019, 04:38 PM

Takeover? You mean Giannis draws all the attention and Middleton hits wide open shots. Khirs can't do shit without Giannis and he's gotten worse this year. His numbers and efficiency is way down, dude is an overrated bum

Rudeboy3
02-11-2019, 04:40 PM
Giannis literally deferred to Middleton to make a miracle three point shot in the final moments of a playoff game last year.

But then again we're talking about our one resident Giannis stan so can't expect him to be rational about anything.
The **** you mean defer? The play was set up for brogdon or sterling i can't remember which one but they were getting doubled and krhis was wide open and because Giannis was inbounding the ball he just gave it to him. He wasn't deferring to shit.

The fact that you think Middleton is an all-star/star, lets me know you don't watch bucks games at all.

Rudeboy3
02-11-2019, 04:42 PM

So this is what fearing the dear looks like? Kawhi is an injury prone bum that's going to leave in the off-season and that fat aging buffalo gasol is going opt-in and your franchise will go back to irrelevancy where they belong :roll: :roll: :roll:

superduper
02-11-2019, 04:43 PM
Takeover? You mean Giannis draws all the attention and Middleton hits wide open shots. Khirs can't do shit without Giannis and he's gotten worse this year. His numbers and efficiency is way down, dude is an overrated bum

https://youtu.be/PeDHMJc74aY?t=28

Show me which one of these baskets were wide open due to Giannis

red1
02-11-2019, 04:50 PM
So this is what fearing the dear looks like? Kawhi is an injury prone bum that's going to leave in the off-season and that fat aging buffalo gasol is going opt-in and your franchise will go back to irrelevancy where they belong :roll: :roll: :roll:
no man you shouldn't get mad at me I'm just stating facts. those long limbs should be illegal in the NBA it's borderline cheating.

and I'm sorry but if your last name is so long it doesn't fit on the back of the jersey - that should be grounds to be disqualified from the game on the spot.

I'm just sick of the NBA making all of these exceptions for just one player. I get it I get it he's your posterboy even on the cover of 2k. but I thought we had morals and consistent standards here.

superduper
02-11-2019, 04:57 PM
https://youtu.be/PeDHMJc74aY?t=28

Show me which one of these baskets were wide open due to Giannis

https://media.giphy.com/media/11R5KYi6ZdP8Z2/giphy.gif

Rudeboy3
02-11-2019, 05:08 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/11R5KYi6ZdP8Z2/giphy.gif
i'm living rent free in your head boi :banana:

If khris is such an amazing player explain to me how he's shooting 45% ts when Giannis isn't playing with him or why all his numbers are down from last year or why he shat the bed against Orlando despite being rested :lol

Pointguard
02-11-2019, 05:49 PM

For the third time. Why can't you tell that PG was recuperating and not himself??? Its obvious he's a different player this year. This should not be that hard. If a limping George is supposed to fully replace Durant then its all too obvious that Durant isn't the best player in the league.

Durant and Westbroo and Adams had five years of chemistry. a healthy George doesn't have a year. And they will surpass 56 wins this year. He can't be the best if his teams net wins are negative 7 when he's played on 1st and 2nd seed teams. While other players are fully responsible for the best record in the league when they barely have an allstar between them and Durant has 4 other all star players playing with him.

Giannis and Harden are better because they bring it every night and win with a heavier burden. Durant takes a lot of nights off and has way more support , more all stars, a great coach, the best system, better pieces, more experience, more open space and more years together. But me expecting him to at least have a better win tally is lost on you guys. Durant joined GS for those reasons and to get a free pass. Your level of sophistication is to just give it to him. Give Giannis the two best shooters in the game and two complimentary allstars it wouldn

BigShotBob
02-11-2019, 06:38 PM
[QUOTE=Pointguard]For the third time. Why can't you tell that PG was recuperating and not himself??? Its obvious he's a different player this year. This should not be that hard. If a limping George is supposed to fully replace Durant then its all too obvious that Durant isn't the best player in the league.

Durant and Westbroo and Adams had five years of chemistry. a healthy George doesn't have a year. And they will surpass 56 wins this year. He can't be the best if his teams net wins are negative 7 when he's played on 1st and 2nd seed teams. While other players are fully responsible for the best record in the league when they barely have an allstar between them and Durant has 4 other all star players playing with him.

Giannis and Harden are better because they bring it every night and win with a heavier burden. Durant takes a lot of nights off and has way more support , more all stars, a great coach, the best system, better pieces, more experience, more open space and more years together. But me expecting him to at least have a better win tally is lost on you guys. Durant joined GS for those reasons and to get a free pass. Your level of sophistication is to just give it to him. Give Giannis the two best shooters in the game and two complimentary allstars it wouldn

BigShotBob
02-11-2019, 06:41 PM
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/11494741/slack_imgs_4.gif

2x FMVP

Spurs m8
02-11-2019, 07:22 PM
no man you shouldn't get mad at me I'm just stating facts. those long limbs should be illegal in the NBA it's borderline cheating.

and I'm sorry but if your last name is so long it doesn't fit on the back of the jersey - that should be grounds to be disqualified from the game on the spot.

I'm just sick of the NBA making all of these exceptions for just one player. I get it I get it he's your posterboy even on the cover of 2k. but I thought we had morals and consistent standards here.

As if you're serious, though

hold this L
02-11-2019, 07:48 PM
If Bucks somehow fail to make the ECF, I'm guessing this topic is going to get lit up.

KD's ability to shoot from anywhere on the floor makes him a tougher player to defend
He was defended pretty well at OKC

Rudeboy3
02-11-2019, 08:04 PM
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/11494741/slack_imgs_4.gif

2x FMVP
playing with 3 other fking all-stars. Doesn't mean shit Giannis would be a 2xFMVP if he played for the warriors instead of KD

Rudeboy3
02-11-2019, 08:05 PM
If Bucks somehow fail to make the ECF, I'm guessing this topic is going to get lit up.

Giannis is going to make the ECF, then go to the finals

NBAGOAT
02-11-2019, 08:16 PM

it has a decent chance of happening. Philly and Bos are not pleasant 2nd round matchups. Wonder what happens if Giannis plays well however since there's a chance everyone else just shits the bed from 3.

superduper
02-11-2019, 08:19 PM
Boston will shut Giannis down easily but they have no answer for Khris Middleton.

Pointguard
02-11-2019, 08:24 PM
Yet Paul George with Westbrook lose to.....Donavan Mitchell and the Jazz in the first round. Getting outplayed by Joe Ingles.

Why is it so hard to understand that PG wasn't himself??? Why do you constantly bring this up? Do you not have a concept for understanding this??

And yes Paul George was himself. He scored 38 points in the first game and called himself "Playoff P". Yet somehow he wasn't himself?
ohhh riiiight, so he played like he is playing now the rest of that series???

All you're saying is that it takes Paul George having the best year of his career in order to duplicate what Durant did since 2012.
Best player in the game doesn't mean equal to a player nobody has ever said was a top player. Career year or not.

You mention Steven Adams but not Jerami Grant, Shroeder, Ferguson, and Patterson among others who were far better help on OKC than Durant ever had (Nick Collison, Kendrick Perkins, Derek Fisher, and Kenyon Martin?)
He's had a top ten player for years. Adams provided stability as a long term player that's why I menitioned him.

Durant with Klay Thompson and bench players that you can hardly even name outside of Livingston and Iggy still took down the Spurs.
Huh, you missed out saying the best shooter ever and an allstar in Green.?. Bench players??? Try naming the SA Spurs players who play way more bench minutes. Kawhi got hurt in the first game that series right?

Paul George with Westbrook and Melo Half of PG and ruined Mello. You just say weird shayt.

Paul George will never "fully replace" Durant. Ever. It's taking him to have the best season of his career with the best supporting cast of his career (defensively and offensively) in order to do what Durant did for approximately four to five consecutive seasons (while being the scoring champion btw). They play better defense these days. I never said PG was better than Durant. But he does have better chemistry with Westbrook. And we don't know if they will be better than Durant's teams because its not like Durant took them to the promise land.

NBAGOAT
02-11-2019, 08:24 PM
Boston will shut Giannis down easily but they have no answer for Khris Middleton.

khris is streaky as hell however. He could also shoot 35% for a series

superduper
02-11-2019, 08:26 PM
khris is streaky as hell however. He could also shoot 35% for a series

He shot 60% for the series vs Boston last year.

NBAGOAT
02-11-2019, 08:28 PM
He shot 60% for the series vs Boston last year.

yea that's one series. Also stunk vs the raptors 2 years ago. I also doubt he plays that well this time, just not sustainable especially the shooting 61% from 3 part

Rudeboy3
02-11-2019, 08:30 PM
They shot Giannis down, thats why he averaged 27/10/6 on 67% true shooting? lmao, you're an idiot. Go back to fcking your body pillow :lol

Middleton is a streaky ****er, he just got hot during the Boston series, that's it

Rudeboy3
02-11-2019, 08:32 PM
yea that's one series. Also stunk vs the raptors 2 years ago. I also doubt he plays that well this time, just not sustainable especially the shooting 61% from 3 part
:applause:

superduper
02-11-2019, 08:32 PM
They shot Giannis down, thats why he averaged 27/10/6 on 67% true shooting? lmao, you're an idiot. Go back to fcking your body pillow

Middleton is a streaky ****er, he just got hot during the Boston series, that's it

Wtf how did Giannis have lower FG% than Middleton :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

My dude WILLING his way with pure skill over this travelling, no shot having, stiff arming fool

game3524
02-11-2019, 08:33 PM
For the third time. Why can't you tell that PG was recuperating and not himself??? Its obvious he's a different player this year. This should not be that hard. If a limping George is supposed to fully replace Durant then its all too obvious that Durant isn't the best player in the league.

Recuperating from what? He played 79 games last year and played a DPOY level all year last year.

:biggums:

This is one of the dumbest things I have ever read on here. The 2017 Warriors were a much better team then the 2016 Warriors. I don't care about team record since wins and losses in the regular season is a dumb way to measure how good a team is. This is especially true for a team like the Warriors, who openly said they weren't going to go all out in the regular season.

Anyway, the 2017 Warriors had a higher SRS and point differential then the 2016 Warriors. Also, they were far more dominate in the playoffs in 2017 then they were in 2016 and basically destroyed the same Cavs team that they lost to in 7, who at the time were playing at a historic offensive pace.

I don't even think KD is the best player in the league (that is still LeBron IMO). But your logic on why he can't is just dumb.

Giannis and Harden are better because they bring it every night and win with a heavier burden. Durant takes a lot of nights off and has way more support , more all stars, a great coach, the best system, better pieces, more experience, more open space and more years together. But me expecting him to at least have a better win tally is lost on you guys. Durant joined GS for those reasons and to get a free pass. Your level of sophistication is to just give it to him. Give Giannis the two best shooters in the game and two complimentary allstars it wouldn’t be dubious that he’s the best player.

Crazy me thinking that if you put the best player in that situation he should have the most wins. Especially when they already had that before his arrival.

Again, this is stupid.

If you think Harden and Giannis are better, sure whatever you can believe that. But saying they are better because they carry a bigger load is dumb. By this logic, Allen Iverson was better then Kobe Bryant in the early 2000's.

red1
02-11-2019, 08:35 PM
As if you're serious, though
stop trolling. of course I'm serious

Pointguard
02-11-2019, 08:40 PM
I don't even know what your argument is.
Because you don't read and think bad Mello and injured PG are additions to your team rather then subtractions.

You know he's better than Giannis.

You know he's better than Harden.
So are you saying that the two best shooters in the game wouldn't help Giannis and Harden? Space is the best thing for great players. Giannis and Harden get doubled way more than Durant. Durant has every team advantage nearly possible but didn't win more games than Harden last year and doesn't have the best record this year. You can't be unquestionably better with dam near every possible advantage.

And you know that the Thunder team around Paul George is better than anything Durant has ever had. Most of that is defense and some of it is chemistry.

Go back and check what Durant did to the Cavs in Game 3 of the 2018 Finals with his best help being....Steph scoring 10 and Klay scoring 12 on the road.

PG13 has never duplicated that.

Case closed.
Are you seriously singling out one game??? How old are you? Even if the splash brothers are missing they still have great presence.

tontoz
02-11-2019, 08:47 PM
Beal barely made the AS Game. His numbers are decisively better than Middleton. Khris is a good player but thats all. Without Giannis i can't see him getting to the AS game.

Pointguard
02-11-2019, 09:05 PM
Recuperating from what? He played 79 games last year and played a DPOY level all year last year.

If you think he's the same player he is now you have totally lost your mind. But you probably don't watch games.

This is one of the dumbest things I have ever read on here. The 2017 Warriors were a much better team then the 2016 Warriors. I don't care about team record since wins and losses in the regular season is a dumb way to measure how good a team is. This is especially true for a team like the Warriors, who openly said they weren't going to go all out in the regular season.
WOW. So Durant goes to an all time great winning team with every advantage possible but to ask that his team of four/five allstars to win more games than bad support teams in the Bucks and Rockets is outrageous. Its hard to even think of another advantage Durant has on every other top player not on his team. He can rest all year and just wait for the playoffs right. To ask that Durant show any impact and value that he should have on all players is the dumbest thing you ever heard.

Anyway, the 2017 Warriors had a higher SRS and point differential then the 2016 Warriors. Also, they were far more dominate in the playoffs in 2017 then they were in 2016 and basically destroyed the same Cavs team that they lost to in 7, who at the time were playing at a historic offensive pace.
You know full well they missed Green that year. But so what. HE HAS EVERY ADVANTAGE POSSIBLE and he has no separation on Harden or Giannis. NOT EVEN WINS.

Again, this is stupid.

If you think Harden and Giannis are better, sure whatever you can believe that. But saying they are better because they carry a bigger load is dumb. By this logic, Allen Iverson was better then Kobe Bryant in the early 2000's.

:lol YES! If Iverson had won more than Kobe who had Shaq AND the best coach. AND three other starting allstars. AND the best shooterS in the game. AND more Experience, AND nearly every conceivable advantage while the Iverson was carrying a team every game..

Come on now.

Pointguard
02-11-2019, 09:07 PM
Beal barely made the AS Game. His numbers are decisively better than Middleton. Khris is a good player but thats all. Without Giannis i can't see him getting to the AS game.

He got in because of their record.

SamuraiSWISH
02-11-2019, 11:01 PM
Giannis game is ugly AF ... especially that broke ass jumper / free throw form. Jesus even foot work wise he makes LeBron look like MJ and Kobe by comparison.

FKAri
02-11-2019, 11:10 PM
Giannis game is ugly AF ... especially that broke ass jumper / free throw form. Jesus even foot work wise he makes LeBron look like MJ and Kobe by comparison.
The base of Giannis' entire game is footwork + athleticism.
Have you even seen how he gets buckets?
He is shooting 64% on 2ptrs. That's better than any season of ****ing Shaq's. No other forward in the league can replicate that on volume despite many of them being better shooters than Giannis. That is insane.

NBAGOAT
02-11-2019, 11:24 PM
dude's actually shooting 32% from 3 since christmas so not disastrous at all. We'll see if that continues in the playoffs

I gotta give harden some consideration however based on just this year's play. This is peak kobe, wade, tmac type stuff

BigShotBob
02-12-2019, 12:00 AM
Why is it so hard to understand that PG wasn't himself??? Why do you constantly bring this up? Do you not have a concept for understanding this??

ohhh riiiight, so he played like he is playing now the rest of that series???

So it doesn't count since he wasn't playing at his peak level at the time?

What a cop out.

In that case every player that has ever played and lost gets a pass since they simply "weren't playing at their peak back then".

Get a grip.

Best player in the game doesn't mean equal to a player nobody has ever said was a top player. Career year or not.

KD is having his best all-around season of his career and he's still better than PG's absolute peak. The difference between KD and PG is that KD has been consistent since 2011. PG has flare ups and eruptions but he gradually fizzles out.

I know because I've followed his development since he average about 8 points playing with Danny Granger.

He's had a top ten player for years. Adams provided stability as a long term player that's why I menitioned him.

The Thunder team now would have been by far the best Thunder team Durant would have ever played for especially when you consider the fact that they don't have a defensive turnstile in Enes Kanter anymore.

Huh, you missed out saying the best shooter ever and an allstar in Green.?. Bench players??? Try naming the SA Spurs players who play way more bench minutes. Kawhi got hurt in the first game that series right?

I was talking about the series that Curry did not play in because he was injured, which was last year. He missed the first round entirely and came back in the middle of the Pelicans series (the same series that KD lit up AD btw).

And sure, 20% shooting Draymond. So let me ask you this - if the Warriors had a beast in Steven Adams down low to give it to and to rebound (mind you the Thunder are the best defending and rebounding team in the league) would they get better or not?

The clear answer is yes, they would get immensely better. Draymond provides a lot but players leave him wide open for three. Can you imagine anyone leaving Adams wide open in the paint?

Half of PG and ruined Mello. You just say weird shayt.

38 points in game 1.

"Half of PG."

Okay.....

Imagine if PG had to carry his team with zero of Westbrook in the first round, just like KD had to do the year Westbrook was injured.

They play better defense these days. I never said PG was better than Durant. But he does have better chemistry with Westbrook. And we don't know if they will be better than Durant's teams because its not like Durant took them to the promise land.

You sure as hell implied it.

All I'm saying is that KD is the best player in the world. And that is very little argument against that (that doesn't involve how good his team is).

Pointguard
02-12-2019, 01:12 AM
In that case every player that has ever played and lost gets a pass since they simply "weren't playing at their peak back then".

You mean like Durant til he joins a near perfect team?

The Thunder team now would have been by far the best Thunder team Durant would have ever played for especially when you consider the fact that they don't have a defensive turnstile in Enes Kanter anymore.
George was never my argument. I mentioned him as a random player who helps that team in much the same way Durant did. If he or any top player goes to GS with four other Allstars they will all have the much more success. Everything goes up when you can

Milbuck
02-12-2019, 01:42 AM
dude's actually shooting 32% from 3 since christmas so not disastrous at all. We'll see if that continues in the playoffs

I gotta give harden some consideration however based on just this year's play. This is peak kobe, wade, tmac type stuff
Since New Years (19 games):

28/12/6 in just 31.6 mpg

32/14/6 per 36

57% FG, 34% 3PT, 65% TS

+18.7 net rating

Team is 17-2 in 19 games he played

BigShotBob
02-12-2019, 02:21 AM
You mean like Durant til he joins a near perfect team?

If you can show me the time I gave him a pass then sure.

[quote]George was never my argument. I mentioned him as a random player who helps that team in much the same way Durant did. If he or any top player goes to GS with four other Allstars they will all have the much more success. Everything goes up when you can

NBAGOAT
02-12-2019, 02:31 AM

28/12/6 in just 31.6 mpg

32/14/6 per 36

57% FG, 34% 3PT, 65% TS

+18.7 net rating

damn that's impressive. He started off so cold from 3 but it's been continuing to trend up. Everyone keeps saying giannis will be figured out in the playoffs but I really dont think so. How do you guard him with the Bucks spacing. If the Bucks shit the bed in the playoffs,it'll be the supporting cast's fault, likely khris or bledsoe just shooting terribly from 3.

Btw, set your lineup lol. League's becoming less fun with like 6 people afk.

Pointguard
02-12-2019, 10:28 AM
Golden State did not have four all-stars when he got there.
They had three already.

Who wouldn't be better with three shooters and one of the best pick setters in the game. Name me the all star that wouldn't be better in that situation? So since its very obvious that George was put in a better situation in OKC he's definitely better in GS as would Giannis and Harden would be.

But I believe that he is the best player in the world right now because he is complete. He's the best scorer, among the best shooters in literally every area (and the best mid-range shooter), is as versatile of a defender as Draymond (but not as good), has become an elite passer and playmaker, and he's unguardable.

No player in the league is the total package like he is. I agree with Durant not having a weakness and being unstoppable. But PG is the second best in the league at everything and he's not the second best player. PG is a better defender than Durant btw. Durant is unquestionably a top two player. But if he doesn't stand out while being in the best possible position to stand out its hard to say what the elite would be doing in his most enviable position. Harden and Giannis are doing more with less without question - even you have to admit that. Durant isn't the MVP on his team right now.

Giannis is the MVP in my book but he's not a better player than Durant, the reigning FMVP.
Before Durant has the best player on that team ever won FMVP?

Pointguard
02-12-2019, 10:33 AM

28/12/6 in just 31.6 mpg

32/14/6 per 36

57% FG, 34% 3PT, 65% TS

+18.7 net rating

Yes and it's really hard to do that midseason. Shot rarely transform midseason. He was just off at the beginning of the season. I am sure he will be above the league average for 2019.

Rudeboy3
02-12-2019, 11:57 AM
Yes and it's really hard to do that midseason. Shot rarely transform midseason. He was just off at the beginning of the season. I am sure he will be above the league average for 2019.
He did the same thing last year as well, his shot for some reason always get better during after all-star break.

Rudeboy3
02-12-2019, 11:58 AM
If you can show me the time I gave him a pass then sure.

Golden State did not have four all-stars when he got there.

You're asserting two different things.

Is Durant the MVP? No.

But I believe that he is the best player in the world right now because he is complete. He's the best scorer, among the best shooters in literally every area (and the best mid-range shooter), is as versatile of a defender as Draymond (but not as good), has become an elite passer and playmaker, and he's unguardable.

No player in the league is the total package like he is.

Who knows. But I don't think that's the point. As a basketball player, Durant is the best in the league as of now and we're reaching a point where it won't even be much of a debate anymore.

Giannis is the MVP in my book but he's not a better player than Durant, the reigning FMVP.

Yes, yes he is. He's leading his team with no true second option. His defence/ offence is insane and it's only getting better

Rudeboy3
02-12-2019, 11:59 AM

28/12/6 in just 31.6 mpg

32/14/6 per 36

57% FG, 34% 3PT, 65% TS

+18.7 net rating

Came with the facts :applause:

superduper
02-12-2019, 11:59 AM
Yes, yes he is. He's leading his team with no true second option. His defence/ offence is insane and it's only getting better

He has Middleton/Bledsoe/Mirotic :facepalm :facepalm

Bucks are stacked as **** y'all need to stop lying to yourselves

Rudeboy3
02-12-2019, 12:02 PM
He has Middleton/Bledsoe/Mirotic :facepalm :facepalm

Bucks are stacked as **** y'all need to stop lying to yourselves
Why do you keep on bring up middleton? Dude has been average all season, calling him streaky at this point would be a compliment. Bledsoe is aight, Mirotic hasn't played a single game yet and he'll be coming off the bench. You're acting like all those guys are all-stars/all-nba

the sixers are stacked, the bucks aren't shit without Giannis

superduper
02-12-2019, 12:12 PM
Why do you keep on bring up middleton? Dude has been average all season, calling him streaky at this point would be a compliment. Bledsoe is aight, Mirotic hasn't played a single game yet and he'll be coming off the bench. You're acting like all those guys are all-stars/all-nba

the sixers are stacked, the bucks aren't shit without Giannis

He scored 25ppg on 60% last year playoffs.

Giannis has literally zero excuses. That is ALL TIME GREAT level help.

How a jump shooting guard scores more efficiently then a 7 foot travelling stiffarming freak is just :roll: :roll:

Rudeboy3
02-12-2019, 12:30 PM

How a jump shooting guard scores more efficiently then a 7 foot travelling stiffarming freak is just :roll: :roll:

He got hot from the field, middleton has never shot 50% in his career let alone 60%. He shot 67% from 3, his numbers weren't in any way shape or form sustainable. He's streaky af and he just got hot at the right time during the playoffs, middleton isn't the player he was during that celtics series. If he was i wouldn't be shitting on him constantly.

And this season is probably his second worst season since he's been in Milwaukee, he can't shoot for shit. His numbers and efficiency are wayyy down, you're an idiot who is talking out their ass. Stfu

game3524
02-12-2019, 01:17 PM
If you think he's the same player he is now you have totally lost your mind. But you probably don't watch games.

No one is saying that you dolt. You are the one insisting that he was hurt last year, he wasn't.

WOW. So Durant goes to an all time great winning team with every advantage possible but to ask that his team of four/five allstars to win more games than bad support teams in the Bucks and Rockets is outrageous. Its hard to even think of another advantage Durant has on every other top player not on his team. He can rest all year and just wait for the playoffs right. To ask that Durant show any impact and value that he should have on all players is the dumbest thing you ever heard.

I don't know why you keep harping on regular season wins, it doesn't matter. The fact is Durant went to GS and they went on to become perhaps the greatest team of the modern era. I don't care that they won 67 games, instead of 73. The goal wasn't to rack up regular season wins. It was to win a championship and they did that with a level of dominance not seen since the 2001 Lakers and that is in a large part due to Durant.

You know full well they missed Green that year. But so what. HE HAS EVERY ADVANTAGE POSSIBLE and he has no separation on Harden or Giannis. NOT EVEN WINS.

There was still game 6 and 7 in which Draymond played and they still lost. Also, the every advantage possible stuff is a myth. Last year, Steph missed round one and Klay was terrible in the playoffs for most part, while Draymond was inconsistent.

No separation? Durant averaged 35/8/5 in the finals in 2017 and then followed it up the next year averaging 29/11/8. I love Giannis, but he has not approached that level yet and James is a known fraud in the playoffs.

Anti Vida
02-12-2019, 01:23 PM

Mostly lebron fans who can't stomach to give KD credit. KD is the best in the world right now. Curry may be important to the GSW, but KD is the best player.

Anti Vida
02-12-2019, 01:25 PM
Right now it's...

1. LeBron
2. Giannis
3. KD
4. Curry
5. AD
6. PG
7. Kyrie
8. Frauden
9. Kawhi
10. Jokic

Giannis needs to prove himself in the postseason to be considered better than LeBron so far he has yet to win a playoff series in his career

Then how is he better than KD and Curry and hasn't won a playoff series? This is hilarious and full of vitriol for GSW. It's okay to admit you hate KD for pulling the same stunt as lebron and preventing him from winning more titles lol.

Pointguard
02-13-2019, 12:10 AM
No one is saying that you dolt. You are the one insisting that he was hurt last year, he wasn't.
Just as you quoted me: I said he wasn't the same player due to the injury. You don't watch games and your reading suffers more than it should. If you can’t tell when one player isn’t himself how are you ever going to compare different players. It’s a task beyond your comprehension.

I don't know why you keep harping on regular season wins, it doesn't matter. The fact is Durant went to GS and they went on to become perhaps the greatest team of the modern era. That talk was big here before Durant got there. There is no “went and became” it was definitely more like jump the band wagon and try to leap frog Lebron.

don't care that they won 67 games, instead of 73. The goal wasn't to rack up regular season wins. It was to win a championship and they did that with a level of dominance not seen since the 2001 Lakers and that is in a large part due to Durant. In all seriousness you really think Durant is the only player that could get GS to that level when they were just one good player away from that the whole time? They were the best offensive team easily without Durant. Their defense has fallen off tremendously. So yeah, PG, Kawhi , Embiid and Giannis are better defensive players.

Among the many things you don’t understand the question is who is the best player. Or to put it simpler are these five players, all who should be ahead of Durant in the MVP race, Giannis, Kawhi, Embiid, Harden and PG the same players they were in last year’s playoffs? If you can't tell that you shouldn't be watching or playing basketball. Who is, is not the same question as who was the best in last years playoffs.

If that doesn’t work for you why do you think all that talk about Brady was better than Jordan was squashed. It became obvious that great other players and coaches can make one player look a lot better than he really is. This crap that Durant shouldn’t win more than all the other players when he’s in vastly superior system is the weakest standard I ever heard for a competitor that you think is best. Why the freak do they lose like that with four/five allstars. If others are doing more with less the argument is weak at best.

Visually they all are on a similar level – minus Harden who flat out kills teams himself (please see the last GS game where he proved he himself could outshoot those three great shooters as a composite group), but GS has so many hidden advantages its crazy. They have superior spacing, coaching, players, experience, more versatile players and super complementary roles fulfilled. But to expect them to win more games is ludicrous, right. You want to reward him for being in the best situation. It’s a massive underachievement to not standout as a team with their situation. And its crazy to say the best player who definitely doesn't standout should be considered the best when he can and does take games off.

FKAri
02-13-2019, 12:13 AM
Mostly lebron fans who can't stomach to give KD credit. KD is the best in the world right now. Curry may be important to the GSW, but KD is the best player.
You couldn't be more wrong. It's actually KD haters who are mad that he went to GSW...of which there are uhh.. like quite a lot of

BigShotBob
02-13-2019, 01:23 AM
He got hot from the field, middleton has never shot 50% in his career let alone 60%. He shot 67% from 3, his numbers weren't in any way shape or form sustainable. He's streaky af and he just got hot at the right time during the playoffs, middleton isn't the player he was during that celtics series. If he was i wouldn't be shitting on him constantly.

And this season is probably his second worst season since he's been in Milwaukee, he can't shoot for shit. His numbers and efficiency are wayyy down, you're an idiot who is talking out their ass. Stfu

Eric Bledsoe has been playing out of his mind though, then you add in Brook Lopez's hot three point shooting and all the space Giannis gets and it works really well for them.

Giannis gets most of the credit because without him the game plan wouldn't be as successful and even then he's taken upon himself to shoot the three and get better at it which shows that he doesn't want to just be a playmaker, he wants to be able to finish plays for his teammates as well (a very good sign).

I have all the respect in the world for him and he's the MVP but his team has been lights out and they are among the top 3 defensive teams in the league. It's not just one or the other. He has the help that elevates him while he has the other-worldly talent to elevate his team.

superduper
02-13-2019, 01:24 AM
Bucks are the most stacked team in the league

egokiller
02-13-2019, 01:25 AM
He just is :confusedshrug:

Water is wet.

Pointguard
02-13-2019, 03:06 AM
Bucks are the most stacked team in the league
This week they played the mighty Orlando Magic without Giannis and got blown out. They shot 32% as a team.

Real14
02-13-2019, 03:08 AM
He's not even better than curry:coleman:

Pointguard
02-13-2019, 03:19 AM

:lol They were all guarding Giannis.

Seriously, Middleton played very well in the blowout loses. Played his worse when Milwaukee won. It irked like crazy. I wish he was more consistent. But he's not a bad player by any means.